September 20, 2014 | 1890 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by FallSoShort

This mineral makeup blows BE away. The finish is flawless. It makes my skin look glowy and natural...everything I could have wanted from a mineral foundation. However, the packaging sucks. It's a pain to open...I can't even count the number of times I bent a fingernail back trying to open it. And worst of all, I've recently started getting cystic acne along my chin. I can't blame Pur Minerals because I've been changing a couple of different products and any of them could be to blame....but I have a feeling it's the PM foundation. I would recommend it to anyone...If it doesn't break you out, it's a wonderful product!! I am currently resting my skin for a while, but I'll be back if I discover PM is not the culprit!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I have been using this product for a week now and really like it. Much better than BE, which was the brand I tried and liked before. I use the "light" shade, but unfortunately won't be using this past the summer. "Light" is too dark and orangy for winter use, and the "porcelain" shade is too light. My main complaint about this product would be the same as for BE- why can't these companies make a light, yet yellow based product for pale olive or asian complexions? The powders always seem too peach or pink, and PurMinerals is no exception. I love the coverage it gives, though, and it covers blemishes and skin imperfections really well, buffing out so that my skin looks flawless. I will continue to use this through the summer, and continue to wish they'd make a shade in between porcelain and light that has very golden/yellow undertones to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by chels0421

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would not use this product if you have oily skin. I started using it because it has good coverage, and stays on a long time, but I did not realize it has shea butter in it. It started making me break out. I switched to Bare.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Tarna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great Product but takes a little practice not to over apply. Gives a great appearance and washes off with ease. The colors are forgiving for the light, medium blush, and golden blush so much that you can use all three and still look good. I was never much for makeup but now I am looking pretty with a 5 min application or less. Highly recommend this product to anyone who wants quick and not the huge mess that comes with loose powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by taylor1522o

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite foundation. It gives a more matte finish, but it is a buildable coverage. It's a bit pricey but I've tried to find replacements for it with no luck yet. Some mineral makeup makes my skin look flakey but this makes my skin look flawless. The starter kit is awesome too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by PegLovesBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is wonderful! I love the shade choices and even though I thought the brush was a bit stiff at first, it really does grab the powder very well and makes for a great application tool. I love the foundation, only thing I do not like is that on my skin it does get a bit oily/muddy looking by the end of the day. Otherwise LOVE it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Hailey92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great if you just want light coverage. It honestly takes me like 3 minutes to put this on and the pur minerals blush. It covers scars and acne completely! It is drying so you have to have a decent moisturizer under it. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by BSchrews

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this makeup. I have tried to wear Bare Minerals so many times and wasted so much money. I finally walked into Ulta and had one of the ladies apply this to my face. I could not believe the results. I have old acne scars and this covers like a dream with no sparkly shine whatsoever. When I apply at home, it first appears kind of chalky but give it a few minutes and it's like magic! I guess that the minerals meld into my skin or something but it give the allusion that my skin is flawless. I absolutely love this! If you've had a bad experience with mineral makeup in the past please try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Lupina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried a few of these type of mineral powders. I like the Pur Minerals one the best. I like the colors, I can use 3 different ones depending on the time of year. Also there is a product that has two different colors in a split pan so you can custom blend if you want. I like the fact it is pressed and not loose, so no mess. Also I can use it lightly or heavier for the type of coverage I want. The minerals make it water resistant so it stays on even during humid weather. It is easy to apply and blend, and with a small brush I can add a little more to cover redness, blemishes, and sun spots.The titanium dioxide gives you some SPF protection, and I use a sunscreen underneath.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by snuffle2

Having tried other mineral foundations I found this to be one of the best.The fact that it is a pressed powder makes it easy and mess free to use.The light shade is a perfect match for my fair skin.Must use a primer or moisturiser under,as it needs something to help it buff onto skin.I use the chisell brush that is sold with it and use the dip,draw,dust method and I find this works well.Great for those days when you want a fast application when no time for makeup play.Also have used over liquid foundation for extra coverage and this works well.The utility brush works well as a spot concealer.No skin irritation or breakouts.