August 20, 2014 | 2005 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by beautydoll81

I love this product from Revlon. I have purchased Cotton Candy and Sweetart, and I have been really impressed with both of them! Cotton candy is a far lighter, subtle pink color whereas Sweetart is far more pigmented brighter pink colour.

I love that they are blend-able so that you can tone down brighter colors for an everyday look. I haven't found them especially moisturizing though! I also found that when you have chapped lips they do tend to look blotchy.

In short I really do like this product, and I will definately be trying out more shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Initially I bought one colour, loved it so much I went back and bought 4 more! They are lovely and moisturising while providing a pop of colour. They are the perfect in between for lip gloss, lipstick and lip balm. I find it's much of a natural look which is great for work. The new must have in my handbag! Definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really liked these lip butters. The Fig Jam is awesome and it's a wear anywhere color. My complain is that I went through a tube fast because I had to constantly reapply.
The main reason I dont use these anymore is that if I kissed my husband wearing these, his lips would hurt and turn a red color and swelled up. It lasted for about a week after kissing me. I didn't have a reaction but its a possibility with these.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Shooped

My favourite lip product ever! I have Cotton Candy, Sweet Tart, and Peach Parfait. They are perfect for people who like the consistency of lip balms but don't like using lipsticks. Reason I gave it a 4 is because they don't stay on the lips as long as I'd like.

Pros:
-----
Goes on smoothly
Moisturises lips
Easy and convenient to use
Colours are perfect

Cons:
-----
Melts if left in warm/hot places
Doesn't last very long throughout the day

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by xyz07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have Pink Truffle, Tutti Frutti, Gumdrop and Creme Brulee. Out of the four, I like Gumdrop the best. It offers my pigmented lips just a hint of lilac color that isn't overly pale and scary looking. Pink Truffle is the perfect MLBB color for me. Tutti Frutti is like a coral color, very pretty for summer and Creme Brulee is a bit too sheer for my lips to give a nude look but I do use it on work days because it offers a nice sheen. They are all pretty moisturizing but the only gripe is that the wear time is pretty short.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by vforvilde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought three Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters in Candy Apple, Sweet Tart and Tutti Frutti (at Boots), when I was in London as Revlon isn't available in Norway. The price was reasonable, not as expensive as regular lipsticks (thinking drugstore/high street) in Norway, but a bit more expensive than regular lip balms. But I think it's up to pair with the price of a tinted lip balm, as the Lip Butter are a hybrid between a tinted lip balm and a lipstick, I find it to be very reasonable price.

But when it comes to the packaging I found it quite difficult to open the Lip Butters, with the sticker (with the barcode) covering it, and in the end I had to resort to a scissor to cut over the sticker in order to open it. Not something that I would like to do when I buy and is going to open and use a lip products, therefore it won't get full points from me. However the rest of the packaging is quite lovely. Nice colours to show the colours, and the "peek hole" on the top of the packaging where you can see right into the product.

The reason why I wouldn't give the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters a 5 is because, they aren't necessarily the best lip product for someone who suffers from extremely dry and chapped lips. The Lip Butters are accentuating my dry and chapped lips, even if I scrub my lips so there aren't any chapped parts, I don't find the Lip Butters moisturising enough for my dry lips, and I would probably have to re-apply and maintain my lips every 1-2 hours. For that hassle I won't give it a full score, but that doesn't mean that this isn't a excellent product! If you don't suffer from extremely dry and chapped lips, this is absolutely perfect, and if I could get past the hassle, I would love it for a full score.

I would definitely repurchase this products, but I would definitely skip out on Sweet Tart, as I've recently realized that Sweet Tart isn't a colour for me, and it's just not working out with me. Candy Apple is the shade that I'm most likely to repurchase again, as I've a love for red/wine colours, and Tutti Frutti is also likely to be repurchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ratyj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have got 5 shades from Revlon lip butter range: sweet tart, tutti frutti, peach parfait, berry smoothie, and pink truffle. I love everything about these lippies. Will collect other shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by agomez10

I bought this in creme burlee I love nude lips... I thought this might be a little to brown to pull off a nude but it's perfect. Not a pale nude but still a nude. I put chap stick first so my lips don't dry doesn't look good with a nude lip...doesnt stay on all that long but I sill like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by TomYum

I purchased the Peach Parfait at my local drugstore and I would have to say that it had a LOT of glitter. When I say a lot, I'm saying I could actually feel the grittiness of the lip butter as I was applying it on my lips. Everyone has different tastes so if glitter is for you, definitely purchase this colour! The colour of the lip balm was stunning and gave a nice contrast to my pale complexion. I'll try other colours that people have been raving about and that isn't so glittery. I give this lip butter a definite buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by tabriasmakeuplife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm just going to cut right to the point ---
You cannot go wrong with ANY of these colours. I honestly believe any human being out there of any race, could find at least ONE colour in this collection that would suit their skin tone, or basically just suit them
I have strawberry shortcake (gorgeous, creamy, mid-tone pink, definitely not a pale pink, but not a dark pink either, just a very natural looking brightish pink) and creamsicle (glossy nude colour, definitely no pink undertones, more of a soft coral/peachy colour, pretty pale). I can make both of these lip butters work for different occasions.
Strawberry shortcake is a perfect everyday pink colour. It will stay on your lips for a long time, without "caking" or settling in to fine lines.
Creamsicle is more of a colour I think for when you have a VERY dark blackish smokey eye. Because this colour will definitely make your eyes pop. It is so glossy/creamy and nude. If you like that for everyday wear, definitely check it out.
All in all, will definitely repurchase, and I think the next colours I've got my eyes on are tutti fruity, peach parfait, and sweet tart! Those 3 i've had my eyes on for a while.
Oh man, I truly love these! :) Will most definitely (without question) repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No