Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

on 1/5/2007 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Can't live without the Watermelon and Rubarb. These colors are not too shimmery; nor are they too intensly colored for my skin tone. (For an inexpensive lip tint, the color pigment is a lot more concentrated than you'd expect.) The Champagne and Guava colors are only good for top coat highlighters as they are extremely frosted. The other colors are either too dark or warm toned for me personally.

They're versatile, refreshing and convenient.

But alas, they do not last. LOL.

Oh well...

on 12/29/2006 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have this one in "Toffee". I like the color in the tube, but on my lips it is so frosty it almost looks like I'm wearing white lipstick. It is kind of a silvery lavender-taupe color. I enjoy the consistency and the mintiness, but it is too frosty. It passes if my lips are well hydrated before I apply, but if my lips are dry forget it. Toffee has no shine or gloss to it whatsoever; it is more metallic looking than shimmery.

on 12/27/2006 11:24:00 PM

Colors are weird, and don't look like the lid. Ok in an emergency, and better than a balm with no color at all. Def don't "shimmer". soso.

on 12/22/2006 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I use colors COFFEE, COCOA, and CHAMPAGNE. To me the colors are too strong alone. I usually pair them up with other lipsticks to get the color I like. Usually I put on cocoa and put coffee over it. I love how these make my lips feel, but I can get that from the regular Burt's Bee Beeswax Lip Balm.

I bought almost all of the colors, and I like them all. I especially love rhubarb for day, and raisin for night. LOVE, LOVE, Love these! I love that they are natural, love the minty tingle, love the consistency when I put them on. The coffee and merlot are OK colors for me. I didn't try Champagne. These shimmers sometimes do have a funny consistency in the tube. Sometimes little chunks break off because it doesn't have as many preservatives and as much wax as normal lip stuff. But that is only a minor drawback. Pretty good price for being organic-$3 for a skinny tube. The container I have no complaints with; it's perfect to pop into my purse! These are very moisturizing and great alone.

on 12/4/2006 9:50:00 PM

Great product! Feels great, looks nice and is cheap! Oh, and it really moisterizes the lips w/o feeling heavy.

on 11/21/2006 9:07:00 AM

After reading above the rave over Burt's Bees Lip Wax, which I bought in Hong Kong as I couldn't get it back home, I found it to be just another lip balm. It was not moisturizing enough for me. On my recent trip to Hong Kong, I was tempted to try Lip Shimmers, I got a pack of 4 (Merlot, Coffee, Raisin and Champagne). I tried Raisin, liked the stained look and minty taste but didn't like the packaging. Can't twist the unused portion back into the tube. The colour was uneven on lips. Need to use finger to even out the colour.

on 11/13/2006 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like the easily transported and no-mess packaging of these lippies. They come in tiny thin little tubes with a pop-on cap. These are all-natural, and they have a nice minty tingle to them.

on 11/11/2006 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product because the ingredients are healthy (how much lipstuff goes into our digestive system?!) and the colors are rich but not as intense as lipstick. These days you can find them easily in almost any grocery or drug store. I love the peppermint tingle, but my husband doesn't. My only complaint is that the ingredients dry out my lips (not sure how that happens), had the same problem with Carmex.

on 11/10/2006 4:16:00 PM

I have Lip Shimmers in Nutmeg and Rhubarb, and love them. Nutmeg is my favorite - a pinky bronze shimmer that's perfect for low-maintenance makeup days where I want an easy, natural look. Rhubarb is a medium pink, that is pretty neutral in tone. The taste and smell of the lip shimmers are yummy - minty and fresh. They wear very well for glosses and are sheer and very light-feeling. I tried the Cocoa lip shimmer, and it was horrible. The color was a deep grey-purple brown that is very unflattering to my skin tone (Fair/Light with warm undertones) but might work on cool-toned girls.

Popular Lip Glosses