November 29, 2014 | 1701 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by yl123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bear with me: I first used coconut oil for eye infections for my pets. Since this oil kills bacteria, I used it when they developed eye crust. I would rub some oil onto their eyes with a cotton pad. After a while, I decided to rub it in my eyes too. Hey, if it worked for them!

Anyways, my lashes began to look healthier, which I noticed when applying mascara. The skin around my eyes were very hydrated. I ran of out my Dior Capture totale lotion, and that stuff is way too expensive to buy on my budget (it was a gift). I just began using coconut oil and viola, my skin is moisturized.

It doesn't work miracles, but it worked for me. I buy mine at Trader Joes for around $6. It lasts through anything, and it's a great all purpose oil to have. I mix it with tumeric too!

Tl; dr Coconut oil is cheap, it works for eye infections, it makes my skin super soft.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by vintagepixie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Coconut Oil is my go to for everything. I use it on just about every inch of my body daily and LOVE IT! It sinks into the skin relatively quickly so you don't feel greasy, while still feeling silky smooth. I use it as my facial moisturizer- day and night. I use it to tame the fly aways on my hair. I mix mineral makeup into it for a tinted moisturizer that looks 100% natural-no one can tell I'm wearing any makeup. I mix it with sugar, honey, and turmeric for a mask that makes my skin literally radiate glowy dewiness. After 3 years of daily use, I can honestly say my skin is pretty freaking amazing and wrinkle free. I FREAKING LOVE COCONUT OIL!

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by leehyesook

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have used some Coconut oil that are not greasy and not smelly. They are really the best conditioning for my hair and skin. I have tried lots of expensive beauty product only to find out that this virgin coconut oil does it all. It's just not as commercialized like those big brand names but the results are enough to keep me contented and no longer be a slave to expensive brands. whew! glad i tried coconut oil

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by sellery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm a little scared to use this on my face because I have heard it breaks some people out. I happened to have some around for cooking so I used it to moisturize my hair and actually wasn't too impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Saraah14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE LOVE LOVE COCONUT OIL!! I have only been using it for a short time now but the results have been amazing! I use this on my hair about once a week and it leaves it so soft and shiny, my hair is in the best condition than it has been for years! It also helps split ends and I've definately noticed my hair is growing alot faster as well! When it's time to do my oil treatment, I apply it to dry hair and message it all over, I then put on a shower cap and leave it overnight or even for a couple of hours, then I shampoo twice and wow! My hair looks and feels amazing!
I also use this on any rough patches of skin or if a spot is drying up as it makes it heal faster and takes the flakiness away! Overall, I don't think I could do without this product now!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by dollyhorse101

I love coconut oil!! I have used it on my hair for about a year and wow! It makes your hair soft and shiny, and it helps split ends. And I'm fairly sure if you use it often enough it helps your hair grow! And I have noticed my hair has become significantly longer this year than it has ever been.

What I do when I use it is dampen my hair, then grab some coconut oil in my fingers, turning it into liquid by rubbing it through my hands, then put it aaaaall over my hair, focusing especially on the ends. Then I'll braid it, wrap it in a shower cap and sleep on it. Then I just shower it out really well the next morning! I use the Nutiva Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, and I got it at Planet Organic. Great product!! Love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by bostonbabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Coconut oil may not be so glamorous, but it is oh so effective. I love to use it as a pre shampoo oil treatment, it really helps to keep my hair healthy. My hair is highlighted, fine, and long, and I heat style it all the time. It's not super damaged, but if I didn't take good care of it, it might be. Actually, my hair is really healthy and I attribute that to my weekly (atleast) oil treatments. I use a few different kinds, but coconut oil is the cheapest and my favorite. I leave it in for atleast 1 hour, sometimes overnight. Left in for less than an hour it's not that effective. The only downside is that it's time consuming, but perfection comes at a price. I also like to slather this on my face like a face mask, then exfoliate, and then dab some more coconut oil for extra moisture. It always leaves me with such smooth, glowy skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by laurie2025

Love Nutiva coconut oil. Yes, it is a great eye makeup remover, and does a wonderful job conditioning my skin and hair, but the BEST thing for me is it gets rid of those nasty red KP bumps I have always had on the back of my arms. I mean literally, within 3 days of using this on my KP it is all almost gone. I went back to Amazon and got this on their auto-ship program, I am never going to be without this again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by annieoakly

Okay so I bought the cheap version of coconut oil at my grocery store, because I was afraid that I wouldn't like it. I had tried those serums with coconut oil, but they dried out my hair so bad. So when I got the all natural coconut oil I was scared to put it on my hair. But I did and WOW this stuff really moisturized my hair and made it healthy!! Oh and I love this as my new body oil and its not greasy and sinks into my skin. But I have to use so little that the big jar is going to last forever!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by pearl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OK now THIS made a difference to my hair! It actually looks healthy and nourished; usually it looks dry and frizzy.

It did not work so well for me on my cuticles or lips, for those I prefer olive oil (& didn't like olive oil on my hair).

*** Edited: future uses of this left my hair feeling dry. :(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No