November 22, 2014 | 1708 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Beautifulblurr

If you are going to have make-up brushes then you have to clean them. I used this and cleaned mine every day and I liked it. When I ran out I made Koren's homeade version and it seems to do the same thing. Either way clean brushes are a must!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 11:18:00 AM More reviews by sofabean

I was worried that since it's such a small bottle, I'd have to buy it every month or so, but everytime I use it and look at how much is left in the bottle, it seems to never go down... Anyway, it cleans brushes very well... I have a few white haired brushes and they look brand spankin new after I clean them. The directions for the brush cleaner that the MAC guy told me to do were to get some tissue, pour brush cleaner on the tissue and then swirl your brushes around. The back of the bottle also says to rinse well afterwards. I find that the bottle cap leaks sometimes.... =\

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 2:06:00 AM More reviews by topnotch_babydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Brush cleanser is a makeup tool essential.You have to cleanse those bad brushes otherwise you'll be brushing an array of lovely bacteria on your pretty face.I agree,for certain brushes you will use alot more product,it would be simpler,more effective to use it in a spray bottle.It works well cleaning up makeup messes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am ashamed to say I have never owned a brush cleaner before this one. But the great gal at the MAC counter (thank you Annie in Seattle) recommended this one. I love MAC brushes and this cleaner, highly recommend both the cleaner and cleaning your tools. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Peacelover18

I use this every single day on my brushes. It cleans them with minimal effort. All I do is pour a little on a paper towel, and rub the brushes back and forth in the cleanser and it gets them clean. It works on both my MAC brushes, and my cheap brushes (Loew-Cornell, POSH). The price is okay ($10 is a little steep, but it's worth it). My only problem is the packaging - it would be much better if it had a spray-top. The way it is now, you waste a lot of cleanser because it comes out too easily. Other than that, I love it. I've gone through almost an entire bottle in 5 months, so it lasts fairly long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 4:25:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

This is a good and gentle brush cleanser. But it finishes too quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by circe1202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to use Sephora's brush cleanser, but this gives me an easier way to clean my brushes, so I'm more likely to do it on a regular basis! I haven't tried an atomizer like other reviewers just yet, but every day after using some of my staple brushes (242, 239, 217), I take a soft, dry paper towel or tissue and drizzle some of the brush cleaner directly on it. I'm careful not to dig or rub the brush too hard, as this might disrupt the shape of the brush, but rather to softly sweep it across the wet surface on the tissue in a back-and-forth motion. I stop once the brush is wiping clean with no product on the tissue. I then use my thumb and forefinger in a circular shape to pull the bristles downward, to gently reshape the brush. I let them dry with the bristles and ferrule facing downward. They are then clean and ready to go the next time I use them! The cleaner takes off even deep colors with ease, and dries very quickly. I also use this for deep cleaning every two weeks or so, but this cleaner has helped me to be more conscientious in between! Great product, highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by SnowJaz

Love this brush cleanser, it cleans my brushes really well. I pour the cleanser into a spray bottle, so everytime I finished using a brush, I will spray the cleanser on the brushes and wipe the colours off on a tissue or kitchen towel. This way, it makes cleaning brushes a breeze and not messy. It also help cut down the consumption compare to using it right off the bottle.

Definitely will buy again when finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by anglomania86

I find that this cleanser is fantastic for cleaning up my brushes. I use it daily especially concerning my concealer brush as sometimes I do need to use it to cover blemishes- so obviously hygiene is key. I try and use the tiniest amount and so far have had my current bottle for 2 months and am about half way through. By the sounds of it, I am using far less of it than some of the other reviewers who have had to repurchase several bottles within this time frame. I shampoo my brushes on occasion, apparently according to some make up artists you should do this every 2/3 weeks but so far I've only done this about once every one and half months. My brushes are clean but I do believe that my 239 isn't as white as it used to be, but this probably means I need to do a deep clean soon. It is annoying that the packaging isn't all that great and that you often get a bit that squirts out or when you tip some onto a napkin or in a container it just leaks down the side too. I haven't tried any other cleanser but I think I will buy this again because for me, it has lasted a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by BuffityGrl

Perfect when I'm too lazy to use soap and water.