July 30, 2014 | 1921 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Dancer1279

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just used this product maybe an hour ago on my face... My face is sooo dry. I used it last night also and when I woke up, I had reddness all over my face! When I put it on an hour ago I didn't think it was what made that reddness. But now I know this was it. It smells amazing, looks like it works, but I have a soreness feeling on my face and my WHOLE face is completelydry and my skin is starting to peel. I do NOT reccomend this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by SatineMoulinRouge

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My mom got me this in a tube I love the smell! But it did dry my skin quite a bit. I was tolorent with it and I kept on trying it I am very nervous when it comes to things on my face since I do not wear the slitest bit of make up on my face but I think I would use it more if I had a blemish on my face to dry it out and get rid of it since my face. My skin is normal but can be very sensitive at times when I put things on it. I use this on occasions and does a good job but I just think if you don't break out much this isn't the best for you. I have pretty good skin so I have two bottles of this and have barely use a quarter of the first! It does last a while I must say. I may get my mom o buy me more when I am out but possibly in a smaller quantity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I can understand why this isn't a particularly loved product here on MUA. However, lately it's been the only cleanser to really help my spot prone skin. I went away on holiday, and when I came back my skin looked worse than it had done for ages. After a few days of using this product I could see improvement. I wasn't wowed, but it was an improvement nonetheless. I like the scent as it's quite refreshing, and I like how it foams up. I also have no problems with the packaging - the pump is hygienic. I will totally agree that it's very drying, but for the time being I can put up with this. I'd rather have dry skin than spotty skin! It's not too bad once I've put my moisturiser on.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by tashaj46

Ok, so i just bought this product like, literally, two days ago. Ive used it 2.5 times (once last night, and once just on the nose again after using Biore Blackhead strips, and then once again this morning)

Last night i loved it, kinda, the smell, after a few seconds, began to stink so bad! I think it was just because it was overpowering. My face got clean but i think it dried my skin out a touch so i had to put more moisturizer on it.

Then this morning!! After washing my face i hurt so bad. The wash dried out my skin and every time i touched it is stung. I put my normal face stuff on anyways and it eventually went away. Now, well about two hours ago, i noticed that my neck, right at my jaw and earlobe was itching horribly! i ignored it until my boyfriend pointed it out. i put some anit itch cream on it but it hasnt stopped hurting or itching yet. then about an hour later the other side of my neck started itching, in the same spot as the other side.

After looking around i noticed that a lot of people are having problems with this. DONT use it! Please. and if you have something funky going on with your face but think its still working and plan to continue using it, DONT!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by puddles987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i seen the commercial for this product and thought it would work. i like neutrigina a lot and it smelled so good. i only used it one time but while i was putting it on my face my face started feeling itchy and my pimple started burning a little. i only used it once so maybe it's just something i never tried before and my face reacted to it. we'll see...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by briana90

I bought this product to help get rid of the black heads on my nose. I don't really suffer from bad acne, i do however get the occasional pimple. I bought this product because most of the other neutrogena products were very promising. But not even after one day of using this product my skin completely broke out with little whiteheads all over my entire face!! my skin is now rough dry and scaly. which i have never had before in my life! please use this product with caution and if you do not suffer from serious acne i would not advise you to use this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by jexxica269

Let me begin by saying that the smell was the only good thing about this product. I really regretted buying this product after waking up to my face having little white heads ALL OVER, not to mention they were painful and I felt like I just had an acid peel, after my first use the morning/night before. Now, I had moderate acne at the time, mainly in the hallows of my cheeks, this made it SEVERE! I have never had a reaction like this EVER and I have used many products with all different ingredients.

After reading other reviews, I know I am not alone in having such a weird reaction.

I will never purchase this product again and I absolutely DO NOT recommended it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by kl87

I brought this product when it was on sale at Priceline thinknig that with how great some of Neutrogena's other products are this one would be too. I was wrong. I wish I checked on here first for reviews like I normally do. I would have saved myself some money.

I should firstly say my skin is semi-sensitive and not overly greasy but of late I have been getting a few small pimples on my forehead I wanted to try get rid of. Hence the trial of this product.

The first couple of days the product worked well, it removed my make up, cleared my skin a little and all seemed well. I then came on here and read the reviews, the ones I read worried me a little but I thought I would keep using the product since it seemed to be working well so far.

I was wrong. Day 3 I used it I saw break outs on my forehead and just below my nose (a place I NEVER get pimples). Hoping they would go away I used it again the 4th day, they got worse - again I never get pimples that big and red. The 5th day I started to get dry patches on my nose. I still moisutisered day and night (I should mention I used this product day and night too).

The only semi postive thing I can offer about this product is the smell, which to start was nice but then reminded me of a detergent and the packaging being clear was handy to see how much had been used, the pump is good if you never intended for the product to leave your bathroom once open.

Overall I am really disappointed in this product. What's left is going into the bin and I will never repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by asilanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for years, meanwhile changing it up between this and other cleansers, it smells just like grapefruit (suprise suprise)
and i have no problem with that. it has salicylic acid which helos with acne and i have had a few more breakouts lately than i ever have in my entire life. it doesnt leave my skin entirely dry but i also dont think its moisturizing, i wonder if it strips the face of nautral oils due to the chemicals because its an ACNE wash which tends to be as bit more harsh due to the chemicals on the skin. I dont think the changes in my skin are drastic and i cant say it makes my acne disappear because i still have little breakouts here and there despite using this daily. overall i would say that with the salicylic acid, it is probably keeping my skin problems at bay versus getting worse with no treatment. i think i buy it more because of the price which is bad, i have to research better cleanser for dry/ocassional acne type skin and this will perhaps be replaced.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by jdcole1106

I have very mild acne....break out a couple of times a month. I started using this product and it cleared up immediately! I have used this for the last 3 weeks and have had no issues with pimples at all. It does DRY your skin out a lot so moisturizing is a must after washing! Highly recommend for people with mild cases of acne.