January 27, 2015 | 1787 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2005 2:49:00 AM More reviews by hersheykiss1313

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Terrible mascara. So clumpy, not worth the money. I am baffled how drugstore mascaras like Maybelline remain excellent while this is the worst mascara in history.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2005 9:01:00 PM More reviews by glueme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Alright, so I've used about 9 tubes of this GWP size, and it's still my favourite FAVOURITE mascara. I have the typical tiny, wimpy, short asian eyelashes and one coat of this stuff is like wearing long falsies! It's amazing. I don't even need to wear eyeliner with this. Some people complain about the clumping, but I've never had a problem--I just am very careful and slow about my application. It does end to flake a little bit, but it's better than smudging! I love this so much and I keep getting GWP as presents, but I sitll have to decide whether I want to splurge on a regular sized tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2005 7:57:00 AM More reviews by danilynn17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I sell a lot of products on ebay, and the GWP sized of these sell like hotcakes. So I figured what the heck, i'll give it a try myself, I needed some new mascara. I agree with everyone who complained that it clumps! First time putting it on, brand new fresh tube, and it clumps. Yuck! Also I'm not a fan of the design of the wand, though i'm not sure if it's different in the full size. I found the brush part of it to be really long and I had to watch not to bump myself when applying it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2005 7:22:00 PM More reviews by amarock

Received this item as GWP and although it has some good qualities, overall, it's not worth the price. I found it did have good stay power and it did lengthen my lashes significantly. However, it made my lashes clump together and took a long time to dry, and it tended to flake throughout the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2005 1:20:00 PM More reviews by LDinNH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

All right Estee Lauder... the jig is up! Having a mascara that takes all your lashes and clumps them together does not a thickening mascara make!

This mascara is so not worth the price. I would expect this kind of performance from a cheap cosmetics company. If I had paid $1.99 for this mascara then I might not be so disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2005 6:15:00 PM More reviews by neene

I tried a couple of GWP tubes of this and I was not impressed at all. Good deep black colour and good staying power, but I did not notice any maximum volume, it takes a lot of coats and work to achieve dramatic lashes.

I do not think this is worth its price, there are some better drugstore mascaras for half the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2005 1:57:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't like this at all. It is nothing to write home about. I didn't get any volume with this. Skip it!! I swear, CoverGirl Thicklash works better than this for about 1/4 the price! If you've already found a mascara you like, don't bother trying this one.
If you want a decent EL mascara, More Than Mascara is much better than this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2005 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Kitty_Glamourcat

I hate this mascara with a passion! I think it is the worst mascara I have EVER used and I've tried an awful lot of them in my 35 years! All it does is clump lashes together, Tammy Faye Baker-like, it looks cheap and nasty on! I think it would be fine if you're going for that "woman on the night" sort of look! It also leaves lashes stiff and impossible to comb thru. I also don't like XL - I wish they would bring back my absolute fave Pure Velvet! I don't know why they replace a good thing with trash! I'm not one to buy drugstore mascaras, but once I left my mascara at home and went to the gym before work, so I had to purchase something cheap and nasty so got a Maybelline one, Volumous or something, and even this was better than Magnascopic!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2005 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Janine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really hate this. It clumps up my eyelashes and left me looking like a panda just after 2 hours. Someone please bring back my beloved Pure Velvet masacara *sobs*

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2005 4:54:00 AM More reviews by knatasha2000

At first I raved about this mascara! It made my eyes looking great without using the eyeliner! I had a dramatic look with the curled long eyelashes and often got compliments! However, the tube that I currently use is not that great at all. My eyelashes are all glued up with each other, clumped, instead of having great accurate lashes I end up having 5-6 long fat lashes! I have to use the brush for lashes afterwards, but since the mascara dries fast the brush doesnt do a good job either. I will not buy this product again. Will probably go back to Maybelline curly one.