January 30, 2015 | 1734 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Eyerish444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this...unfortunately I was so disappointed. This product is so expensive and you can get a better look with cheaper products. I have really light skin and even though the color looked decent when it went on, by the time I left the house my face looked awful...yellow, blotchy, and it just sat on top of my face so it rubbed off sooo easily. Sorry Chanel lovers! Didn't impress me at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2007 5:47:00 AM More reviews by 1NTOXICATED

i have this product in 20 Clair and it's an almost perfect match to my asian skin during winter. I have oily skin with some flakes here and there and i hate matte finishes, so the SA told me to try this one. The coverage is nice and coverages the red blotches i sometimes have on my sensitive cheeks. Unfortunately, lighting tends to hit on my face at the worse spot, so i looked really oily on the cheek that is near the nose area. Everywhere else looked fab and dewy, not oily. Another thing is that I found the product a little bit sticky (not a huge problem cus i don't really touch my face anyways). I have to put powder on it, and that defeats the purpose of it creating a dewy finish :( I will continue to finish this bottle up (may take a long time!) during the winter season when i tend to get some dry areas. I will not be repurchasing but i could see this working out well for someone else!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by laura_ann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I Have this in #10 Limpide, and it is slightly too dark for me now that it is the middle of winter. I am a PPP blonde hair. The quality of this stuff is great, love the pump, my only gripe is that it is not full enough coverage for me. Next I am buying pro lumiere liquid with the hope that will be fuller coverage, or else I will return to my so far HG Lancome Teint Idole Ultra in #010.

Didnt break me out and I have extremely sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2007 11:55:00 AM More reviews by nutsformakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great pump. Love the texture of this foundation. I have dry skin and it works perfect for me. stayed on my face 'til I take it off and it looks natural with some dewy texture. I put it on after 1st applying a primer and no powder. Applied with a foundation brush. I just want a sheer/light coverage and this is perfect for me. I use it when I'm travelling too and haven't had any problems with any leaking. Doesn't leave any chalky effect and skin looks smooth nad hydrated. The bottle lasts forever! Highly recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by benefitjunkie

Okay, on first impressions this foundation is just gorgeous... sleek, stylish packaging, heavenly smell, glides on beautifully... BUT and this is a big BUT, that's because it's oily oily oily in consistency. It literally slips right off my face within hours. But then, I have combination skin which tends to get oily during the day, so perhaps this is better suited to dry/sensitive skin. For me, unfortunately, even powder top-ups every couple of hours couldn't counter the effects of this formula. The thing is, I bet it would create a stunningly dewy effect for some people... just a shame us combo/oily girls can't enjoy it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2007 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sw33t_lil_em

I really wanted to like this product and at first, I loved it. The color was great. I love the dewy look afterwards. However, I soon found out that it doesn't stay on your face for very long. In fact, it comes right off! Also, it looks terrible in pictures. It makes you look really, really shiny. Sorry, I will not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2007 10:16:00 AM More reviews by buffyismyhero

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

on to my 3rd or 5th bottle of Beige. love the pump dispenser, hygenic. but it's not great for travelling, which i do a lot of (ended up decanting into a small plastic bottle). I always use spf 15 minimum during the day or a moisturiser or primer before applying foundation as i have slightly dry to dry skin. never made me breakout (but then i've been lucky never to have such a bad reaction to a foundation). you can slap it on in a hurry and blends easily (i know, it's better to take yr time, but sometimes....) with my fingers. it doesn't cover my areas of slightly darker pigmentation, but the overall effect is excellent, ''natural'' looking and it seems to fade naturally too. sometimes use a powder (Nars) to set if have time and want it to last. wld recommend, though of course am still tempted to try new foundations.... (previous foundations have included bobbi brown rich foundation, ok, but no spf at all, various clinique ones but this is fave.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by littleleech

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great winter time foundation for me. I've found that it works best if I simply use some kind of a moisturizing toner (Shiseido / La Prairie) and makeup primer (Smashbox) underneath, it applies nicely and doesn't feel heavy at all despite the oil. If I go for the entire moisturizing routine that I typically do at night, my face feels sticky and greasy all day. Another plus for this product is that it doesn't break me out either - something many things tend to do. The only downside to this is that now that the weather is warming up, I will need to find something a little less hydrating.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by ThreeLeaves

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really want to like this one. The texture is lovely and the coverage, while sheer, makes my skin glow. The problem is that it's just too rich, even for my 40-plus skin. I will save it and try it again in cold weather. I had also tried the teint naturel and I have to say the Vitalumiere smells so much nicer, why can't they put that fragrance in the teint naturel?
UPDATE: It's now cold weather and I have been using this for the past few days with much better results. I use this with a concealer for things I really need to cover (circles under the eyes and a couple of little spots) and my face just glows.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 10:56:00 PM More reviews by tandt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have terribly dry skin and took recs of this foundation here on MUA.

For the past three weeks, I have been using it with success-- it has helped to further hydrate my skin.

It goes on very easily and seems to stay in place pretty well.