MAC Russian Red

4.6

on 11/20/2010 5:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is the first lipstick i have ever purchased... There was a promotional offer going on in my city where I had to give in 6 empty containers of MAC and I'd b given a MAC lipstick for free! It's the back to mac offer....so I thought of getting the russian red since i have heard soooo much about it :) I always wanted to get a red lip color in matte and everyone suggested me this color... It's super gorgeous :) I wishhhh I had bought this years ago ;) It's a beautiful red color and you can wear it everyday...but it's very important to know the application technique!! I have worn it twice so far and its flawless....I usually wear a moisturizer underneath so that my lips dont dry out...I dab the lipstick onto my lips (very little product) and then smudge it with my fingers...it gives a very natural look...and you can build up the product for parties or events! It's an extremely pretty lip color and I would strongly recommend for all skin tones :-)) It can give you a natural look as well as a glamorous look!

on 11/17/2010 9:59:00 PM

This is a beautiful matte red. Very dramatic and a favorite of mine. The make up artist told me that this is the Red that Maddonna wears. Stays on well too.

on 11/16/2010 8:40:00 PM

The truest red that lasts all day. I have been wearing this color for years. It's great!

on 11/15/2010 9:41:00 PM

What I like about this lipstick and MAC's matte lipsticks in general is the absence of that waxy smell and taste many highly pigmented matte lipsticks have. This is about as pure red as lipstick can get

on 11/15/2010 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this color a couple of years ago. A friend of mine from Brazil goes easy on the eye makeup, but always wears a bright/true red lipstick. I've never seen her wear anything else. Red is such a classic color. That's just how she looks even when she's going casual she looks so classy. My mother wouldn't wear anything else either. So, I stopped at the MAC counter and I can't recall if I picked this color out or the MU did. It has taken me a while to get used to the impact of how I look. I definitely get a lot of male attention whenever I put this color on. My biggest complaint is that it leaves my lips very dry. I've tried putting on balm first and it helps, but not enough. If I put on a neutral/clear gloss so I don't change the color, then I have red migrating all over the place.

I wish they would make it more moisturizing. Compared to NARS, Guerlain, Givenchy, and Dior, MAC is downright cheap.

on 11/10/2010 8:31:00 AM

LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE this red colour! Its not quite a in your face red or a dark red but somewhat in between! The colour complements my skin tone perfectly, it stays on really well and the consistancy is perfect!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been wearing Russian Red for a LONG time... its the perfect, fun red and definitely makes me feel more confident. My first MAC lipstick purchase was Liza Red, which is when my love affair with MAC began lol. Unfortunately, I went to MAC after a while ISO Liza Red and the MUA looked at me like I was crazy when I said "Hey do you still carry Liza Red"? Fortunately she suggested this one. I dont use a MAC liner with it, I used to use Red Enriched cremestick liner but now I just use a straight red lip liner from Sally's. Works perfect for me. It is a matte, which I love, although its a tad on the dry side and unfortunately my lips get dry on the regular. Always remember that lip balm! :) Overall, great red, one tube will last you a while, maybe less if you're like me and wear red lipstick almost every day but its definitely worth the money-its truly pigmented, flattering on many skin tones and hello-it lasts a good while without fading. No one likes the look of smeared lipstick, unless thats the look you're going for, lol.

on 10/31/2010 3:44:00 AM

This is the quintessential perfect red that every woman should own. I have always been a fan of red lipstick, but have never actually had the confidence to wear it until I came across this.

It applies smoothly and evenly and not at all drying. I do use a good lipbalm prior to application though. It is quite long-lasting, but works better with a liner to prevent any bleeding. I love that the color remains true and does not fade or change in appearance after a few hours.
Works well on both myself (late 20s), my mom (early 50s) and grandma (83!!!)

on 10/27/2010 5:42:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This color should be in everybody's makeup bag! I have yet to find someone that it doesn't flatter, plus it's very flexible and comfortable for long days. I frequently use it when doing retro looks, both on myself and others. To help prevent feathering, I use MAC's lip pencil in "Cherry" to do a base, per Fatima T.'s recommendation!

The price is unbeatable at $14.50/tube, but it also qualifies as your free product as part of Back2MAC, if you visit a store or counter. I don't use it daily, but I use a tube every 10 months or so.

on 10/23/2010 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i love love love this product. just bought it today and i have olive skin. the lady said it suits almost everyone and i can see why. definitely a new staple!

Popular Lipsticks