Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 5/12/2004 5:04:00 PM

This may be almost identical to my review of the gel. Love this stuff so much to moisturize after a shower...other oils work initially but I end up dry at the end of the day. Not with this product. Love the fragrance variations too (chammomile, lavendar, though aloe just smells like baby oil.) And it's a multi-purpose item, as it makes a great oily eye makeup remover, bath oil, etc...

on 4/25/2004 2:38:00 PM

This is a tried and true product. Baby oil is great for removing makeup, putting on while still damp out of the shower, and for tanning in the sun (no spf in it however). It is just basic mineral oil that is scented. Everyone should keep a bottle of this in their bathroom because it is a great all around product that can be used for so many things.

on 4/15/2004 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

What can I say that hasn't been already said? This stuff is great, mix half-in-half of water and oil- shake and remove all nasty traces of eye-makeup. Smooth on bod right after a shower and your silky soft all day long! But my fav. thing about baby oil is that scent- so comforting! When I first went with my boy friend he nuzzled his nose right in my neck and said, "God you smell good!" Guys love this stuff. Update: no longer use as I've found J&J do animal testing. Have switched to a natural substitute.

on 4/6/2004 11:33:00 PM

Would I buy this again? Yes, because somehow it works well helping keep moisture on my very dry skin after a shower, even though mineral oil does not seem to be something that works for everyone. However, this review is for the regular scented version. The Regular scent turns bad,sharp and musty, especially on a hot day. I can not stand the smell of the regular version on other people. Others may like this, though. All this scent stuff is relative. I prefer the lavender version, but I never detected the lavender on another person to see of it smells good from a sniffer's point of view as opposed to liking the smell as the wearer-a "sniffee" :)

on 3/22/2004 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Uggh.. it's pure mineral oil. Doesn't absorb into the skin. Sits on top and clogs pores. The only reason I'm rating it a 2 is b/c it's so darn good at removing eye make-up. I won't use it though. Not on my face and certainly not on a baby's delicate skin.

on 3/11/2004 1:06:00 PM

Now this is a staple that's been around my home for years & years.I can't live w/o this!
I like to sprinkle a few drops of this in my tub when I'm having a relaxing soak.
It's also the only thing I can use to remove wax product when I do my at home waxing. :_O
Handy for a plethora of beauty essentials,this is a product that will be around for years to come.
Love it!!! :_)

on 3/9/2004 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good basic oil for sealing in moisture. Love the smell of the regular baby oil and the bedtime oil. I apply it after bathing while still in the shower. Problem: when the bottle gets oily (and it always does) I have a lot of trouble opening the child-proof cap.

on 3/6/2004 9:23:00 PM

I love this b/c it has ssoo many purposes. I put a little drop or two in with my shampoo to give it some shine, use it to take off my mascara, and love to put it on my feet and then throw socks on for a few hours. I also love the new smells they have now like Vanilla, Chamomile, and Lavender. The bottles are better too b/c they tend to not get so greasy after a while of using them.

on 2/28/2004 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love how effective J&J baby oil is in removing eye makeup. I have spent a small fortune on high end removers then changed tack and gone for drugstore removers but always come back to J&J. It's cheap, gentle, smells nice & does the job!!

on 2/20/2004 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For those that are sun goddesses like myself this is a jewel! If your skin tans easily this is the best tanning product to use. It doesn't offer any SPF though. When I was in the Carribean last year, soooooo many ppl on the beach were asking me what I was using to achieve such a beautiful tan. well i know it was the carribean but this DEF. kicked it up a few notches!

Popular Body Skincare Products