November 22, 2014 | 1924 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2005 4:21:00 PM More reviews by beachkitty79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Man, does this stuff have staying power! Excellent product to wear when you're gonna be all sweaty! It's supposed to be waterproof, but I haven't really had the chance to test that out. I'm sure it would still perform well though! The coverage is pretty good as well. My mom is begging me to get her some because I let her try some, and Shiseido is not available in her town.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2005 3:28:00 PM More reviews by LKL6411

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff! Began using it when a friend told me what she was using. I use Shade 10 for my PPP skin and although it looks a little yellow coming out of the container, it blends in perfectly.

Speaking of blending, it's the smoothest foundation I've ever put on. Coverage is medium, buildable. Lasts a long time and does a pretty good job of keeping skin matte.

Very happy with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2005 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Auryane

Despite it's high price tag ($30 USD), I would repurchase this foundation. it's a great 2-in-1 item, which shaves a few minutes off of my morning routine. It goes on flawlessly...I don't look like I'm wearing foundation, merely that I have better skin. It is much better for oily skin (like mine) than dry ones. I have a few dry patches on my forehead (from acne medication), and I find that I need a strong moisturizer underneath (I use clinique's moisture surge) in those areas for the foundation to go on smoothly. Regardless, this is an excellent product for those with oily skin.

The color range goes from sp10(fair) to sp70, though most counters only stock 20-60. I find that sp30 or 40 looks best on my skin. This comes sponge applicator (and a compact container), which you should definitely use--it dries quickly, and the sponge helps to blend it before it dries.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2005 7:12:00 PM More reviews by imkt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good foundation. It went on incredibly light, yet it really did cover up any bits of redness. The sunscreen excellent, and it absolutely lasted the entire day (without changing into funny colours). No reactions to this. I wish they would introduce darker shades (I'm using SP40, the darkest shade available here, but could probably get away with a shade darker). I use MAC cleansing oil morning and evening, so I haven't had any difficulties in its removal. Make sure you have a great cleanser or makeup remover.

UPDATE- Still think this is a great foundation - but not for skin that tends to be more on the dry side. It is matte. If you have oily skin, you my really love this. I've moved on to my absolute HG of foundations -Shiseido's Sun Protection Stick Foundation. I find is perfect for my skin type (the colour, ochre, is perfect as well).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2005 11:35:00 AM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This really is an excellent 2-in -1 product spf & mu. It really lasts and curiously the UVA rating on this spf 40 liquid foundation(I don't know why it's different in Europe) is ÷÷÷ as opposed to the sunscreens spf50, 30, 15 which are all ÷÷ ? Regardless, I hope this means that the PPD is at least 6÷ because anything less than that for a factor 40 is ridiculous- after all this is just for me to runaround town, not bake in the sun. Anyway, the performance for this is really good for a foundation, it covers perfectly- I don't need to use a concealer as well. My skin is exceptionally oily, and though this is not oil free( I have to blot whether I wear mu /sunscreen) , I don't mind as it is much more long lasting than any other foundation I've ever tried (Chanel, Aveda ,C.Dior, La Prarie, Jill Iredale etc.,etc. ) and cheaper with better spf. I am amazed at the coverage- my skin looks flawless- and I have loads of dark scars from my acned days (though fading thanks to ACV & Vit C). Actually, I'm disconcerted at how perfect my skin looks, I feel airbrushed, I like this but it disturbs me because If people get used to seeing me with this on , they will be shocked by my 'regular face' days! BTW application is far more natural with a foundation brush- the sponge included(in it's own little case) gives a heavier application- or you can do what a previous poster does and dilute with your Shiseido sunscreen for a lighter more of a TM effect. One thing though the limited colour selection is a pain- but it depends on the region in Spain you only have three fairly darkish colours 50, 60 & 70 - I chose 60 and this is a perfect match for my NC35-42 skin, but I'm guessing in the US /N.Europe you will be able to get cooler tones. Lastly, Shiseido sell an 'Ulitimate Oil Cleanser' as this is fiendishly hard to remove if you are a cream cleansing type, you must use an oil based, or at least a powerful foaming wash.I either use DHC's oil or Jojoba oil & then Ahava soap- and then my face is pristinely clean. As noted before this comes in a cute little blue bottle. I think this has to be my overall favourite foundation -cheaper & better than Jill Iredale, I finally have something that covers those pesky red capillaries that won't rub off when I touch my face or kiss someone on the cheek.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2005 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Mimibella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow!!! Love, Love, Love this foundation! I am not a liquid foundation person and usually use tinted moisturizer but wanted to try this because of the sun protection. This goes on so smooth and covers just perfect! It stays on ALL day and doesn't melt or move on my face nor does it feel like I am wearing a sun protection foundation. I will be using this year around and will never go back to just my tinted moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2005 2:15:00 PM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

WONDERFUL! I am NC 20-25 and the color sp30 worked great for my yellow undertoned skin! I have large pores, acne scars and an oily Tzone....gone with this stuff! I use this with a brush for a more even finish and it covers everything even though it is really watery! I had this on for a full 14 hours this weekend and did not touch up one time! Still looked fresh at bedtime! You have to have an oil remover though b/c it DOES NOT come off! For $30 it's a steal! Havent broken out from this either although I do use a Rx for acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2004 2:14:00 AM More reviews by mtgonzls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read the comments previously while doing research. While I like the color(SP20) and the light coverage and SPF, I've noticed that my chin line where I blend it tends to get a little itchy. It really takes a lot to remove it. Even after a 2 hour workout my towel still didn't take it all off. Definitely use a make-up remover to get it off completely. I'm going to stop using it for a week and see if there are any flare-ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2004 12:34:00 AM More reviews by QAlice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Shiseido Suncare SPF43 PA+++ (SP20):
    I should have got the SP30, but SP20 is more golden, so i end up having another foundation in shade paler then my summer skin ewwwf! It has a light flourish scent which is slightly annoyed me. The texture is watery but dry ultra QUICK so it require quick blending. I can only apply it with sponge for that reason and no one way to look masking in a sporty wear i supposed! The coverage, SPF, oil control, waterproof and true matte finish are great for summer... however, i only used 1x for a day... (i MIGHT repurchase it)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2004 7:53:00 PM More reviews by jodiebk

this is a great foundation in that it's the only one i have found that actually stays put! when i wash my face at the end of the day, it actually appears on my oil of olay disposable washcloth! that's more than i can say for any other foundation i've ever tried! as others have said, they need to increase the color selection. i'm very pale and i wear the second to darkest color!