December 21, 2014 | 1863 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this at the store and figured since I love grapefruit scented products and have no problems with Neutrogena's salicylic acid Pads, I decided to try it. It has a great scent, it has a lot of slip and lathers up a lot. It takes off all my make up (IDK about waterproof though), but I made the mistake of letting it sit on my skin while I went at it with a Clarisonic Mia. MISTAKE! Talk about burning - I made sure not to do THAT again! On the PLUS side, I did some 'excavating' on my forehead (went on a little zit-popping frenzy) but didn't have any spot stuff to calm the redness and irritation, so I just washed my face with this stuff. Usually for me, the next day after an episode like that, I'll have a sore face and red spots everywhere. But not with this! HUGE score! Though I don't use this to wash my face every night (I have a fear of thinning out my skin from overuse of AHA & BHAs), I have found that it is affective for calming my skin when I have mini breakouts. I didn't noticed any difference in improvement of skin texture/tone when I was using it regularly, but that's okay since now I just use it to calm breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by KandyKisses

I love love love this facial cleanser! I have terrible acne-prone/oily skin and I bought this a while ago at Walmart when they had it on sale. It's normally almost six bux around here, therefore I can't get it too often. But boy, this tube of cleanser lasted me at least two months, and I usually run out in 3-4 weeks. This stuff was AMAZING. It smelled so yummy and fresh, woke me up, and made me feel super refreshed and clean. It did help with my skin bunches, which most cleansers fail to do. My skin was clearer, less oily, and I didn't get pimples as much. A+++ cleanser, I just wish it were a bit cheaper so I could buy it more often!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by 3Mookie3

My favorite aspect of this face was was the smell. I'm in love with anything that smells like citrus! It did a pretty good job as far as cleansing my skin- I didn't have any problems with my skin drying or anything like that. However, it really didn't improve (or worsen) my acne. It was just a normal face wash for me. I got through a bottle or two, but I don't bother with it anymore. There's better out there!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by clairenielson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish I'd read the reviews before buying this. It was on sale at priceline and was willing to give this a go in collaboration with my Cetaphil (cetaphil at morning, neutrogena at night).

I decided that I would use it only once a day at first, to avoid drying out my skin just in case. The first time I used it, I liked it - the citrus-y smell and the fresh feeling of rinsing it off with cool water felt really nice. My (oily, blemish-prone) skin felt properly clean and smooth after using it, and the next day I woke up with no new pimples. I figured that this was a great sign and continued using it once a day (at night, after wearing makeup all day) for 2 more days. Then i started noticing my skin tone becoming more pinkish. Then red. After just those first couple of days, my skin began to get a really rough, sand-papery texture and was feeling very irritated. I stopped usage as soon as these effects became prominent. I haven't used it for three days now and my skin is still recovering from the rash-like reaction, and my skin texture is slowly improving. I've had to slather on Aloe Vera gel, and use my Jurlique intense recovery face mask and apply a lot of Dermalogica eye cream to get my skin back to a semi-alright state and to prevent flaking. I can't understand why this happened, I honestly don't think I've reacted this badly to a product before. I don't think anybody's skin is oily enough for the kind of stripping this product causes. It didn't only dry my skin, but made it red, itchy. Even around my eyes it's red and dry and I didnt even apply the facial cleanser directly over my eye area when I was washing my face. What a waste of money, and a horrible product for the skin. I don't think I'd even trust to use this product once a week.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by xSchultz44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never been so disapointed in my life with neutrogena. I don't have sensitive skin whatsoever and when it comes to cleansers i can pretty much use whatever cleanser i want. I saw this on sale at the store the other day so i figured i would try it out, i had been using biore ice fighting acne whatever.. it worked good, kept me clear. I had no zits on my face. that night i brought it home, i removed my makeup and washed my face with this cleanser. the only thing that i changed in my routine. he next morning i woke up to 13 HUGE zits all over my face. It was horrible. They're slowly going away but I will NEVER use this product again and I do NOT reccomend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by mameenoodles

cleanser has nice smell
gel consistency is very long lasting
does nothing for acne, pimples and blemishes. they keep recurring.
overall, an alright cleanser.. does what a normal cleanser does.. cleans, removes dirt and oil. doesn't strip my face of oils like others.
packaging is very convenient with a pump for easy use.
however, i prefer other neutrogena face washes though. Was disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by uwushuwereme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this and it dried my skin out so much! I felt like I had scales, like, not even kidding. The only thing I liked about this product was the smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by sandybabii

I bought this as I needed a new cleanser and it looked quite promising. But sooo disappointed! Firstly the pump didn't work so I had to open the bottle and it was just messy. After 2 uses my skin was irritated, red and patchy. It's been a day already and my skin still hasn't recovered. I do not recommend anyone use it at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by SyntheticNessa

I was so excited to try this product after seeing the advertisements on TV, and even more so after I smelled how lovely it smells.
However, I have only used this product twice and it already has dried out my skin, and made it patchy, red and itchy. I only had a mild case of acne and sensitive skin, and I must say this really does NOT help.
I guess I'll go back to my organic Lush products and Cetaphil. What a waste of $13.. thanks Vanessa Hudgens.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by alee26

I brought this because I have oily skin that is fairly prone to acne so thought it would be good. Except it made my skin even worse! It left my skin red and irritable and I think I broke out even more after using this product! UGH!