October 24, 2014 | 1807 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by sandybabii

I bought this as I needed a new cleanser and it looked quite promising. But sooo disappointed! Firstly the pump didn't work so I had to open the bottle and it was just messy. After 2 uses my skin was irritated, red and patchy. It's been a day already and my skin still hasn't recovered. I do not recommend anyone use it at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by SyntheticNessa

I was so excited to try this product after seeing the advertisements on TV, and even more so after I smelled how lovely it smells.
However, I have only used this product twice and it already has dried out my skin, and made it patchy, red and itchy. I only had a mild case of acne and sensitive skin, and I must say this really does NOT help.
I guess I'll go back to my organic Lush products and Cetaphil. What a waste of $13.. thanks Vanessa Hudgens.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by alee26

I brought this because I have oily skin that is fairly prone to acne so thought it would be good. Except it made my skin even worse! It left my skin red and irritable and I think I broke out even more after using this product! UGH!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by ariannalynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite facial cleanser. I've used Neutrogena for a long time, and when I found out that there was a better-scented version, I switched. This stuff smells really nice, and wakes me up in the morning. Neutrogena is the best drugstore brand for clear skin, my dermatologist recommends it all the time. I have to use a prescription topical treatment in order to keep my skin clear, and using this wash, my prescription, and Neutrogena moisturizer, my skin looks great. I'll repurchase this again and again!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by augusta23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

something good, something good,hmmmm....
it smells nice. other than that, this cleanser sucks. it is extremely drying for my combination skin, and did not help my mild ance. can't imagine it working for someone with moderate acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by jstrazishar

This just didn't amaze me. It smelled nice and comes in a nice pump bottle, but it didn't leave my skin feeling extremely clean, and didn't help clear up my acne at all, or even to prevent it. I just wasn't overly impressed with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by sorandomgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this cleanser. No other cleansers work on my oily skin. But this is the only one who cleared up my face more and I can see that it has removed blackheads from my chin and I've only been using it for a couple of weeks! I recommend this product, I quite like it. I still get pimples and stuff but I have oily skin and since I'm a teenager I do get pimples.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by DrZoidberg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think that if you believe that a cleanser can clear your acne, you're probably desperate, and I was when I bought this! I was going through a pretty bad acne breakout and thought this would help. But really it doesn't do a lot.

Pros:
-- pretty sure I checked and this is sulfate free. This is rare and awesome to find in an acne cleanser! Sulfates can be quite harsh and they aggravate my dermatitis.
-- BHA in it to fight acne.
-- convenient pump packaging.
-- pretty pink gel with citrusy fragrance.

Cons:
-- doesn't clear acne because you rinse it off right away. You can try leaving it on the skin for a minute or more but even so, my results were not miraculous.
-- too drying to use daily. I recommend using this a few times a week only.
-- possibly too pink and girly for boys to use? lol

Overall - not that great. Give it a miss unless you're mega oily.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

Way too drying, my daughter's skin was starting to look like parchment paper. To go thru the bottle I use it as hand wash in the kitchen.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by aliawilk123

I love this stuff. I have sensetive combination skin that likes to break out. I am a server and in college, and the combination of being in a hot oily kitched and stress from classes really does a number on my skin. I've been using this for three weeks, and the tone and texure of my skin has improved dramatically. All my whiteheads are gone! It smells great. I love this stuff.

It can be a little drying, but if you have a good moisturizer (like any of the aveeno products), you should be fine. It also contains many plant extracts besides grapefruit, so if you have sensitivities to any of those, you might get red spots, but it's not common. I tend to use it once a day, or every other day when my skin is congested, and I use it with a facial brush or a little baking soda. Overall, a great product if you need something to clear up and occasional breakout.