NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 12/22/2009 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm not going to lie. This stuff looks scary in the pan. Which is the main reason I didn't purchase this a long time ago. I figured it was going to be clown white or just a white pearl
(in which i can just use a frosted white pigment) but, don't let the looks of it fool you. If you look closely, you'll see that it has a pearly yellowish tint to it. When applied to your face, it goes on as a sheer golden yellow pearly sheen with a slight shimmer. A little goes a long way, and it is perfect to highlight your cheekbones, nose, brow bone and forehead. Or, if you'd just like to add a little extra glow to your face. This has become one of my beauty essentials and practical for every day. Some of my other favorites are MAC Honour Blush & MAC New Vegas Mineralize Skinfinish. This is similar, but more natural. Kim Kardashian's MUA uses this to give Kim a radiant glow. You can noticeably see in the following picture that she's wearing it on her face and neck. continued >>

At first I was pretty indifferent to this highlighter. It looks really chalky and white in the pan. However as I try applying it in different ways, I find I can build up the color to my liking. I love this now! It's a great highlighter and leaves a nice glowy finish. One of my favoritest Nars product.

on 11/29/2009 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this highlighter that gives a beautiful luminous pearly glow. The bridge of my nose, brow bone, cheek bone, and right below my cheek contour color is where I tend to use this the most. Despite how some people have found this to be too shimmery or too chalky, this is still my HG highlighter. (Note: I find that MAC's Perfect Topping & EDM's Champagne carry much more shimmer/glitter!)

[ PROS ] - really accentuates without going over the top; does not look chalky or too white at all (though I cannot speak for those with darker skin tones); gives a subtle shimmer to look almost glowy; the shimmer does not spread all over my face like some other highlighters; very little is needed; great price for the amount of product

[ CONS ] - none

I really think that this will last me a lifetime as so little is needed to yield that perfect glowy face. However, when the time comes that I need to repurchase, I will do so right away =)

on 11/28/2009 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

so gorgeous!...looks like a chalk-white powder in the pan, but when applied becomes a gorgeous gold highlight color...can be used as a cheek highlighter, but is also very pretty as a brow highlight.

on 11/28/2009 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm NC15-20 and this highlighter not only shows up on me, but gives me the exact look I was looking for when I first bought it. It gives me a very slight, but definitely noticeable highlight without a lot of "in your face"-shimmer. There is shimmer, but it requires a close look in the bathroom mirror to really detect it. It also pairs very well with the NARS Laguna Bronzer without becoming shimmer galore. Love it!

on 11/25/2009 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Pretty golden sheen across your face unlike other highlighters I have tried, I have layered it with Pearl cream color base by Mac for staying power, and multi dimensional sheen

on 11/23/2009 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Love Love Love this!!!! I was lucky enough to have one of Kim Kardashians makeup artist make my face over at an even i went to earlier this year, she used luster on my cheeks and added this highlight, she said it was one of her top sellers and always would put it on Kim, so of course i had to get it. I love this! I don't usually wear this for an everyday highlighter but i always use it when i go out. I've already talked 3 friends into buying it! I would recommend it!

on 11/22/2009 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

love this. A subtle highlighter which I use on my brow line and cheekbones.

on 11/18/2009 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This looked so extremely white in the pan...I couldn't imagine it working on my skin tone and I avoided trying it despite the positive reviews. I've used Kevyn Aucoin's Celestial Powder in Candlelight for a few years and I end up comparing every highlighter to it. But ever since I bought Albatross I've been wearing it almost exclusively. It's more intense than the KA Candlelight, and so beautiful. I guess I just feel like having a little more shimmer and glow than usual during the colder months. I apply it with a large fan brush across cheekbones and use the same brush to kind of skim any remainder over the rest of my face and it never looks too harsh or overdone. Love it!

on 11/18/2009 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you could only buy one product from NARS, it should be this! (and not even orgasm) This highlighter gives a soft golden glow. Looks gorgeous under the light.
The only downside is probably the packaging, it gets dirty from all the gold sheen after a while.

ETA: People have compared this to MAC's Vanilla, in my opinion this product is better as the effect is more subtle. The colour is the same, but Vanilla seems more chunkier/glittery to me.

Top Rated NARS Products