September 15, 2014 | 1816 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really do use this is an all around highlighter. Top of cheeks, bridge of nose, brow bone, cupid's bow...anywhere. It adds a really nice subtle sheen and warm glow. i've heard it is similar to MAC's Vanilla pigment, but I prefer this since it is pressed and allows more control that way. I dont see myself running out anytime soon, but I wouldnt not repurchase because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by ryco

I love Albatross! I'm very upset I only started using this product THIS YEAR.

I think it does a great job in doing what it is supposed to do -- highlight. It's leaves a nice, light opalescent/gold finish to ALL skintones. I do many of my friends' makeup before they go out to events, or even just for fun, and this is one product they all seem to love.

Albatross doesn't have to be intense. It is the type of product that one can use little of, and still have a great but subtle payoff, and one you can build upon, for more extreme usage.

I absolutely love this product, and love that I can use it as a highlight for both my cheeks, and my eyes. It is a great, and in my opinion, even better alternative to using white eyeshadow as a highlight for underneath the brows, or even the corner of one's eyes. It seems much more natural, and in that case, can be used as a highlight for the eyes on an everyday basis. It gives anyone's eyes, and cheeks a nice pick me up, and lift.

The only time you need to be careful is OVER-applying the product. Especially on those hot/sweaty summer days, or clubbing/night out events. Too much of this product, and you can end up looking extra greasy or sweaty in person, and/or in pictures. And I highly doubt...anyone really wants that! =]

I love this product and bring it with me in my purse, no matter where I go. Anytime I feel like I need to look more awake during the day, all i do is dab a little Albatross on the inner corner of my eyes and I feel better right away.

Overall, a great highlighting powder that's very versatile. Can be used on the cheeks, eyes, lips, and clavicle bone for emphasizing. BUY IT!

edit: I just remembered that this product can get/be a bit chalky at times, but even so, it is still worth the money and purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Dinghy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I waited for a while before reviewing Albatross because it's definitely the kind of product you want to check out in different lighting. Good news is, it does work wonders at catching the light, highlighting cheekbones and giving a bit more luminosity to the skin. It isn't glittery, since it's fine enough that you don't see individual particles unless you're under direct lighting and look really, really close. It's also slightly golden, but not overwhelmingly so - I think it'd suit most skintones.
I like the packaging too - doesn't make too much room and feels sturdy, with a mirror. A bit pricey, but probably worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a highlighter in a compact/pressed powder form. the color is a pale yellow cream (almost like an off-white) with a lot of gold shimmer. if you hate frosts, don't worry about the shimmer. it's not frosty, just shimmery and pretty. i love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by themadhattress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite highlighter! It looks white in the compact but it has a little bit of gold in there. I love using it on my cheeks mainly, and it gives off more of a frost that glitter, so it works in the morning too if applied with a light hand. The best part for me is that it does not emphasize my pores the way other highlighters seem to, so that's a huge plus for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by kellysha

I really like this highlighter. It is sheer, glides on easily due to its powder form, does not smear everywhere other than where applied to and is not overly shimmery. It stayed on for about 7 hours on my face. It is suitable for anyone from light, medium to dark skin. I tried on Niko at the store(different shade from the same range) and it did not show on my light to medium skin. I was informed that Niko is better for very light skintones. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by fabulousjewel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first glance, I thought this highlighter looked too white in the packaging. It also has gold undertones to it as well. Once applied, my cheeks looked glowing giving me a pearly look. It's also longlasting compared to MAC highlighters.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by artistculture

Nars Albatross is my absolute favorite highlighter!! ... more so than any MAC highlighters, or skinfinishes! I reach for this one everyday! It is luminating, and gives the skin a nice dewy finish. It is not "glittery", and the color works with all skintones! It is a warm tone highlighter which is great for skins with a yellow undertone.. but also works for skins with a pink undertone, as it will counter some redness (unlike some MAC MSFs that have a strong pinky pigment that can accentuate redness in the skin). Like all Nars blushes, the pigmentation is great, and so a little goes a long way, and despite the relatively expensive price tag, it is worth it because it will last you forever! I use this not only as a highlighter for my cheekbones, but also as a hightlight for my browbone. Since it is illuminating (without having a distinct color), I use it on top of matte blushes as well. This will give the cheek a glow without altering the color of the blush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this as my brow highlight and it works well. Trying to blend into my blush for a cheek highlight and it can get yellowy and dull out my blush color. But otherwise very flattering on the brow bone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never thought this thing would work, but it does! it gives my cheekbones a nice luminosity