Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

I bought this product in the hopes it would make my skin super-soft. It took hours to absorb and I hated the smell. Any regular body lotion works way better.

on 6/7/2004 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use this on the ends of my super-dry, super-frizzy hair and it really makes my hair look healthy! It works better than any de-frizzing serum! Bilosilk Silk Therapy IS a good product, but Baby Oil just seems easier and much less expensive.

on 5/30/2004 5:13:00 PM

I love using the J&J Aloe baby oil while still wet out of the shower. I just wish they had an unscented version. Also, I prefer a flip top or maybe a pump?
Nothing works better for super soft skin, especially after shaving too!

on 5/30/2004 4:09:00 PM

I cannot rave enough about this. I've been using this for over 2 years and it always keeps my skin soft and moisturized-better than any other body lotions I've used. After having a shower when my skin is still damp I apply this and am good to go for 24 hours. I won't ever buy a body lotion again.

on 5/12/2004 5:04:00 PM

This may be almost identical to my review of the gel. Love this stuff so much to moisturize after a shower...other oils work initially but I end up dry at the end of the day. Not with this product. Love the fragrance variations too (chammomile, lavendar, though aloe just smells like baby oil.) And it's a multi-purpose item, as it makes a great oily eye makeup remover, bath oil, etc...

on 4/25/2004 2:38:00 PM

This is a tried and true product. Baby oil is great for removing makeup, putting on while still damp out of the shower, and for tanning in the sun (no spf in it however). It is just basic mineral oil that is scented. Everyone should keep a bottle of this in their bathroom because it is a great all around product that can be used for so many things.

on 4/15/2004 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

What can I say that hasn't been already said? This stuff is great, mix half-in-half of water and oil- shake and remove all nasty traces of eye-makeup. Smooth on bod right after a shower and your silky soft all day long! But my fav. thing about baby oil is that scent- so comforting! When I first went with my boy friend he nuzzled his nose right in my neck and said, "God you smell good!" Guys love this stuff. Update: no longer use as I've found J&J do animal testing. Have switched to a natural substitute.

on 4/6/2004 11:33:00 PM

Would I buy this again? Yes, because somehow it works well helping keep moisture on my very dry skin after a shower, even though mineral oil does not seem to be something that works for everyone. However, this review is for the regular scented version. The Regular scent turns bad,sharp and musty, especially on a hot day. I can not stand the smell of the regular version on other people. Others may like this, though. All this scent stuff is relative. I prefer the lavender version, but I never detected the lavender on another person to see of it smells good from a sniffer's point of view as opposed to liking the smell as the wearer-a "sniffee" :)

on 3/22/2004 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Uggh.. it's pure mineral oil. Doesn't absorb into the skin. Sits on top and clogs pores. The only reason I'm rating it a 2 is b/c it's so darn good at removing eye make-up. I won't use it though. Not on my face and certainly not on a baby's delicate skin.

on 3/11/2004 1:06:00 PM

Now this is a staple that's been around my home for years & years.I can't live w/o this!
I like to sprinkle a few drops of this in my tub when I'm having a relaxing soak.
It's also the only thing I can use to remove wax product when I do my at home waxing. :_O
Handy for a plethora of beauty essentials,this is a product that will be around for years to come.
Love it!!! :_)