MAC Brush Cleanser

4.4

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Triclosan, Red 33, Blue 1.

on 6/17/2008 12:17:00 PM

I've recently purchased quite a few brushes from coastalscents after some rave reviews online and this is the first brush cleanser I've tried so I can't compare it to anything else but it does a great job. The bottle is awful, the box was slightly damp by the time I got it home because the lid doesn't seem to close properly so I transferred the solution to a spritz bottle and I've had no problems since. I usually give some tissue a sprtiz and then move the brush back and forth, I'll then wet some tissue and run my brushes back and forth over that as the the instructions do say to rinse but I'm too lazy to actually go to the bathroom. FYI I also wash my brushes with baby shampoo once every 2 weeks.

on 6/5/2008 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This brush cleaner works great. I squirt a little onto a round of cotton, then blot my brush into it, front and back, then run the brush under water and reshape. It leaves my brushes feeling soft and very very clean. Great product!

I really love this stuff! I put mine into a spray bottle, then spray onto brush and clean on a wash cloth...this works best for me...MAC's brush cleanser dries pretty fast and doesn't make my brushes smell like some other brands do. I do think it cost a little much at 10 bucks...but it still is the best brush cleanser out there

on 5/29/2008 7:38:00 AM

Excellent stuff. Cleans very well - I find it better if you pour directly on the brush rather than a tissue. Drys relatively quickly though takes a few minutes on the denser brushes. I have a beef with the packaging though - MAC likes to sell sprays separately and you risk with this pour cap excess spillage. How quickly you go through it depends on how much you use - I clean my shadow brushes daily and my foundation/powder brushes thrice weekly and have used about a quarter in three months, but quite a lot of that was spilt or having less control over the amount without a spray. Price was AUD $20 (beloq $25 USD I think) - which was reasonable for MAC here and I don't know of any other brush cleansers.
In short, cleans admirably and in a short time, price is ok. Packaging would be better and to get more usage, use a spray and directly onto the brushes.

on 5/28/2008 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff and I plan on buying it for the rest of my life. I just pour some in a shot glass, dip my brushes in and wipe the excess on a clean face cloth, repeating until clean. I clean my eyeshadow brushes pretty much everyday and my blush and powder brushes about once a month(I know, I should do it more) and I find the bottle lasts a very long time. I also LOVE how quickly they dry after use. About 10 minutes or less and they are ready for use again. A definite staple. And I think it's very cheap considering that it's MAC and it comes in such a large bottle.

on 5/25/2008 11:33:00 PM

This is my HG daily brush cleaner. Its easy to use, effective and allows me to wash my fluidline brushes quickly on an everyday basis. I try to shampoo more intensely with a baby shampoo on a regular basis but this keeps my brushes in great shape and ready for use at all times. It doesn't take ages to dry like when you have to submerge brushes in water so it encourages more frequent washing.

I use this by applying to a tissue or cotton pad and rubbing my brush back and forth over it until all the color is off. I can't imagine anything working better.

on 5/21/2008 10:30:00 PM

this brush cleanser works wonderful, just dip the brush in and you can see the e/s falling away from the brush. leaves the bristles soft and clean smelling. bottle does tend to leak a bit if put on side, but im gonna replace the cap with a spray top. which i think will be more functional for me, since i like to clean my brushes as i use them, and my main way to clean my brushes is to spray them and swipe on papertowel. would repurchase just cuz its such a cutie patootie pink. im sucha dork.lol

on 5/19/2008 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Excellent brush cleanser, it really gets most of the makeup out of the brushes, fast drying and leaves the bristles nice and soft. I only use it to clean my eyeshadow brushes, I would use way too much if I tried to clean my face brushes. I love it especially to remove fluidline from my 266 after each use, it's so easy and convenient. Packaging isn't that great, it's a little bulky and it can squirt out too much if you're not very careful. Since I only use a little each time to clean my eyeshadow brushes, it should last me at least a year, so I don't think it's expensive at all. Definately will be a staple for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

PROS:

-cleans brushes very well! my brushes always come out squeaky clean and fluffy
-scent is okay, not too harsh on the nose.
-pink!
-fast drying. never have to wait overnight when i used to use johnson and johnson baby shampoo and warm water.
-only 10 bucks for 233 ml

CONS:

-you lose a little more product than you think because of the packaging. if only it came with a spray than it would be so much easier to not waste such valuable product.

I guess more pros than cons so it's a great product. Just be careful in not leaving the bottle on it's side because it tends to leak. Otherwise I always get great results in cleaning my brushes daily. Always turn out the same as when I first bought it.

on 5/1/2008 6:21:00 PM

I was in need of some brush cleaner so I went to the Lancome counter (we don't have MAC where I used to live). They said to use eye make up remover. I went to a high end beauty salon instead and bought some brush cleaner for $22.00. It was greasy and didn't last long. Eventually I bought some MAC brush cleaner and I was in love. I have had it for quite awhile and still have half of the bottle left. It doesn't leave my eyeliner brush greasy and it is a great price. I am very pleased :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials