April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by chicandglam

i really love this!!! it works with my skin tone. its great when you're not in the mood to apply or put too much make-up, like just a bit of foundation, eyeliner and russian red, and i'm all set to party! will definitely buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by piphi329

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OMG! I absolutely love this lipstick, the color payoff is amazing. Its a deep true red. If you like pin-up looks like I do then this is the lipstick for you. It is a matte lipstick, but not over drying at all. I love this color with Cherry lip liner from MAC also. I will purchase this as soon as I run out. Definitely my HG for red lipstick!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by BeautyRose

The best red lipstick I have ever owned. If you like the matte red film-noir look, this is for you. Compared with other, more expensive lipsticks, this beats them all. Plus, even though it's matte, it's not overly drying. And it lasts. Only thing is, you must use it with caution, and although I have quite small lips, if I accidentaly go outside them, it's very obvious and I look clownish, so maybe this is not for you if you have full, plump lips. But I would give it a try, because it's well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by spawned

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

best red lipstick ever. this would definitely flatter asian skin. i love that it stays on my lips ALL day. It's mac so it's unshockingly pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by geraldinelorente

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my first MAC lipstick and it is because of such that I am now addicted to MAC. I absolutely love the shade and it has superb lasting power (it stays all day long)! No need for retouch even after meals. I wear this lipstick even on a daytime and it is no doubt a head turner.

Yes, it could dry your lips a bit (matte formula) but I usually put a lip balm before applying Russian red and that solves the problem. Just be careful when putting the lipstick on the ends of your lips cause it is hard to "erase" it if it run past your lips. So another advise is to get a lip liner so that the product will not "move" on your lips. :)

This is definitely HG material! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by fayedunaway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes, Russian Red is quite trendy right now, but I think that the color is awful. A less bright red, like Dubonnet, would be much more flattering IMO.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by drdruggirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first matte lipstick I have ever tried. I apply the lippie with out lipliner or gloss. I was super worried about the drying effect of the lippie. I have to tell you there was nothing to worry about. I was amazed at the length of time the color stays on and true. I got a true color for over 6 hours. I was impressed to say the least, since I normally eat off my lipsticks. I drank water out of water bottles and ate a sandwich. Color wise it shows up with a red with more of an orange undertone. I do not see the blue undertone as other reviewers are saying. I can not wear blue undertone reds. I get noticed when I wear this lippie. I wear this with simple black eyeliner, a little foundation, Nars orgasm. My husband is like OMG what did you do that men are staring at you. Serious!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Shadowdance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love Russian Red & thought this would be the perfect red for me but it turns bright pinkish on me. I'm pale but I have oliveish skin so maybe that is why. When I put it on it's very red then it fades to a ugly bright pink color. Russian Red is not flattering on everyone like people say! I've held onto it long enough so up for swap it goes! I know it will look much better on someone else.

PS Very drying!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best reds I've found so far. I like the fact that it's matte. It helps underplay a full mouth. I never go glossy with a deep red color. And also I think this color works on every skin tone, from fair to dark. It will look classy. I wear this with a plain face, maybe just a dab of blush and some eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to disagree with those folks who are saying this will not look good on warm or yellow toned gals. I am an olive-yellow toned gal and this red looks great on me. Blue tone reds do not generally look good on me which is why I always prefer warm toned reds. But this red has a brown or warmth tint to it. So while I can see a bit of the blue in the swatch test on white paper - it still comes out incredibly neutral. Meaning it can be worn by women of any undertone. Check out the other reviews and I think you will see quite a number of olive or warm toned gals loving this lipstick too.

This is actually has less blue than the Shisheido RD 514 lipstick which is almost an exact copy of this shade except it has a rich creamy feel and look to the lipstick. Still deciding whether I want to keep russian red vs. R514. I like the creamy rich look of the Shisheido but it also costs $25 compared to MAC's $1, although it is a matte shade.