September 2, 2014 | 1450 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by DrZoidberg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think that if you believe that a cleanser can clear your acne, you're probably desperate, and I was when I bought this! I was going through a pretty bad acne breakout and thought this would help. But really it doesn't do a lot.

Pros:
-- pretty sure I checked and this is sulfate free. This is rare and awesome to find in an acne cleanser! Sulfates can be quite harsh and they aggravate my dermatitis.
-- BHA in it to fight acne.
-- convenient pump packaging.
-- pretty pink gel with citrusy fragrance.

Cons:
-- doesn't clear acne because you rinse it off right away. You can try leaving it on the skin for a minute or more but even so, my results were not miraculous.
-- too drying to use daily. I recommend using this a few times a week only.
-- possibly too pink and girly for boys to use? lol

Overall - not that great. Give it a miss unless you're mega oily.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

Way too drying, my daughter's skin was starting to look like parchment paper. To go thru the bottle I use it as hand wash in the kitchen.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by aliawilk123

I love this stuff. I have sensetive combination skin that likes to break out. I am a server and in college, and the combination of being in a hot oily kitched and stress from classes really does a number on my skin. I've been using this for three weeks, and the tone and texure of my skin has improved dramatically. All my whiteheads are gone! It smells great. I love this stuff.

It can be a little drying, but if you have a good moisturizer (like any of the aveeno products), you should be fine. It also contains many plant extracts besides grapefruit, so if you have sensitivities to any of those, you might get red spots, but it's not common. I tend to use it once a day, or every other day when my skin is congested, and I use it with a facial brush or a little baking soda. Overall, a great product if you need something to clear up and occasional breakout.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by victoriassecrets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Definitely very drying. I don't have overly dry skin but it gave me dry, flaky sore patches even after moisturising. It cleared up my skin when I first started using it, now I have got to the end of the bottle it's done nothing for my acne. The smell of it is nice though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

After 3 days of testing, once per day, in evenings, the result is the emergence of zits (4 of them) chin area, and side of mouth. Back to the neutrogena Oil Free Stress Control Foam Wash. Although 2% salcyclic is in content, it still erupted. Go figure. This product is going back to the store.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Dancer1279

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just used this product maybe an hour ago on my face... My face is sooo dry. I used it last night also and when I woke up, I had reddness all over my face! When I put it on an hour ago I didn't think it was what made that reddness. But now I know this was it. It smells amazing, looks like it works, but I have a soreness feeling on my face and my WHOLE face is completelydry and my skin is starting to peel. I do NOT reccomend this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by SatineMoulinRouge

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My mom got me this in a tube I love the smell! But it did dry my skin quite a bit. I was tolorent with it and I kept on trying it I am very nervous when it comes to things on my face since I do not wear the slitest bit of make up on my face but I think I would use it more if I had a blemish on my face to dry it out and get rid of it since my face. My skin is normal but can be very sensitive at times when I put things on it. I use this on occasions and does a good job but I just think if you don't break out much this isn't the best for you. I have pretty good skin so I have two bottles of this and have barely use a quarter of the first! It does last a while I must say. I may get my mom o buy me more when I am out but possibly in a smaller quantity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I can understand why this isn't a particularly loved product here on MUA. However, lately it's been the only cleanser to really help my spot prone skin. I went away on holiday, and when I came back my skin looked worse than it had done for ages. After a few days of using this product I could see improvement. I wasn't wowed, but it was an improvement nonetheless. I like the scent as it's quite refreshing, and I like how it foams up. I also have no problems with the packaging - the pump is hygienic. I will totally agree that it's very drying, but for the time being I can put up with this. I'd rather have dry skin than spotty skin! It's not too bad once I've put my moisturiser on.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by tashaj46

Ok, so i just bought this product like, literally, two days ago. Ive used it 2.5 times (once last night, and once just on the nose again after using Biore Blackhead strips, and then once again this morning)

Last night i loved it, kinda, the smell, after a few seconds, began to stink so bad! I think it was just because it was overpowering. My face got clean but i think it dried my skin out a touch so i had to put more moisturizer on it.

Then this morning!! After washing my face i hurt so bad. The wash dried out my skin and every time i touched it is stung. I put my normal face stuff on anyways and it eventually went away. Now, well about two hours ago, i noticed that my neck, right at my jaw and earlobe was itching horribly! i ignored it until my boyfriend pointed it out. i put some anit itch cream on it but it hasnt stopped hurting or itching yet. then about an hour later the other side of my neck started itching, in the same spot as the other side.

After looking around i noticed that a lot of people are having problems with this. DONT use it! Please. and if you have something funky going on with your face but think its still working and plan to continue using it, DONT!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by puddles987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i seen the commercial for this product and thought it would work. i like neutrigina a lot and it smelled so good. i only used it one time but while i was putting it on my face my face started feeling itchy and my pimple started burning a little. i only used it once so maybe it's just something i never tried before and my face reacted to it. we'll see...