April 17, 2014 | 937 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2009 4:58:00 AM More reviews by romantique

This is my favourite highlighter! It's so beautiful, a soft natural golden glow. The powder is finely milled with no glitter flecks. I have Mac's Drizzlegold Beauty Powder which has bigger chunks and Petticoat MSF, which gives a more metallic shine. This is more natural and versatile. I love using it on my cheekbones. I also like that it is pressed, so it doesn't make a mess over my makeup table! However, the price is a bit extreme. I'm not sure if I would repurchase, rather I'd try to make this one last as long as possible! It contains 4.5g in a rubber mirrored compact which I like (mine isn't dirty lol). I like that a brush fits easily in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by vhemminger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite highlighter! I'm NC 15 and this gives me a great look. Although it may look really white in the pan, on the skin it imparts a lovely golden sheen to the skin. I like to use it on my cheek bones and also on the bridge of my nose and my cupid's bow. It also looks really nice sweeping it in a 'C' shape from your temples to the top of your cheek bone. It is a bit expensive for a highlighter, but I've had mine for about 6 months and am just now seeing the bottom of the pan. Like many Nars products, the packaging is a rubberized compact that attracts make up smears and smudges....not my favorite.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jessicaho

Hate this. I know it was gold, but it made me look so yellow, and I'm only on the brink of an NC25 at MAC. It looks even worse in daylight. If it was without the gold shimmer, I would love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by DazzleStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great highlight color. Like others have said it looks scarishly white in the pan but goes on a beautiful shimmery goldish color. It's finely milled as well so its not like chunk city glitter on your face. It may be a bit pricey for some people for a highlight color though...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by chuchu33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in the Albatross/Lovejoy duo and I love both of them. This is my first time using a highlighter and I really really like it, don't let the white powder scare you, it goes on so pretty and gives the nicest glow to skin. I don't use it everyday, just when I feel like having that extra soemthing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by olivia208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I truly love this highlighter. For reference my skintone is NC42. I was a bit worried about this highlighter because it looked white on sephora.com. When you first open the compact it looks like a shimmery white powder but once on the skin its a shimmer golden pearl color which is gorgeous. sometimes this can leave a white-ish tint on my skin but when i that happens i simply take my posh kabuki brush and buff it over the highlighter one time, and it takes away the white tint and the powder still looks great. This powder definitly has a a gold tint to it. The lasting power is nice and i will buy again the only thing i dont like is the price but i can deal with it for the great powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Shawty187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: After using it a while noticed it didnt do much, not much hilighting. another overhyped garbage product that everyone loves for some reason. I realized it wasnt love after about a week of using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by fiunit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this highlighter. I much prefer powder highlighters/illuminators to liquid ones. This makes my bone structure look a lot better than it actually is, haha. I think this highlighter is a nice way to accentuate my features without going overboard with heaps of products. My usual daytime routine is just mineral powder, mascara, Albatross, and Chapstick or Blistex. Very minimal (yeah, I'm lazy), but the Albatross adds a little somethin' somethin'. I do, however, think that if you are going to use a highlighter, you need to be using other makeup as well as highlighter on its own may look a little odd. I would advise playing around with Albatross to figure out how much you need, so you don't get a yellowish tint or an overly obvious shimmer. It can be easy to go overboard, and you might end up looking overdone or plastic-ey :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

This is my #1 Highlighter. I love it even more than the Multiple in Copacabana!. It's not as shimmery as the multiple so its perfect for day use, especially ontop of my orgasm blush. I swept it lightly on my cheekbones and it really gives me a nice glowy finish and helps define my cheekbones. I also use it to highlight the bridge of my nose lightly. This is the last thing I use every morning in my makeup routine. I its such a nice way to put the finishing touches on your face.
As with all NARS blushes and eye shadows, the only annoying thing is having to carry around extra brushes :) But I can't complain, I love it too much

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Bulldogs01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so i was really skeptical about this highligting powder when i first laid eyes on it.. i mean look at how white it is!! but since everyone has been raving about it, i def had to give it a try. Once i got it.. i tried it and it was amaaazing. I used it with no make up on and it made me gloooow! it was awesome! so i tried it with my makeup wear and even better!!!! loves it! dont let the whiteness fool you, its a GREAT hightlighter!!!