Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

on 10/2/2005 2:04:00 PM

I bought this in plum velvet at CVS. It was in a clearance bin for $1. This shows up a light brown not plum. It was very,very hard and I had to go over my eyelid many times. I would not repurchase.

This is the only black eyeliner I ever use. I have it in black onyx and if you really want that rocker, smokey eye look then this is perfect! It's the blackest eyeliner I've ever used & I think it looks hot. The only thing is it does tend to apply kind of messy but I think that's what gives the rocker look. It's not supposed to look flawless. Sometimes it gets into the corners of my eye but that's no big deal and completely understandable so I just wipe it out. Basically, I love this and I highly recommend it!

this is my favorite eyeliner ever! i have it in brown and black and both of the colors blend great. i love that it comes with it's own smudger to get that smokey look. this is the ONLY eyeliner i buy and it's cheap! perfect!

on 8/18/2005 11:54:00 PM

I have bought this eyeliner a lot! I have it in Black Onyx, Charcoal, and Star Lighting, and I love each and every one of them because they apply easily, cleanly, and last! Definatly hooked on this stuff!

Gives me nice clean dramatic line with black onyx, Love it! Smudges after a while but I don't mind reapplying, I like applying eye liner any way hahaha. Very smooth and it doesn't tug at all!!!

on 7/21/2005 12:58:00 PM

I've been trying to find good eyeliners without spending money, so I thought I'd give the Cover Girl ones a shot. I picked up Black Onyx and Espresso. Overall, I'd say they were just average. It applied so-so, and stayed on for a decent amount of time. Still, there are better alternatives out there for both more and less money.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have found my hg liner. I have this in charcoal and OMG! I now can do the smokey eye easily w/ one thing. I've had this for a while, and just rediscovered it. beautiful texture; not so wonderful staying power.you can control the intesity w/ this, too. excellent 4 cg.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this yesterday and used it the first time this morning. I got Espresso, which is a rich brown. I decided to try brown noow for a while to see if it warms my compliments my green eyes and fair skin any better and it does seem to. I've used black liquid liner for years but something about it just doesn't look right to me. My eyes look tired and dull, and the dark, coolness of the black seemed to wash me out more. But not with this, it does look a lot better. The product itself is pretty good, it glides on really well, as opposed to some pencils that are hard and you have to rub your lid off just to get the product dark enough to be seen! I haven't had to reapply today, although I did notice a little smudging under my lower lash line by mid-morning. No biggie, but kind of annoying. I will continue to use this daily and will update if anything changes.

Since I've inherited my mom's eyeliner-applying technique (stand there and pile it on like a 5 year old with a crayon) I like something that can keep it's point throughout the abusive application. This more than does the job, not only keeping its point but gliding right on with no pulling or scratching, you can gradient the color to as dark or as light as you want it and the tip wears nicely (a lot of them have a tendency to break even without my type of application). And at $4 for a stick that lasts me at least 3 months, I really can't beat it.

on 3/29/2005 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Next to my Smashbox creme eyeliner, this is my favorite eyeliner! Definitely HG material. I wear this in black. It's soooo easy to apply and looks awesome. I love that it has a softer point. You can keep it soft and subtle or turn it up and make it dramatic and sexy. I love eyeliner and this is definitely my runner up for being my favorite! Goes on smooth, has awesome staying power and doesn't smudge! I'm not usually into Cover Girl products, but I really like this! :)