April 17, 2014 | 1581 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2006 2:53:00 PM More reviews by freespirit214

I was using BE until I switched to this brand 3 years ago. My skin is on the oily/combo side and after an hour of putting on BE my face looked very shiny. I don't get shine at all with this product, yet it's not real matte looking on me either. What it does is it makes my skin look naturally pretty, like I'm not wearing any foundation. Good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2006 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Sarah8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a mineral make-up junkie. Out of all the major brands (and minor ones) I've tried, this one covers the best. It actually looks like you have on liquid foundation without the "mask" outline. Complaint #1: the ingredients are not all "natural" whether its the powder, concealer or the moisturizer\cleanser. In fact, loaded with chemicals. Complaint #2: The plastic containers are cheap and flimsy and the brushes are the worst in the world. But if you need a lot of coverage and have your own natural bristle brushes, this one is for you. If you're looking for "totally natural", go with "Everyday Minerals". If packaging and fun are your thing, do Bare Escentuals.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2006 1:52:00 AM More reviews by walbema

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not find the product likeable at all.... first you have to mix 2 shades... the brush that comes w/ the kit is horrilble... it started to shed the 3rd time i used it, so i had black hairs all over my face and neck....
the product depending upon the moisturizer i used under it, turned a funny kind of gray on my skin. Additionally this product emphasizes the size of your pores as well as fine lines....i don't know what they are talking about by putting on more of the finishing powder, it made it worse!

absolutely horrible looking, and w/ respect to the concealer, it was just ok..
For $12 more, you can buy a wonderful Chanel foundation that looks great, applies easily, and gives you a flawless face......this shit stinks.....
i sent mine back immediately!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 1:53:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical to try a mineral foundation because I've been hooked on liquid foundation (Clinique's Dewy Smooth Liquid Foundation) since I was a teen. The thought of a "powder-type" foundation to cover all my flaws and feel lightweight was a dream. And then came the mineral foundations! I tried Bare Minerals and was somewhat pleased, but I felt their coverage didn't last through the day and I needed more coverage. I was really happy with the feel of it however, and I too, will probably never go back to ordinary foundation again! So, there I was... in a delimma... nearly out of my Bare Minerals... but not completely satisfied... and Sheer Cover was airing on The Celebrity Network at nearly half the price of what I was use to paying... I'm so happy I tried it!!!! Not only do I love this product, but the concealer is awesome! I'm getting coverage I could never get with the Bare Minerals Line!

I have the Medium Kit (because they seem to run a tad light... I have the light kit for Bare Minerals) and it is a beautiful match! For summer, I will order more tan shades, but tossing a bronzer over my medium shades will work well too!

At any rate, my boyfriend couldn't stop looking at me, and said I looked very pretty the first evening I wore it out with him. He didn't say it was my makeup... he just said I looked fabulous... and he couldn't stop with the compliments (We've been going out for 4 & 1/2 years... so it's not like we just started dating and he was trying to flatter me!)

However, I still use the Bare Minerals brushes because I love their soft feel so much! Combined with this makeup, I feel great! The coverage is very natural and lightweight but covers like nothing else before! Dark circles gone! Blemish marks gone! Redness around my nose gone! All that is left, is a pretty face! Try it and I hope you love it as much as me!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2006 2:33:00 AM More reviews by GODSMACKSGURL

I have very active acne prone skin along with blemishes plus redness that makes it almost impossible to cover. I have tried many foundations hoping for that flawless finish only to be disappointed. I love the feel of mineral foundation because it is light and doesn't feel like you're wearing any makeup. I have tried BE for many years but it still always looked cakey and flaky on me. I then decided to try Supernatural Airbrush Canvas foundation from Philosophy and although it looked better it was chalky. I decided to go back to liquid to get the coverage I needed and have been using Estee Lauder's Double Wear which gives me the flawless look I want but feels heavy on my skin and seems to break me out and leave my skin red after each night of removing it. I've seen the infomerical for Sheer Cover for about a year now and thought it would probably be like all the other mineral foundations so I didn't want to purchase only to have to send it back until I went to my local Ulta store and saw it there. I thought I can try it and if I don't like it I can always get my money back without the hassle of the mail and wait. I was so excited once I tried the concealer. It felt very light and it actually covered all my blemishes and acne and made my skin look so much better before I even applied the mineral foundation. Once I finished concealing I blended alittle bit of the two foundation colors and swirled, tapped, and buffed it on my skin and it blended so flawlessly with the concealer as if it melted into my skin within minutes. Alittle bit of the finishing powder to set it and I couldn't believe how pretty my skin looked. I can honestly say that I have finally found my HG foundation and I will never wear another liquid or cakey powder again. Thank You Sheer Cover!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2006 4:50:00 AM More reviews by DeeSmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

So here are your choices of foundation shades: light, med, tan, dark. Each shade group contains two foundation powder kits-- on both extreme ends of your unique shade spectrum-- that you blend yourself until you achieve the exact shade that's right for you.

So I tried the MU in dark (being black African). I have to say it was very difficult to apply. I couldn't seem to get the right blend of foundation and it looked fake under natural light. It also didn't feel light-- I mean it felt like I was wearing makeup. Overall, I found it disappointing. If you're my skin tone, about Gabrielle Union's shade, then may I suggest you try Becca's pressed powder foundation in Chestnut? Works much better, covers seamlessly , and doesn't clog pores.

Btw, the customer service reps at Sheer Cover are incredibly inefficient. I (unequivocally) cancelled my order-- after the first and only $36 shipment-- in Dec (the 15th to be exact) and returned the second order they insisted on sending me, completely unopened. It's now March and they've charged me $97 to date and can't seem to understand that I no longer receive their product in the mail. I did speak to a reasonable person on the phone today and he promises they will process my refund tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2006 4:56:00 PM More reviews by missamerica32

My new HG!!! I dont believe I will ever be able to live without this product! My DH even noticed the difference, and that rarely happens, I mean this man doesn't even notice when I cut or color my hair unless I bring it to his attention, and even then he doesn't often recognize a difference. So the fact that he noticed was AMAZING!!! He knew I had bought new makeup b/c he picked up the package from the P.O. and called me to ask what Sheer Cover was. I told him it was makeup and that was the end of that conversation, LOL! He didn't want to know anymore. :o) But he seriously asked me last night if I was wearing my new makeup and I said yes and he said he could tell b/c most of the time my makeup looked greasy and cakey and scaley. Which I was kinda' shocked that he thought I had been looking so awful, and I'll tell you, I've been using all kinds of brands from very expensive to very cheap, so it wasn't a particular brand that I was using then. It's just that this stuff is that good. I have had terrible acne for about 11 years now, and I can honestly say I have used alot of cakey makeups to cover up my scars and imperfections. I dont' really have active acne anymore but I do have alot of scarring and discoloration, and this stuff covers it up without being cakey or pastey or oily and greasy. Just a nice sheer feeling cover. I ran out one day and tried to give my old liquid foundation a try... NO WAY will I ever be able to wear that crap again. My skin felt like it was suffocating. It was gross! So I say to everyone that I recommend this product to: please don't try it unless you are willing to always use it, b/c you can't go back!" It's just so wonderful. I tried Bare Minerals, and although I love it too, this stuff really is better for me. It is not as glowy, so it's better for daytime wear, and it is not as expensive, so even I can afford it, and it's more natural looking, and it's easier to blend, and it really keeps my oily skin from becoming shiny. Bare Minerals did not do this. My mid day with Bare Minerals, I needed to retouch. I actually have gotten so accustomed to retouching with every makeup I've ever used that I put on my make up in the morning the first day I used this, and then went about my day, then my DH called at around 3 or 4 pm and said to get ready b/c we were going out for the evening, so I went to go touch up my makeup and went into my bathroom and looked in the mirror, and didn't need to. I stood there looking in the mirror trying to find some place I needed to touch up. So I slapped on some more lipstick and some mascara, and I was done! WOW! That is amazing, because I usually need to practically reapply by that time of the day if I plan to go out!
Well, I just really recommend this, and if you want to ask anything, just send me a message, b/c I don't mind answering questions on this one at all. :o)
UPDATE: Okay, so I have pretty much gone back to BE, because I HATE the auto-ship on this. It makes me angry. Also, the concealer is not good for me, it creased under my eyes, so I looked old, and now that it's hot and humid here, the pastey look has appeared. But, this will not be out of my makeup cabinet, just not as often. I do like the feel, but darn I wish they had more products like BE does. Oh, but I LOOOVE the Sheer Cover finishing powder. It's like 100 times better than BE Mineral Veil. Was perfect for me!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 3:18:00 AM More reviews by gemini36

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! Looks very natural and covers. With this makeup less is more. Really a little goes a long way, another reviewer below said that it is not great for daytime. However I disagree it is the most natural looking makeup I have ever used. Was using BE, but like this way better because it covers more but also looks more natural! Go Figure!Will definately repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2006 2:43:00 PM More reviews by jillhickey

Okay, this is the closest thing I've ever found for being a HOLY GRAIL product. I, too, have tried them all (BM, Youngblood, Iredale, La Bella Donna, several from Ebay sellers, Phys. Form, Urban Decay, etc etc.) and this one is the best. It's just the best on all accounts: price, coverage (not glowy and making pores look huge), a concealer that actually works, colors are good (I'm an NC 25 or so and got Med. and it worked great). The days when I wear it, I really (cheesily but true) DO feel more confident!

Really a GEM in the MMU world.

JLH

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2006 10:46:00 PM More reviews by eurydice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont do TV shopping but Leeza Gibbons made me B E L I E V E ... And you know what, its a fine product. I rarely use it all over my face - I have my Diorskin and Chanel Vitalumieres for that purpose - what I use Sheer Cover for is dusting over the very mild rosacea on my chin, and any other imperfections. Its fabulous for inflammation, and doesnt budge. I should say that I did experiment will full face coverage, but at 45 I just dont have the oil to get the glow a younger skin would get from this. I've taken off a lippy for this reason. Oh, one thing, the cleanser they send ... pee eeeeewwww ... smelt like an oil tanker (I know I bang on about odour alot, but its important! And whilst I realise scent is a subjective thing, I challenge anyone to tell me they want to put something that smells like sump on their face!). OK had vent :)