September 19, 2014 | 1939 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

This product amazes me. I have combo to dry acne prone skin and was sooo very scared to put oil on my face. I've been using it for about two weeks and so far so good. If a product is going to break me out it usually happens very early on. I used this wrong the first couple times and put it on a wet face with wet hands and then used my regular cleanser (PC one step in normal to dry) and thought to myself "well this is ok, but i dont understand why MUA is so crazy about cleansing oils". Well then I came back and read some of the reviews on it and they said to apply to a dry face with dry hands and then emulsify by adding a bit of water at a time. And wow! This product took off my primer, foundation, powder, blush, highlighter, eye shadow and liner and all but a few traces of mascara. If my skin is feeling on the dry side of combo or it is really cold and evil outside I will just cleanse with this and if I am feeling a bit greasy I will use my PC cleanser after. It is wonderful both ways. Light clean citrus scent and I feel like you get a lot of product for the money. This ones a homerun for me.

*Update*: I'm sad to say that this cleansing oil leaves me with dry patches on my cheeks everytime I use it now even though I only use it on my eyes :(. I do still like it for my brushes but it's pretty expensive to keep repurchasing just to clean my brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by kristina86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am comparing this to Clinique's "Take the Day Off" Cleansing Balm, which claims to perform similarly to this product. I found Clinique's to work better and faster, however MAC's packaging was better. (Clinique's is more of a wax-like texture in a scoop out containter, while MAC's is a liquid in a pump bottle.)

I purcahsed this instead of Clinique's to try because I can use it for Back To Mac when I'm done. I'll finish up the bottle of this but I will go back to Clinique when I'm done, as it feels less greasy (while somehow smoother at the same time) and actually works a lot faster than MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Shanine

Where have you been all of my life! I have only recently been interested in a cleansing oil because I've been blind to its benefits for a long time. I was going to try simple Jojoba oil but this one is packed with other natural oils which seemed promising. It doesn't take off ALL eye makeup (I use Avon eye makeup remover for that) but it takes off my Mac Prep+Prime SPF 50 and Revlon Colour Stay AND my Clinique instant pore perfector (I have massive pores). My face feels great after I use this oil and I don't always cleanse with my regular cleanser afterwords because there is no film left to wash off. Great product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this product and would not buy it again. My issue isn't with the product it's self. It works great.

My problem is this. I heard great things about it so the last time I was buy MU at the MAC counter, I asked the MUA about it. My only question was "is it safe for contact lens wearers?" She said of course it is. Everything MAC makes is contact lens safe. WRONG! This clouded my lenses something awful. Even if I took my lenses out first, then used the product, it clouded my eyes where I had to use drops to see clear again. Yuck! At least I had clean eyes, i guess.

The only reason I gave this 2 lippies is because it does work. Just not for anyone with eyes!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by h3aRtSzxKiiSseSz

i've been using this product for a while now and til now i still like it a lot. i use it for my face and eye and i like to use dark eyeliners and this cleanse off oil break down the makeups very well, even though it feels very oily while using it but after you wise it off with water, it's not oily at all. if you're thinking about getting it, you should give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this stuff because the boards were raving about it and I was getting sick of cleansers either leaving residue or make-up behind and having to buy a seperate toner to cleanse fully. This definately eliminates both problems. This stuff would take off axel grease. And with a couple of damp cotton wool pads, it wipes off perfectly and doesn't leave you tight. One of the best things about it is that the nozzle turns to an "off" position really well - it actually DOESN'T leak all over your luggage. It's not the cheapest on the market but it does seem to last a good long time so I see no reason not to re-buy. A good find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this product to remove my sunscreen. My face hasn't been as dry since using it. Doesn't cause breakouts for me. Kinda pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by xphoenix06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG makeup remover! I just love this stuff! Removes everything from bb cream to waterproof mascara to lipstick! Feels really nice on my skin, and smells very nice too! I have combo. skin and my t-zone can get pretty oily, with that being said it doesn't make my t-zone worst. It doesn't do anything to do! So I think anyone can us this product. When using this product I like to feel it on for a minute longer after I rub it all over, and then rise off. It comes off cloudy white. You can use it alone or w/ a cleanser. I do both depending on how my skin looks and feels. I will definitely repurchase!! Compared to other cleanse-off oils this one is more wallet-friendly and easier to get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by harls321

I have oily/acne prone skin and was skeptical about using an oil to clean my face but now I wouldn't be without this product. It smells so good, takes off everything gently and doesn't leave my skin feeling oily. An awesome product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Krylyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I only really use this to remove eye makeup. Generally, I use more eye makeup-products than anything else, and as much as I love my Purity cleanser, it needs help getting rid of mascara/liner/shadow.

This stuff does remove nearly everything - and I say nearly because I do end up with some mascara and liner residue. I'll forgive that, simply because I know Purity can handle the rest with ease. I use one "pump" per eye on a cotten ball or pad. I usually hold the ball on each eye for about 10 seconds (no motion), then gentle wiping for the rest. Takes probably 30 seconds total.

Clear bottle, black lettering and pump dispense (newer packaging). Yay!

Best way to save money: go to your CCO!