Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

on 1/11/2007 11:23:00 AM

These are AMAZING. I absolutely love them. I want to have every single shade. Well, except Coffee which was too dark for me and it looked like pure rust. Anyway, I have Guava, Watermelon, Toffee and Cocoa.

Watermelon is a nice pink, not as shimmery as Guava. Guava is a bit lighter, watermelon is closer to my lip color, so itís a bit more natural looking. BUT, you can still tell with both of them that I have something on.

Toffee is a pretty, silvery taupe color. I like it when I want something shimmery but not too dark or too pink. Itís more of an ďevery shadeĒ for me. Cocoa is great when Iím wearing a darker color shirt and want something that will show up.

I canít say enough great things about these lip shimmers. If you find the shades you like you will love them. And I found them 2/$7 at Walgreens. Plus the minty taste and smell and feel on your lips is just like the regular Burtís Bees balm. So not only are you putting the great balm on and protecting your lips from the elements but you also get to look pretty too!

on 1/6/2007 12:48:00 AM

The perfect, lightweight lipgloss! Leaves a delicate shimmer & color on the lips. Lightweight & Non-goopy. It uses Burt's Bees Lip Balm as the base, so this makes it a very soothing, super emollient lipgloss. I highly reccomend it!

on 1/5/2007 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Can't live without the Watermelon and Rubarb. These colors are not too shimmery; nor are they too intensly colored for my skin tone. (For an inexpensive lip tint, the color pigment is a lot more concentrated than you'd expect.) The Champagne and Guava colors are only good for top coat highlighters as they are extremely frosted. The other colors are either too dark or warm toned for me personally.

They're versatile, refreshing and convenient.

But alas, they do not last. LOL.

Oh well...

on 12/29/2006 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have this one in "Toffee". I like the color in the tube, but on my lips it is so frosty it almost looks like I'm wearing white lipstick. It is kind of a silvery lavender-taupe color. I enjoy the consistency and the mintiness, but it is too frosty. It passes if my lips are well hydrated before I apply, but if my lips are dry forget it. Toffee has no shine or gloss to it whatsoever; it is more metallic looking than shimmery.

on 12/27/2006 11:24:00 PM

Colors are weird, and don't look like the lid. Ok in an emergency, and better than a balm with no color at all. Def don't "shimmer". soso.

on 12/22/2006 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I use colors COFFEE, COCOA, and CHAMPAGNE. To me the colors are too strong alone. I usually pair them up with other lipsticks to get the color I like. Usually I put on cocoa and put coffee over it. I love how these make my lips feel, but I can get that from the regular Burt's Bee Beeswax Lip Balm.

I bought almost all of the colors, and I like them all. I especially love rhubarb for day, and raisin for night. LOVE, LOVE, Love these! I love that they are natural, love the minty tingle, love the consistency when I put them on. The coffee and merlot are OK colors for me. I didn't try Champagne. These shimmers sometimes do have a funny consistency in the tube. Sometimes little chunks break off because it doesn't have as many preservatives and as much wax as normal lip stuff. But that is only a minor drawback. Pretty good price for being organic-$3 for a skinny tube. The container I have no complaints with; it's perfect to pop into my purse! These are very moisturizing and great alone.

on 12/4/2006 9:50:00 PM

Great product! Feels great, looks nice and is cheap! Oh, and it really moisterizes the lips w/o feeling heavy.

on 11/21/2006 9:07:00 AM

After reading above the rave over Burt's Bees Lip Wax, which I bought in Hong Kong as I couldn't get it back home, I found it to be just another lip balm. It was not moisturizing enough for me. On my recent trip to Hong Kong, I was tempted to try Lip Shimmers, I got a pack of 4 (Merlot, Coffee, Raisin and Champagne). I tried Raisin, liked the stained look and minty taste but didn't like the packaging. Can't twist the unused portion back into the tube. The colour was uneven on lips. Need to use finger to even out the colour.

on 11/13/2006 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like the easily transported and no-mess packaging of these lippies. They come in tiny thin little tubes with a pop-on cap. These are all-natural, and they have a nice minty tingle to them.

Recommended for Medium Skin