Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

on 6/30/2011 7:51:00 AM

Has a refreshing grapefruit scent, however it made my skin feeling tight and dry, making my face oilier than usual during the day.

on 6/26/2011 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I read the reviews about this product just after I bought it (I know I should of read reviews first before buying it but owell) there were alot of negative comments about this product especially people saying that it is really drying and makes your skin really flaky.

The product got a great scent and when you turn the bottle upside down it seems to leak for some reason but any ways I've used this product for a week now and it seems to work for me and doesn't dry my skin. It cleanses my face well and reduces the size of my pimples. After cleansing my face with this product my skin felt tight, but moisturising it after the cleansing would be ok. And I do agree with the others that this product is pretty drying to the skin so if you have dry or sensitive skin I don't recommend this product but it would probably be helpful for those who have really really oily skin.

on 6/23/2011 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This stuff smells good in the bottle but for some reason I find the smell that lingers on my skin after I use it to be disgusting. It definitely didn't prevent me from breaking out; in fact I think I had some sort of allergic reaction to it. Considering it is one of the more expensive cleansers you can buy at the drugstore, its not that impressive.

on 6/20/2011 2:45:00 AM

I bought this when I had series of unusual outbreaks on my skin. I don't tend to use gel cleansers since they either irritate my skin or dry it out. The product did nothing to reduce my acne, though I suppose my drying out the skin you can reduce the size of acne. It irritated my skin. Oh yeah if you turn the bottle upside down the product leaks through the top. Beware :)
It smells alright though and it's a pretty shade.

I tried this stuff & that same night, my skin started to itch like crazy. I woke up the next morning with whiteheads ALL OVER my face. I've never had whiteheads before..just pimples. I had it around my mouth area, nose, forehead...chin. It dried out my skin really bad too. It has been 3 days & my skin is still bad. My face is soo itchy and irritated right now. I haven't worn makeup or touched it for the past few days. I'm so mad that I even tried this.

It feesl like a bad sunburn on my face! Stings and dry flakes all over.

This is my first comment, which shows how deeply disappointed I am. I went to the store and was going to get the St. Ives Apricot Face Wash but they didnít have any in stock and I was in major need of some acne wash. I have the worst infected chin pimples ever! I decide on the fly to get the grapefruit wash and get home and see it got horrible reviews. Mostly for drying the face out, I didnít care I needed to dry these pimples out. I have used it 2 days and cleaned my face with it 5 times. That is all it took for my face to look as bad as I think I have ever seen it. My face is so dry that I look years older, my smile lines are so defined! This morning I woke up with my cheeks totally red and I am getting dry patches all over my face. On top of all that my pimples are still there! This will go to the back of my makeup closet maybe will work for back or chest acne. Major bummer!

on 6/5/2011 11:44:00 PM

During my first week of use, my skin looked so dewy and soft after using it. However, as I kept using it, my skin became extremely flaky and dry. My skin started to develop a rash too. Even with all the moisturizers I used, it was still flaky and dry with rashes. I had to throw away the whole bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HATE, HATE, HATE is all I have to say for this face wash. I was impressed my the color and the fact that it looked promising to me. But, I was wrong. I used it for about 3 days with no problem. The next morning my face was extremely dry, rough, and itchy. IT WAS HORRID. I do NOT recommend this product.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

It smells great and it leaves my skin feeling balanced..not too dry and not oily. I get breakouts rarely and still got them while using it but it didn't make my skin any worse. It's not bad but there are better products out there.

on 6/3/2011 10:24:00 PM

This is all I use for washing my back where I get breakouts. I think the scent is much better then the average acne cleanser, its refreshing. I have bought several bottles.