August 21, 2014 | 1118 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by I_Smell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my HG under eye concealer. I bought this in 'Light Skin' based upon all the raves on MUA, and couldn't be happier: thanks, ladies! :-) It covers my 'average to severe' reddish/purple circles extremely well, despite the runny consistency: I thought the coverage would be a lot sheerer. I have light skin with pink undertones and to my surprise it blends invisibly into my skin, leaving a matte finish behind. I can't even feel that I'm wearing any make up, how wonderful is that?!
The salmony beige color is very effective in cancelling out any red/purple tones, and I'm glad it doesn't contain any shimmer or light reflective particles, because I don't like the 'wet-look' it can give. It's super quick and easy to work with: it takes a minute at most for both my eyes to be transformed. I just roll some on and pat it in with my fingertips. If needed, I apply another layer. You don't need very much, but if you don't use enough, you probably won't see much of a difference. For me, 3 or 4 quick short rolls up and down do the trick for each eye, depending on how much sleep I got. ;-) My fingers seem to do a better blending job than any concealer brush, maybe because they warm up the product.
It stays on all day on my combo skin and if I set it with powder, it doesn't settle into my fine lines. Occasionally, on very hot days, I need to touch up lightly for the evening, and I was amazed that it let me pile on more without ending up looking cakey. Even on top of powder!
I love how the roller ball feels a little cooling, but I can't say I've seen any improvement in the under eye area. But hey, I really didn't expect my circles to disappear or even improve: don't we all know that beauty companies just blatantly lie, lol.
I have very sensitive eyes: almost any cream or powder will iritate them, even the ones for sensitive skin. Not this one. I love that they didn't add any perfume to it; I'm sure that helps.
It also totally works wonders for covering blemishes! Try it out: you could always keep a separate roll on for that purpose. So, even if it didn't perform well enough on you as an under eye concealer, you might get some use out of it for hiding pimples, redness, acne scars or broken capillaries. Please do double check if it really doesn't work on your circles though: I have noticed that somehow the product seems to cover even better when it's almost dry. I find that if I roll on some concealer and wait about 30 seconds before patting it in, I need less product than when I start patting immediately. During the drying process it will get a tad darker and more orangey, but don't worry: it will melt seamlessly into your skin.
Oh, and I love the sleek, leak-free packaging for traveling. And even after months of use, the roller ball doesn't get cakey or dirty and rolls just as well as when I just bought it.
The only thing that could be improved IMO, is the European price: I don't like paying 15 ($ 20.50), especially for a 15 ml (0.50 fl. oz) drugstore product. I'll still buy it again though, because it does last me several months and it's simply the best I've found.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

ive never really had a huge problem with dark under-eye circles so i never ever thought about concealing my under-eye area (plus im too lazy to take that extra step in getting ready).it was so until i saw michele1218's video and how great her complexion looked with the YSL brightener under her eyes. of course im not gonna shell out $100 for YSL so i turned to this. i have used the untinted version and i liked it a lot so the whole concept was awesome for me. i bought it in light-medium (although im NC30ish, darker than the average person here) and it works pretty well. it brightens my under eye area but i do need to put it over an eye cream as when it dries it settles into the little tiny lines under my eyes. repurchase material!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this in sheer from walmart. Perfect for no make-up or light make-up days and that is when I would use this product. If I am wearing more make-up or going out at night I would most likely wear a slightly heavier concealer like my Urban Decay 24/7 pencil. Application is a little messy so don't think just using the roller ball only will do it, need to pat w/ finger or brush. Helped w/ my super puffy eyes this morning so I can't complain. will reccommend!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Im very suprised by all the hype and positive reviews on this product. It is like concealer and treatment serum in one. The claim Garnier makes on this is ridiculous, which are: clinically tested and reviewed by dermatologists and ophthamologists. Instantly dark circles are corrected and shadows appear diminished. In 1 week eyes look bright. The concept seems good, but there are too many downfalls. I dont see how the roller improves or makes application easier and the product itself creases under my eyes and isnt long lasting. It doesnt improve dark circles, not even a bit, contains alcohol that will cause irritation and breakdown of collagen, and the scent is unecessary.

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Squalane, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Talc, Nylon-12, Maltitol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Caffeine, Citrus Medica Limonum Extract/Lemon Fruit Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this concealer! It covers up my dark circles well and I like to think that its treating my eyes. I am very fair and I thought the color would be too dark but it suits me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I saw TiffanyD on YouTube (not affiliated) recommend this. I bought this in the sheer shade. I don't have particularly dark circles, but I do have some under eye redness. This product covesr the redness really, really well and soaks in immediately. Best of all, it doesn't settle into my fine lines. I dust a little mineral powder over this and it stays all day. The roller lets you apply the perfect amount of product so there is no waste. I'm NC/W15 and the sheer shade blends perfectly even when I thought it will be too dark at first glance. I would repurchase and recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by liteenie

I was really surprised that I liked this! I bought it thinking it wouldn't do anything or it would be way too light for me. I have NC30 skin and although the product comes out pretty light at first, I find that it blends really well. It doesn't completely cover the darkness (mine aren't too terrible) but it does brighten up the whole area. I've worn it under my Dr. Denese Defense Day Cream (tinted sunscreen), under foundation, over foundation, under another concealer and any way works out great. My favorite finish is when I roll on the concealer then use a synthetic fluffy eyeshadow brush to buff it out. And woo hoo it doesn't crease!! Going to go purchase a backup.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by ll22

I really like this product! After I use it, I notice a significant difference in the reduction of my undereye circles & even in puffiness! My eyes look brighter and more awake. I even returned my Laura Mercier Secret Brightener I just purchased because it did a much better job! I do still use LM Secret Concealer #2 over it because it's a little too light on it's own..but very cooling and soothing! Will definitely repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by oxfordjrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Very pleased with this. If you want to minimize your dark circles and at the same time tighten the wrinkled area, then this is for you. It gives light but effective coverage and I have definitely noticed a difference to my eye bags. The price is pretty reasonable for what you get and the packaging is nice and sleek, so perfect to fit in your make up bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

For some reason, when I purchased this I was buying a lot of under eye concealers. I've never had noticeable bags or darkness but I felt the need to explore this realm of my makeup regimen. I also saw tons of videos on youtube about it. When I saw it on sale, I thought I had nothing to lose by getting it. I hated it at first. I put on in the car once I got it and felt like I wasted my money. I kept it in my purse as an emergency concealer/foundation because I saw no point in using it everyday. A few weeks later I pulled it out and put it in my makeup drawer. I experimented with it and realized that I was using too little, which is why it never did anything. Now, I apply a generous amount and blend it out with my fingers then with a fluffy brush. I tend to put this over foundation or over moisturizer if I am not using foundation. And I'll admit that this has been a lifesaver for the morning afters a long night cry (do any of ladies know what I'm talking about?). My eyes get ten times more puffy after I cry and I need this to look normal the next day. It really does help disguise it and the ball does feel nice when my eyes are ultra sensitive. The color seems to work with most skintones, which means it must be sheer, but it does add nice color for covering. I really do love love this, and I would repurchase it again and again. I'm not really in to products like this, a little too gimmicky, but for me it works. Very surprising, but I am so happy it does.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No