October 22, 2014 | 1747 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2006 12:20:00 AM More reviews by bmcm1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I WANT to love this product. I have used it for a few weeks now just hoping that I would finally be able to say it is worth the money. However, I have decided it was a waste. It isn't that I hate it, but it isn't fabulous either.

I have very "average" skin, my only hope was to find a product that left me feeling like I wasn't wearing a ton of makeup and one that just left an overall "nice" look. What I have is a product that makes my pores look more pronounced, makes the area under my eyes look TERRIBLE, and makes my skin feel itchy. I have never had any of these problems with any other products I have used so I am not impressed at all. Like others have said, the packaging is cheap as cheap can be. The brushes start falling apart from the first time you use them to apply the makeup...and you end up having to pick pieces off of your face, so much for time saving. And having to mix products is a HUGE pain.

The only good thing I can say is that I used it to cover a scar my daughter has on her face and it worked better then anythign else I have tried. I think if you are looking more for coverage of trouble areas/redness etc (but NOT for fine lines or pores as it doesn't do a THING for that) then this might be the thing for you. Other then that....I wouldn't spend the money....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2006 2:36:00 AM More reviews by starskye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin, and I use the Golden & Almond combination Sheer Cover with medium concealer. I have tried Bare Escentuals in the past but I found my skin oily after washing, applying oil-free moisturizer, then English Ideas Primer finally buffing in the mineral powder. Then I saw the sheer cover infomercial and decided to try it. Again my face was still oily, I think because of the constant swirling of the brush on my face when applying the makeup. So I decided to return it and I called to cancel and told the customer rep my situation. She said to try NOT using moisturizer before applying sheer cover. Instead, I washed my face, applied my English Ideas foundation primer,NO MOISTURIZER, then I apply the Sheer Cover Concealer (in which I absolutely love), next I buff in a little of my tan finishing powder all over to absorb any kind of oil before I finally apply the Sheer Cover mineral foundation. My trick for applying it without it looking so cakey is I mix the right amount of colors until I get the color I like, then I put the already mixed powder in an old empty sheer cover container and mixed in the container covered. From that point, I put a little of my mix into the cover like you would for Bare Minerals and SWIRL, TAP, & BUFF, onto my face. That way your brush has just enough minerals to apply to your face so it won't look too thick. And if you need more coverage, then add a little more to the cap and swirl, tap and buff again. I would also say allow a little time in between before going to the next step from primer to concealer to buffing in the mineral powder.

To add to this, it really is hard to find foundation. I used to use chanel powder foundation and I always felt like I would have to add more powder to my face for more coverage but the color was never right for me so I switched besides it being so expensive.

Makeup is always noticeable, we just need to find a GOOD cleanser, toner, moisturizer, primer and concealer if we even want to look even close to flawless with makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2006 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this in the newest shade, "Frost", which is the lightest color they make. Unfortunately, if you wear Bare Escentuals "Fair", this foundation will be way too dark and yellow for you, as it was for me. The shade selection aside....the formula was okay. It is slightly more matte than BE and the coverage seems to be more sheer. If you need more coverage, I would definitely go with BE or Everyday Minerals. All in all, this is a fairly decent mineral foundation, but definitely not worth the $$$$.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2006 10:48:00 PM More reviews by debryan

Beats BE. Better buildable coverage and more natural looking, not as glowy/oily after a few hours, does't make your pores look like giant holes, stays on all day. IMHO best brush to apply is Sephora's bronzer brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2006 8:19:00 AM More reviews by patpatpat

I'm reviewing for my mom... I bought her a set in Medium for mother's day so she's been using it for almost a month now. Before this she used BE and never thought to change, very happy with the results already. But me being me, always looking for something better suggested she tried this. So I bought a set off ebay knowing the troubles people have in returning unwanted sets and stopping subscription I knew ordering off Sheer Cover would be a bad idea. Anyway, back to this product. My mom really only uses the Latte because adding any of the other color makes it too light for her. The 1 lippie taken off was mainly for this. You are forced to buy more product than is required! She totally raves the concealer and with the finishing powder her skin is flawless and matt-ish the whole day. With BE she would be oily after 3 hours or so. No complaints about too much coverage, but I reckon she doesn't put it on very heavily... The brushes that came with it really sucked. Cleanser's ok too and the moisturizer has a white cast to it? I don't know, that's what my mom says anyway! Will definitely keep her stocked up on the Latte and the concealer. Other items in the set I will not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2006 4:07:00 PM More reviews by bonjus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is good mineral makeup if you want full coverage and the shades are great. The only problem is the coverage is too heavy. I'ved used minerals for a couple yeard now and this is the heaviest coverage of them all. Covers blemishes wonderfully, but too heavy for my whole face. My DH even commented that it makes your skin look "fake." I only now use it as a blemish concealer since it works better than BE or Everyday minerals for that.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2006 4:26:00 PM More reviews by karoleeny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WARNING: DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!
First of all, I was too exited to even care about the price of this product. When I ordered I asked the service rep several times how this payment thing worked and she repeated more than 3 times that it was $29.99 for a month worth of this product and that i would be charged ONLY 3 times. 3 months go by and I'm having fun with the product but I was also not completly satisfied, I have acne and it covered well but my face looked so horrible, chalky and very made up and i did not use much of the product. I end up using it all up, not noticing that 3 months had gone by so quickly and I call them up and ask them to send me the second kit. To my knowledge the lady I spoke to the first time I ordered, she told me i would only be charged 3 times for 3 kits, so i thought ok I've already payed so I might as well get it over with and then after this I will go back to Bare Minerals. I WAS CHARGED $250 FOR THIS!!
I was horrified. I was so angry that I called and cancelled and told the guy that the lady told me a whole different story. It was suppose to be 29.99 for each month, and each kit is a 3 month supply, meaning YOU ARE PAYING MORE THAN 100 DOLLARS FOR ONE KIT. Those assholes tried to hide the fact that they ARE more expensive than Bare Minerals. In fact BM is WAY cheaper if you look at it this way, They have AMAZING brushes, high quality containers and they don't have as much chemicals in their product like these guys do. I hope you do not order this product, not for the quality but for the price, its too expensive for these cheap packaged and crappy dollar joint brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2006 2:53:00 PM More reviews by freespirit214

I was using BE until I switched to this brand 3 years ago. My skin is on the oily/combo side and after an hour of putting on BE my face looked very shiny. I don't get shine at all with this product, yet it's not real matte looking on me either. What it does is it makes my skin look naturally pretty, like I'm not wearing any foundation. Good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2006 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Sarah8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a mineral make-up junkie. Out of all the major brands (and minor ones) I've tried, this one covers the best. It actually looks like you have on liquid foundation without the "mask" outline. Complaint #1: the ingredients are not all "natural" whether its the powder, concealer or the moisturizer\cleanser. In fact, loaded with chemicals. Complaint #2: The plastic containers are cheap and flimsy and the brushes are the worst in the world. But if you need a lot of coverage and have your own natural bristle brushes, this one is for you. If you're looking for "totally natural", go with "Everyday Minerals". If packaging and fun are your thing, do Bare Escentuals.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2006 1:52:00 AM More reviews by walbema

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not find the product likeable at all.... first you have to mix 2 shades... the brush that comes w/ the kit is horrilble... it started to shed the 3rd time i used it, so i had black hairs all over my face and neck....
the product depending upon the moisturizer i used under it, turned a funny kind of gray on my skin. Additionally this product emphasizes the size of your pores as well as fine lines....i don't know what they are talking about by putting on more of the finishing powder, it made it worse!

absolutely horrible looking, and w/ respect to the concealer, it was just ok..
For $12 more, you can buy a wonderful Chanel foundation that looks great, applies easily, and gives you a flawless face......this shit stinks.....
i sent mine back immediately!!