MAC Lipglass in clear

3.8

hydrogenated polyisobutene, simmondsia chinesis (jojoba) seed oil, octyldodecanol, copernica cerifera (carnauba) wax, tocopheryl acetate, silica, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, calcium sodium borosilicate, alumina, tin oxide, vanillin, phenoxyethanol

on 3/16/2004 6:04:00 PM

After searching a bit for the "perfect" CLEAR lip gloss, I settled on MAC lipglass -- for its squeeze tube packaging,its versatility, and its lack of fragrance. I squeeze a small amount of this and put a dollop on my bottom lip (on top of lipstick) and voila! A beautiful, shiny, pouty mouth. IT IS STICKY-er than I would like, and thus do not use it often enough to buy another (doubt I'll run out of it). Still, good marks for packaging and lasting shine.

on 3/15/2004 5:38:00 AM

This thing is just horrible. It's so sticky that I thought my lips would stick together. I felt so uncomfortable when I had it on (hence unattractive). And that nasty-glassy-shine look just doesn't work for me.

on 3/13/2004 11:10:00 PM

this was my very first MAC product purchased. i've had some "iffy" reviews of it because of its stickyness, but when i bought it and tried it, it wasn't THAT bad. i wouldn't use it on "windy" if your hair isn't up...can get messy. typical MAC package and i like their packaging! so sophisticated :]

on 3/12/2004 5:17:00 PM

It does give that "glassy" shine- BUT is way to sticky & uncomfortable for me- I love Lips that SHINE- so I found a MUCH,MUCH better alternative to MAC LG- Elizabeth Arden has The same Divine result-great spearment taste-Dazzling glass shine-MINUS the sticky-Icky-"Rip your hair out"when it gets caught- Look
-I've been so Happy w/ Elizabeth Arden Clear Gloss for over a Year, & just heard that the Make-up Artist for 'Sex & the City' used this on all the Gals- that's probably why their Lips and HAIR Looked Great!

on 3/12/2004 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

When MAC came out with the clear lipglass everyone had it so ofcourse I had to go out and get it. Needless to say I was impressed with the shine and staying power but the stickiness really wasn't comfortable. Fastforward 6 years, it's collecting dust in my drawer simply because I can't wear it everyday as a clear gloss. It is so sticky that I need to prep my lips and apply it carefully so I sometimes I use it when going out but I have found better alternatives such as Elizabeth Arden Crystal Clear which a lot more comfortable and the packaging is better, doesn't leak out. So get the clear lipglass if you must but remember you won't be able to use it a lot.

on 2/29/2004 5:20:00 AM

they don't call it lipGLASS for nothin'!

on 2/28/2004 2:48:00 PM

This is a pretty pricey clear gloss, but it does seem to last forever. I've had mine for a LONG time! It just takes a little dab. I don't like how it feels like glue, though. If I get it on my hands it's hard to get off. If I try to wipe it off with a tissue (which I don't anymore), I get little pieces of lint all over my lips! It really has some staying power. But, I don't think it's a good daywear gloss. I only use it when I know I'm not going to be in the wind or have my hair in my face, like when I'm at a bar, club, or party just sitting and relaxing. It's best for evening use.

UPDATE: Do NOT waste your money on this!! I, like many of you, have found N.Y.C. Kiss Gloss in Cool Mint. It's not exaclty like MAC Lipglass because it's BETTER! That's right, and over 1/4 the price (less than $3.00, US). MAC doesn't smell, this has a nice mint scent; plus, it's not as sticky feeling and annoying as MAC, but has GREAT staying power. If you're thinking of getting MAC, get this, instead! I PROMISE you, it's SO much better and cheaper. PLUS, it has a slanted tube, as opposed to MAC's rounded tube. You'll LOVE it! Superglossy lips - Beautiful!

on 2/27/2004 5:37:00 PM

I really like this lip glass, you can put it over any lipstick and have that high glossy look. It makes your lips look like a shiny plastic! It's very sticky, but that's not unusual for high glosses like these. I'd definitely repurchase again.

on 2/26/2004 7:02:00 AM

it's just a plain ol clear lip gloss for an outrageous price. You can find this for much cheaper somewhere else. I love mac products, and im the biggest fan, but i would rather buy their tinted lipglass than the clear one, because it's just a waste of money. I have a whole bunch of tinted lipglass and i love it

on 2/25/2004 5:35:00 PM

Staple, Staple, Staple - even if I have to pull my stray hairs off my lips! I like the lipglasses because of the goopy formula - stays on a long time without reapplication.

Popular Lip Glosses