November 1, 2014 | 903 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Dirt cheap! Pun intended. As I write I'm experiencing my very first Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay mask, and all I can say is "OMG!" This is incredible! It really does pulsate and it's cooling, it's, it's so-weird. I used a tiny amount of powder in a small plastic kiddie feeding bowl mixed with a plastic spoon and a little water to make a paste, washed and dried my face, then smeared it on. I'm gonna do the full 20 min-I don't care if it leaves my face red. My husband is not due home for at least 1 hour and I'm not going anywhere tonight. I'm obsessed already. I got it for a total of $7.81 from Zerbo's online, shipped UPS. My face is just throbbing, my goodness this is odd! I cannot move my face or speak. I love it. You get 1 lb of product for the price and I would definitely say this is a good buy and I will be buying again! It'll take a while to use it all up seeing as I only had to use less than a whole small spoonful. Everyone should experience this at least once in their life!
Addition: ok, 20 min are up, and that's good because it was starting to burn and itch. I love it! Weird, I know. I washed it off with warm water then splashed on cool and my face was definitely glowy, but in no way beet red. I misted down my face with rosewater then applied Garnier Moisture Rescue gel-cream (your face will be dry so you must moisturize) and I'm good. I love this mask. It tightens to a point it distorts your features and your mouth puckers up! Funny and fabulous. So far, so good.
Another addition, 5 mins later: I just applied some cortisone cream--kinda itchy. This mask will really suck all the oils outta your skin! My goodness! Maybe I shouldn't have left it on for the full 20 my first time? You know what? I don't care. I still chalk this up to a great experience. Please don't let any of this scare you out of trying it--it's so worth it. Just adjust the process to your needs and all should be well. I am glad however that I did not use ACV. Number one I HATE the smell and number two, I don't think my skin would have been happy and in turn I would not have been happy. Water is it with this clay for me! You do get little blobs when you apply but it's not bad and in no way disturbs the application process, IMO.
Another addition (9/11/10): I used this mask again this morning and immediately upon removal I applied Bio-Oil, and there was absolutely NO irritation or redness or itching! Now I am truly happy. I figured out what works for my skin!
Yet another addition 9/15/10: I mixed half water and half Bragg's ACV and my face came out significantly redder upon removal of the mask. Very, very glowy to say the least. I washed then applied Garnier Anti Sun Damage SPF 15 and wore nothing else on my face. Scent of ACV does disappear after a while while mask is on but still don't know if it's any better than just water and clay...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

I've been on the hunt for an amazing mask for years. I've tried just about every mask under the sun to help with my oily/blackhead/occas. acne skin. After reading the glowing reviews for this product I decided to pick it up at Vitamin Shoppe and give it a try. 1lb. for $8 wasn't bad, so what the heck!

I use it w/ACV & have found that if I add about 1 tsp. of honey to the mix it makes it a little less tight & a little more tolerable to wear. Once you get the hang of how much mix to use, it's easy to whip it up quickly.

I've used it everyday for the past 4 days & feel that it's helping reduce little pimplies & dry patches on my face left over from healing pimplies. Give it a try ladies! What have you got to lose?

**Update** Sometimes I end up with more zits, but that's probably because gunk is being pulled to the surface. I also prefer to mix it with some neem powder. I really try to limit my use of this product as not to irritate it. I'll usually only break it out now whenever my skin's acting up (around my time of the month). My absolute favorite way to use the clay is by mixing it with my cleanser when I wash my face. It gently exfoliates and is especially refreshing after a hot, sweaty day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I used this 20 years ago and just picked it up again. It's good stuff. I don't really have much more to add to all the glowing reviews. Just add me to the bunch. \who love this stuff.

This stuff tightens something awful while it dries but it works some magic on my face. I can't handle it with ACV so I just use water. I just wish I could figure out how to make a smoother paste. Mine is always so lumpy. Anyway, this is much cheaper than my usual DDF sulfur (although this does not have sulfur obviously) and seems to work just as well. It's a little uncomfortable to wear but the results are worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Insidia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product has worked wonderfully for me. I use it about 3x per week and am consistantly left with cleaner, tighter pores. The 1 lb. jar is extremely cheap and lasts for months. The formula is nonirritating, but the mask does get uncomfortably tight as it dries -- it literally sucks the debris from your pores. My only qualm with this product is the scent -- when mixed with raw ACV, the clay powder takes on a horrifying smell. Despite this however, I recommend it wholeheartedly and will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by beautiful71

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product has helped myskin dramatically.I HAVE VERY OILY SKIN AND CYSTIC ACNE, BLACK HEADS, WHITE HEADS. IN THE PAST TWO YEARS MY SKIN HAS WENT FROM MILD ACNE TO MODERATE/SEVERE ACNE. this is my holy grail!!!!i use this about twice a week and my skin looks better less blackheads with each application, my scarring and acne is almost completley gone. This product is more for the oily/combination skin. i will never go without this again !!!!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by heavengirl1390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

Best mask ever and can be customized to my special red, flaky, oily, and pimple face! I can't live without this!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by bufuzeren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's price really cheap! right for oily skin ,fine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ibraille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This works like a full face pore strip!

Recently I had a pretty angry allergic reaction. My entire face was a mess and just as bad after treatment. The steroid cream I had to apply clogged my pores SO badly. My entire face was left covered in blackheads once the original reaction had subsided. I knew this mask would help so I started applying this mask o1-2x a week or so. After just the first application there was significant reduction in blackheads. I mean SUPER significant.(I do loosen things up first with a cleansing oil) Its been 3 applications now and my face is almost completely cleared up.

I've used this mask now for about a year. I LOVE it. I have pretty sensitive skin and was glad to find something that is pure and simple.

I use generic ACV which turns this into a little bit of a mousse like consistency. It's kinda fluffy :) and then add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil. The tea tree oil was the trick for me. Before I added the TTO it kinda started itching and I couldn't let it sit on my face long enough to dry. Still got nice results, but not as good. Once I added the TTO it was perfect. The tingly sensation fromt TTO allowed it to be comfortable on the face until it dried. I let it dry completely and then I give myself a big-o smile! Yeah, kinda hurts, but it's like I can feel it pulling the crap outta my pores!

To get it off, I pat/spalsh water over it a few times til it softens. Eventually, it breaks down and washes clean and takes all the nasty with it. My skin always feels so soft afterwards, too.

You need so little of this stuff. My container is still pretty close to the brim a whole year later!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by samBC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd suggest 1 part water to 2 parts powder for easier application. The 1 part water 1 part powder ratio ended up too watery but lucky for me the jar is huge and cheap, so I wasn't so stingy about adding more powder to the mix. I spread a thin layer onto my face and sat around for 10 minutes until my face felt tighter. I liked that the mask wasn't crumbly like other mud masks I've tried. next time I'll throw some ACV into the mix for optimal pore sucking! the mask worked in reducing pores and bringing some whiteheads to surface, but I still have stubborn blackheads.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 3:14:00 AM More reviews by botoxic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I mix this with ACV, 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. of sulfur powder (check Amazon), a few drops of lavender (or other EO like tea tree) and jojoba oils, and occasionally lemon juice and plain yogurt. I leave it on for about one hour. It's exceptionally cleansing, tightening, and purifying. I imagine you could add pureed banana, avocado, turmeric powder, herbal teas, etc. to customize for your skin type. Rather than having many expensive tubes of brand name items, it's nice to have an inexpensive, highly effective, pure, non-preservative and freshly-made mask on hand.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No