October 23, 2014 | 1194 users online

Blush - Smashbox - O-Glow

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2007 7:17:00 PM More reviews by swalsh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product. I read the reviews about it wearing off and comming back at unexpected times (like during/after a workout) and i was skeptical. But so far for me, I really like it. It genuinely does give me a glow, and it is pretty natural looking, but I mean, natural like I have glowing skin naturaly. It lasted like normal blush for me, so it lasted about 4 hours before I felt like I need to reapply it, which is what most cream type blushes last on me. I guess my overall opinion is, this product truly seems to react diffrently with everyone's skin, so if you can get a sample first, I probally would. But it's worth at least trying, as in my case it's a really great product. Also you only need a tiny bit, so I have a feeling it will last a really long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2007 4:13:00 PM More reviews by sweetpea55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree; this is unfortunately going back to Sephora....I wanted to like it too, but it only lasted about 20 minutes before disappearing. Not worth the $$. Too bad; cool idea anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2007 3:07:00 AM More reviews by discodollies

this stuff is weird. the idea behind it is really cool, and the lady sold me on it at sephora, but once i got home i was kinda.. eh about it. it stained my hands, and when applied it made me look like i was dressing up as a doll for halloween (waaay pink). i really didnt like it and returned it the next day. definitely not worth $26!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2007 12:09:00 AM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

O-Glow receives the honors of being the only product that I have ever returned to Sephora. I feel pretty silly for buying in to the hype at all where this is concerned.

That crazy, loud fuchsia/hot pink color that's on the packaging and seen as the circle on the little tube... that's the color this stuff turns my cheeks. It's glaringly unnatural and actually seems to wash out my complexion because it shows up so shiny and bright.

This is a small tube of product and the time that I spent trying to figure out how best to apply it ended up wasting a good amount of it. I actually don't see this lasting long for someone who wants to wear it every day either, which is a problem because it's so expensive.

O-Glow is hyped up as being able to "turn cheeks the exact color you blush, naturally in just seconds!" The shiny fuchsia that this turns on my skin is definitely not my natural blush, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone who naturally turns this color. If I apply a little bit of this, no color shows up at all (waited hours), and when I build up a few layers I get crazy hot pink skin. But the absolute dealbreaker with this for me was the fact that when I accidentally got some on one of my nails, it stained my fingernails that same fuchsia/hot pink color.

I'd say that O-Glow is more a hot pink gel stain than it is anything special. It definitely isn't a wonder product that brings out the natural flush in your skin. It's insanely high priced for the small amount as well. I feel so silly for being duped into buying this, but it has finally made me take advantage of Sephora's fantastic return policies.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by nilene

I don't understand the bad reviews...I love this stuff! It's really hard for me to find a blush that doesn't make me look unnatural. This makes me have a natural flush that I was looking for and I don't regret forking out the 26 bucks it cost me. Great job, Smashbox!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2007 7:41:00 PM More reviews by 2500

It's a decent gel blush ... it is nothing spectacular. It does get very shiny at times, but nothing alittle MAC blot powder can't fix.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Lukalove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to be a "nay sayer" on this one. When I put it on I was pleasantly surprised by the nice, smooth consistency and the blush was a nice, natural looking color. But then, Poof!, it was gone. Seconds later it didn't look like I had put on any blush what so ever...not even a trace. I tried this both on bare skin and on top of make up with the same results. Definitely not worth the price for no show make up so back to Sephora it went.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by lizavet8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is actually an instant HG for me. I suspect the "innovation" is somewhat akin to the dreaded "mood" lipsticks from high school, but really, who cares? The finish is beautiful; I loved "Pinch Your Cheeks" by origins, but as I got older it became more and more difficult to not get blotchy from traditional stains. O Glow must have lts of silicone-it spreads beautifully. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by xosimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this stuff is awesome! i'm extremely pale & it gives the perfect color, almost like a doll. it's sheer & still looks natural. it lasts all day for me...if going out at night i have to reapply but that happens with pretty much every blush. i wish it was a little cheaper because the tube is small but it only takes a little bit for both cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by phosphene

I don't know about this product's claim to mimic the color you naturally blush -- It seems to produce about the same color on everyone I've seen try it. However, the color it does produce works for me, so I'm not complaining. What I love about it, though, is how spreadable it is -- I am a total klutz at applying blush. When I use cheek stains they end up drying before I get them blended evenly on each cheek, so I add just a little more to make this side even -- oops, now this side needs a little more, etc, until I end up with too much on. The O-Glow seems to be pretty much foolproof -- Just a dab spreads and blends sooo easily and gives a nice subtle effect.