August 1, 2014 | 1086 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2004 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Malena80

This is my favorite eyeliner. It gives me instant Cleopatra/siren/beautyqueen glamour and its a must have in my bag!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2004 4:50:00 PM More reviews by rae_rae

I am a black liquid liner kind of girl so this is a fabu product that'll last me forever and gives me the long lasting wear that I want from an eyeliner. I use my PD transformer brush to get super close to my lashline and then thicken it if so desired. I do notice some smudging at the outer corner of my eyes but overall the solid line lasts till I take it off. I am also very happy I don't have to replace it from drying out every few months as it is a deep pot and you use very little product per application.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2004 7:11:00 PM More reviews by blusky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'd buy this again if i ever finish it, but i somehow doubt that i ever will. It's a very intense black that i don't really use everyday (i prefer the hunter). It 'can' be dulled down if i just use a light hand, but the line won't appear as clean. A good buy for a long-lasting finish, although it can transfer a tiny bit above the crease if you have oily asian eyes like mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2004 4:09:00 AM More reviews by pandazoo

LOVELY PACKAGING!! unique and different. it makes my makeup process definitelly more enjoyable. Black Ink is the true black that gives a dramatic look. it stays on quite longer than most of pencil type, but not as long as liquid type yet more managable and easier to apply than most liquid eyeliners. i wouldn't use this with cream-type eyeshadows to avoid get smudged. good with powder type eyecolors.
great cost-benefit.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2004 1:00:00 PM More reviews by alipie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't say enough good things about this eyeliner, true it's not as easy to apply as a pencil or a tube liquid, but who cares!! I am so tired of smearing and quick fading eyeliners. BB's is an also a very intense black, which I have been able to mute by using a light hand (better for work) and stays all day. The consistency is great, glides on easily. Lasts all day.....a truly amazing product worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2004 3:15:00 AM More reviews by chiclady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great eyeliner for those who likes to be a bit dramatic. This product not only allows you to dramatically define your eyes, but it actually stays put all day and night. It doesn't come off easily as other eyeliners I have tried before. My friend had recommended this eyeliner to me and I was a little skeptic. But, I was sold on it the day I went to the dept. store and tried on some of it. I put some of it on my hand and rubbed my finger over it pretty hard, but to my surprise it didn't come off!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2004 5:52:00 PM More reviews by LisMo9

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

2012: This formula has changed for sure. I've been using it for YEARS and i've noticed the pots over the last 2 years dry out a lot faster and don't last as long. It's still one of the best long wearing eyeliners but "they just don't make 'em like they used to".

2004: This is the best eyeliner ever. Let me explain how I use EL though-I like I a thick dark line, not a little smudge to enhance the lash line. The brush (bb el brush)allows you to put a thick or thin line and get into the eyelashe line quite nicely. Did I mention it lasts all day? and night? It is worth every penny because a little bit really does go a long way. Get a good mu remover to clean eyes and i use a little to clean the brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2004 11:09:00 PM More reviews by riapot

I really love the smoothness and staying power of this gel liner. It really makes me feel like I'm doing art! Black Ink is the deepest, richest black when applied and stays that way all day. I have oily eyelids, but this liner stays with me the whole day. I use BB's ultra fine lining brush. It takes practice, but you can get a thin or thick line easily, depending on your mood!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2004 10:32:00 PM More reviews by dilydaly7

I have heard raves about this and was lemming for it so intensely that with my lovely Christmas money I purchased it, along with the Ultra Fine brush. When I applied it at the counter, I applied it over black pencil eyeliner (Almay Long Lasting). The eyeliner I already had on was applied thinly, to achieve a natural effect (or natural for an eyelinerphile such as myself). At the counter, though, I applied it thickly and dramatically. It looked AWESOME (though it may have been the lighting). For a bit of a twist, the MA rec'd I mix in some of the Violet Ink. I did, and the deep purple it produced made my almost-black eyes bright and gorgeous. Very sexy and exotic. It also passed my tissue-paper-rub test with FLYING colors...there was hardly a smudge on the tissue, and it was unmoved on my eye. Usually all that I require to give an eyeliner an A in Smudge Resistance is no moving out of place or removal! Okay, fast forward to home. I remove my makeup with my handy dandy Almay wipes and am overjoyed at the need for a bit of effort in the eye area. Then, I dust some powder over my eyes and try my hand at my new eyeliner, just for fun. It turns out horrible, even though I'm applying it just like I did at the counter! It is very hard for me to make a thin (and trust me, thin for me is not superthin) even line, and you simply canNOT correct your mistakes with this, because it is so longlasting. I removed and reapplied twice more, with marginal improvement. The last time was okay, but still looked funny, especially under bright lighting. Its sheer in some spots, and too thick at the inner corners of my eyes. I guess I just need some practice. Perhaps putting on pencil liner before is the ticket, so I can have a line to follow. Anyway, I like this product, but the brush is frustrating me...I am considering trying a thin, standard eyeliner brush and seeing if I do better. Shame, since you can't return Bobbi Brown brushes after they have been used. *UPDATE* Putting on pencil liner before really does help. It takes me less than 20 seconds to put on quick lines close to my lashes, and really helps with the precision. It also just took some practice, plus you have to get the bristles of the brush very flat and wide. This really is an awesome eyeliner, and its lasting power is just amazing to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2003 10:55:00 PM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only liner that actually stays on my lids all day. I work in retail and don't have time for touch ups and when I go home at night, my liner still looks fresh!!! I've purchased it in 4 colors.