Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 4/20/2003 11:57:00 PM

I wanted to like Clinique products, but everything I have bought (except for the quickliner for eyes in new black) has been a disapointment. This powder worked...for about 2 minutes. I would look in the mirror a couple hours later and my oily spots were even more oily. Did Clinique think this product through or were they just in a hurry to sell something new. Big waste of money.

on 4/20/2003 9:38:00 AM

I LOVE this oil-free pressed powder. It gives a good amount ocf coverage and never look like I have a cakey face. It really keeps my skin tone even and goes on really well. I will def. rebuy!

on 4/19/2003 3:57:00 PM

GOT this when i was at the mall w/ my bf in the Garden Party package.. I love this.. this covers evenly.. not looking powdery or weird.. the case is so cute! makes all the other ones ppl at my school use look horrible! I love how this goes on.. looks so clean and matte! it works well too.. and the refil is reasonably priced! so i am acutally paying a lot for the casing. :) UPDATE: I have tried this for a few days and it works great. Even coverage goes on smooth and LASTS for along time.. i don't see why the other people are complaining.. there is no oil in this at all. Personally, I don't think this makes you more oily

on 4/14/2003 11:11:00 PM

I like this powder in stay spice. I do wish that the sponge was seperate from the powder. I wish I could find a good match in a powder foundation because I need just a little more coverage and I'm set.

on 4/13/2003 3:28:00 PM

What shall I say. The sponge it comes with, was really good. Otherwise I didn't like it at all. It's really, really matte, and if you have normal and sensitive skin like me, you end up looking very artificial and chalky. I think it's a very densely pigmented powder, almost as if it is a powder foundation. But if you're a bit on the oily side, and prefer heavier coverage in your powder, this would be a good pick... The color was nice though, the second lightest tone - matte neutral - was a perfect match for me, and I really like that it has an olive tint in it.

on 3/27/2003 4:47:00 PM

I bought this in hopes that it'd solve all my shine problems. Ok, big mistake, i used it once, and i thought, hm..maybe i'm just looking too hard, so i used it again in hopes it'd work better. Nope! Immediately after i put it on, it created shine! Plus there is mineral oil in the ingrediants!

on 3/27/2003 2:06:00 AM

Im not a big fan of pressed powders - and i didn't find this to control oil all day.
Blended ok, and i probably wouldn't re purchase this.

on 3/22/2003 12:32:00 AM

This is probably one of the best oil-free pressed powders for the price. It looks smooth, never cakey, and controls oil. Plus, it has a fairly decent color selection.

on 3/17/2003 7:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have used this powder for about 10 years now - no kidding! :) I have tried other ones, and keep going back to this. Am happy with the shade (I use the lightest, stay buff). However, I go through phases - sometimes, it is awesome, looks flawless and great, other times, it looks cakey/heavy. I guess it depends what foundation I wear with it, how much I put on throughout the day, etc. I try not to use it to blot all day long (am trying to train myself to use blotting papers) as it does build up. This is not a completely sheer powder. It does have coverage in it. In the morning, I use it before going out the door and it sets my makeup and gives me a nice polished finish. Overall, I've been happy with this powder, like I said, I always go back to it.

on 3/13/2003 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG powder.Clinique is awesome! Only $16.00. It blends perfect, I think nuetral works for all light/medium shades. It sets makeup perfect, wears for hours, and doesn't look chalky. It also softens the appearance of my skin.The texture is divine! ( My skin is oily by the way.)This doesn't keep shine away completely, but I use shine free foundation, so only need to touch up once or twice the whole day. The compact also lasts forever. I've had mine over a year and there's tons left.This looks nicer than Mac Blot, which looked chalky to me. If you want to try a powder..I would totally recommend this one! It works with whatever foundation I'm wearing.*update* My skin's been oily lately, and I've discovered that this powder's not keeping the shine away as well, I had oily breakthrough in less time, and had to touch up a lot more..but I do live in the south. Still love it, though:)