August 22, 2014 | 1708 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by kamb2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff, I've tried other brands (tresseme) and this one is way better. I won't waist my time and money trying other brands anymore. This is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ppp

LOVE this product. Lets me not wash my hair every day and totally transforms my oily fine hair making it soft and pretty! yay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

I love this stuff! I have tried Bumble and Bumble's hair powder, which stained my scalp, so I'm really glad to find a product that disappears into my dark hair. It definitely helps with second day hair, and adds volume. I don't love the scent, and it is kind of pricey but I got it half off at Kroger. Everyone says it doesn't last long, but I only use it sparingly once or twice a week, so it's lasting a while for me. I will repurchase at full price though, because it's better than the more expensive brands!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Alot of people rave about dry shampoo but i think there really is no the substitute to washing your hair other then WASHING YOUR HAIR.
It's good for blonde hair as the colour of the spray which is a chalky white colour blends in, but any other colour hair i.e- my bright red hair, makes me look like i'm going grey and is incredibly difficult to get rid of all of the residue.
It leaves my hair feeling half greasy, half chalky.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by pampillay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product after reading the reviews on this site, so thank you to all who contributed. I have been waiting for a long time for a product like this to come to South Africa - and I must say that I am most pleased. I cannot believe how great this product is. I have gone from washing my hair every single day to once in three days. Even on my gym days I just dry my hair, straighten and then use this product and it works fabulously. If you are looking for it in South Africa it is available exclusively to Clicks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Theaflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like so many others, I returned my Tresemme dry shampoo. Horrible! This is a GREAT product and does what it says it will do. So far I love it! You will not be unhappy with this. I bought the original scent and it is quite nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by sillyK

I grew up using baby powder in my hair between washings since that was my mom's go-to method when I was younger. I still do it from time to time when I don't have dry shampoo handy but I have black hair now (dyed) so it turns my hair very powdery and grey.

The only other dry shampoo Ive used was from Tresemme and I will never repurchase. Ever. This one, however, I bought in the Tropical scent, is wonderful. It doesn't become pasty or too powdery (Its a bit white-ish at first but finger combing does the trick) and the scent isn't overwhelming (it does fade quickly).

I like that it actually (finally) does make my hair feel fresher and lighter, not tacky or chalky at all. FINALLY a product that does exactly what it says it does. It's a bit pricey for the size, I run out pretty quickly but I'll continue to purchase this product as it's much less expensive than other brands and it actually works. I love this stuff, HG dry shampoo for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

i really like this stuff. the first (and only other) dry shampoo i tried was the tresemme one, and it was honestly terrible. after that, i didn't think any dry shampoo would work for me, but i'm really glad i tried this one! i found the little travel sized ones at pharmasave, and bought the original scent. the other scents were a bit strong for my liking. the packaging looks like something from the 80's - definitely different. i loved this pretty much the first time i used it - it does spray on a bit white, but once i rub it in, it blends into my dark hair (something the tresemme didn't do for me) and it actually absorbs oil and basically just refreshes my hair. the only thing i don't really love is the price, the travel sized one was $5 or $6 (CAD) and after only using it literally 5x at the most, it was empty. i just bought the full size, which was just over $10 after tax, so i'm hoping it lasts me a bit longer. (i still have a lot left of the tresemme one and i've had it for quite a while - i keep hoping it'll work for me if i use it differently) even if this does run out really fast, i would still keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by mymelody87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried a whole lot of dry shampoos and I keep coming back to Batiste. It's an aerosol spray-on powder, which you rub in and brush away, taking the powder, and excess oil, with it. I use dry shampoo because of the relentless oiliness of my roots in the crown and bang area and my hair's thin texture. Since I only use it in those spots it lasts a while for me, about a month if used every other day. My favorite scent is Blush, which smells strong when initially applied but disperses quickly, leaving a light and inoffensive floral scent to the hair for a couple of hours afterwards. I've never had a problem with whitish residue left behind, but my hair's strawberry blond so it blends well. There's a version for brunettes as well in case "whitish cast" is a problem for you. IMO the powder is easily removed with brushing. And if it doesn't come out or seems to be resistant it's always because I haven't rubbed it in well enough, or my hair is super greasy and it needs time to "set" in my hair. Once it's all brushed out, though, it's gone, and my hair is left clean (both in appearance and in feel, which is extremely important to me; who wants hair that looks clean but feels filthy? not me), slightly volumized, and smelling good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by May_Bee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair is coloured and I don't like to wash it more often than every three days. On the third day the roots feel a little oily, but Batiste takes care of this - I just spray a little onto my fingertips (warning - it is cold) and massage into the oily areas. I leave it while I do my makeup, then brush out - it eliminates oiliness and gives my hair a little volume. I found that spraying direct onto my hair made the brushing out time a nuisance, and it really is just the roots that need a lift, so applying this way saves time and waste. I use original or tropical scents, both of which I like - I may give the new "brunette" one a try next. This product is cheap and widely available in the UK, definitely worth a try.