Smashbox O-Glow

2.9

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Punica Granatum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Polysilicone-11, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Plankton Extract, Red 27 (CI 45410).

on 3/1/2007 10:59:00 PM

I'm sorry that this product didn't work for some of the ladies who've tried it. Fortunately for me, this product works great. I've been looking for something like this and I was delighted when I discovered it on Sephora during one of my browsing session at work. As I age (although I'm barely over 30), my natural glow and flush is disappearing. This product does the treak. For those of you who want to give this product one more try or for those of you who are trying to decide whether to by this product or not (give it a try), try the following:

1. Apply your daily facial treatment on first but not the moisturizer.
2. Apply the O-Glow. I use nail head size drop. A little goes a long way. Spread it and blend it well. You will not see the true color right away so don't keep applying it. Wipe your finger because it does kind of stain it.
3. Apply your moisturize and then apply a smaller amount of it again.
4. Apply your foundation. If you want to, you can apply a small amount over the foundation again.
5. Apply powder as usual.

I get lovely rosey cheeks that lasts all day using this method.

on 3/1/2007 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i was so excited when i got this blush, only to be slightly disappointed. i was testing it out on my hand and it was turning it a really bright fuschia skin, which looked totally artificial on my fair skin. so, i tried it out on my face. when you first put it on, the color starts to darken immediately, and you'd think that you'd be left with blotched of color...but if you really rub it in, it lightens quite a bit and spreads nicely. the color on me lasted all day. the reason i was disappointed was that it was really hard to apply. i always have trouble putting on blush and making it look natural, but this was just way too much trouble. also, the texture is totally weird. when you're rubbing it in, you can barely feel it, so it feels like you're just rubbing your face. but then you start to see the color spread and realize its the blush you're also spreading. its hard to explain. but, i probably wouldn't buy this again. its was too expensive for something that takes too much effort to look natural.

on 2/28/2007 7:17:00 PM

I like this product. I read the reviews about it wearing off and comming back at unexpected times (like during/after a workout) and i was skeptical. But so far for me, I really like it. It genuinely does give me a glow, and it is pretty natural looking, but I mean, natural like I have glowing skin naturaly. It lasted like normal blush for me, so it lasted about 4 hours before I felt like I need to reapply it, which is what most cream type blushes last on me. I guess my overall opinion is, this product truly seems to react diffrently with everyone's skin, so if you can get a sample first, I probally would. But it's worth at least trying, as in my case it's a really great product. Also you only need a tiny bit, so I have a feeling it will last a really long time.

on 2/27/2007 4:13:00 PM

I agree; this is unfortunately going back to Sephora....I wanted to like it too, but it only lasted about 20 minutes before disappearing. Not worth the $$. Too bad; cool idea anyway.

on 2/27/2007 3:07:00 AM

this stuff is weird. the idea behind it is really cool, and the lady sold me on it at sephora, but once i got home i was kinda.. eh about it. it stained my hands, and when applied it made me look like i was dressing up as a doll for halloween (waaay pink). i really didnt like it and returned it the next day. definitely not worth $26!

on 2/27/2007 12:09:00 AM

O-Glow receives the honors of being the only product that I have ever returned to Sephora. I feel pretty silly for buying in to the hype at all where this is concerned.

That crazy, loud fuchsia/hot pink color that's on the packaging and seen as the circle on the little tube... that's the color this stuff turns my cheeks. It's glaringly unnatural and actually seems to wash out my complexion because it shows up so shiny and bright.

This is a small tube of product and the time that I spent trying to figure out how best to apply it ended up wasting a good amount of it. I actually don't see this lasting long for someone who wants to wear it every day either, which is a problem because it's so expensive.

O-Glow is hyped up as being able to "turn cheeks the exact color you blush, naturally in just seconds!" The shiny fuchsia that this turns on my skin is definitely not my natural blush, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone who naturally turns this color. If I apply a little bit of this, no color shows up at all (waited hours), and when I build up a few layers I get crazy hot pink skin. But the absolute dealbreaker with this for me was the fact that when I accidentally got some on one of my nails, it stained my fingernails that same fuchsia/hot pink color.

I'd say that O-Glow is more a hot pink gel stain than it is anything special. It definitely isn't a wonder product that brings out the natural flush in your skin. It's insanely high priced for the small amount as well. I feel so silly for being duped into buying this, but it has finally made me take advantage of Sephora's fantastic return policies.

on 2/24/2007 11:55:00 PM

I don't understand the bad reviews...I love this stuff! It's really hard for me to find a blush that doesn't make me look unnatural. This makes me have a natural flush that I was looking for and I don't regret forking out the 26 bucks it cost me. Great job, Smashbox!

on 2/23/2007 7:41:00 PM

It's a decent gel blush ... it is nothing spectacular. It does get very shiny at times, but nothing alittle MAC blot powder can't fix.

on 2/23/2007 4:06:00 PM

I have to be a "nay sayer" on this one. When I put it on I was pleasantly surprised by the nice, smooth consistency and the blush was a nice, natural looking color. But then, Poof!, it was gone. Seconds later it didn't look like I had put on any blush what so ever...not even a trace. I tried this both on bare skin and on top of make up with the same results. Definitely not worth the price for no show make up so back to Sephora it went.

on 2/22/2007 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is actually an instant HG for me. I suspect the "innovation" is somewhat akin to the dreaded "mood" lipsticks from high school, but really, who cares? The finish is beautiful; I loved "Pinch Your Cheeks" by origins, but as I got older it became more and more difficult to not get blotchy from traditional stains. O Glow must have lts of silicone-it spreads beautifully. Will repurchase.

Popular Blush Products