Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

I bought this in buff and the first time I really liked it, it went on well and covered well, also. The second time I bought it it turned out to be too light and it was very runny, I thought it was just the few first applications but it still is, quite unlike the first bottle I had. If there's one thing I don't like, it's runny foundation, which is why I would give it a 2, but I do feel that it deserves a bit higher because it did seem to help blemishes.

on 9/28/2009 11:29:00 AM

Can't remember WHY I stopped using this product a while back but I have returned and am kicking myself for all of the money wasted on other products. Great price for an excellent foundation that does not make my skin break out. It provides light to medium coverage, so if you are looking for better covering up of acne this is not the product for you. However if you are like me and you experience a little break outs, this is a good choice because it controls said problems and covers up nicely.

on 9/18/2009 6:23:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

i would say this foundation is average, it's not the worse but i'm definitely not raving about it. i wish it would have better coverage because i really need that cuz of acne. i feel like it really dries out my face and looks a bit cakey.
as a few others have said, this was my first almay product and bought it because the idea behind it, what it said on package fit exactly what i was looking for. probably wouldn't buy again because i have the hope of finding something better but if all else fails this isn't horrible.

on 9/17/2009 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This foundation will not cover acne scars.

on 9/17/2009 3:25:00 AM

I was a bit skeptic towards this producteven after reading most of the rave reviews here. But surprise, surprise, I still bought it.

All I can say is this foundation has a very high chance of being my new found holy grail.

It feels amazing, like you have no make up on - looks natural and doll like at the same time and keeps oil away. I'm very happy with this.

This is a great foundation for people with acne prone skin. The coverage is pretty good too. My only complaint is that it's a bit too thick to use on my entire face. And I'm curious but what does everyone use to apply it on their face? I use a sponge, and it kind of makes my face look cakey...so I use it only on my acne prone areas, kind of as a concealer. I use ivory by the way. Anyway, this doesn't break my out at all like other foundations and I recommend it!!

EDIT:
I kind of changed my mind on this product.
When you use it too often on your acne prone areas(in my case, my chin), it will make it sooo flakey and really obvious that I'm wearing makeup. I don't use this anymore because I don't want my skin looking flakey like that. I switched to a powder foundation.

on 9/15/2009 11:43:00 AM

I LOVEEE this foundation, I'm actually so impressed with it! I've never tried any almay product, but I liked the idea behind this one so I decided to try it. And I have to say, I like this foundation more than high end brands I've had (ex. MUFE matte velvet) the coverage of this foundation is amazing, yet natural, while MUFE's matte velvet just sits on the skin making it look super obvious and unnatural. But this foundation blends into the skin and makes my skin look pretty amazing - and trust me thats never how I describe my skin. it stays on really well, and I'm again incredibly impressed with the colour match! and as far as actually fighting acne, I find that it actually DOES kindof control my acne.. like if I have a spot coming in, you know how by the end of the day it will come to a head and look super gross? with this I find it makes the pimple much smaller and less obvious.. I'm serious! oh and the product is runny enough that it comes out of the bottle easily; hope this helps :) feel free to message me if you have questions!

on 8/25/2009 7:26:00 PM

I love this foundation! I've been looking for make-up that's not going to make my face all shiny, run off half-way through the day or aggravate my acne-prone skin and this really delivers. I've got the 'nude' shade and it's perfect for my skin. love!

on 8/9/2009 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I searched makeupalley for 2 days reading all reviews on foundation for oily acne-prone skin and this is what I decided to try and I'm glad I did. Neutral 220 suits me perfectly, goes on smooth and helps with shine. I'm very happy with my purchase and recommend to others as well.

on 7/14/2009 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a 16 year old girl with oily skin and used to be a victim of red, bumpy breakouts that led me to get a doctor's prescription for a specific cleanser and Duac and Differin gels. After a few months, my breakouts were gone, but I still have acne scars and oily skin. I don't need heavy concealer, just something to mattify and give a little extra coverage. I love this foundation because it does just that. It doesn't necessarily keep my face looking matte, but it makes it look a lot smoother and dewy rather than oily. In addition, "Sand" matches my warm Asian complexion perfectly. Another thing I found that works is to put a little clear gel cleanser into the foundation and mix it up. It will prevent oil slicks and also make the foundation a little runnier if you want to thin it out (however, the texture is really good, so you probably don't need to do that). I completely recommend this product. It looks like a tiny bottle, but I got it in the middle of March, and I still have quite a bit left, and I think I'll finish it by the end of August or so. I completely recommend this as a light coverage foundation for people with oily skin. If you have a lot of acne, I'm not sure if this is what you need - however, I would suggest using a stick concealer from Almay or Maybelline if you want heavy coverage. Hopefully, this helps you make your decision on whether or not you want to purchase this product!