April 17, 2014 | 1771 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by finiteclockwork

When I first saw my friend using this product I was amazed at how great her skin looked after she put it on so I decided that when I was finished with my current foundation I would try this one next. I bought it in the lightest color there was (Porcelain Ivory) and wasn't impressed. The coverage was really nice, and after putting on powder it would have looked flawless but the color did not match my skin at all. But I can't blame that so much on the product, but the color selection wasn't really phenomenal. I've always had trouble finding foundation that's light enough for my skin because every one I've tried is usually too yellow or too pink, in this case it was too pink. Aside from all of that, the price was alright (a bit on the high side for drugstore) and if you can find a shade that matches your skin tone this foundation does last a good while (but not 24 hours).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by kboogie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay I have extremely oily skin!! so I needed something that would stay for longer then 1 minute. Anyway I have used Revlon Colorstay in Caramel and while Ikind of like the color better then Caramel in Superstay I like the coverage of Syperstay better.

It's thicker and gives more of a med to full coverage (I have acne scars) that need concealing. Anyway along with the Superstay in Caramel I use Everyday minerals in Tan to offset the yellow tone in the Superstay.

Overall I like it for the price and coverage.

*************************************************************

Alright I'm back! What I am doing now is mixing Revlon Colorstay (Caramel) and Superstay (Caramel) together and it's PERFECT!!!
Like I said before the Superstay has this strong yellow undertone and the Colorstay when putting enough to cover acne scars can be too dark soooooo I combined the two and I have the perfect color and coverage! I am also using MOM and I noticed when I used it with the SUperstay alone OMG!! I looked a hot mess it made me look bleached out or something.

Now when I use MOM (to control the shine) with the two foundations combined you can't tell and my oily skin has a matte finished! (for now) it's been 5 hrs and I only have a tiny bit of shine on my forehead where by now my entire face would be super oily!!.

I think it's the combo of the 2 foundations is helping with the oliness b/c when I used the MOM with the superstay it didn't help the oiliness at all!

Who would've thought that combining 2 rival foundations would give me the perfect color, coverage and shine control?!!! Kboogie is a happy girl!! Ya'll just don't know how happy I am..... seriously!

****************************************************
LOL! I'm back again and after really trying to study make up and undertones (this is very important). I discovered I actually have a red/peachy undertone with a hint of yellow and the majority of the foundations I was wearing were either very yellow/olive or orange.

I bought the Superstay in Honey Beige but it didn't work with the Caramel so doing a little experimenting I mixed the Honey Beige which has a slight red/pink undertone with my Iman's cream to powder in Earth 1 and it looks perfect. The Earth 1 is waaaay to dark and the Honey Beige is waaay too light to wear alone but together they work perfect!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by kmelgoza

I must say that I was surprised to actually love this foundation! I was a little skeptical to try it since Ive been using Revlon's CS, but I had bought it at CVS in their BOGO sale. I really like it! I have used it to work ( nurse on a 12hour shift) and it lasted pretty much my whole shift! No transfer or oxidizing issues! with revlon i did have transferring issues even when i touched/itched my face you could see where my finger was, but with Superstay it didnt! The only downside was that after like 6 hours it did get oily in my usual t-zone, but blotting wipes take care of that! Dont get their superstay powder though, didnt like at all! I just kept using the Revlon CS powder with this foundation =]

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by moni11246

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation lives up to its name, and lasts forever. my skin is sensitive and has a tendency to get slightly oily, but this foundation does not irritate my skin, and it reduces the shine ! The bottle isnt a pump, which is a minor downfall, but i apply it with a q-tip and it works fine. One bottle last a long time for me. ive had it for a month and the bottle is still filled to the top :)
It doesnt clog my pores. The coverage is great and covers my small scar on my face.
Ill def be buying again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by d3rp

I just bought this a few days ago and used it today. I hate redoing my make up and I have horrible skin with rosacea dots allll over - so I need to pile it on every few hours. This didn't even last four hours, let alone 24 hours! I like the color and it goes on nicely and is breathable, but it DOES rub off unlike it says. I would definitely not buy this again... a nice foundation with a good color and no funky smell, but it isn't true to its name!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the bottle-slim, not a pump makes it easy to use with a sponge.
It lasted all day at work, I don't like re doing makeup at lunch.
I have combination skin and this together with Revlon Colorstay foundation as well as another Maybelline foundation Dream Mousse ( the one in the pot) are very good products to which I turn to all the time.
I thought that the selection of colors was not bad. this is not mac, and this is just personally, I get lost and overwhelmed at mac and too many choices
I think lately drugstore prices are higher than they used to be, but yet they are still affordable and you can "play" more

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by insidiousplan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm sort of biased with the this product; the colors completely do not match my skin tone. The lightest color is still too dark for me. Despite that, I still liked the blending qualities. It lasted quite a while, but not as long as revlon color stay.
Overall, an okay foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Duckiesangel8403

This is my new staple foundation! It's more than I like to spend on foundation, but it works pretty well as long as my skin isn't too dry cos it reveals my peeling skin lol. I hate when I get to the bottom of the bottle, though, because it's impossible to get the last bit of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by missnattii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

BRIGHT. FRIGGEN. ORANGE.

i tested out the foundations on my face at walmart, deciding natural beige was closest to my skin color, even though i'm not even that white. so i bought it, $9, a little pricey for me but i had high expectations. when i got home, i tried it on, and the second i stepped into the natural light, it just looked ridiculous. it was BRIGHT ORANGE, didnt blend out well, ugh. what a waste of money. i gave it an extra lippie because maybe it has good staying power, despite the awful color. and the packaging is cute. it was a waste of money overall, i hope the revlon colorstay has better results for me. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Bexicle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is not great, but it's hardly bad.
Good points:
-It applies well, and can be blended very easily.
-It's not a 'mask' type long wear foundation and looks natural, it is light-medium coverage not full coverage.
-It doesn't irritate my skin.. and I never used to be a fan of Maybelline as all their mousse products had silicone oils in that were pretty awful to me. But this is harmless so far (2 weeks in?)
Bad Points:
-I apply before work and it doesn't last 12 hours even with moisturiser, smashbox primer and powder. By the time I'm back from work (airconditioned open store) my nose is shiny and it's only still on my forehead really.
-Is not concealing for under-eye or zits, but that's fine to use other stuff.

EDIT: This is an alright foundation BUT it does not work well with a setting powder, at least for me, when used it cakes up and starts looking patchy. Without powder it doesn't last.