November 28, 2014 | 1014 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by tan0h0lic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

After reading a page of reviews, I HAD to try this as a toner! I soaked a cotton ball with lemon juice (just from a bottle) and rubbed it all over my face. I didn't get much stinging like some have described. Nothing big at all. My skin was nice and smooth. An hour later, I took a look in the mirror and noticed my blackheads on my nose and chin seemed to "rise" to the top. Excited (sad/icky I know!) i went into my cabinet and slapped a Biore strip on my nose and one on my chin. I don't get many when I do it but I got an astounding amount out (and I do this regularly - using biore strips.) I attribute it to the Lemon juice! I am going to keep using this and see how it does for my acne scars. Just based on the fact of how well it loosened up the junk in my pores, I have HIGH hopes for this.. And its so friggen cheap and you get a huge bottle. Try this, you really have nothing to lose!!! If it doesn't work you can always use the LJ to make a lemon pepper chicken marinate! :) hehe

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love home skin-care remedies, so I was quite excited to try lemon juice as a toner. I've been using it for about two weeks now, and my skin looks great! I pick and poke at my skin mercilessly, and lemon juice really helps my skin heal up faster. I also haven't had any major breakouts since using it, which is quite fabulous. I've also noticed that it's making my skin paler, which is fine with me; I'm naturally pretty porcelain and I feel like the lemon juice is refining my skin color. I'll definitely keep using it - it beats out witch hazel as my HG toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by EmilyLynG

I drink a glass of lemon water in the morning & one at night to help purify/cleanse. It really does make a HUGE difference. It takes a little getting used to though (really strong at 1st & may upset your stomach, but that means its getting toxins out)! It's also really great for naturally lightening up the skin & exfoliating the skin. I always rub the left over lemons on my hands to keep them younger looking!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by 3littopigs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is so good. I read what other people wrote and i decided to try it. i was seriously really amazed by what a simple lemon can do to your skin. My skin has left over acne red spots on it and now i used it for like one day and its fading already. It is cheap and easy to use. Even tho it stings it is still totally worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading a post on the skincare board about using lemon juice to treat hyperpigmentation, I decided to try it since there was nothing to lose but a lemon and some time.

They key component in lemon juice is the citric acid, which is one of many α-hydroxy acids. AHAs are known to diminish cellular cohesion between corneocytes at the lowest levels of the stratum corneum resulting in smoother, even-toned skin.

To prepare, I squeeze a fresh cut lemon into a small glass bottle through a strainer, then store in the fridge. Every night, I soak a cotton ball with the pure lemon juice and apply it all over my face like a toner. I try to avoid applying lemon juice during the daytime due to its photosensitive properties.

I have noticed dramatic results since incorporating this into my nightly regiment. I've experienced smaller, controlled pimples that now heal within days rather than weeks. In addition, my red blemishes have lightened, and I don't experience as many flushes.

Update: for the first 60 seconds upon application, my face itches uncontrollably. I've noticed a substantial amount of blemishes and small bumps all over my face the past few days. The only products I'm using is this and a cleanser. So, I'll revise this update if I determine it's not the lemon juice causing this.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by mistyrob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me first start off my saying I have suffered from acne since 12, and I am now 28. I go through periods of light to moderate acne, but, rarely clear. I began to use jojoba oil as a cleanser and my face seemed to go from light acne to no acne. Recently I broke out and stayed broken out, it was really bad. I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it, in the mist of this I stopped using the jojoba oil. Nothing I did was helping matters AT ALL. So I started using the jojoba oil again, and I began to see a little improvement. Then integrated AHA 12% soufflé, day and night (now just night), there was a little more improvement. I then started using the Queen Helen mint mask and a honey/aspirin mask altering daily, again more improvement. I started to use apple cider vinegar as a toner day and night and saw even more improvement. Finally I added lemon juice and saw a HUGE HUGE improvement in just 1 week. I can't believe how much it has helped my skin and scars in just one week! AMAZING.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by krollydolly

Well this is my first review as I have only recently got into makeup properly and I thought start with the basics - skin!!! Anyway, Im 20 years old and have suffered with bad skin since I can remember and there has always been something in the back of my mind telling me to try this (and thanks to other MUA reviews) - I am so glad I finally did! The redness in my skin has reduced by 90%, and I have only had maybe one or two new blemishes in the past week.....believe me, for my skin that is amazing! I use my usual cleanser (Garnier Pure), then dab the juice (I use the stuff you get in the bottle for pancakes!) onto some cotton wool and sweep over problem areas. As I said, the pigmentation in my skin is beginning to even out, so is the tone. Sometimes my skin can feel tight when I have used the juice but to be honest, if something works, I can deal with tightness.

The only reason I am not giving lemon juice a 5 rating is because I haven't been using it for long enough to feel like it is a long term solution. Will update.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by l0vergirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to say I'm really disappointed about how the lemon juice worked out for me. After reading all the amazing reviews for it on here I was really excited to give it a try but I just didn't end up with good results. I used it for a week and noticed that my skin started to look a really pale weird colour (I think the lemon juice was sort of bleaching my skin.) My pimples started to dry up a bit but they were replaced by lots of little red ones on my forehead and chin. My skin was also extremelay dull looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by MsBasilio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

O MY GOD!! Why does this not have like a billion reviews, This is the best stuff I have ever used, My scars and red marks and brown spots I had ARE GONE!!!!!!!! I ve only used this for 4 days, I cant believe it, I just bought 100% lemon juice then i take cotton pads and rub it on my face, and Im still like in shock, TRY THIS it works now I think im going to dillute it 2parts lemon 1 part water but omg!! ok lolz ill stop but please try this!!

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love lemon juice for the face!
My face is super-sensitive thought, so what I do is I use the juice that comes in the bottles that are diluted with the right amount of water. It works just as well, but without all the unbearable itching and stinging. I just drop about 5 drops into the palm of my hand, rub my hands together, and apply it to my face. It itches MAYBE a little bit depending on how dry your skin is already, but hardly ever for me.
I just love this stuff! It tightens pores, clears blemishes, lessens reddening, and just anything you need done for your skin, a lemon seems to do the trick!