Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 3/26/2009 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am not impressed with this product what so ever. This does not help control the shine on my face. This did make my skin feel smoother. So I'm fifty fifty on this one =/

on 3/22/2009 11:09:00 PM

it's a good thing i asked for a sample of this at sephora. i heard so much talk about this and thought i'd give it a try. i wasn't too fond of this. it didn't live up to its standards. my foundation didn't last any longer than it would have if i didn't use this primer. i have many acne scars that i hoped this would help make the concealer/powder last over them. but my foundation still faded by the end of the day. i'm definitely going to try out mac's prep and prime

on 3/20/2009 10:36:00 PM

I started using this almost two months ago and it has changed the way I see myself! I have stupid scars along my smile lines that I hate and this product really helps fill them in and blend them. I was using Bare Minerals but I found it came off too easily with my oily skin. After trying this, I checked out Halo Hydrating Powder and was hooked on both! My skin looks so much better. I find the primer protects your skin from the harsh pollutants in the world. I find my skin tone has really improved with the two Smashbox products.

on 3/13/2009 8:20:00 PM

This is my HG face product - I don't leave the house without it! First I apply my day face cream (with SPF) and then I apply this, and before it "sets" I apply my foundation with a foundation brush. My pores look so much smaller and my skin looks so smooth. I find that this product not only allows foundation/blush/highlighter to apply more smoothly but it also keeps them put all day long.

I have also tried this product in the "corrective" green formula but IMO I did not notice much of a difference. You really only need a small amount of this primer, and when applied in a thin layer the green is not concentrated enough to visibly reduce redness.

Additonally, I have tried the CoverFX primer, the QUO primer, the GOSH primer and the Revlon primer, and none work as well as this one.

I will buy over and over and over again!

on 3/13/2009 8:08:00 PM

great stuff, it really smooths out my skin and my friend complimented how soft my skin looked :D

on 2/26/2009 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I can't use the other smashbox primers due to an allergy and in theory this product isn't the one for dry skin like mine. However I absolutely love it! It gives a lovely velvety texture to my skin and provides an excellent makeup base. Really pleased to have found this works for me.

Its a good primer for now. I wouldn't say its the best and I will still be searching for the best primer after I finish this one. I bought this because the normal photo finish primer was to oily for me this definitely wasn't oily at all it just smoothed out my skin but Im not like amazed so I might try something different after I finished the bottle!

on 2/16/2009 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

if you are very oily around your t zone area, this product alone is not enough. I used this product alone before i discovered anti-shine, and my t zone is still shinning after an hour of putting on my makeup. this product and anti-shine together work much better. i already purchased a second bottle.

This product made me breakout so badly. I stopped using it and the acne cleared right up. It does not seem to make that much of a difference in the look or feel of makeup either.

on 2/14/2009 12:18:00 AM

Very impressed with this so far. Will have to see how it holds up in the summer though.

It's light, non-greasy, and does that it says. I was skeptical but bout it at the advice of the BE gal at my Ulta. I'm glad I did.

Everything irritates my skin so I'm surprised I can use this, but I can.

Wish it was less expensive. I hope the bottle lasts a long time (I think it will and I don't wear MU every day) because I can't afford to drop that much very often.

Popular Primer/ Correctors