July 31, 2014 | 1029 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by ccarebear344

I got a mini tube of this with my Sephora birthday give away. I am not impressed with this mascara for the price. It is clumpy, takes forever to dry, it smudges and I cannot take it off. I use Mary Kay eye makeup remover and it takes off all other mascaras with no problem. It does lengthen my eyelashes and thickens them- but there are cheaper mascara's that do the same thing. I would not purchase the full size version.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Jiji74

I heard a lot of people rave about this mascara so I bought it, but I personally wouldn't buy it again its not that great really. I still prefer my Lancome Hypnose Star mascara or even Hypnose Drama for more volume, and length.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by TiaBerry

This is definitely a sexy mascara. It gives great volume, but because of the huge brush it can sometimes get on your eyelids if not applied extremely careful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I got this months ago as part of my Sephora mini birthday gift and I finally got around to trying it. There was a lot of buzz about this product when it first came out because of its unique brush. Its a plastic bristled brush with bristles going around the tip as well (kind of like Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes). It claims to lengthen, curl, volumize, lift, and separate, Its also supposed to be smudeproof, not clump or dry out. Big claims! It lengthens, volumizes, lifts, separates and is pretty smudgeproof and non clumpy. I have straight asian lashes so it didn't hold my curl - I actually see my curled eyelashes dropping after I apply this. They say you're supposed to apply the mascara as you would normally, and then use the tip to push your lashes up afterwards. This does help give lashes a little lift and curl, but its not enough for me. I don't know about the drying out claim since its not really an issue for me. It works well, but starts looking spidery around the third coat. The fact that it doesn't hold a curl is a deal breaker for me. The final result is ok for me. I think if you had decent lashes to begin with this will work well for you.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'v always had mixed feelings about this mascara, one day it gives me total false looking lashes that everyone asks me what i'm wearing, and the next day it looks dry and clumpy.

I DO really like this mascara though, I have naturally dark, curly lashes and I do two swipes through my top lashes, and then go back with the tip for my inner corners and the tip of my middle lashes and i'm good to go! No flakes, smears, or running. It can be a total pain to get off though! Just be gentle while taking it off, and you shouldn't have damage or fallen out lashes!

overall I would recommend people to try it and see. Just like any mascara it wont work for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by zezz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

First time I tried this product I got a sample size and I didn't like it until the formula dried up a bit. Let me explain my eyelashes: they're medium/long length and very thin. On one eye my eyelashes are perfectly spread apart and on the other side I have a problem with mascaras clumping together one patch of eyelashes that are grown closely together.
Soon after I finished this sample, I purchased a full size. I found the formula a little wet and meh at first once again but as it dried up a bit it did wonders. It separated my eyelashes, evenly coated them and made them look thick (not too thick but perfect amount) and lengthened them. I usually use this mascara before or after a volumizing mascara to spread apart my eyelashes. It doesn't clump together my patch of eyelashes on my right eye that grow closely together. it spreads them apart. I love the wand and the hard plastic bristles and at the tip of the brush it has some bristles that are SUPER useful for corners and stuff. Love this mascara, its my holy grail. Forever repurchasing it, despite my continuous first impression of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by RamanB

I already have a back up! But this mascara is amazinggg!!!! It gives you real false looking eyelashes! My eyelashes are pretty tiny so i generally do wear falsies, but with this mascara i feel I don't need to! it gives you full and clumpy lashes, i like that but its personal preference obviously!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by hdcue23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this mascara but it was just ok, nothing special. I heard great things about it so went out and picked one up at my local Sephora. I have naturally long lashes so when I tried it for the first time I was expecting massive volume and thick lashes but for some reason it made my lashes clump together and didn't give me that "wow" factor, it also didn't curl very well(I even curled them prior to applying mascara!), and kinda made my lashes stick out. One thing I did like is how black it was, but other then that I wasn't that impressed, I just don't think the price is worth it and there are better mascaras out there for a better price!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by DarthPenguin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been dependent on the same mascaras for so long from Maybelline that I thought it would be nice to change it up. I decided to try BeneFit's They're Real because of some good reviews I read aaaaaaaaaand I was highly highly disappointed. This mascara is heavy, clumps, doesn't hold a curl, but luckily didn't smudge at least.

The packaging of this mascara is great, it pretty standard when you think of what you can do with a tube of mascara. The mascara wand I also thought looked great and ideal for applying mascara but it turns out that this wand applies the mascarapretty clumpily. Or at least in my eyes they do. The wand reminds me of The Rocket mascara which I also really didn't like but BeneFit's They're Real has a smaller wand which I think it makes it a little better. Also another nice thing is that the mascara really doesn't have a fragrance so it isn't irritating to the eye as some might be.

Now to the reasons I regret buying this mascara...
Like most others I curl my eyelashes and then appy the mascara and then I use one of those tiny combs to comb out any clumps. I tried doing this and it was disastrous every time--I couldn't stand it. I curled my eyelashes and then applied the mascara, then when I looked in the mirror the curl wasn't there and my eyelashes were weighed down and didn't want to hold the curl! I tried to comb out clumps (because my eyelashes were FULL of clumps!) and it wouldn't improove no matter what. I had freaking spider leg lashes!!! I was able to get a method to get my lashes decent but nowhere near the level of awesomeness of when I use Full n' Soft or the Falsies.

Overall this mascara proved to be an utter rip off for me. It was not worth the twenty bucks I spent on the damn tube because of the horrid results. I do NOT recommend people buy this unless their eyelashes somehow naturally hold the curl wonderfully and don't mind clumpedy clump clumped lashes. I keep telling myself "hey, at least it didn't smudge..." but even with this in mind I would never rebuy this mascara. Ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing mascara. I made my eye lashes super long and thick, and the weird thing is that the first time I used it someone actually did ask me was I wearing fake eye lashes. The container is so nice too, Love this mascara. Only con is the price.