November 27, 2014 | 1210 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm using this more as a mask rather than a cleanser. I've been suffering from horrendous breakouts from Skinceuticals Retinol product (Stopped it, got way worse). I visited a Derm recently and she gave me Differin gel and Clindgel and told me to wash with a BP wash of less than 5%. Without having to buy proactive, I figured I'd give this a shot. My pores were tight, my face felt so clean and fresh afterward.

BP will irritate ees, so keep it away from your mucous membranes

Pros- Deep cleans the pores, makes them tighter, clean and fresh feeling. Nice cooling menthol. Cheaper than proactiv and easier to find.

Cons- Hard to wash off. Really hard. So I suggest doing the mask before you shower, let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes and rinse off with the aid of a washcloth. It can irritate the eyes and make you red if you use excessively. So be careful.

I am using a gentle cleanser (Neoceuticals Triclosan Antibacterial wash) first. It gets off my makeup and even sensitive skin can use it. Then I do the mask, leave on about 5 minutes, rinse in shower. My acne cleared very fast using this with Differin every other night.

BP Washes have been shown to be just as effective as leave on BP products without the irritation. It doesn't take but 5 minutes for it to penetrate your skin and give you some antibacterial protection.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2008 7:52:00 AM More reviews by monica4xx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not my favourite product out there, but i don't hate it. My skin had that new feel to it after but it hardly lasted. My acne reddened slightly and i didn't feel as if my pores were unclogged. not a great product as far as Neutrogena goes. disappointing, i won't be buying again

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by angela_cheung11

Not sure whether this is the product I used because I couldnt find the one i was looking for, but i think in Australia this is called Skin Clearing cleanser/mask.
I loved the scent and menthol in this cleanser, left my skin cool and refreshed. Didn't clear up my acne though.
Good as a cleanser, good as a mask. Felt like pretty much the same thing.
I loved this product and I wish i could use it but i can't because of my acne, so i won't be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this product for a mask and was happy that I could use it as a cleanser too. I like it better as a mask; you put it on & you start to feel it tingle & when you wash it off it feels all nice, tingly, and clean. When I used to as a facewash (I was my face 2 times a day), it seemed to make my face a little drier than usual. I think it did more for my acne when used as a mask, but overall its still a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by suzzel

It's better than a lot of much more expensive masks out there.
I'd only recommend it to someone who rarely breaks out, doesn't use BP on a regular basis, and just uses it as an occasional mask when the skin is very oily after cleaning the house or right before their period.

Quite drying, slightly irritating cleanser, which is a bad idea if you actually have acne and are using a benzoyl peroxide gel daily (a lot more efficient than just using a cleanser containing one). You will flake from the BP and only want to use a very mild cleanser, since you can't "lift" the oil that is clogging your pores with a mask, unfortunately...
I'm also getting sick of products for oily skin that contain menthol to give the tingling, "refreshing" feeling... does menthol actually do anything for oily skin? I don't believe so.
With that said, as face masks for oily/combo skin go, this one is affordable, mattifies well and can probably help prevent the occasional break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by lovestosmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hello all! I use this product almost daily. I am a bath taker/soaker. I soak four aspirin (walmart brand) and mix it with a 1/2 teaspoon of this mask/cleanser and let it sit while I catch up on my "trash" mags. After ten or fifteen minutes I rinse. Viola, good to go! No need for any other product before bed. I read that BP even for a few minutes does the necessary job of bacteria removal. Just wash and moisturize in A.M. I do not use it to remove my makeup (purpose bar). This and mineral makeup(Everday Minerals) have cleared up my hormonal skin. YAH!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by watoto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Been waiting a few weeks to review, and the verdict is in-- it's great! Haven't had 1 blemish the whole time I've been using this. I'm surprised, since the BP is supposedly washed off so quickly that it shouldn't have time to work, but something seems to. It is tingly, and the first time I used as a mask, my face was red and a bit "hot", but it works so well. I use every night as a cleanser and 2 to 3 times a week as mask. Hasn't really helped blackheads, but neither does my BHA product (Neutrogena 3 in 1 Stress Control), but together they've helped my face look as good as it ever has. No miracles, but I'm happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2008 9:55:00 AM More reviews by GreenEyes85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the few Neutrogena products I will continue to buy. I only use this in the shower, because it is quite thick and difficult to rinse off. Once a week or once every two weeks, on days that I do not use my 2% BHA gel, I put this on in the shower like a mask, and rinse after a few minutes. I like the cool, tingly sensation, and it makes my skin feel soooo smooth. I don't like using it out of the shower as a mask because it's on for a long time and tends to make my skin red. I have used this as a cleanser and it is great at removing make-up, but I prefer my Skin Balancing Cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 1:47:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've changed my mind about this product so many darn times. I gave it a glowing review, only to then knock it down to now giving it yet another review. Here's the thing with this...you have to be very careful. Period. It's drying but it works. I figured that I can absolutely under no circumstances use this as a mask because it will literally leave a chemical burn on my face. This is best used 3-4 times a week, as a cleanser only. I wish this didn't have that menthol/chalky thing going on...I think thats the reason why it doesn't work for me sometimes gives those annoying side effects.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

I've used this product as both a mask and a cleanser.

This product is a little harsh for my sensitive skin. My face tingles the entire time the product is on my skin, and when I use it as a mask, my skin is red afterwards. I did not notice any improvement in my skin.