MAC Russian Red

4.6

on 12/9/2010 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

very pretty cool toned red lipstick. so very pretty , i love it very intense as well

on 11/30/2010 10:24:00 PM

The color and finish look great, but it is too dry. It feels like a Crayola crayon.

on 11/29/2010 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

MAC's Russian Red is a really good classic red for me. It has a good matte texture and can be worn dabbed on for a dash of colour or built up to be a really beautiful red.

on 11/26/2010 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the perfect matte red lipstick. It is my number 1. I'm always asked what color and brand it is by strangers, seriously multiple times a day. It is the best texture for a matte lipstick, a barely there feeling. Light smell (vanillaish) if any at all. I wear it with Mac CHERRY and/or VINO lipliner, depending on the result i want. My family and friends always comment on how my lipstick never comes off, it always stays in place, even after eating. The secret is the formula of the lipstick + application. Mac Matte lipsticks are the best in my opinion. Application: I put foundation on my lips,line my lips, the apply the lipstick, next i re-line my lips. I like to use CHERRY 1st, apply RUSSIAN RED, then line again with VINO to add depth around the top, bottom and corner edges, it gives a fuller look to my lips.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my fav. matte-red lipstick ever . I've been wearing Russian Red since a long time ago (like 7 years or more!) and as well, lasts all day!If you like the red lipsticks... you will love this one :)

on 11/20/2010 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I guess I'm different than other reviewers in that I've always loved red lipstick, or actually lipstick in general. I actually went to the MAC counter with the intention of finding the shade Dubonnet but it was nowhere to be found. I tried out 2 brighter reds and found I liked this one. I know some people don't like matte but I tend to hate any moisturizing lipsticks since they tend to be gloss like so I don't mind the texture that much. I wear this with a light amount of lipbalm and line the lips with liner before putting it on since it stays a lot better with liner. Being a pale brunette, I can definitely say this color isn't clown-like on me like other reds I've tried that just looked really unfortunate.

on 11/20/2010 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Never thought I'd be a fan of red lipstick -- if you read through the reviews of Russian Red, you'll see a lot of us say that. That's because this lipstick will make you a convert! I got this through Back2MAC so I figured if I hated it at least it was free. Luckily I loved it! I had read in Glamour or somewhere that this was the perfect true red for every skin tone. I don't really follow advice from mags on brands anymore (product placement boo) but I'm so glad it stuck in my head and I gave it a try! I'm still too scared to wear this too often but it is really pretty and can be as sheer as you want it to be when you use a lip brush. Definitely recommend it. :)

NW20 for reference.

on 11/20/2010 5:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is the first lipstick i have ever purchased... There was a promotional offer going on in my city where I had to give in 6 empty containers of MAC and I'd b given a MAC lipstick for free! It's the back to mac offer....so I thought of getting the russian red since i have heard soooo much about it :) I always wanted to get a red lip color in matte and everyone suggested me this color... It's super gorgeous :) I wishhhh I had bought this years ago ;) It's a beautiful red color and you can wear it everyday...but it's very important to know the application technique!! I have worn it twice so far and its flawless....I usually wear a moisturizer underneath so that my lips dont dry out...I dab the lipstick onto my lips (very little product) and then smudge it with my fingers...it gives a very natural look...and you can build up the product for parties or events! It's an extremely pretty lip color and I would strongly recommend for all skin tones :-)) It can give you a natural look as well as a glamorous look!

on 11/17/2010 9:59:00 PM

This is a beautiful matte red. Very dramatic and a favorite of mine. The make up artist told me that this is the Red that Maddonna wears. Stays on well too.

on 11/16/2010 8:40:00 PM

The truest red that lasts all day. I have been wearing this color for years. It's great!

Popular Lipsticks