April 16, 2014 | 1919 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by starablaze

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a fair/yellowish skin tone.
I bought this in 'neutral' #220 and its almost the perfect shade for me (maybe a teensy bit darker than my skin).
I wear this every once in a while (when I need more coverage than just concealer & powder) so I don't know if it does anything for my skin but I do like this foundation a lot.
-------
* Clear the way for beautiful, healthy skin. This soothing makeup heals as it conceals. Infused with meadowsweet to purify, plus aloe and chamomile to protect from dryness and calm redness. Salicylic acid helps clear blemishes and prevent breakouts. Keeps oil at bay all day for naturally flawless, shine-free coverage perfect for everyday wear.
* For oily skin
* Hypoallergenic
* Dermatologist Tested
* Ophthalmologist Tested

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by BlackCat84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is okay, but I don't think it does much for zits. It hasn't really broken me out though. It gives medium coverage, which is acceptable for my skin with it's current pimples and scarring. You may have trouble getting a colour match, as the choices are limited. I use ivory, and it's still a touch too dark, but I was in a pinch at the store. I would like to find something better, but this works for the time being.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by cherrypiekitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. First off I have to say I'm a mineral fanatic, I swore by them for years and my skin was "okay," I had occasional breakouts that I don't attribute to the makeup, but despite any cleansing routine or whatever they would still occur and I assumed I would just have to deal with it.
Well I was at a closeout store the other day (similar to Big Lots) where I picked up a bottle of this for $2.99. Overstock I assume because I still saw this being sold at WalMart the other day so I know it hasn't been discontinued.
I started wearing it a little over a week ago and I have not broken out once. I'm hypersensitive to benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid is the only acne treatment that I'm able to use successfully, and having it combined in a foundation that matches my (very) pale skin tone was incredible. I read somewhere that the percentage in this foundation was so minimal that it couldn't help.. which, yeah, it's not an acne treatment. You're not supposed to glob it on top of your zits and expect them to go away. For me its the perfect amount that it actually *prevents* breakouts, and not enough to dry out my skin. I never had terrible cystic acne or anything; just tiny little whiteheads where my skin just didn't look smooth, and some redness. I haven't changed anything in my skin routine other than this foundation and my skin looks and feels smooth to the touch. Obviously it's going to be different on everyone's skin type but this one is the perfect balance for me. Of course now I'm just bummed that I'll have to pay over $10 for something I once got for only $3, ha...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by angeltearsofthenight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently returned to using this foundation after 2 years of using other high end foundations. I have to say, I have tried every foundation in Sephora and in the department stores. The problem with most foundation is that they contain silicones and usually are quite rich, such as foundations from Dior and Chanel. Sure they keep the oil production at bay, but they cause me to break out like crazy. After two years of switching from various ones, I came back to this one. I have to say this is perfect for my oil, acne-prone skin during the summer. It does not cause break outs at all and is liquidy, comfortable to wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by erkybunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used only this for about two years. It did keep my break outs in okay shape, but it was not a miracle for them. It only lasts about four hours before it looks like you didn't bother with foundation at all, but the look is pretty at first. I would say it was my go to foundation mostly because i did not want to invest in searching for a new one and i do experience break outs with some liquid foundations. I switched to mineral and i'm now very happy. If you prefer a liquid, want some help with breakouts, and can reapply half way through the day this is a good foundation for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by 818zkinkychick

When I lost my foundation, I went to the drug store to buy this as an emergency item. So first, it seems REALLY oily on my skin. It's texture is very unique, seems like a mix of oil and water. It says oil free, but wow, 5 hours later I became a shining star. I mean it goes on oily, settles down, then becomes oily again. It covers up pretty well though, but after a few weeks I broke out like CRAZY. YUCK. It says it heals blemishes but thats the last thing it did for me. Did I mention it made the pores on my nose seems huge too? It smells pretty bad as well. I would not buy it again, I feel there are better things out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by cute_band_geek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this foundation! For being so light, it has great coverage and never looks heavy. My skin just looks smooth and natural. It has great staying power, I can touch my face without worrying about wiping my foundation off. I have super dry skin with break outs, and it is perfect, my skin is less red and inflammed but yet its not drying at all. Quite possibly my HG, will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Wonder78

I had this a long time ago, the package even changed. This is my first make up fundation ever. I was very happy I made a good choice. It's light and dont' clog your pore. I hate fundation that will go on and looks heavy on you, but this one never does that for me. The shade matched my asian skin tone well too (cann't wear pink undertone). I haven't try a lot of other fundation from drugstore brand, but this one has special place for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by youampersandme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin (very oily in the t-zone, normal to dry everywhere else) and I was shine-free for 3-4 hours -- more longevity than I've experienced with other foundations. It was a little too drying for the skin around my eyes, so I used a separate concealer. I loved the smooth texture -- it was easy to blend and looked quite natural for the amount of coverage (medium to almost full). I purchased this in Sand, which was slightly too light for my skin (Warm -- the next shade up -- was too peach). The difference in color wasn't too obvious, but noticeable enough to me (especially in photos!). Salicylic acid has been added as an active ingredient with 0.6%, which could be helpful (1% or 2% tends to be most effective) -- but this foundation's pH is about 6, which is too high for salicylic acid to exfoliate the skin (ideal pH is 3-4). However, I have mildly acne-prone skin, and this didn't cause any breakouts for me, so it's possible that the salicylic acid retains some of its anti-bacterial properties. The texture of this foundation worked really well with my skin, but because the shade selection doesn't suit me, I won't repurchase... too bad! I liked this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by megahOee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never been one to buy expensive makeup. Everything I use is straight from the drugstore, but I've tried most foundation brands there and I seem to click with this one more so than other foundations. I like the coverage, I dont have terrible skin but I definetly have my flaws.Im extremely pale so my skin shows any indication of redness or irritation but the foundation does the job well to cover any mark or blemish.
I also like how it seems to absorb into my skin a bit.With other foundations I've tried I cant stand when they feel like they are merely sitting atop my face and could slide off if anything were to touch it (cough cough) Dream Matte liquid !