July 24, 2014 | 997 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2003 3:28:00 PM More reviews by martini2000

What shall I say. The sponge it comes with, was really good. Otherwise I didn't like it at all. It's really, really matte, and if you have normal and sensitive skin like me, you end up looking very artificial and chalky. I think it's a very densely pigmented powder, almost as if it is a powder foundation. But if you're a bit on the oily side, and prefer heavier coverage in your powder, this would be a good pick... The color was nice though, the second lightest tone - matte neutral - was a perfect match for me, and I really like that it has an olive tint in it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2003 4:47:00 PM More reviews by djsmallfry

I bought this in hopes that it'd solve all my shine problems. Ok, big mistake, i used it once, and i thought, hm..maybe i'm just looking too hard, so i used it again in hopes it'd work better. Nope! Immediately after i put it on, it created shine! Plus there is mineral oil in the ingrediants!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2003 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Fiend

Im not a big fan of pressed powders - and i didn't find this to control oil all day.
Blended ok, and i probably wouldn't re purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2003 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Lacy

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is probably one of the best oil-free pressed powders for the price. It looks smooth, never cakey, and controls oil. Plus, it has a fairly decent color selection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2003 7:40:00 PM More reviews by jenvince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this powder for about 10 years now - no kidding! :) I have tried other ones, and keep going back to this. Am happy with the shade (I use the lightest, stay buff). However, I go through phases - sometimes, it is awesome, looks flawless and great, other times, it looks cakey/heavy. I guess it depends what foundation I wear with it, how much I put on throughout the day, etc. I try not to use it to blot all day long (am trying to train myself to use blotting papers) as it does build up. This is not a completely sheer powder. It does have coverage in it. In the morning, I use it before going out the door and it sets my makeup and gives me a nice polished finish. Overall, I've been happy with this powder, like I said, I always go back to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2003 11:21:00 PM More reviews by catrpillrgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG powder.Clinique is awesome! Only $16.00. It blends perfect, I think nuetral works for all light/medium shades. It sets makeup perfect, wears for hours, and doesn't look chalky. It also softens the appearance of my skin.The texture is divine! ( My skin is oily by the way.)This doesn't keep shine away completely, but I use shine free foundation, so only need to touch up once or twice the whole day. The compact also lasts forever. I've had mine over a year and there's tons left.This looks nicer than Mac Blot, which looked chalky to me. If you want to try a powder..I would totally recommend this one! It works with whatever foundation I'm wearing.*update* My skin's been oily lately, and I've discovered that this powder's not keeping the shine away as well, I had oily breakthrough in less time, and had to touch up a lot more..but I do live in the south. Still love it, though:)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2003 8:17:00 PM More reviews by chi_chi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good powder for covering up light blemishes on your skin. I found that it didn't "stay matte" for long on my face (I have oily skin) especially in the summer! I didn't necessarily have to reapply, but I did have to use blotting sheets to get rid of the excess oil. A decent powder overall if you have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2003 5:28:00 PM More reviews by kimiannie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is quite a decent pressed powder. It doesn't look too obvious on the face, it doesn't dry me out, and it doesn't accentuate dry flakes (unless I put it on too heavy). It doesn't, however, keep me matte for longer than a couple of hours in my T-zone, so it doesn't have the best staying power. I really DO hate pulling out the green compact, though, and would prefer a more subtle packaging. However, the Stay Neutral is a perfect match for my skin, and until I find something better, this is the one I'll be repurchasing for every-day use.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2003 5:16:00 PM More reviews by vKnight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It was pretty good in terms of not being flaky or forming little crusts around dry patches; however, it didn't keep my oily t-zone completely shine-free for too long. I'd say it stayed matte for about 3 to 4 hours max, and I'm not very oily. No offensive scents, didn't cause me to break out, nice (altho a little on the big side) packaging and sponge, and the price was fair. ^_^
****UPDATE****: I've been using this for almost a year now. I suppose I can add that to the list of good things about this powder -- that it lasts a looooooooong time. Of course, I only apply it in the morning and altho, like I said before, I do get oily during mid-day, I rarely retouch my makeup. The powder, in my opinion, is still fairly good. Never caused any breakouts. The colour, Stay Buff, is a tad too pink for my taste but is so sheer it doesn't create too much of a problem. I don't think I'll be purchasing this again though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2003 3:47:00 AM More reviews by crimqueen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good powder--nice coverage, evens my skin out, not cakey. One of the few Clinique products that I will repurchase.