MAC Dollymix

4.4

on 6/9/2007 7:07:00 PM

I was hoping I'd love dollymix but no...It's too bright for my neutral fair skin. Even using a light hand I need to be extra cautious so I don't look like a clown.
I must say that people always ask me if its cold outside, maybe that's a good sign since nobody thinks I'm wearing blush.
I will never buy again since I'll probably be swapping or abandoning it in the back of my drawer. MAC has much better colors.
But I think this will look lovely on darker skinned gals.
EDIT: I've been using 187 to apply this and it works much better. I've been reaching for it more and more

on 5/16/2007 10:16:00 PM

My favorite pink blush. For reference I wear Studiofix in C3. It complements my skintone so nicely. It looks a little bright in the pan and I was a bit scared to try it. It's not so bright or pink on. I get a really natural flushed look from this. It also seems to go with most lipcolors, from red gloss to nude.

on 4/18/2007 9:51:00 PM

this looks bright pink in the pan, but is actually quite sheer. However, you should always start with a little and blend. I've moved on from MAC blushes and prefer NARS blushes now. I find that desire almost have a similar pink cheeks effect on me.

on 4/8/2007 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

every single time i passed the MAC counter i stared this blush down because i love anything bright colored and this blush just jumped out at me. well finally after passing this color up a dozen times i gave in a bought it and i definitely don't regret it. its so pretty. though it says its a sheertone blush itsn't not. you definitely need a light had for this cause its so bright you don't want to end up looking like a clown. it leaves such a pretty flush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

I had posted asking which was better dollymix or frankly scarlet. Every single person raved about dollymix. I bought it and frankly scarlet and dollymix is what went up for swap!

It looks pretty in the pot, a bright pink, but on me just looked terrible. All shimmer and the color was just unnatural on my ppp skin (nw15). Although this one works for so many people, the color was just unflattering on me.

on 3/1/2007 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The previous reviews give a good description of this shade. The only blushes I use are MAC and NARS powder blushes, as I think they are the best of the best. If you like truly pretty pinks that are not too bright, I strongly recommend MAC's Dollymix, Coygirl and Pink Swoon (they look much nicer on than they look in the containers.) You can't go wrong with NARS Mata Hari either, however, this is very concentrated, so use it with a light hand. If you love pink powder blushes and can afford all four of them, then get them all. I don't think you'll regret it.

on 2/25/2007 2:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I loved this really did and so i bought it; still loved it as i looked at it on the pan and swatched it on my hand: gorgeous! But 2 hours after i applied it, turned red tomatto on me :-( I'm not blaming the product itself, it's just me, some blushes tend to do this and so i always pick them in really light shades.

The color is a lovely doll-ish pink, texture is great too, stays put for a long time. Subtle shimmer.

continued >>

on 2/24/2007 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this. I was looking for a striking and highly pigmented blush so was advised to try this. So many people seem to love this and I was told that it would look great on my pale and cool toned skin. This is described as a pure candy pink and it really is. It didn't bother me that it looked scary pink in the pan, but this was just too bright and unflattering on me. Whenever I wear it I end up looking like a clown - not a good look! Maybe it's just my application technique but I would say that it is too much for me, I am very disappointed as I was hoping this would be *the* blush for me. My advise to others is to try this before you buy it. The search goes on.

on 2/23/2007 1:46:00 PM

As others said, I like this for the "pop" effect you get. Very girlie. For reference I'm a NC30 with dark brown hair and hazel eyes. This blush makes me hazel eyes stand out; looks nice with Pink Poodle lipglass. Can't attest to staying power as I've just bought it, but I've been happy with my other MAC blushes so far. V. similar albeit slightly more wearable than MAC's LE Don't Be Shy from their Barbie collection.

I'm an NW20-25 ish and for me, Dollymix is just an absolutely EFFORTLESS "pop" of perky prettiness on my cheeks. Cheerful, vibrant, sweetie pink is made completely wearable by the foolproof translucent and blendable formula. There's glitter in here which looks formidable in the pot, but once it's on, it translates to just the odd little natural looking twinkle of "dewiness".

Fresher and sweeter than strawberries and ice cream on a hot summer's day, this is absolutely ideal for all of you ladies looking for a "flushed English rose/Jane Austen heroine" look, this nonetheless loses one lippie because I flippin' hate the packaging MAC blushes come in - this is my third, and in every single one of them the "bubble" of clear plastic on the top has come apart from the compact when the blush is carried around in my bag... though to be fair, these MAC blushes are so long-lasting I don't really *need* to carry this about the way I do with some other blushes.... continued >>

Popular Blush Products