October 24, 2014 | 976 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I read a review of a lady who basically uses this product for everything except brushing her teeth. I had bought it for my boyfriend so he could wash his face but skip moisturizers that usually cause him to break out/get irritated it. But I had to try it for myself.
I love using it on my face, especially after a long run or working out. Kills all the grime on me and feels SO refereshing.
Amazing on my hands, cuticles and feet (I'm not using the same bottle for all these uses haha).
I love it on my lips. Keeps them exfoliated and moisturized. Also amazing under lipstick!! Put some on, rub it it and let it soak in (this may take a minute). Then lipstick, and you're set!
This stuff is great! But like some others have said, keep away from your eyes it burns!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Shannonjc1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff broke my face out horribly, and did not clean it at all. I had to go back and re-wash my face with my other cleanser afterwards. It does have a nice clean scent and it feels nice on the skin, but thats about it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by vintagequeengf1

This is a great cleanser to always have on hand. I love the way it leaves my face tingly and fresh feeling, though sometimes it feels like it leaves an almost waxy coating behind (?). I haven't noticed any effect on my blemishes, good or bad, but it definitely removes makeup well and makes my skin feel clean. I use other cleansers for morning and night, but this is still a great product that I return to every once and awhile. Plus, you can't beat the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by TG83

This is great for sunburns. A few years ago my sister was hospitalized because she was attempting to tan her very white ass. This is the only thing that calmed down her very red skin.
It is cooling, non-comedogenic and leaves you moisturized. It does leave a little film so I cannot use it in the summertime.
Beware: Keep away from eyes. It burns like a mofo!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by badazzbarbi

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! I remember using this about 3 years ago.. And i just bought a mini jar of this a couple days ago.. The smell is kind of a weird mediciney smell, not like any other face wash ive smelt before.. But omg this stuff leaves my skin feeling soft as ever, not greasy as all and definitly not tight and usually after I wash my face my face feels tight.. not with this stuff! I love it!!! I would recommend washing your hands every single time you use this though since it is in a jar, you dont want bacteria in there..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Gardenia24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

have to love noxzema's classic!! treats my skin better than anything else, save for neutrogena's deep clean. gets rid of the dirt and oil and leaves my skin just right. and the price can't be beat!! though i do wish the texture were a bit creamier...sometimes having to dig it out of the jar while in the shower is a little annoying. regardless, i will always keep this around!!

pros: really, truly deep cleans...and, as said before, great for sunburns or hot skin...i use it after waxing or plucking my brows...cools things down and prevents reactive acne, for me at least.
cons: packaging can be cumbersome, wish for a creamier texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Becks14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product since I was 13 and I used it because my sisters and mom did and their skin looked great. In the summer put it in the fridge for a little while then use it- nice and cooling! Also great for sunburns. It burns a little if I leave it on too long but...that just means it's a deep-down clean, right? :-) I'd recommend it to any one, male or female, and especially teenagers who want something inexpensive and effective.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by rebeccacribb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this product occassionally mostly as a shave cream or for sunburn in summer. I don't use it on my face simply because I have very reactive skin and the fragrance and menthol seems to irritate it. I use Pears soap or Nonie of Beverly Hills cleanser.

I disagree with missnat's review below, calcium hydroxide is a lime as opposed to a lye, but both are very strong alkalis and lime is actually used to produce lye. Also, camphor and eucalyptus globulus leaf oils both contain phenols. For those who are interested, propylene glycol is essentially radiator coolant. Now I am not here to say if these ingredients are good or bad for skin, but the reviewer who stated that lye and phenol are contained in this product was not telling a lie.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Alot of people have used this in my family over the years so I've used it on and off quite a few times- but after not having used it for a few years, I had to use it a few months ago when I forgot to bring my face wash into the shower and decided to use my moms Noxema. While I love the tingling sensation, my face just doesn't feel clean from this, but I think I have an issue with things that don't like foam up, I need that to feel clean. I have really really oily skin and clogged pores so I have alot of mental anxiety about it and I can't stand things that don't make my face feel clean like the soap is getting all of the oil off..Like I said, love the smell and the tingly, but it just doesn't clean well enough for me and I'm suprised it's still so popular- though my mom loves it. i prefer soaps that come in a bar but I don't know why lol I also hate the jar it comes in, it's just a pain and I don't like the version that comes in a pump either.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Kairin

67% would repurchase?! Y'all got SOME NERVE. This is the utmost BEST PRODUCT OUT THERE.
My grandfather was the first to use this product. My mother got it from him and recommended it for me for my acne and scars. I used it once. God's gift for my acne and scars. Not one line or bump on my face. Didn't use makeup at all. My mother and grandfather look SO MUCH YOUNGER and BEAUTIFUL than others their age. I used it and had flawless skin. I broke out when I became a FOOL and experimented with other products leading to the need to wear makeup in my Junior year of high school. Now that I went back to my love: my face is healing wonderfully. It's true: mother always knows best.

Refreshing, smooth, deep cleansing, flawless feel of the skin. Is not for artificial skin by those other unhealthy cleansers. Only skin that yearns to become NATURAL.

WOULD REPURCHASE IN A HEART BEAT OR LESS! Fantastic product if you crave that natural, beautiful skin without makeup. Fantastic. Worked for me and my family and never failed. Not enough characters to praise this product. LOVE IT!!! :-D

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No