April 18, 2014 | 1599 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by xphoenix06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG makeup remover! I just love this stuff! Removes everything from bb cream to waterproof mascara to lipstick! Feels really nice on my skin, and smells very nice too! I have combo. skin and my t-zone can get pretty oily, with that being said it doesn't make my t-zone worst. It doesn't do anything to do! So I think anyone can us this product. When using this product I like to feel it on for a minute longer after I rub it all over, and then rise off. It comes off cloudy white. You can use it alone or w/ a cleanser. I do both depending on how my skin looks and feels. I will definitely repurchase!! Compared to other cleanse-off oils this one is more wallet-friendly and easier to get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by harls321

I have oily/acne prone skin and was skeptical about using an oil to clean my face but now I wouldn't be without this product. It smells so good, takes off everything gently and doesn't leave my skin feeling oily. An awesome product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Krylyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I only really use this to remove eye makeup. Generally, I use more eye makeup-products than anything else, and as much as I love my Purity cleanser, it needs help getting rid of mascara/liner/shadow.

This stuff does remove nearly everything - and I say nearly because I do end up with some mascara and liner residue. I'll forgive that, simply because I know Purity can handle the rest with ease. I use one "pump" per eye on a cotten ball or pad. I usually hold the ball on each eye for about 10 seconds (no motion), then gentle wiping for the rest. Takes probably 30 seconds total.

Clear bottle, black lettering and pump dispense (newer packaging). Yay!

Best way to save money: go to your CCO!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 10:53:00 AM More reviews by freyja31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first cleansing oil and loved it. It makes a cleaning process and end of the day faster and more effective. No more wiping and stretching my face using cotton balls...
I love how it totally cleanses my face from the sunscreen and make ups and no need to cleanse my eyes using separate cleanser.
I use 2 pumps for face and 1 pump for neck. Probably a bit much but more is better than less.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by susie03

I'm converted, I love this. I use it in the evenings to remove sunscreen and make up. It smells gorgeous, feels like a luxurious treatment, I look forward to cleansing using this.
I use MD Formulations glycolic cleanser in the mornings and this is a lovely gentle soothing alternative in the evening. My skin feels supple and hydrated afterwards.
I love that it emulsfies as it means I don't need the added step of another cleanser, being oil based it means that I can leave my skin bare for 30 mins or so before applying my Eluage / Diacneal without it feeling tight.
The only slight gripe I have is that the pump on my bottle sticks so sometimes I have to press too hard and get rather too much product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 7:47:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my first time using cleansing oil to remove makeup as i usually use cleansing milk instead. i must say i'm very satisfied with my purchase. this removes even the most stubborn makeup without any use of cotton pads (very convenient and practical) and the oils don't break me out! all of my waterproof foundations come off more easily with this stuff than by using a cleansing milk. will surely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

You know, I understand MUA loves cleansing oils and this is one of the board favorites. You'd think that for someone who's an employee and who wears a full face on work days, I'd be all for this product. The truth is that 1. I find cleansing oils to be an additional step I dont personally need (at least for the most part) and 2. every single time I've used this I've had a weird reaction to it and my skin does *not* love it. This left my face extremely irritated and patchy, as if I had hives or something! I also ended up with a gazillion irritation bumps and clogged pores. No thanks.
A cleansing oil is just not an extra step I like to take personally. My HG cleanser takes all my makeup off and keeps my skin clear already. I do, however, keep this in my kit for those times when I'm doing stage makeup and such.
Oh...wait...one thing I do like using this for is to get the grime and oils off my makeup brushes. Girls...you should try this, especially on your foundation brushes along with whatever else you use to clean your brushes. You'd be suprised how much crap comes off those suckers!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought it at a CCO, and I was interested because I have heard of oil's that remove makeup and cleanse, but never used one. It does the job, breaks apart the foundation/mascara/shadow.. you name it. Then I use a gentle cleanser like cetaphil bar soap to remove the rest and the oil. If you have very dry skin, maybe the oil is all you need but most people want to cleanse it away.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 6:56:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Shu's cleansing oil (the a/o) for a couple of years now & have been extremely happy with it. Last time I ran out they didn't have any left at my Shu counter so I decided to give MAC's cleanse off oil a try.
It does as good a job as the Shu oil at removing my make-up without being harsh or having to scrub and does leave my skin feeling soft after but it's just not the oil for me.
Firstly there's the scent, which I find a bit overwhelming. It's not unpleasant, just strong.
The worst part? It's resulted in me breaking out on my chin & jawline. Big, painful spots that look almost bruised. At first I wasn't sure whether this product was the culprit but the only other new thing I've been using is a night cream. I don't wear make-up every day & the spots popped up after I'd removed my make-up with this. Something I never encountered once with the Shu oil.
It would have been great if this had worked for me because it's easier to get hold of. Unfortunately it's a case of hoping that Shu have some of my regular cleansing oil in stock.
UPDATE: I've been using the night cream that I thought could also be blamed for my outbreak with no problems at all so it was definitely the Cleanse Off Oil that caused it. I've been using it to clean my make-up brushes that I use for emollient-based products (making sure I use brush cleanser afterwards) and it's fantastic for that purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by tenacious_d

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Where has cleansing oil been all my life?? Thank god for MUA, otherwise I'd still be stripping my face with traditional soapy-type face cleansers that don't even work. This removes all my longwearing makeup, including my waterproof Diorshow mascara that nothing else could ever get off. My skin feels so comfortable and clean after washing, never tight or dry. I find I don't battle flakey skin and clogged pores like I used to. I've tried DHC cleansing oil, but I prefer MAC because it rinses better, and because of the fragrance. It is really, really yummy smelling.