February 1, 2015 | 2264 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent brush cleanser, it really gets most of the makeup out of the brushes, fast drying and leaves the bristles nice and soft. I only use it to clean my eyeshadow brushes, I would use way too much if I tried to clean my face brushes. I love it especially to remove fluidline from my 266 after each use, it's so easy and convenient. Packaging isn't that great, it's a little bulky and it can squirt out too much if you're not very careful. Since I only use a little each time to clean my eyeshadow brushes, it should last me at least a year, so I don't think it's expensive at all. Definately will be a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by iwasntlazyinmay

PROS:

-cleans brushes very well! my brushes always come out squeaky clean and fluffy
-scent is okay, not too harsh on the nose.
-pink!
-fast drying. never have to wait overnight when i used to use johnson and johnson baby shampoo and warm water.
-only 10 bucks for 233 ml

CONS:

-you lose a little more product than you think because of the packaging. if only it came with a spray than it would be so much easier to not waste such valuable product.

I guess more pros than cons so it's a great product. Just be careful in not leaving the bottle on it's side because it tends to leak. Otherwise I always get great results in cleaning my brushes daily. Always turn out the same as when I first bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by dpchemd1

I was in need of some brush cleaner so I went to the Lancome counter (we don't have MAC where I used to live). They said to use eye make up remover. I went to a high end beauty salon instead and bought some brush cleaner for $22.00. It was greasy and didn't last long. Eventually I bought some MAC brush cleaner and I was in love. I have had it for quite awhile and still have half of the bottle left. It doesn't leave my eyeliner brush greasy and it is a great price. I am very pleased :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Beautifulblurr

If you are going to have make-up brushes then you have to clean them. I used this and cleaned mine every day and I liked it. When I ran out I made Koren's homeade version and it seems to do the same thing. Either way clean brushes are a must!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 11:18:00 AM More reviews by sofabean

I was worried that since it's such a small bottle, I'd have to buy it every month or so, but everytime I use it and look at how much is left in the bottle, it seems to never go down... Anyway, it cleans brushes very well... I have a few white haired brushes and they look brand spankin new after I clean them. The directions for the brush cleaner that the MAC guy told me to do were to get some tissue, pour brush cleaner on the tissue and then swirl your brushes around. The back of the bottle also says to rinse well afterwards. I find that the bottle cap leaks sometimes.... =\

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 2:06:00 AM More reviews by topnotch_babydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Brush cleanser is a makeup tool essential.You have to cleanse those bad brushes otherwise you'll be brushing an array of lovely bacteria on your pretty face.I agree,for certain brushes you will use alot more product,it would be simpler,more effective to use it in a spray bottle.It works well cleaning up makeup messes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am ashamed to say I have never owned a brush cleaner before this one. But the great gal at the MAC counter (thank you Annie in Seattle) recommended this one. I love MAC brushes and this cleaner, highly recommend both the cleaner and cleaning your tools. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Peacelover18

I use this every single day on my brushes. It cleans them with minimal effort. All I do is pour a little on a paper towel, and rub the brushes back and forth in the cleanser and it gets them clean. It works on both my MAC brushes, and my cheap brushes (Loew-Cornell, POSH). The price is okay ($10 is a little steep, but it's worth it). My only problem is the packaging - it would be much better if it had a spray-top. The way it is now, you waste a lot of cleanser because it comes out too easily. Other than that, I love it. I've gone through almost an entire bottle in 5 months, so it lasts fairly long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 4:25:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

This is a good and gentle brush cleanser. But it finishes too quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by circe1202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to use Sephora's brush cleanser, but this gives me an easier way to clean my brushes, so I'm more likely to do it on a regular basis! I haven't tried an atomizer like other reviewers just yet, but every day after using some of my staple brushes (242, 239, 217), I take a soft, dry paper towel or tissue and drizzle some of the brush cleaner directly on it. I'm careful not to dig or rub the brush too hard, as this might disrupt the shape of the brush, but rather to softly sweep it across the wet surface on the tissue in a back-and-forth motion. I stop once the brush is wiping clean with no product on the tissue. I then use my thumb and forefinger in a circular shape to pull the bristles downward, to gently reshape the brush. I let them dry with the bristles and ferrule facing downward. They are then clean and ready to go the next time I use them! The cleaner takes off even deep colors with ease, and dries very quickly. I also use this for deep cleaning every two weeks or so, but this cleaner has helped me to be more conscientious in between! Great product, highly recommend!