November 21, 2014 | 1637 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by rachelb140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was the second MAC product that I had ever purchased. Prior to this product, I had bought the mineralize skinfinish natural. I loved the consistency of the powder so I decided that I wanted to try something similar, but in liquid form. After I got home with it, I immediately wanted to try it. At first, I was skeptical. I had read other reviews of it breaking people out. I am at the age of acne, but fortunately was blessed with pretty skin but sometimes, still get the occasional breakout. I tried this product at night and the next morning woke up with zits! At this point, I was turned off by the product and regretting ever purchasing. I decided to give it another try about a week later and haven't had any problems with it. It goes on great and looks very natural with buildable coverage. I think that I might've been a little paranoid after reading other reviews about the breakouts. The only downfall of this foundation is the smell, which is noticeable on the face. The price kinda sucks too but you get what you pay for! I will definitely consider purchasing again!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by MacVictim

Im not really sure if I like this product or not, I only wear it on nights out and the coverage is fantastic! It's so easy to apply with my MAC 187 brush and glides onto my skin flawlessly. However I really hate "dewy" looks and this makes my skin look wet and greasy. Also I find it makes alot of mess when I apply it and be warned don't get it on any clothes as it will stain! But I bought it so im gonna use it lol although I doubt i'll buy this foundation again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by MissMoofy

I love this foundation! I have normal to dry skin and other foundations really dry me out. I tried the Select (too matte!) and the Studio Sculpt (too heavy for me) with no success. The Satinfinish is perfect for me. I have quite good skin so I only like light coverage at best, and it gives me a really nice glow. I like the consistency of it a lot as well, it's basically the perfect foundation for me! It gives the effect of my skin but a bit better. :P I would (and will) happily re-buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 6:42:00 AM More reviews by andreacaracortada

This one was the worst ever foundation. I have combination skin, am quite pale. It is a very discreet foundation, good for someone that doesn;t really need coverage, but just a bit of colour. The worst though is that it is chalky. It doesn;t really glide on, is not seamless. I won;t be buying it again and I feel sorry I spend 20 pounds on it. It is just sitting on my desk.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by mgdxxi

This was my first foundation from MAC. At the store, the rep did me up and I was totally satisfied with it. Only later I felt greasy, looked oily and my face felt tight. I thought it was due to the weather. Later that week, I tried putting it on my self with all the same products (I gave in & bought everything) and did not get the same results. My face looked irritated and because it hid the redness, I looked blotchy, bumpy and greasy. Returned it after 4 different attempts to recreate what the MAC girl did the first time. Definitely not for oily or combination skin. My face broke out after trying to use this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by fetish15

I'm new to make up and I was looking for a pretty sheer foundation as I don't like heavy coverage for daytime. I got few bumps on forehead and some redness around my nose. I don't have scars, pimples.. although it's not smooth and flawless at least I don't have much problem to cover ;)

so I went to MAC and the SA recommended this to me. She said the coverage was medium-builadable. It's pretty sheer depends on how you applied it. It also contains minerals in it so it's good for your skin, that's how she explained.

I liked this foundation, it evens out my skin tone but you definitely need concealer for your under-eye circles. I use this this with #187 and I loveee the result. Usually after I applied this and concealer, I dusted some loose powder to set it.
    The downside of this is lack of staying power and sebum control. My nose gets shiny after a couple hours and in the evening I can see the foundation faded slightly. But may be this can be handled by using primer underneath.
    This is an OK foundation but not the best. There are many greater foundations out there.
    so yeah, I'm still looking for my HG foundation~

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 7:31:00 AM More reviews by macholic

This is my fav foundaiton so far. It gives a really nice glow, i feel like no need to use highlighter after this. (Im NC 15) Unlike some other foundation products, this one isn't as dry which is one of the most important things when u looking for a foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Bubica70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was fobbed off on me as the substitute for the now-discontinued Hyper Real. Though I love the glowy look (read healthy and natural!) this is much too viscous to give any kind of natural effect. I rubbed, I blended, I peered...all I was left with was a gummy mess. I have found, however, that the day can be saved by diluting the product with a good quality moisturizer. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by criz46

i like the fact that it comes with a pump but you have to clean it every time otherwise it will turn messy. Although it has glitter its not very noticeable, its a sheer foundation and it adds a luminous glow, i recommend it to people with good skin. By the way i've been using it for two weeks now and so far I haven't got any breakouts. Will edit if I do.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 8:15:00 AM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Coverage was great... probably too good, because it left my skin looking very fake and caked on. Coverage is thick, you can see it and you can feel it. I feel that that amount is unnecessary, even if you have skin that needs coverage. There are definitely foundations out there that can offer you amazing coverage that looks natural without being caked on. Thus, to me this product is very unnecessary.