October 1, 2014 | 1346 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ttyn

very drying formlua ...didint like like the pink undertone...kinda made my skin flakey...diff wont buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by rcangel8082

We all know that foundations are very personal, just as is our skin care routine. What works for one, may not work for another. Well, this definitely works for me. I, like the reviewer a few posts before me, have had so much trouble with high-end foundations because of the silicone content. I used this foundation very happily for a good two years, but though that I could find something better if I paid more. That was a few years ago and the others just don't work for me. I like how light and liquidy the foundation is - it smooths on so easily. It looks completely natural and does not cause breakouts. Not the best oil control, but not bad either. I rather look natural than chalky. Also, most oil controlling foundations cause the worst break-outs on me. I wear this in Beige 240 and it is a great match for me this summer. In the winter I'm a little lighter but usually still wear Beige.

Oh, I also recommended this to a friend about 3 years ago and she hasn't worn anyting since. I highly recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by tiffladines

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product and I curse it at the same time. I bought this in Warm, and the first time that I applied it, I thought I had found my HG. Just like the concealer from this line, it doesn't move, doesn't melt on my face, and it just looks like my skin but way way way flawless. I also thought that the salicylic acid in the formula was a brilliant idea, since I have somewhat acne prone skin that is NOT allergic to salicylic acid (I use -and still use- St.Ives Apricot Scrub and Cleanser with salicylic acid).

Now, here's the bad part:
After a week of using it, red, swollen, and extremely painful zits starting appearing on my face. At first, I was in denial that this foundation was the cause of it, and blamed it on my other facial products. I stopped using them (St. Ives Moisturizer and Nivea Toner)for a week or two, and the pimples just kept on growing. It was horrible. I looked like a walking zit! I haven't broken out like that since I was 14! I finally convinced myself that this foundation was the cause of it. I was still confused because I know I'm not allergic to salicylic acid, so it might've been another ingredient in the formula that had caused me to break out so much. I took both my liquid foundation and compact powder back to SDM and got a refund (I kept my concealer. It's too good to give up and it didn't do damage to my skin). Thank God I got my $30.00 back. I bought Revlon Colorstay in Sand Beige with it, and I couldn't be more satisfied! I love it.

Would I recommend this to anyone?
Yes, absolutely. Sure my skin reacted badly to this, but I'm still going to recommend this based on the quality of the product. Like I said previously, it gave me a natural finish and is very long lasting. It really is ideal for people with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by skibri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this foundation, I use the Ivory color and it is the only foundation I've ever used that has not looked orange on me! My skin is very oily, sensitive, and prone to breaking. I still get a zit here and there but nothing like the huge breakouts that would leave my face swollen and red if I use another kind of face make-up. I think it has particularly good staying power. I was in the california heat all day today but it stayed put until I got it home and removed it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by xAlleGegenAlle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this foundation a few years ago, before Almay revamped their products. I bought a bottle a few days ago on sale and can't figure out why I ever stopped using it! It gives decent coverage without feeling heavy, I can't vouch for the blemish healing properties, as I don't have major issues with breakouts but it does work nicely on my oily skin. My only complain is that when I layed it on its side in the sterilite drawers I use to store my makeup in, it leaked a little bit.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by patriciaofoz

I started using Almay Clear Complexion Liquid Foundation just recently. The foundation I previously used was Laura Mercier's Oil Free Foundation - funnily enough though, that foundation made my face into an oil slick within a few hours. But I persevered with it until I ran out since a) it was an expensive bottle and b) I actually loved the coverage it provided me.

When I finished with my LM, I decided to try Almay's Clear Complexion - much, much cheaper (a definite plus) and I wanted to purchase something that was acne-prone friendly. And although I most of the reviews here saying it made them breakout, I took that with a grain of salt and decided that different people react differently to foundation, so I decided to give it a go.

I've been using it for a whole week and so far, so good. It feels really light on my skin even though I slap on quite a bit of product to cover up my blemishes. The only areas that gets oily is the tip of my nose (compared to the LM foundation, which made my WHOLE face oily). I used Clinique Translucent Powder on top of it and it seems to go well together.

My only qualms so far are:
- I don't like the packaging. After going a year with the LM pump, I do miss just pressing down and getting foundation out. I might try to transfer this foundation to the LM pump, if I can.
- the current shade that I have is a little too light for my skin tone even though I thought I had matched it very closely to my LM foundation - which was a perfect shade. I will have to see if their darker shades will suit my Asian skin tone better

Overall, I'm glad I tried this foundation. It's possible that my skin hasn't broken out because of my new found skin regime. I keep my skin exfoliated and use benzoyl peroxide to keep the blemishes away - so all the credit probably shouldn't go to this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by heinyliciouz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've just purchased this product in neutral #220. It's a little light for my light/medium complexion but looked extremely natural on my skin. It has a nice/fresh matte finish, not cakey at all. I didn't wear it all day so I'm not sure about it's lasting power.
I like that it dries fast and doesn't leave a sticky finish like a lot of the other liquid foundations tend to. Light/medium coverage, if you have problem skin like me, it doesn't completely covers acne/scars, so we still need to use concealer. The coverage is still pretty impressive, considering it's light texture.
Overall, it's definitely worth the price, has a smooth finish. It's supposed to heal blemishes, so it won't cause break outs! Personally, I think neutral 220 is perfect for those of us with light/medium skin tone in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by starablaze

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a fair/yellowish skin tone.
I bought this in 'neutral' #220 and its almost the perfect shade for me (maybe a teensy bit darker than my skin).
I wear this every once in a while (when I need more coverage than just concealer & powder) so I don't know if it does anything for my skin but I do like this foundation a lot.
-------
* Clear the way for beautiful, healthy skin. This soothing makeup heals as it conceals. Infused with meadowsweet to purify, plus aloe and chamomile to protect from dryness and calm redness. Salicylic acid helps clear blemishes and prevent breakouts. Keeps oil at bay all day for naturally flawless, shine-free coverage perfect for everyday wear.
* For oily skin
* Hypoallergenic
* Dermatologist Tested
* Ophthalmologist Tested

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by BlackCat84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is okay, but I don't think it does much for zits. It hasn't really broken me out though. It gives medium coverage, which is acceptable for my skin with it's current pimples and scarring. You may have trouble getting a colour match, as the choices are limited. I use ivory, and it's still a touch too dark, but I was in a pinch at the store. I would like to find something better, but this works for the time being.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by cherrypiekitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. First off I have to say I'm a mineral fanatic, I swore by them for years and my skin was "okay," I had occasional breakouts that I don't attribute to the makeup, but despite any cleansing routine or whatever they would still occur and I assumed I would just have to deal with it.
Well I was at a closeout store the other day (similar to Big Lots) where I picked up a bottle of this for $2.99. Overstock I assume because I still saw this being sold at WalMart the other day so I know it hasn't been discontinued.
I started wearing it a little over a week ago and I have not broken out once. I'm hypersensitive to benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid is the only acne treatment that I'm able to use successfully, and having it combined in a foundation that matches my (very) pale skin tone was incredible. I read somewhere that the percentage in this foundation was so minimal that it couldn't help.. which, yeah, it's not an acne treatment. You're not supposed to glob it on top of your zits and expect them to go away. For me its the perfect amount that it actually *prevents* breakouts, and not enough to dry out my skin. I never had terrible cystic acne or anything; just tiny little whiteheads where my skin just didn't look smooth, and some redness. I haven't changed anything in my skin routine other than this foundation and my skin looks and feels smooth to the touch. Obviously it's going to be different on everyone's skin type but this one is the perfect balance for me. Of course now I'm just bummed that I'll have to pay over $10 for something I once got for only $3, ha...