Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

on 6/2/2011 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

There is no doubt that this wash smells amazing and is very refreshing. However, I'm not so sure how much it really did for my skin. It definitely left it clean and it felt soft straight after using the product however afterwards it was always awfully dry and there were flaky patches over my cheeks. The product did keep my skin clear but dried it out too much which then resulted in blemishes!

on 6/2/2011 11:55:00 AM

the only thing i like about it is its scent...or else...i hate it! it made my skin extra dry n flaky! =\

on 6/2/2011 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product didn't work well for me. Made me break out bad! I ended up throwing it away after just a couple uses. would NOT recommend

on 6/2/2011 11:34:00 AM

I liked the scent of the product, but it made my face break out horribly.

on 5/28/2011 1:36:00 PM

Horrible and drying product. The only redeeming quality is the color and maybe the scent, but I'd rather get those from a bottle of grapefruit juice. Actually made my breakouts worse too.

on 5/26/2011 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am a fan of the original oil free acne wash, as well as the calming version, and I figured I'd give this a shot - mostly because I was curious about the fragrance. As it turns out, the fragrance is my deal breaker for this particular version of the cleanser.

This cleanser is able to take off all of my makeup, though is still non-drying. It also seems to help keep my skin at least a bit clearer, but doesn't help in a way that deserves rave reviews with my mild yet persistent acne. The smell, like I said, is what has turned me off to the product -- it's plastic-y and unappealing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I saw this at the store and figured since I love grapefruit scented products and have no problems with Neutrogena's salicylic acid Pads, I decided to try it. It has a great scent, it has a lot of slip and lathers up a lot. It takes off all my make up (IDK about waterproof though), but I made the mistake of letting it sit on my skin while I went at it with a Clarisonic Mia. MISTAKE! Talk about burning - I made sure not to do THAT again! On the PLUS side, I did some 'excavating' on my forehead (went on a little zit-popping frenzy) but didn't have any spot stuff to calm the redness and irritation, so I just washed my face with this stuff. Usually for me, the next day after an episode like that, I'll have a sore face and red spots everywhere. But not with this! HUGE score! Though I don't use this to wash my face every night (I have a fear of thinning out my skin from overuse of AHA & BHAs), I have found that it is affective for calming my skin when I have mini breakouts. I didn't noticed any difference in improvement of skin texture/tone when I was using it regularly, but that's okay since now I just use it to calm breakouts.

on 5/16/2011 2:54:00 PM

I love love love this facial cleanser! I have terrible acne-prone/oily skin and I bought this a while ago at Walmart when they had it on sale. It's normally almost six bux around here, therefore I can't get it too often. But boy, this tube of cleanser lasted me at least two months, and I usually run out in 3-4 weeks. This stuff was AMAZING. It smelled so yummy and fresh, woke me up, and made me feel super refreshed and clean. It did help with my skin bunches, which most cleansers fail to do. My skin was clearer, less oily, and I didn't get pimples as much. A+++ cleanser, I just wish it were a bit cheaper so I could buy it more often!

on 5/16/2011 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite aspect of this face was was the smell. I'm in love with anything that smells like citrus! It did a pretty good job as far as cleansing my skin- I didn't have any problems with my skin drying or anything like that. However, it really didn't improve (or worsen) my acne. It was just a normal face wash for me. I got through a bottle or two, but I don't bother with it anymore. There's better out there!

I wish I'd read the reviews before buying this. It was on sale at priceline and was willing to give this a go in collaboration with my Cetaphil (cetaphil at morning, neutrogena at night).

I decided that I would use it only once a day at first, to avoid drying out my skin just in case. The first time I used it, I liked it - the citrus-y smell and the fresh feeling of rinsing it off with cool water felt really nice. My (oily, blemish-prone) skin felt properly clean and smooth after using it, and the next day I woke up with no new pimples. I figured that this was a great sign and continued using it once a day (at night, after wearing makeup all day) for 2 more days. Then i started noticing my skin tone becoming more pinkish. Then red. After just those first couple of days, my skin began to get a really rough, sand-papery texture and was feeling very irritated. I stopped usage as soon as these effects became prominent. I haven't used it for three days now and my skin is still recovering from the rash-like reaction, and my skin texture is slowly improving. I've had to slather on Aloe Vera gel, and use my Jurlique intense recovery face mask and apply a lot of Dermalogica eye cream to get my skin back to a semi-alright state and to prevent flaking. I can't understand why this happened, I honestly don't think I've reacted this badly to a product before. I don't think anybody's skin is oily enough for the kind of stripping this product causes. It didn't only dry my skin, but made it red, itchy. Even around my eyes it's red and dry and I didnt even apply the facial cleanser directly over my eye area when I was washing my face. What a waste of money, and a horrible product for the skin. I don't think I'd even trust to use this product once a week.