Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 5/4/2003 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have very oily skin so I need something that lasts to eliminates shine. When first applied, the Clinique powder worked great, but about an hour later my skin was even more oily and looked very slick. It was horrible! The powder is quite heavy so when I reapplied it would cake onto my skin and look very thick - you could see it in layers! I bought this powder for years and didn't realize that there were others out there that worked differently and better. I am so glad that I read the reviews for MAC blot powder as it works sooooo much better. Don't bother with this powder if your skin is oily as it will only make it worse.

on 4/20/2003 11:57:00 PM

I wanted to like Clinique products, but everything I have bought (except for the quickliner for eyes in new black) has been a disapointment. This powder worked...for about 2 minutes. I would look in the mirror a couple hours later and my oily spots were even more oily. Did Clinique think this product through or were they just in a hurry to sell something new. Big waste of money.

on 4/20/2003 9:38:00 AM

I LOVE this oil-free pressed powder. It gives a good amount ocf coverage and never look like I have a cakey face. It really keeps my skin tone even and goes on really well. I will def. rebuy!

on 4/19/2003 3:57:00 PM

GOT this when i was at the mall w/ my bf in the Garden Party package.. I love this.. this covers evenly.. not looking powdery or weird.. the case is so cute! makes all the other ones ppl at my school use look horrible! I love how this goes on.. looks so clean and matte! it works well too.. and the refil is reasonably priced! so i am acutally paying a lot for the casing. :) UPDATE: I have tried this for a few days and it works great. Even coverage goes on smooth and LASTS for along time.. i don't see why the other people are complaining.. there is no oil in this at all. Personally, I don't think this makes you more oily

on 4/14/2003 11:11:00 PM

I like this powder in stay spice. I do wish that the sponge was seperate from the powder. I wish I could find a good match in a powder foundation because I need just a little more coverage and I'm set.

on 4/13/2003 3:28:00 PM

What shall I say. The sponge it comes with, was really good. Otherwise I didn't like it at all. It's really, really matte, and if you have normal and sensitive skin like me, you end up looking very artificial and chalky. I think it's a very densely pigmented powder, almost as if it is a powder foundation. But if you're a bit on the oily side, and prefer heavier coverage in your powder, this would be a good pick... The color was nice though, the second lightest tone - matte neutral - was a perfect match for me, and I really like that it has an olive tint in it.

on 3/27/2003 4:47:00 PM

I bought this in hopes that it'd solve all my shine problems. Ok, big mistake, i used it once, and i thought, hm..maybe i'm just looking too hard, so i used it again in hopes it'd work better. Nope! Immediately after i put it on, it created shine! Plus there is mineral oil in the ingrediants!

on 3/27/2003 2:06:00 AM

Im not a big fan of pressed powders - and i didn't find this to control oil all day.
Blended ok, and i probably wouldn't re purchase this.

on 3/22/2003 12:32:00 AM

This is probably one of the best oil-free pressed powders for the price. It looks smooth, never cakey, and controls oil. Plus, it has a fairly decent color selection.

on 3/17/2003 7:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have used this powder for about 10 years now - no kidding! :) I have tried other ones, and keep going back to this. Am happy with the shade (I use the lightest, stay buff). However, I go through phases - sometimes, it is awesome, looks flawless and great, other times, it looks cakey/heavy. I guess it depends what foundation I wear with it, how much I put on throughout the day, etc. I try not to use it to blot all day long (am trying to train myself to use blotting papers) as it does build up. This is not a completely sheer powder. It does have coverage in it. In the morning, I use it before going out the door and it sets my makeup and gives me a nice polished finish. Overall, I've been happy with this powder, like I said, I always go back to it.