July 24, 2014 | 1587 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by lourvesther

i love this product! i wear waterproof mascara due to my teary eyes, this dissolves my mascara and eye makeup well.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by BrownEyedGirl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also received this free with the purchase of something else. I tried it out & it irritated my eyes a little bit. Also, it has greasy feel to it after you wipe your makeup off. However I do love how it's sensitive to your face, I'd much rather use it as a facial makeup remover. Not on my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by nailippomaniac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for free. I agree with another reviewer on mascara. This has problems in getting off the mascara n eyeliner as easily as the eyeshadow. I have to try all tactics to clean my lashline. What appeals to me is that unlike many other removers it does not dry out my skin. It gives some oiliness to your lips and eyelids until you wash it off.
I don't like the packaging of many cosmetics. You need a protective cover after the top lid with a small hole so that you can control the liquid you are taking out.
Pretty OK for me I will buy it again if the price looks decent enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by burbluebee

This is just an okay makeup remover. I find that it takes off eyeshadow fine, but doesn't remove all of my mascara, and I have to use an oil cleanser to get the rest of it off. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 5:09:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've never really been a fan of Clinique products, but recently I got a travel set as a gift and this was included as part of the 5 piece set.
I really find this to be one of the better (if not best) eye make-up removers I've ever used. Primarily because it does take off everything, waterproof does not stand a chance and neither does super sparkly eyeshadow.
I was using Klorane's with cornflower before this for the lack of oily residue it leaves, but as long as I use this before cleansing I really don't mind the oilyness that much.
The best part about this product though is the packaging. I love the ultra-secure cap. I've had bad leaks in luggage or in my make-up kit in the past but now I can go worry free with Clinique. A bit pricey but a definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by tennis4life

I love this stuff. All it takes is two swipes on a cotton round to get off my MAC eyeshadow (I'm talking strong pigments and tons of sparkles), mascara, and eyeliner. The teeny bit of eye makeup that remains is then swept away by whatever cleanser I use (usually Cetaphil). It is oily as another reviewer pointed out, but I feel that it's moisturizing. I have sensitive eye lids that sometimes break out in eczema which is usually always aggravated by eye makeup removers and this is one of the only ones that doesn't cause trouble for me. I can't comment on the price, because I'm currently using a sample but I know it's not dirt cheap. I am, however, willing to pay the price because it's so gentle and that's important with a product that you're using near your eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 1:55:00 AM More reviews by shelovesyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

pros: -removes makeup quickly without hassle.
-doesnt sting eyes.
cons: -leaves skin oily.
-somewhat expensive.
overall this is a pretty good remover. You need to really shake it before use or the oil separates. I got it as a sample and i havent run out so far. I'm not sure yet if i will repurchase....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by sherrier

I have been using this for many years and I love it. My daughters all use it now also. Takes the makeup off without any stinging. I do not need to tug at my makeup, it comes off easily. I have tried others in the past but always go back to this. Leaves a little oily residue behind but that wipes off easily and if there is any left I figure it is moisterizing the skin around my eyes. I will keep buying this as long as they make it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by colourfulapple

This makeup remover is expensive compared to drugstore brands but it works great. It takes off my eyeliners and waterproof mascara. It does not sting or cause any bumps around the eye area.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very good for removing eye and lip makeup indeed, but after each application I feel an oily sheen around my eyes and need to wash it off with another cleanser. Not as good as Shu Uemura's oils.