Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

on 12/22/2006 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I use colors COFFEE, COCOA, and CHAMPAGNE. To me the colors are too strong alone. I usually pair them up with other lipsticks to get the color I like. Usually I put on cocoa and put coffee over it. I love how these make my lips feel, but I can get that from the regular Burt's Bee Beeswax Lip Balm.

I bought almost all of the colors, and I like them all. I especially love rhubarb for day, and raisin for night. LOVE, LOVE, Love these! I love that they are natural, love the minty tingle, love the consistency when I put them on. The coffee and merlot are OK colors for me. I didn't try Champagne. These shimmers sometimes do have a funny consistency in the tube. Sometimes little chunks break off because it doesn't have as many preservatives and as much wax as normal lip stuff. But that is only a minor drawback. Pretty good price for being organic-$3 for a skinny tube. The container I have no complaints with; it's perfect to pop into my purse! These are very moisturizing and great alone.

on 12/4/2006 9:50:00 PM

Great product! Feels great, looks nice and is cheap! Oh, and it really moisterizes the lips w/o feeling heavy.

on 11/21/2006 9:07:00 AM

After reading above the rave over Burt's Bees Lip Wax, which I bought in Hong Kong as I couldn't get it back home, I found it to be just another lip balm. It was not moisturizing enough for me. On my recent trip to Hong Kong, I was tempted to try Lip Shimmers, I got a pack of 4 (Merlot, Coffee, Raisin and Champagne). I tried Raisin, liked the stained look and minty taste but didn't like the packaging. Can't twist the unused portion back into the tube. The colour was uneven on lips. Need to use finger to even out the colour.

on 11/13/2006 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like the easily transported and no-mess packaging of these lippies. They come in tiny thin little tubes with a pop-on cap. These are all-natural, and they have a nice minty tingle to them.

on 11/11/2006 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product because the ingredients are healthy (how much lipstuff goes into our digestive system?!) and the colors are rich but not as intense as lipstick. These days you can find them easily in almost any grocery or drug store. I love the peppermint tingle, but my husband doesn't. My only complaint is that the ingredients dry out my lips (not sure how that happens), had the same problem with Carmex.

on 11/10/2006 4:16:00 PM

I have Lip Shimmers in Nutmeg and Rhubarb, and love them. Nutmeg is my favorite - a pinky bronze shimmer that's perfect for low-maintenance makeup days where I want an easy, natural look. Rhubarb is a medium pink, that is pretty neutral in tone. The taste and smell of the lip shimmers are yummy - minty and fresh. They wear very well for glosses and are sheer and very light-feeling. I tried the Cocoa lip shimmer, and it was horrible. The color was a deep grey-purple brown that is very unflattering to my skin tone (Fair/Light with warm undertones) but might work on cool-toned girls.

on 10/27/2006 10:57:00 PM

I just bought this today after reading reviews. I was looking for something I could put on without a mirror while in school. I always feel stupid whipping out the lipstick and mirror in class when all the other women I go to school with don't seem to care about that stuff (my profession doesn't draw a ton of make-up lovers).

So anyway, I tried this out and it works great! It's in a lip balm tube and applies very easily. I think it's quite sheer, contrary to what some of the other reviewers said. I bought it in 'Watermelon', which on me comes out as a YLBB shade- a nice rosy/pinky. It doesn't shimmer though.

I bought it at CVS for $3.69. Oh and just for reference..I'm very fair skinned with pinkish skin tones, brown hair and blue eyes.

EDIT: I ended up throwing this away..it did become drying on my lips and the color just wasn't great afterall..also it broke off very easily. Would not buy again.

on 10/26/2006 11:08:00 AM

I was looking for a lip balm that moisturised, added some colour plus something that I could put on without the help of a mirror. Well I found it in this! I love the peppermint taste of this, it's much stronger & more refreshing than a number of other lip glosses that claim to have peppermint (like Bobbi Brown's lip tint). The colour I have, Nutmug, goes on sheer & a little shimmery. This replaces a number of lipsticks that I own! Plus of course compared to the price of a lipstick, this is cheaper. A treat for my lips!

Update: Very sad, but I developed an allergy against this. My lips would itch and scab-like thick skin would form on my lips, taking a week before the skin returned to normal.

on 10/23/2006 9:22:00 PM

i am forever searching for that low-maintenance, yet long-lasting lip product that doesn't taste like butt. lipstick tastes awful to me, and lipliner and gloss is usually my favorite, but it's not something you can keep in your pocket and refresh without hitting up a bathroom mirror. i will sometimes use those weird goopy products by NYC (the ones where you twist color into the brush), but it is soooo ugly and plasticy the way they shine unnaturally on your lips, i feel really gross in them sometimes.
anyway, in the past, i have used bonne bell's dr. pepper lip balm, but it has no real moisturizign properties, and....well, i succumbed to an impulse buy at henry's today and bought this burt's bees lip shimmer in "rhubarb." i totally thought it would suck, if you want to know the truth. i don't know why, but i just had my doubts.
WELL! it is GREAT! i have light olive toned skin, green eyes and brown hair. it's lovely!!! i could write forever, but instead, i'll go admire my lovely new product in the mirror :D

Recommended for Medium Skin