MAC Brush Cleanser

4.4

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Triclosan, Red 33, Blue 1.

on 5/25/2008 11:33:00 PM

This is my HG daily brush cleaner. Its easy to use, effective and allows me to wash my fluidline brushes quickly on an everyday basis. I try to shampoo more intensely with a baby shampoo on a regular basis but this keeps my brushes in great shape and ready for use at all times. It doesn't take ages to dry like when you have to submerge brushes in water so it encourages more frequent washing.

I use this by applying to a tissue or cotton pad and rubbing my brush back and forth over it until all the color is off. I can't imagine anything working better.

on 5/21/2008 10:30:00 PM

this brush cleanser works wonderful, just dip the brush in and you can see the e/s falling away from the brush. leaves the bristles soft and clean smelling. bottle does tend to leak a bit if put on side, but im gonna replace the cap with a spray top. which i think will be more functional for me, since i like to clean my brushes as i use them, and my main way to clean my brushes is to spray them and swipe on papertowel. would repurchase just cuz its such a cutie patootie pink. im sucha dork.lol

on 5/19/2008 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Excellent brush cleanser, it really gets most of the makeup out of the brushes, fast drying and leaves the bristles nice and soft. I only use it to clean my eyeshadow brushes, I would use way too much if I tried to clean my face brushes. I love it especially to remove fluidline from my 266 after each use, it's so easy and convenient. Packaging isn't that great, it's a little bulky and it can squirt out too much if you're not very careful. Since I only use a little each time to clean my eyeshadow brushes, it should last me at least a year, so I don't think it's expensive at all. Definately will be a staple for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

PROS:

-cleans brushes very well! my brushes always come out squeaky clean and fluffy
-scent is okay, not too harsh on the nose.
-pink!
-fast drying. never have to wait overnight when i used to use johnson and johnson baby shampoo and warm water.
-only 10 bucks for 233 ml

CONS:

-you lose a little more product than you think because of the packaging. if only it came with a spray than it would be so much easier to not waste such valuable product.

I guess more pros than cons so it's a great product. Just be careful in not leaving the bottle on it's side because it tends to leak. Otherwise I always get great results in cleaning my brushes daily. Always turn out the same as when I first bought it.

on 5/1/2008 6:21:00 PM

I was in need of some brush cleaner so I went to the Lancome counter (we don't have MAC where I used to live). They said to use eye make up remover. I went to a high end beauty salon instead and bought some brush cleaner for $22.00. It was greasy and didn't last long. Eventually I bought some MAC brush cleaner and I was in love. I have had it for quite awhile and still have half of the bottle left. It doesn't leave my eyeliner brush greasy and it is a great price. I am very pleased :)

If you are going to have make-up brushes then you have to clean them. I used this and cleaned mine every day and I liked it. When I ran out I made Koren's homeade version and it seems to do the same thing. Either way clean brushes are a must!

on 4/26/2008 11:18:00 AM

I was worried that since it's such a small bottle, I'd have to buy it every month or so, but everytime I use it and look at how much is left in the bottle, it seems to never go down... Anyway, it cleans brushes very well... I have a few white haired brushes and they look brand spankin new after I clean them. The directions for the brush cleaner that the MAC guy told me to do were to get some tissue, pour brush cleaner on the tissue and then swirl your brushes around. The back of the bottle also says to rinse well afterwards. I find that the bottle cap leaks sometimes.... =\

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Brush cleanser is a makeup tool essential.You have to cleanse those bad brushes otherwise you'll be brushing an array of lovely bacteria on your pretty face.I agree,for certain brushes you will use alot more product,it would be simpler,more effective to use it in a spray bottle.It works well cleaning up makeup messes.

on 4/23/2008 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I am ashamed to say I have never owned a brush cleaner before this one. But the great gal at the MAC counter (thank you Annie in Seattle) recommended this one. I love MAC brushes and this cleaner, highly recommend both the cleaner and cleaning your tools. :)

on 4/11/2008 2:47:00 AM

I use this every single day on my brushes. It cleans them with minimal effort. All I do is pour a little on a paper towel, and rub the brushes back and forth in the cleanser and it gets them clean. It works on both my MAC brushes, and my cheap brushes (Loew-Cornell, POSH). The price is okay ($10 is a little steep, but it's worth it). My only problem is the packaging - it would be much better if it had a spray-top. The way it is now, you waste a lot of cleanser because it comes out too easily. Other than that, I love it. I've gone through almost an entire bottle in 5 months, so it lasts fairly long.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools