September 2, 2014 | 1462 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Glor21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the best product that i ever used to blend my makeup
do the work so quickly! and the Foundation looks natural on the skin MUST HAVE
use this product when it's a little bit wet!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by dtd311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love my beautyblender and will never use a foundation brush for applying foundation again. It covers evenly and builds coverage well. It's easy to use and clean. It lasts a few months when cleaned and maintained well. I don't love how it applies cream blush, but I think it's simply because of the consistency of the blush I tried. Overall great product and will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by AlexAlexAlex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this sponge. I've been using a stippling brush to apply foundation, and the beauty blender blows the brush out of the water. The foundation goes on beautifully. Something about the somewhat damp application works really well for my dry skin. Concealer around my nose and under-eyes also goes super smooth. Would definitely recommend this product.

But, be prepared to wash after each use. Even still, totally worth it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by jacrodriguez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! This made my foundation application a whole lot easier, faster, and better. A lot of different types and brands of foundations work with the Beauty Blender. I find that I grab for this more often than the other foundation brushes that I have now. Don't get me wrong, the brushes out there are still good but this is different. This really blends the foundation to the skin so smoothly, covers pores and imperfections with ease and you don't have to worry about your skin getting streaky where you have to go back and blend it again and again. Just be diligent in cleaning it after every use to protect it and keep it in good quality longer. Also, I apply the foundation all over my face and neck in wide stripes or dots with my fingers then blend and bounce it on with the beauty blender. I do not pick up the foundation, especially if it's liquid, with this cause it kinda soaks up a good amount of the product before it reaches the skin. But still, will definitely repurchase over and over than the brushes!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by terrilynyvonne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So glad I purchased this. Never the less it did kill me to pay 26 dollars for a sponge, but it's well worth it. The flawless finish it gives your skin is amazing and it feels so light!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading rave reviews, I was still unsure about purchasing because you mostly have to find it online and, well, it's a sponge for a premium. However, I am so glad I finally broke down and got one!

The thing I love about this is the way it makes your make-up look so flawless. It leaves the most amazing, smooth finish and makes it so easy to apply a light layer of whatever and slowly build it. You have to try it to see how it makes foundation/bb cream/whatever look so much better.

As for cleaning... I refuse to buy the brand's cleaner. I've tried soaps and baby shampoo and I have to say that the best thing so far has been a bar of soap. Dove, to be exact. I'm not sure if it's too strong or something, but it does an amazing job at getting every bit of make-up from my sponge. Baby shampoo is my usual go-to, but it does a terrible job and takes forever to rinse out.

I've only had my sponge for a couple of months but it's held up very well and I hope it continues to do so! I really recommend everyone to at least try this out. If you want it from Sephora, you can always return it (I specifically asked about this product) so give this a chance! Keep in mind that everyone says dupes do not work the same way.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by cyberhd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this sponge! It makes foundation, concealer and setting powder application easy without caking. Its pricey though for a sponge. I have tried other dupes but nothing compares to this. Easier to clean than my makeup brushes because it doesn't absorb so much product and I use Baby shampoo to clean it. I will be buying this over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by tsh82

i bought this for $8 and i like it.
it blends my highlights and concealer perfectly :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by xoJeniVeeox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Ive tried so many different methods of applying my foundation and nothing has gave me such a flawless finish with minimal effort like the BB does. I use the BB with my Nars sheer glow foundation and I also use it with powders, blushes, and concealers. Ive also used it with drugstore foundations and the finish is still natural and flawless. This cuts my makeup time in half and is soooo easy to use. It feels so good on the skin and makes your makeup feel light and airy almost as if you weren't wearing anything. I read a few reviews about the BB prior to purchasing it saying that it absorbed a lot of product but Ive found that the best way to avoid this is to dab the foundation on your skin and then blend. It is a little hard to get the foundation stains out but I don't really mind as long as I know that its clean. It is a little pricey for a sponge but since its reusable I think its definitely worth it. Overall I think this is a great sponge and I doubt anything will be able to top this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by biddi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this every day to bounce on my MAC pro longwear concealer and it does a stellar job. I find my foundations are to sheer for this to work with them so when I find a fuller coverage foundation im totally putting this to the test! I find it applies the concealer perfectly with no patchiness and caking that I've encountered when using brushes and my fingers to pat in. I highly recommend!