July 24, 2014 | 1883 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by bikini21

Went to Sephora to buy it after reading the great reviews here, but they were out of #300 (only shade out of the 4 available that looked similar to my shade).. and so went to Macys and bought it at the Dior counter for 60.00 beans! One of 2 most expensive foundations I have bought so far... other one is the Custom Blend from Prescriptives.

I tried the AirFlash two days later, and it honestly is kind of hard to spray evenly onto my face... I used the circular motions that some recommended in other reviews, but it came out gunky and it is hard to keep my finger at the same pressure for my entire face (gets really tiring!). As it turns out, some parts were a little heavier-looking, and I had to use my Bobbie Brown foundation brush and blend it to other face parts so that it wouldn't looks so uneven. The nose is particularly difficult to spray due to the angles of the nose. The spray really got everywhere! On my eyelashes (had to put on extra extra mascara to cover the foundation color) and my eyebrows (used hot water on paper towel to remove) and worst of all is it went all over my hair! And it really stayed put on your hairline.. so, you have to use water to get rid of the foundation, which would be bad if you had styled your hair a particular style... but I didn't that day and I just used water to rub out the foundation.

As for the wear, it really does wear well.. from morning to night, and I was out for 10+ hours, and it looked really fresh up until I removed it.

All in all, I have had this foundation for about 1.5 weeks and I only used it ONCE. I think it is a hassle putting it on: you need a steady finger pressure, aerosol makes it go everywhere, and you need to retouch with foundation brush on over-sprayed spots and the nose areas. As much as I wanted to like the Dior AirFlash, I would not buy this again.. you can just save money and buy a professional airbrush system if you really want the airbrushed look! Hmm.. that's a thought for me! Hope this is hopeful to those debating to get this or not! It is a steep investment! ($60 for a can; 4 shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2007 9:57:00 AM More reviews by MonikaG

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. It gives such a great finish. My skin has this healthy natural glow and all the imperfections are gone. I am so happy I came upon this at the Dior counter. It is my first Dior purchase and the price was well worth it. I will buy again and again and again. I hope it never gets discontinued!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Zodan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best foundation I have ever used. It comes on perfect, covers so well (just put concealer on first) and you can build it up if your skin is bad.
Only downsides are that it finishes quickly and it's a bit expensive.
But totally worth it for fabulous looking skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2007 1:58:00 AM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is AMAZING. I bought it (#300) for my wedding back in October, as I decided after several failed pro makeup trials to do my own. I wanted something that would be easy to apply perfectly with a flawless finish, and that would photograph well. This DELIVERED on all counts. It was SUPER easy to spray on (had it perfect by the second try) and it made my face look like a perfectly airbrushed magazine makeup ad. With Smashbox PhotoFinish underneath, that was ALL I used on my face. No need to set with powder. I have weird skin, so I blot all my makeup before leaving the house with blotting papers. One blot was enough to keep it perfect for the rest of the night even without powder over it. It looked like satin. The only miniscule complaint is that my skin felt a little tight, as I have really dry skin, but this was NOT that bad...similar to the feeling of when I apply my Bare Minerals (my everyday HG) with the kabuki brush. The photos of my face from the wedding were SUPERB. I could not have gotten better results with a pro artist. Even my very upscale photographer commented that my skin was amazing in the photographs - now THAT'S something!!!

Yes, it's pricey. I don't wear anything more than BE on a daily basis, but if I did, this would be my everyday HG. It's DEFINITELY my special occasion/made up HG! I have found in the past that liquid or creme foundations leave my skin shiny after just a short time and get creases when I smile which adds years onto my appearance. I used my normal moisturizer under this and had no greasies after my usual one blotting. Oh, and I didn't break out later!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 6:28:00 PM More reviews by amara_lani

This is definitely the most expensive foundation I have ever purchased. I thought I would save it for special occasions or when going out, but I have ended up using it on most days. I can achieve a very natural, flawless, beautiful look with this. The Christian Dior national artist at Nordstrom's Trend Show taught me how to apply it for the most natural finish - always apply a good moisturizer with SPF first, and eye cream, and then apply any serums you may wish to use. Then, with hair pulled back away from face, shake can 5x and spray lightly across the cheeks and bridge of nose, and blend in with a dry sponge or foundation brush. Finally, lightly spray a tiny amount on the forehead and chin and blend in. The coverage is excellent and I like that I can layer it as necessary to cover a few discolorations and scars on my cheek. I use the 200 color, a perfect match for my skin tone. It is very necessary for me to apply bronzer and blush after this to give my face some color and depth. I will probably repurchase this since it is the perfect amount of coverage, just where I need it. Perfect for days when I want to add a little lipcolor, mascara and eye liner and run out the door.

Update 10/17/08:
Butane as an ingredient? Are you kidding me? Even the makeup artist tried to get me to buy a different product from Dior, "a little less toxic" were her exact words. Anyhow, I am eschewing all department store brands (with the exception of Pangea which some Nordstrom stores started carrying!!) My foundation preferences: Suki, Terra Frima, Alima Satin Matte.

**I reserve a 5-lippie rating for products that shine above the rest in terms of efficacy, and based on toxicity and comedogenicity. I have a strong interest in consumer health and setting higher standards for the beauty industry. I extensively research products developed with consumer health in mind. This is my personal quest to find the best-quality products. We shouldn't have to choose between beauty and health.**

10 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2006 1:39:00 PM More reviews by streckerj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation. It only took me 3 times to get the application technique down. I sprayed too much the first couple of times and it looked a little masky. I now spray lightly in a circular motion. I put my hair back with a headband. I'm finding I'm not getting it in my hair or on the towel I use on my chest at all. I then quickly wipe off my eyebrows. Since I wear mascara and lipstick anytime I put foundation, (most every day), on I don't worry about wiping off the foundation from my lashes and lips. I think this stuff makes my face look great. Great coverage that lasts all day. It is expensive, but to me it is worth it and I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2006 7:49:00 PM More reviews by cyprine

This is a very gimmicky product. The color selection is laughable, it doesn't spray on evenly, takes forever to dry, and the price is ridiculous ($60?!). I tried the color closest to my skintone (300 -- I am a MAC NC30 for reference). It was an okay match at first, but then turned orange later.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 4:56:00 PM More reviews by encinogirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually have a lot to say about the tone and texture of this foundation, but everyone else pretty much seemed to elaborate in it in their own way. I will say that I am very pale (discoloration due to abrasion done by cleansers and skin care products over years) with just about the worst acne scars and continuing acne. I've literally used hundreds of different foundations, and this is the best. The most notable element is that it looks great in just about every stage of lighting. I tried it on at a store with nearly white lighting, and it looked natural. It looks the best in orange-tinted lighting. It can look rather pale, but still natural, while outdoors and in darker areas. I use Cameo #202. I don't know if I'd recommend it to those who are planning to order it before testing it. Sephora is the only store I know of that carries it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2006 2:59:00 PM More reviews by pookaloo

This is perfect for special occasions or interviews. The color match was not exact but it seems not to matter because of the texture of it-- like a powder doesn't match skin color exactly, either. Coverage is excellent, natural looking, and long lasting;it makes my skin look quite beautiful and even, actually. I am in my early 30s with very very pale skin, a few large pores, some fine lines, and very sensitive skin. I use a very good moisturizer first, a fairly greasy one that I use at night, actually, to prevent any cracking (which has never happened). Then I use the foundation over concealer, either as a regular foundation (spray on my hand, then dab on with my fingers) or using the spray for better coverage. I have used it a few times for stressful special events and been really happy with it holding up despite time, perspiration, etc; it's also wonderful for daily use but I don't use it often because of the price. I got a good deal on my purchase, and if I get the same price, I'd buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2006 1:27:00 AM More reviews by ShannonLam

This foundation is really great. It evens out my skintone and is really light and fresh looking. My sister was the one who actually bought it, I on the other hand think its way too expensive for such a tiny can. If it was 40 dollars instead of 60 dollars I would definitely buy my own bottle. But i dont think its worth 60 dollars, because it seems like it would run out really quickly. I did however buy the MAC studio mist foundation which is generally the same thing, but I'm sure the Dior one is better...as most of their products are of best quality. But the MAC one was only 34 dollars, so I bought it instead. Too bad. Edit: The MAC Studio Mist Foundation is of no comparison! The light-medium shade is way too orange. Edit: Not sure..but after awhile I found that it makes my skin look a bit grey...weird...