April 23, 2014 | 1869 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2006 9:22:00 PM More reviews by CurlyGirlMere

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am forever searching for that low-maintenance, yet long-lasting lip product that doesn't taste like butt. lipstick tastes awful to me, and lipliner and gloss is usually my favorite, but it's not something you can keep in your pocket and refresh without hitting up a bathroom mirror. i will sometimes use those weird goopy products by NYC (the ones where you twist color into the brush), but it is soooo ugly and plasticy the way they shine unnaturally on your lips, i feel really gross in them sometimes.
anyway, in the past, i have used bonne bell's dr. pepper lip balm, but it has no real moisturizign properties, and....well, i succumbed to an impulse buy at henry's today and bought this burt's bees lip shimmer in "rhubarb." i totally thought it would suck, if you want to know the truth. i don't know why, but i just had my doubts.
WELL! it is GREAT! i have light olive toned skin, green eyes and brown hair. it's lovely!!! i could write forever, but instead, i'll go admire my lovely new product in the mirror :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2006 7:49:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

I bought this in Champagne. These smell nice and minty fresh, and freshen your breath a bit. Champagne is a light frosty pink with a little bit of shimmer. I am a PPP, but this looks good on me with a bit of clear gloss over it. I just didn't like because it broke in half pretty fast and smushed up in the lid. But oh well. I guess that can happen to any lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 6:58:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think these are more lipsticks than lip shimmers. The colors are very intense and easy to overdo. I only bought two colors (coffee and nutmeg), but both of them just do not look quite right on me. I like the smooth application, but the tube is a bit of a bother, you have to be careful not to swivel the stick too much, because the product will not retract. I won't buy these again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2006 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Nichele

The name of this product is extremely deceiving! There is NOTHING shimmery about these lip shimmers! I thought the color would be very light and of course shimmery, but it was completely the opposite! The colors were soo dark that I felt like they actually stained my lips. Way to deceive your customers, Burt's Bees.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2006 9:17:00 PM More reviews by HollyHox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the size of the tubes, but hate how you can't retract them.

For anyone who likes these shades.. RAISIN, MERLOT and COFFEE are being "phased out" and will soon no longer be available. I work in a store that carries this product and we've flat out been told to not bother ordering these shades. Guess they did that bad, huh?

The other shades are awesome on my fair skin, I love the minty balm.. I just find there is too much shimmer. I might wear these more often in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2006 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have these in Raisin, Merlot, and Watermelon, and all of them are great. Sort of like... lipstick light. There's enough color to show up, but it's just sheer enough where you don't need to use a mirror. I love the tingly feel, too. Great product, good price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2006 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Rubberducky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like these lip shimmers but the colors prevented me from doing so.I purchased coffee and merlot which i assumed will go well with my medium dark complexion . When i tryied them on they were nice , moisterizing,refreshing and minty. My lips fely great ........but the colors for my complexion were horrible. The coffee looked like a medium burnt orange and the merlot was a reddish pink stain on my lips.

Other than that , the shimmers were good. It s good product and i like how they feel. Burt Bees need some better colors for ppl of darker skin tones.
BTW think they are highly pigmented to be considered as sheer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2006 10:11:00 PM More reviews by and_crystal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have Watermelon and I love it. It's a funny color, really - it's both warm and cool at the same time (cool lilac pink with warm gold shimmer) and looks great on mostly everyone. I like the minty sensation and moisturization and it lasts for awhile on me. Unfortunately, these little tinted lip balms are used up VERY quickly. I only bought this two weeks ago, and half the tube is gone. Maybe this is just because I keep on reaching for this, I love it so much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2006 8:57:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

Funny, but my daughter has the Champagne and even though it is pale and frosty, it suits her. She is a pale strawberry blonde. Thankfully, God made us all different so, to each her own. I know I couldn't pull it off. It's nice they have a good variety to chose from, I think there is probably a shade there for everyone. Just be sure to test before you buy as the colour in the tube is not always true when you apply it. She happens to like the peppermint tingle these offer. I think the slim tube is a cute gimmick but you probably don't get as much product that way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2006 11:38:00 PM More reviews by voravons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Champagne and Coffee. I hate both of them. HATE. The Champagne is too frosty on me, and I like frosty! The coffee shade comes out orangey and I can usually get away with coffee-colored lip anything.