September 2, 2014 | 1998 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2007 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sw33t_lil_em

I really wanted to like this product and at first, I loved it. The color was great. I love the dewy look afterwards. However, I soon found out that it doesn't stay on your face for very long. In fact, it comes right off! Also, it looks terrible in pictures. It makes you look really, really shiny. Sorry, I will not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2007 10:16:00 AM More reviews by buffyismyhero

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

on to my 3rd or 5th bottle of Beige. love the pump dispenser, hygenic. but it's not great for travelling, which i do a lot of (ended up decanting into a small plastic bottle). I always use spf 15 minimum during the day or a moisturiser or primer before applying foundation as i have slightly dry to dry skin. never made me breakout (but then i've been lucky never to have such a bad reaction to a foundation). you can slap it on in a hurry and blends easily (i know, it's better to take yr time, but sometimes....) with my fingers. it doesn't cover my areas of slightly darker pigmentation, but the overall effect is excellent, ''natural'' looking and it seems to fade naturally too. sometimes use a powder (Nars) to set if have time and want it to last. wld recommend, though of course am still tempted to try new foundations.... (previous foundations have included bobbi brown rich foundation, ok, but no spf at all, various clinique ones but this is fave.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by littleleech

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great winter time foundation for me. I've found that it works best if I simply use some kind of a moisturizing toner (Shiseido / La Prairie) and makeup primer (Smashbox) underneath, it applies nicely and doesn't feel heavy at all despite the oil. If I go for the entire moisturizing routine that I typically do at night, my face feels sticky and greasy all day. Another plus for this product is that it doesn't break me out either - something many things tend to do. The only downside to this is that now that the weather is warming up, I will need to find something a little less hydrating.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by ThreeLeaves

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really want to like this one. The texture is lovely and the coverage, while sheer, makes my skin glow. The problem is that it's just too rich, even for my 40-plus skin. I will save it and try it again in cold weather. I had also tried the teint naturel and I have to say the Vitalumiere smells so much nicer, why can't they put that fragrance in the teint naturel?
UPDATE: It's now cold weather and I have been using this for the past few days with much better results. I use this with a concealer for things I really need to cover (circles under the eyes and a couple of little spots) and my face just glows.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 10:56:00 PM More reviews by tandt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have terribly dry skin and took recs of this foundation here on MUA.

For the past three weeks, I have been using it with success-- it has helped to further hydrate my skin.

It goes on very easily and seems to stay in place pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2007 10:12:00 AM More reviews by rosefleur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is my HG. I have tried A LOT of foundations and this is THE ONE! You're about to discover that I'm a bit of a Vitalumiere obsessive, I have this foundation in all three forms; liquid, creme and compact. This is a review for them all.
Firstly, this foundation is a great match for my skin tone. Clair is a fairly warm-toned pale colour which matches my NC20 skin perfectly. It is also well suited to my skin which is dry and sensitive, it's hydrating and doesn't accentuate any dry patches. Although my skin is very sensitive, I have never experienced breakouts because of this foundation - YAY! This is one of the many reasons why I think it's fabulous. I'm not sure why people with oily skin are trying Vitalumiere and giving it bad reviews as it is meant for normal-dry skin - if you are oily, Vitalumiere will make you shine!
I first started using the liquid form of Vitalumiere, which in my opinion is the most sheer. I like to use the liquid on my cheeks and forehead, where I only want a little bit of coverage to minimise redness. However, recently I received a sample of the cream version, which has slightly heavier coverage and blends in well in tricky areas like the nose. The cream is amazing at covering redness and I think is better for buildable coverage - the liquid can look way too shiny if you layer it. So when the creme-compact came out, I had to try that too! The cream-compact has a slightly more matte/powder finish than the others, but it is definitely not a matte finish, it's still vey luminous. I find the creme-compact great for evenings as it is really easy to adjust coverage and also for long days because it has great staying power. The compact looks best when applied with the sponge provided or a foundation brush. In contrast, the liquid and creme look far better when applied using fingers. The Channel MA said the best way to apply it is to gently pat it on, if you use a foundation brush or rub it in too much, the concealing powers of this foundation do not work.
I live in England, so most of the time it is cold. However, in the summer and in hot climates, I have found that the vitalumiere liquid can look super shiny and slip off. When it's hot the creme-compact is a must! continued >>

25 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by morepoe

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. I am 46 years old and have been using it for 3 years. I have tried others inbetween because of the price of the Chanel, but I always come back to it. Nothing else is as perfect. I tried the Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich foundation, after reading the reviews here, and the initial application was "wow." Then by the afternoon, I thought, "what happened to my lovely skin? Where did my foundation disappear to?" Whereas, the Chanel looks just as wonderful in the evening as it does when I apply it first thing in the morning. It is amazing and I am CONSTANTLY getting compliments on my skin.

UPDATE: Feb.2009 - I am now 48 and am still in love with this. Nothing else compares for taking years off your appearance and although it is expensive, it lasts a long time (I don't use it in the summer--refrigerate it from summertime until fall).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2007 5:09:00 PM More reviews by flyyy372

i love this foundation. my skin is fair and dry in the winter. the chanel sales girl told me this has oil in it but i don't break out from this, although that may be b/c i have dry skin. the coverage is sheer but buildable and the texture is light and smooth. i apply w/a foundation brush and find that it goes on well. the look is dewy w/o excessive shine or glitter. i don't think this product is for very fair girls b/c the colors seem to be kind of yellow based and they aren't extremely light. i am fair, asian, and use the lightest shade. i also don't think this product is for those w/oily skin b/c of the oil in the product. but if you're fair to darker and have dry-ish skin, this will provide a dewey yet airbrushed look w/light coverage (although it is buildable to medium coverage if you want). i want to try giorgio armani's silk foundation after using this up but this may be my HG foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by exitgravity

I have acne-prone skin, which I feel is also dehydrated, so I balance it with moisture but also use prescription Differin/Triaz pads. Went to the Chanel counter, the woman was wonderful and recommended the foundation. It's.. alright. If you have a lot of dark spots and imperfections, I don't think this is formulated to give perfect coverage. It is buildable, like most foundations - but you will have to build! Finish is neither matte nor dewy, a happy balance. It glides on relatively well, blending is about average, I do not think that this product contributed to any kind of breakouts or skin irritation. My mother is an aesthetician and my dermatologist also agrees that makeup generally does not irritate acne, provided you cleanse, protect, and treat your face properly as a routine. Overall, I just didn't get much coverage out of it and felt like building it up was wasting a pricey product. Chanel's colors lean towards the warmish yellow end of things, IMO. Slightly too warm for my fair skin. Also expensive. I'm afraid of pump-products breaking all the time. It didn't break, but I'm paranoid. Wasn't amazed here, will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Nata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this foundation some time ago, found it too oily and put it up for swap. Then when the weather became colder I tried it again and really like it. This foundation gives you that healthy look that no highlighter is needed.I found that the best application is not to use a brush or sponge, but apply it by "patting" it into the face. This way no flakiness is showing up and product goes on very even.
My shade is Cameo (MAC 20). It's not for someone with oily skin. Not sure if I will buy it again - looks like this product will last forever.