July 22, 2014 | 2368 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

NC35 here.

There is a reason why this color has been around for at least 15+ years. It's the perfect true bright red, neither too blue or too orange for me. Madonna made it famous by wearing it on the cover of, um, Vanity Fair (I believe) back in the early 1990s. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by purpletiger79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my *red* lipstick. I love the color - very dark rich red with blue undertones - I cannot do yellow or orange undertones. I use it with MAC Cherry lip pencil and it is perfect. Russian Red lip gloss over it makes it moist, if it looks too dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by reisin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a gorgeous color that would probably suit most people but for me, it looked terrible. I don't like the MAC matte finish anyway, and found that it was too blue-based.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by calledit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love red lipsticks/glosses and so of course i'm naturally inclined to dig russian red. it's a very nice true red shade that is, for a red, very versatile. the only downfall is the matte finish, i find mac's matte lipsticks to be extremely drying and often end up looking chalky when applied unless you've already got lips that are in decent shape and use a top notch balm underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by xPINKBEARx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG red lipstick! I love this, so creamy the perfect red shade for my NW15/20. It has great staying power, even when it fades it leaves a wonderful stain on your lips, but is easily removed with makeup remover wipes. I will never buy another red lippy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My first Red Lipstick Purchase. Love Love Love it! im not a listick person at all but i fell in love with Russian Red!! i tried it one morning before work (my husband and i own and operate a landscaping buisness) i know, red lipstick for landscaping! i expected it to wear off before work, but it lasted all day!! everyone kept asking me why i was wearing red lipstick while cutting lawns! it lasted through 7 hours of intense south florida heat, humidity, and sunshine, and it even stayed on through a greasy italian lunch! very impressed!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by trapezer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great coverage, beautiful color in the tube, NOT good on cool-toned skin. It makes my lips look orange and skintone sallow. My best rec is MAC Redwood (poorly named and now d/c - a cool-toned vibrant red) or even NYC Sheer Red. It is so hard for me to find a lippie in a creamy (non-shimmery), bold red that is not totally warm to neutral based. Let me know if you find one, please :) I would love to wear this color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great red lipstick super super pigmented. Def would repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by kitnkabootle

This is hands down, my favorite red lipstick.

This is a MUST have for every woman that wants stunning red lips that won't clash with skin tone.

I've used this on models with dark skin all the way to chalk white in varying undertones and have never had it look bad.

Beautiful - perfect. I always keep 3 tubes of this in my kit and one in my personal makeup. I am always panicked that it will be discontinued, so I'm forever stock piling it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

Best shade of red....EVER. I'm asian with light-medium skin, yellow undertones. This looks beautiful and classic without looking cheap. The matte finish helps it to stay on the lips and not drift or migrate. I don't even use a liner with it.