MAC Cleanse Off Oil

4.3

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Squalane, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Tocopherol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Water / Aqua / Eau, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limonene

This is by far the best cleansing oil I have used! It is great at removing all makeup – especially waterproof mascara. I have never had any breakouts or reactions and my skin is left feeling clean and not goopy and oily like other cleansers have tendency to do. I make sure I am never without this stuff and if I am traveling and have forgotten it – I go right to the nearest MAC counter and they give me a small vial of it – which is plenty to last through any trip I have been on. A little goes a long way. I love this cleanser!! A++++!!!!!!

I have been using this oil for about a month to take my BE makeup off. This is the first oil I have tried and really like it. My skin does not react well to cleansers, and have had small skin colored bumps/breakouts from brands such as cetaphil, alpha hydrox, and MD formulations (sensitive sikn). I think the reason for the breakouts was that these washes did not remove my makeup. After using the oil my face has cleared up. I do not follow with a wash, but I do use a toner to make sure the excess oil comes off. My face does feel a little oily in the morning, but I am still unsure if it is because of this oil. This is a product that is worth trying, and is a good price considering the amount you get.

This is a top cleanser that I will definitely always have as a staple in my skincare. I have combo oily prone skin and recently had gotten into trying clensing oils after I heard that they actually work great at beinga magnet to lift all the dirt and makeup out of your skin and leave it compeltely moisturized. Using an oil on my oily prone skin seemed insane but since I really was having problems with all teh cleansers I was using deep cleaning my skin too much to where it was getting dry I figured I'ld try the oils. Well I had tried everything from DHC to Shu Uemura. Shu is a great line adn I really lovedthe quality, smell, and feel of their oils but sadly after a week of it deep cleaning my skin a month later my face was completely clogged. I suppose cleansing oils ofcourse aren't for every skin type even though the Shu line has an oil for every type but really think the problem in their oilsa dn msot is that the main ingredient is mineral oil which really does clog your skin teh mroe you use it.

So basically as I was about to give up on cleansing oil even though I lvoed the idea of them I decided to try MAC's which has been on of my favorite liens for years but jsut never tried their skincare products. Anyhow this oil is amazing. I've used it for weeks and it has not yet stopped working. I lvoe that the consistancy of this oil is much lighter and less greasy that all the rest out there and it really does melt all makeup, dirt, adn unclog pores leaving your skin like silk and so moisturized which is exactly what a cleanser should do. This product is solda s amakeup remover as all cleansing oils and suggested to be followed with a cleanser which I do sometimes with my fav (Nuxe Honey Gel Cleanser) but honetly I love jsut using this product as my cleanser alone since this MAC oil does everything and more and DOES NOT HAVE MINERAL OIL IN IT which is really why I feel it doesn not clog my skin from all its natural fruit oils. Smells amazing, comes in a great pump bottle, and the price is unbeatable, really th best skincare item MAC has to date!

Bottom line if you are going to use a cleansing oil this is the OILY ONE to use and it works like a dream along with smelling like a light orange creamsickle.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is a pleasant step in removing my makeup at the end of the day. The oil feels luxurious and nourishing as I massage it into my dry face and the scent is very calming to me. It doesn't remove my (non-waterproof) mascara as well as I'd like and since I feel that it's more of a makeup remover rather than a cleanser I always follow up with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple after I rinse it off. I'm hooked on both of these products and they seem to work very well together. My face feels nice and clean but never stripped with this routine.

Didn't work for me. I was looking for a cleansing oil that would remove my waterproof sunscreen (Shiseido) and this didn't work for that. Even after cleansing my face 3 times in a row (!!!) with it one night, I STILL had sunscreen on my face. I like cleansing oils, but good ones seem a bit hard to locate, so I was really hoping that this would work since there are several MAC counters/stores in my area. I'll just stick with my usual oils by DHC and Fancl, which I have to order by mail (not convenient, imo), but I KNOW that they work well.

I really really wanted to like this. There are so many rave reviews, I figured I could give one too. However, this product dries my skin out and makes it a little irritated. It's weird, because I really don't have dry or sensitive skin. I've only been using it for a week, though, and will post if any changes are seen.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

First of all, I have been using this product for about 2-3 months, so I could safely say that the following is a fair review of MAC's Cleanse Off Oil.

MAC's Cleanse Off Oil is one product that comes this.close to receving a Holy Grail status from me. I'd massage about one pump of this product on my neck, and then two pumps for my entire face (on dry skin). Then I'd gradually rinse off the oil with warm water. Followed by my regular cleanser. I have to say that I never use this product as an eye makeup remover (I'd avoid the eye area whenever I have to slather the oil on my skin), so I couldn't really vouch for those that claim that this product irritates their eyes.

The product is SUPERB in taking off MU, and has almost no fragrance to it. Most importantly, it WORKS with my super sensitive, oily, and acne+blemish+clogged-prone skin. The product claims to be "botanically formulated with oils of olive fruit, evening primrose and jojoba seed and absolutely 100 percent mineral-oil free." My skin agrees wholeheartedly with the said ingredients.

I only have two complaints about this cleansing oil. First of all, the oil could only get rid of (and manage to keep them at bay) about 97% of my blackheads. In its defense, the blackheads that it couldn't get rid off were usually the ones that were quite deeply planted in my skin (ew...), and would even take quite some time for my dermatologist to remove.

Second of all, the bottle annoys me. Yes, you could twist the pump to its "Close" position. But when you're traveling, that bottle tends to get moved around in your bag or suitcase, and it's inevitable that the pump would get moved to its "Open" position. Whenever I had to travel with this bottle, I would have had to tape the top part of the pump to the clear bottle with a big sticky tape so that the pump wouldn't move around. Inconvenient much?

All in all, I love this product, and will continue purchasing the Cleanse Off Oil.

EDIT (December 2013): Been using this cleansing oil since 2009, and this is still my #1 product for taking off my MU! Tried other various cleansing oils, but either they would break me out, or not clean off the MU very well. Or BOTH *shudders*. Sometimes when I don't have any MU on, and I just feel that I need that extra step in cleaning my face (like after being outdoor near an extremely polluted area), then I will use this before my regular cleanser. But how annoying that they STILL don't have a travel version of this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this, but alas, it is simply not meant to be.

PROS: (1) takes off all my make up!! (2) smells nice and calming (3) great packaging, I do not experience any oil leakage or perspiration, and the pump dispenses the perfect amount. (4) turns into a milk when rinsing off and leaves skin clean without a trace of cosmetics.

CONS:
(1) If this product was so good, than why the low rating you ask? The break outs. Typically cosmetic acne appears on the skin after a mere week of using a new product, such as face wash, foundation, lotions, etc. Therefore you know right away what products to continue using, and which not to. However, there is a exception to this rule- oil. It takes 6- 8 weeks before getting a reaction from oil. It slowly builds up in the pores, and than explodes into a huge array of little pimples all over cheeks, nose, and chin. I was so upset by the awful reaction! It took me a while to pin it down to this oil, thanks to the help of some articles and talking to my dermatologist.

I will resume my quest to find something affective at removing make up, that won’t clog up my acne prone pores! Meanwhile I will save the bottle and only use it on days that I absolutely need a powerful make up remover. Until than, hopefully I can find a suitable replacement. Wish me luck!

Happy Shopping

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I admit that like most people, I was a bit terrified of this product. I'm scared of putting oil all over my face and because a lot of Mac face products have caused break outs. I asked the MA the best way to use it and she said to apply it to a wet face, and lather the cleanse off oil in my hands, let it sit on my face for a few seconds and rinse. It really works wonders. Takes of waterproof makeup, thick foundation, lips, everything. And afterwards, my dry skin feels really soft. I admit that I don't use this cleanser when I'm not wearing makeup, but when I do use it, it takes off everything so no need to follow up with a toner or another cleanser.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product amazes me. I have combo to dry acne prone skin and was sooo very scared to put oil on my face. I've been using it for about two weeks and so far so good. If a product is going to break me out it usually happens very early on. I used this wrong the first couple times and put it on a wet face with wet hands and then used my regular cleanser (PC one step in normal to dry) and thought to myself "well this is ok, but i dont understand why MUA is so crazy about cleansing oils". Well then I came back and read some of the reviews on it and they said to apply to a dry face with dry hands and then emulsify by adding a bit of water at a time. And wow! This product took off my primer, foundation, powder, blush, highlighter, eye shadow and liner and all but a few traces of mascara. If my skin is feeling on the dry side of combo or it is really cold and evil outside I will just cleanse with this and if I am feeling a bit greasy I will use my PC cleanser after. It is wonderful both ways. Light clean citrus scent and I feel like you get a lot of product for the money. This ones a homerun for me.

*Update*: I'm sad to say that this cleansing oil leaves me with dry patches on my cheeks everytime I use it now even though I only use it on my eyes :(. I do still like it for my brushes but it's pretty expensive to keep repurchasing just to clean my brushes.