August 1, 2014 | 938 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this product and would not buy it again. My issue isn't with the product it's self. It works great.

My problem is this. I heard great things about it so the last time I was buy MU at the MAC counter, I asked the MUA about it. My only question was "is it safe for contact lens wearers?" She said of course it is. Everything MAC makes is contact lens safe. WRONG! This clouded my lenses something awful. Even if I took my lenses out first, then used the product, it clouded my eyes where I had to use drops to see clear again. Yuck! At least I had clean eyes, i guess.

The only reason I gave this 2 lippies is because it does work. Just not for anyone with eyes!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by h3aRtSzxKiiSseSz

i've been using this product for a while now and til now i still like it a lot. i use it for my face and eye and i like to use dark eyeliners and this cleanse off oil break down the makeups very well, even though it feels very oily while using it but after you wise it off with water, it's not oily at all. if you're thinking about getting it, you should give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this stuff because the boards were raving about it and I was getting sick of cleansers either leaving residue or make-up behind and having to buy a seperate toner to cleanse fully. This definately eliminates both problems. This stuff would take off axel grease. And with a couple of damp cotton wool pads, it wipes off perfectly and doesn't leave you tight. One of the best things about it is that the nozzle turns to an "off" position really well - it actually DOESN'T leak all over your luggage. It's not the cheapest on the market but it does seem to last a good long time so I see no reason not to re-buy. A good find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this product to remove my sunscreen. My face hasn't been as dry since using it. Doesn't cause breakouts for me. Kinda pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by xphoenix06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG makeup remover! I just love this stuff! Removes everything from bb cream to waterproof mascara to lipstick! Feels really nice on my skin, and smells very nice too! I have combo. skin and my t-zone can get pretty oily, with that being said it doesn't make my t-zone worst. It doesn't do anything to do! So I think anyone can us this product. When using this product I like to feel it on for a minute longer after I rub it all over, and then rise off. It comes off cloudy white. You can use it alone or w/ a cleanser. I do both depending on how my skin looks and feels. I will definitely repurchase!! Compared to other cleanse-off oils this one is more wallet-friendly and easier to get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by harls321

I have oily/acne prone skin and was skeptical about using an oil to clean my face but now I wouldn't be without this product. It smells so good, takes off everything gently and doesn't leave my skin feeling oily. An awesome product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Krylyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I only really use this to remove eye makeup. Generally, I use more eye makeup-products than anything else, and as much as I love my Purity cleanser, it needs help getting rid of mascara/liner/shadow.

This stuff does remove nearly everything - and I say nearly because I do end up with some mascara and liner residue. I'll forgive that, simply because I know Purity can handle the rest with ease. I use one "pump" per eye on a cotten ball or pad. I usually hold the ball on each eye for about 10 seconds (no motion), then gentle wiping for the rest. Takes probably 30 seconds total.

Clear bottle, black lettering and pump dispense (newer packaging). Yay!

Best way to save money: go to your CCO!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 10:53:00 AM More reviews by freyja31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first cleansing oil and loved it. It makes a cleaning process and end of the day faster and more effective. No more wiping and stretching my face using cotton balls...
I love how it totally cleanses my face from the sunscreen and make ups and no need to cleanse my eyes using separate cleanser.
I use 2 pumps for face and 1 pump for neck. Probably a bit much but more is better than less.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by susie03

I'm converted, I love this. I use it in the evenings to remove sunscreen and make up. It smells gorgeous, feels like a luxurious treatment, I look forward to cleansing using this.
I use MD Formulations glycolic cleanser in the mornings and this is a lovely gentle soothing alternative in the evening. My skin feels supple and hydrated afterwards.
I love that it emulsfies as it means I don't need the added step of another cleanser, being oil based it means that I can leave my skin bare for 30 mins or so before applying my Eluage / Diacneal without it feeling tight.
The only slight gripe I have is that the pump on my bottle sticks so sometimes I have to press too hard and get rather too much product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 7:47:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my first time using cleansing oil to remove makeup as i usually use cleansing milk instead. i must say i'm very satisfied with my purchase. this removes even the most stubborn makeup without any use of cotton pads (very convenient and practical) and the oils don't break me out! all of my waterproof foundations come off more easily with this stuff than by using a cleansing milk. will surely repurchase.