Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

Please do not be fooled by the wonderful colour and delicious smell. This product is extremely drying. On the first application I found that it stung my skin and stripped it of all its natural oils leaving it feeling extremely tight and flaky. After a few uses I don't find any difference in acne but I also found that I did not break out from it either. I bought this product for $15 from woolworths and was considerably more expensive than the other cleansers which were around $10.

on 6/2/2011 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

There is no doubt that this wash smells amazing and is very refreshing. However, I'm not so sure how much it really did for my skin. It definitely left it clean and it felt soft straight after using the product however afterwards it was always awfully dry and there were flaky patches over my cheeks. The product did keep my skin clear but dried it out too much which then resulted in blemishes!

on 6/2/2011 11:55:00 AM

the only thing i like about it is its scent...or else...i hate it! it made my skin extra dry n flaky! =\

on 6/2/2011 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product didn't work well for me. Made me break out bad! I ended up throwing it away after just a couple uses. would NOT recommend

on 6/2/2011 11:34:00 AM

I liked the scent of the product, but it made my face break out horribly.

on 5/28/2011 1:36:00 PM

Horrible and drying product. The only redeeming quality is the color and maybe the scent, but I'd rather get those from a bottle of grapefruit juice. Actually made my breakouts worse too.

on 5/26/2011 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am a fan of the original oil free acne wash, as well as the calming version, and I figured I'd give this a shot - mostly because I was curious about the fragrance. As it turns out, the fragrance is my deal breaker for this particular version of the cleanser.

This cleanser is able to take off all of my makeup, though is still non-drying. It also seems to help keep my skin at least a bit clearer, but doesn't help in a way that deserves rave reviews with my mild yet persistent acne. The smell, like I said, is what has turned me off to the product -- it's plastic-y and unappealing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I saw this at the store and figured since I love grapefruit scented products and have no problems with Neutrogena's salicylic acid Pads, I decided to try it. It has a great scent, it has a lot of slip and lathers up a lot. It takes off all my make up (IDK about waterproof though), but I made the mistake of letting it sit on my skin while I went at it with a Clarisonic Mia. MISTAKE! Talk about burning - I made sure not to do THAT again! On the PLUS side, I did some 'excavating' on my forehead (went on a little zit-popping frenzy) but didn't have any spot stuff to calm the redness and irritation, so I just washed my face with this stuff. Usually for me, the next day after an episode like that, I'll have a sore face and red spots everywhere. But not with this! HUGE score! Though I don't use this to wash my face every night (I have a fear of thinning out my skin from overuse of AHA & BHAs), I have found that it is affective for calming my skin when I have mini breakouts. I didn't noticed any difference in improvement of skin texture/tone when I was using it regularly, but that's okay since now I just use it to calm breakouts.

on 5/16/2011 2:54:00 PM

I love love love this facial cleanser! I have terrible acne-prone/oily skin and I bought this a while ago at Walmart when they had it on sale. It's normally almost six bux around here, therefore I can't get it too often. But boy, this tube of cleanser lasted me at least two months, and I usually run out in 3-4 weeks. This stuff was AMAZING. It smelled so yummy and fresh, woke me up, and made me feel super refreshed and clean. It did help with my skin bunches, which most cleansers fail to do. My skin was clearer, less oily, and I didn't get pimples as much. A+++ cleanser, I just wish it were a bit cheaper so I could buy it more often!

on 5/16/2011 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite aspect of this face was was the smell. I'm in love with anything that smells like citrus! It did a pretty good job as far as cleansing my skin- I didn't have any problems with my skin drying or anything like that. However, it really didn't improve (or worsen) my acne. It was just a normal face wash for me. I got through a bottle or two, but I don't bother with it anymore. There's better out there!