July 29, 2014 | 2000 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2005 2:44:00 PM More reviews by alleycat_777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

You have to be really careful during application..Be sure to remove the excess, and apply only once or twice, no more than that or it'll start to clump. But with careful application (and provided I don't cry or it doesn't rain) this is quite a baby. It doesn't flake, and I love the volumizing effect. It made my lashes look fat and full. And it curls so beautifully..Pity about the smudging part though.. It smudges too easily ..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2005 2:49:00 AM More reviews by hersheykiss1313

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Terrible mascara. So clumpy, not worth the money. I am baffled how drugstore mascaras like Maybelline remain excellent while this is the worst mascara in history.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2005 9:01:00 PM More reviews by glueme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Alright, so I've used about 9 tubes of this GWP size, and it's still my favourite FAVOURITE mascara. I have the typical tiny, wimpy, short asian eyelashes and one coat of this stuff is like wearing long falsies! It's amazing. I don't even need to wear eyeliner with this. Some people complain about the clumping, but I've never had a problem--I just am very careful and slow about my application. It does end to flake a little bit, but it's better than smudging! I love this so much and I keep getting GWP as presents, but I sitll have to decide whether I want to splurge on a regular sized tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2005 7:57:00 AM More reviews by danilynn17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I sell a lot of products on ebay, and the GWP sized of these sell like hotcakes. So I figured what the heck, i'll give it a try myself, I needed some new mascara. I agree with everyone who complained that it clumps! First time putting it on, brand new fresh tube, and it clumps. Yuck! Also I'm not a fan of the design of the wand, though i'm not sure if it's different in the full size. I found the brush part of it to be really long and I had to watch not to bump myself when applying it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2005 7:22:00 PM More reviews by amarock

Received this item as GWP and although it has some good qualities, overall, it's not worth the price. I found it did have good stay power and it did lengthen my lashes significantly. However, it made my lashes clump together and took a long time to dry, and it tended to flake throughout the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2005 1:20:00 PM More reviews by LDinNH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

All right Estee Lauder... the jig is up! Having a mascara that takes all your lashes and clumps them together does not a thickening mascara make!

This mascara is so not worth the price. I would expect this kind of performance from a cheap cosmetics company. If I had paid $1.99 for this mascara then I might not be so disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2005 6:15:00 PM More reviews by neene

I tried a couple of GWP tubes of this and I was not impressed at all. Good deep black colour and good staying power, but I did not notice any maximum volume, it takes a lot of coats and work to achieve dramatic lashes.

I do not think this is worth its price, there are some better drugstore mascaras for half the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2005 1:57:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't like this at all. It is nothing to write home about. I didn't get any volume with this. Skip it!! I swear, CoverGirl Thicklash works better than this for about 1/4 the price! If you've already found a mascara you like, don't bother trying this one.
If you want a decent EL mascara, More Than Mascara is much better than this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2005 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Kitty_Glamourcat

I hate this mascara with a passion! I think it is the worst mascara I have EVER used and I've tried an awful lot of them in my 35 years! All it does is clump lashes together, Tammy Faye Baker-like, it looks cheap and nasty on! I think it would be fine if you're going for that "woman on the night" sort of look! It also leaves lashes stiff and impossible to comb thru. I also don't like XL - I wish they would bring back my absolute fave Pure Velvet! I don't know why they replace a good thing with trash! I'm not one to buy drugstore mascaras, but once I left my mascara at home and went to the gym before work, so I had to purchase something cheap and nasty so got a Maybelline one, Volumous or something, and even this was better than Magnascopic!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2005 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Janine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really hate this. It clumps up my eyelashes and left me looking like a panda just after 2 hours. Someone please bring back my beloved Pure Velvet masacara *sobs*