April 16, 2014 | 1128 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by kl87

I brought this product when it was on sale at Priceline thinknig that with how great some of Neutrogena's other products are this one would be too. I was wrong. I wish I checked on here first for reviews like I normally do. I would have saved myself some money.

I should firstly say my skin is semi-sensitive and not overly greasy but of late I have been getting a few small pimples on my forehead I wanted to try get rid of. Hence the trial of this product.

The first couple of days the product worked well, it removed my make up, cleared my skin a little and all seemed well. I then came on here and read the reviews, the ones I read worried me a little but I thought I would keep using the product since it seemed to be working well so far.

I was wrong. Day 3 I used it I saw break outs on my forehead and just below my nose (a place I NEVER get pimples). Hoping they would go away I used it again the 4th day, they got worse - again I never get pimples that big and red. The 5th day I started to get dry patches on my nose. I still moisutisered day and night (I should mention I used this product day and night too).

The only semi postive thing I can offer about this product is the smell, which to start was nice but then reminded me of a detergent and the packaging being clear was handy to see how much had been used, the pump is good if you never intended for the product to leave your bathroom once open.

Overall I am really disappointed in this product. What's left is going into the bin and I will never repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by asilanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for years, meanwhile changing it up between this and other cleansers, it smells just like grapefruit (suprise suprise)
and i have no problem with that. it has salicylic acid which helos with acne and i have had a few more breakouts lately than i ever have in my entire life. it doesnt leave my skin entirely dry but i also dont think its moisturizing, i wonder if it strips the face of nautral oils due to the chemicals because its an ACNE wash which tends to be as bit more harsh due to the chemicals on the skin. I dont think the changes in my skin are drastic and i cant say it makes my acne disappear because i still have little breakouts here and there despite using this daily. overall i would say that with the salicylic acid, it is probably keeping my skin problems at bay versus getting worse with no treatment. i think i buy it more because of the price which is bad, i have to research better cleanser for dry/ocassional acne type skin and this will perhaps be replaced.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by jdcole1106

I have very mild acne....break out a couple of times a month. I started using this product and it cleared up immediately! I have used this for the last 3 weeks and have had no issues with pimples at all. It does DRY your skin out a lot so moisturizing is a must after washing! Highly recommend for people with mild cases of acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Torquil190

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not the best product ive ever used, doesnt smell very good at all, my bf and i think it smells like armpit actually...
It uses a mild soap so it doesnt clean very well but ot doesnt overdry, just enough to get the pimples gone.
Ive been using the grapefruit line for about a year, but im done when this bottle is up.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ncsugrl09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ugh, I wanted to love this product so bad as I was looking for a medicated face cleanser to help with mild acne. I have semi-sensitive, normal to combination skin (just oily on my chin). This cleanser made me break out on my chin even worse than what I had before.

I have a bunch of little bumps from this and had to layer foundation and concealer today just to look normal. I know it was this product too because I just switched to this and have never had my chin feel like this.

It does smell nice though and does clean your face/removes remnants of makeup. I just can't use it because it apparently breaks me out more! :(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2011 More reviews by fallenoffwings

This product smells amazing. Initially, it left my face feeling soft, clear and refreshened. Unfortunately, the first time, it left my neck, specifically the pulse points, feeling itchy; which I found unusual considering I only used it on my face, but I dismissed it. I used it twice the next day; once in the morning, once at night. The next day, I discovered I had an allergic reaction. My neck, jawline, cheeks and temples became red, itchy and bumpy. It wasn't overly inflamed nor did it cause any subsequent breakouts. Thankfully, I cleared this up with some rash cream which took it away within a few hours. I was pretty disappointed, because it felt like it was working. I guess it could work for some people, but if you have allergic reactions to this type of product, I wouldn't take the risk.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by shenrikson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product on and off for about 2 years or so. I have really oily skin, so it helped keep the oil under control and it cleared up my face within no time. However, in winter I found that it dried out my skin really bad, so I had to switch. However, I have not been able to find a product since that works as well as this does. I recommend it if you have oily, acne prone skin, and then I recommend using a really good moisturizer with it to make sure that your skin stays hydrated.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this wash because i had previously purchased the original oil free acne wash which has that orange color and i could not stand the smell. So i got this one, thinking maybe this one would be better. Which it is, the smell is good, it kept my skin clear, but it also did what the other wash had done to my skin and that was dry it out. My skin was always so dry afterwards, which is really strange because i have very oily skin and ive never had a wash do this to me, never thought anything would dry out my oily skin actually lol. I cant recommend this wash because for someone with sensitive skin, im sure this might irritate your skin and for someone with normal skin this most likely will dry out your skin and for someone with oily skin, it might also dry out your skin like it did to me. I dont really know who this wash would work for. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Saraahxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It worked and kept my skin clear, etc. but it makes your skin very dry.
I don't think I would buy it again.. But it left my skin smelling great!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by CassieRaee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So, this product isn't my favorite but it smells reallllly goood.

I just recently tried this product, It makes my face a little to dry

but it also makes it feel really fresh and clean .

I would definitely buy this product again in the future .