November 27, 2014 | 1325 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by shakeyourhips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to buy this, one; because Maybelline's colors are usually a bit off for me, and two; because I read/saw some mixed reviews. That being said, I absolutely love it. I bought Classic Beige and it's a great match. I may even love this foundation more than my ColorStay. It has excellent coverage, has a nice matte finish, blends easily, and I'm in love with the way it makes my skin look. I use a primer, then a light dusting of my NYC loose translucent powder, then apply my foundation with a beautyblender. FLAWLESS.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by people52005

I live in the UK and this foundation DOES have a pump and SPF 19. I have to say this is one of the best liquid foundations I have tried. It's lightweight, stays fresh and flawless for the whole day. My shade is cocoa. However, it does transfer abit, for example when I blow my nose. When I used this foundation with the l'oreal studio secrets resurfacing primer, it lasted for 10 hours without any blotting. However, I haven't tried this foundations sans the primer so I'm not sure if it will last as long. A very good foundation and I also like the semi-matte finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Think this is a pretty decent foundation for a drugstore product. I like the color selection and gives a pretty natural (matte) finish. But it is not HG-status for me, not enough coverage and does not stay on for 24h :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 7:24:00 AM More reviews by YoungDandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first purchased this about 6 months ago, looking for a cheaper everyday (work an such) alternative to Revlon Photo ready that I was currently using. I had never been a fan of maybelline foundations before and had decided to give the dream liquid mousse a go, but upon finding the colour selction to be too pinky for my skin, eyed up the then new Superstay foundations.

Their colour range was more of a yellow tint which suits my tan/olive skin perfectly. I ended up with "True Beige".
The coverage is very good, somewhat heavy but I like that. I have combo/oily skin so i make sure i put adequate powder over the top to stay skine free. After about about 7 or 8 hours I may need to touch the powder up in the T zone but thats no dramas.
As everyone else has said the bottle is annoying because theres no pump but you get over that and now it doesnt bother me at all anymore.

I have tried lots of foundations but this is probably my favourite so far because its cheap enough to use everyday and im not scared to look in the mirror at the end of the day. It definately doesnt last 24 hours like it claims to but it lasts longer than anything else i've tried!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by SaraLenae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What happened? The new formula is not an improvement at all, a downgrade. When I bought this when it first came out it was my HG. Lasted all day with great coverage. Now since it has changed, it does not stay on all day and the coverage is so-so.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by duckyjps

ok so after reading everybody's review on this product it seems everyone is in lovvvve with this product. but i hatttttte this product haha... i used the color sand beige and it was to orange and dark for me when i used the next color down (the lightest shade) it was suuuper orange. also my skin is probably combination to oily and this foundation would only last for a couple of hours before completely turnning more orange and getting blotchy. i liked the medium to full coverage but by the end of the day my face looked siiickening. i do have some acne cuz im a teenager and whatnot so this product was a totalll fail! i would not recommend this to anyone that wants there makeup to still be on there face by the end of the school day haha :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Ritagal09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this! I find myself choosing this more often than the others. It gives me a nice, even coverage; it isn't heavy and it's blendable. Should have had a pump though. Overall, great foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I love this color. I have Sand Beige and it blends seamlessly into my skin covering any discoloration--not too orange or too pale. This is probably the most perfect matching foundation I have ever found in my 15 years of foundation searching. I feel really good when I wear this! It makes me feel confident.

The only downside is the awkward packaging--a glass bottle--I am wondering how this will be once I am towards the end of the bottle. I think a pump would work much better! More hygenic and you could get it all out (like L'oreal's Infalliable). I really hope Maybelline keeps this around for a long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Lalipop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love Maybelline products for some reason. I used to wear their dream liquid foundation but found that it was too light coverage and not long lasting at all. I decided then to try this new foundation of their. The bottle it comes in was beautiful and I loved the writing on it. Thankfully in South Africa it comes with a pump which I was happy about. I also quickly checked out the texture and felt like it was smooth, creamy and seemed easy to blend. The price was also good, so I took it :)

The first thing I like about the foundation is how easy it is to blend. I can always count on it looking relatively natural as well, and it never seems to go cakey on me, no matter how much I put on my face. I once literally layered this stuff on me, as in more than 5 layers, and it still looked fine. The other cool thing is the coverage which is decent. Like a said, you can actually layer this without worrying that it will go cakey or flaky. This seems to hide my few odd spots and takes away redness. If I applied a lot of this it does seem to really last a long time and it washes off easily as well. It really does smooth out your skin too. It all seems good but there are some drawbacks

The first drawback for me is the fact that I do need a lot of this to give me a nice finish. I can't just dab a little bit here and there and expect it to look good. Like previously mentioned too , the staying power only works if I have at least 3 layers on. One or two isn't even enough for me. The second thing that totally sucks is the fact that it will make oily skin oilier. I have normal skin, but if I wear products that wouldn't work for oily skin, I find that my skin does start to develops some oil around the nose area. That's how I know that this can be a potential nightmare for oily prone skins. Even by adding powder doesn't seem to get rid of that lil bit of oiliness. So just beware of that factor. I can also that this foundation might not be enough coverage for some peeps.

Other than the above, I'm content with this foundation, but I will definitely not use this on a night out. Maybe for during the day or so. The cool thing is that this foundation has been used everyday for almost 2 months now and I'm still on one bottle so there seems to be a nice amount of product in there and the bottle pump works well. Will I recommend this though? Yes if you don't have too oily skin, looking for something affordable that still looks nice and that can give you a decent bit of coverage. Just know that you might need to use a few layers though!

EDIT: I'm not quite sure what the "new version" means. ??? haha

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by sushivorous

This is the perfect foundation for me. I only use it where I need coverage and I pat it on lightly, and it looks fresh for hours. Feels clean on my skin as well. Better than any department store I have tried. Also better than Revlon ColorStay.