Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 10/3/2010 10:52:00 AM

Absolutely hideous foundation, this one. I bought it a while back and figured it might be for me because it was long wearing and I have combination skin. WRONG!! This product slid off my face after an hour even when using a primer and setting with a powder. It just did not work for me at all. Even right after applying, the finish did not floor me one bit. If you all were me, I'd stay away from this foundation at all costs! Superstay? Yah right!! I'll stick with my Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse...that cream foundation lasts eons longer than this supposed "Superstay".

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

on 10/1/2010 1:09:00 PM

I just bought this product at Walgreens. I was debating whether to try Maybelline's dream foundations but was skeptical after reading that people had breakouts after using them. Overall, I like the feel of this foundation. It actually spreads on my face. Usually, the color-stay foundations that I have tried in the past usually stick like glue and feel gross. This foundation felt soft and went on nicely. My only complaint is the color. I chose nude because I thought this would be not too light, not too dark. It seemed a bit orange-y to be honest. I tend to have yellow/beige-y undertones so a lot of the times foundations are too pink or turn a weird orange. The best foundation for my skin was Neutrogena's healthy foundation in golden bisque. They have since redesigned their product and I can't seem to find that shade anymore! Back to Superstay foundation-I may just need to try a different shade. I am not sure if this will be my first choice when it is time to buy foundation again but I would at least consider buying it again sometime in the future.

on 9/23/2010 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this foundation. I needed something that would last all day with minimal touch-ups - This is definitely it. I got this in classic beige. It's not orange at all. Doesn't oxidize. Hasn't clogged my pores or given me any zits. :) I set this with a translucent powder and it stays looking fresh all day. The finish is a mix b/t dewy & matte. A little of both. Just a healthy glow really.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who's looking for coverage that last all day.

Superstay- NOT... it came off about an hour after I applied it. I have dry skin.... it did not stay at all. It dried really fast and was hard to apply. The package was okay but a pump would be better... update the formulat to a better consistency... and I may would try it again. This was not for me. I was disappointed.

on 9/21/2010 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The first time i brought this foundation, i tried it for a few days and absolutely loved it. I thought my complexion looked amazing and it hid my acne scars brilliantly, although the staying power sucks let me tell you that now.. I had to re-apply it every hour or two. So anyway i noticed a few people had been telling me as kindly as they could that my face was a little bit on the patchy side. Now when people started to tell me this i was completely confused because i thought when i applyed the foundation in the morning it looked fine.. although when i looked closer into the mirror i noticed i had a orange patches all over my forehead and above my lips making me look like i had an orange mustache. EURGH! i took it straight off their and then and have since replaced it with a clinique foundation.. not reccomended at all.. do not buy this foundation if your skin is on the oily side!

I really love the way this foundation makes me skin look :) it covers my flaws well. I have some discoloration from picking at my skin sometimes and this makes my skin look smooth and natural and healthy. my only problem with this foundation is that it does not stay on my skin all day! :( i get oily throughout the day.. sooo this is good for days when im just lounging. Also another reason why i really like it is because it does not clog my pores at all, after i take it off my pores are still clear and my skin is smooth.

This stuff is great. I thought I loved Revlon Colorstay, but this stuff is WAY better. It doesn't dry too fast and it is SO easy to blend! It does stay on quite a long time, I dont know if it really does stay on for 24 hours, but it does have staying power. It doesn't have the "mask" look of many foundations and even though it doesn't claim to have a "matte" finish, it doesn't get too oily even though I normally have a very oily T-zone. I was able to find a perfect color match for my skin, so that is always a plus. As the bottle claims, I haven't had problems with transfer of makeup from my face to my clothes. Another plus was that the foundation did not irritate my very sensitive acne-prone skin. I'd say really the only con is the fact that it doesnt have a pump, but honestly thats not a huge deal for me. I will definitely buy this again so I really hope they continue to make this product. <3

on 9/19/2010 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i would have given this foundation 5 lippies but for the fact dt the color [caramel] seems light on my skin.i use revlon color stay in caramel.other than that,it is transfer proof,lasts long ,is not oily,and gives good coverage.i'm not sure it will last 24 hrs,i've only ever worn this for about 7 hours.With a good primer and setting powder it does not budge.

on 9/18/2010 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I was hesitant to buy this, one; because Maybelline's colors are usually a bit off for me, and two; because I read/saw some mixed reviews. That being said, I absolutely love it. I bought Classic Beige and it's a great match. I may even love this foundation more than my ColorStay. It has excellent coverage, has a nice matte finish, blends easily, and I'm in love with the way it makes my skin look. I use a primer, then a light dusting of my NYC loose translucent powder, then apply my foundation with a beautyblender. FLAWLESS.

on 9/17/2010 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I live in the UK and this foundation DOES have a pump and SPF 19. I have to say this is one of the best liquid foundations I have tried. It's lightweight, stays fresh and flawless for the whole day. My shade is cocoa. However, it does transfer abit, for example when I blow my nose. When I used this foundation with the l'oreal studio secrets resurfacing primer, it lasted for 10 hours without any blotting. However, I haven't tried this foundations sans the primer so I'm not sure if it will last as long. A very good foundation and I also like the semi-matte finish.