Noxzema Original Skin Cream

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide (end)///// (ORIGINAL DEEP CLEANSING CREAM INGREDIENTS: 4/9/15): Water, Stearic Acid, Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Linseed), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Gelatin, Camphor, Phenol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Calcium Hydroxide, Menthol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance.

on 5/20/2009 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this after using the Noxzema Deep Lathering cleanser for over a year, loving it, and not being able to find it. My skin is dry yet break out prone. This is making my break out, will not even finish this, let alone re-purchase.

on 4/30/2009 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the first product that touches my face every morning. It's an oldie, but a goodie! I have combination skin (dry in some areas due to mild eczema, and oily most everywhere else). This makes my face feel super clean, and I actually think it helps keep eczema at bay. The packaging is genius, too! Since it's in a plastic jar, you can get every last bit of it out without worry. Plus, the jar is totally recyclable!! Love this product!

Noxzema literally clears my sinuses. Nuff said.

on 4/21/2009 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I avoided this product for years because of the bad review given by Paula Begoun. I tried it on a whim, and I really like it! At first the smell was unappealing, but it grows on you. At least it smells real, not a fake perfumy scent. It smells like a product with eucalyptus oil in it should smell. It cleans well and helped balance my skin and heal up some dry flakey patches. I massage it in, leave it on for a minute or so, then use a washcloth to remove. Great stuff!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

I like this cleanser, because it is a very basic deep cleansing cream that, I like to use on days when I'm wearing very little or no makeup at all. I feel it cleans very effectively with the menthol feeling being a plus, and I think it's fun to apply.

What I like to do is apply it to my face and neck in a circular motion and rub it in for a few seconds, then rinse it off. This gets 3 lippies, b/c as I mentioned before, it's just a basic deep-cleansing cream with no real acne fighting, or makeup removal properties.

on 4/10/2009 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Well, I've used this on and off since I hit puberty (I'm 26.) When I was younger, I felt that it cleaned my skin pretty well, but that was about all it did. On my most recent try, I noticed that after a few days I would break out in little whiteheads on my cheekbones. I stopped using this and they went away.

I definitely prefer that pump to the jar because I used to use this in the shower and who wants their cleanser full of bacteria-laced shower water!? Anyway, because of the breakouts I won't repurchase.

on 4/10/2009 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Alright, first the bad: this product contains way too many harmful ingredients which have been linked to cancer, neurotoxicity, reproductive toxicity, and some ingredients prohibited for use in the EU, Canada, or the US. It's rated as an 8/10 on the hazard scale over at the cosmetic database, which makes it a high hazard product. However, in terms of effectiveness as a cleanser, I really like it. After using it my face feels clean, tight, and fresh. The smell of camphor and menthol is really great. This product has been in production for over 60 years, and a lot of people swear by it. This product did not irritate my skin or leave it overly dry. I think it is great for normal/combination skin. It won't treat any acne/dark spots, but will do what it promises: DEEP CLEAN. Having said that, I really want to find a natural, safe, and effective cleanser! :(

on 3/28/2009 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

this stuff is gross, Gross, GROSS and i cant believe they are still making it. yuck. and i agree with cinnabuns' review.
i mean seriously are you sure you wanna use this??
ingredients:
Water,
Stearic Acid- waxy, saturated fatty acid (think butter), found in cocoa
Linseed Oil
Soybean Oil- comedogenic and irritating
Fragrance- irritating
Ammonium Hydroxide- speaks for itself
Camphor- irritant
Menthol - irritant
Eucalyptus Oil- ok for extremely oily skin, but irritant
Propylene Glycol
Gelatin,
Calcium Hydroxide - LIME!!! or quicklime *not the fruit!!

bought this in the pump container and it seemed watery... then my face started to break out :(

on 3/22/2009 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the Noxzema Deep Cleansing Cream for Normal/Dry Skin Plus Moisturizers. The tub reads "Noxzema Plus...that Noxzema deep clean with added moisturizers. For clean, healthy-looking skin, use Noxzema every time you wash. Noxzema Plus gives you that trusted Noxzema deep clean with added moisturizers to condition skin. You can feel Noxzema working as it removes dirt, oil and makeup without overdrying. The water-based formula with camphor, menthol and eucalyptus tingles and refreshes skin, leaving it feeling clean, soft and smooth."

PROS: Tingly feel.
CONS: Tingly feel. Menthol smell. As product gets lower, it will be more difficult to get out of the tub container. Leaves an oily residue that sits on top of the skin, doesn't feel moisturizing (while the first ingredient is water, many of the ingredients are oils). My face does not feel clean after washing (although it hasn't given me any breakouts, but that's probably b/c of the Accutane I'm on!).

I got this on clearance, so I might just end up throwing it away. I'll try and use it though, maybe only at night (and Cetaphil in the morning). It says for Normal/Dry skin and my skin is super dry right now, but it doesn't really moisturize... Would nor recommend for Normal skin.