Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 12/24/2009 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this because of all the great reviews, but it really broke me out. Every day I wore it, I would notice the difference at the end of the night. It looks perfect while it is on though. I am currently experimenting by using it, but only as little as possible, and that seems to be working. I like it better than colorstay by revlon.

on 12/15/2009 11:53:00 PM

I bought this foundation because I really needed something that wouldn't break me out. My skin is really sensitive to the point where I just have to look at it strange and it gets all sorts of acne. This is definitely better than most foundations as far as causing blemishes goes. It's really smooth and easily worked into your skin and gives about medium coverage I guess. The problems I do have is that their color selection is not great. The lightest color still looks orangey on me and I really have to work at it with a pale powder to make it presentable. Also, the packaging kind of sucks. It is just an open top bottle, and I find that the lid gets really gunky and I have to clean it out with a q-tip. A pump would much better suit this product. Oh and as it can tend to stay kind of moist, a setting powder or regular powder really makes a difference in its staying power. So if you have acne prone skin, I would definitely give this a whirl because I'm sure it works a bit different for everyone and it's worth checking out. The reason I said I wouldn't buy again is because the color is just too off for my very pale complexion.

on 12/12/2009 8:17:00 PM

Very good quality foundation. I wasn't expecting much after being let down by soo many foundations, but this worked amaazingly. The consistency is really smooth so it goes on easy and blends really well into the skin. But this does need a finishing powder. I just use a pressed translucent powder from physician's formula. This foundation didn't break me out either but if i leave it on for a really really long time without washing my face at the end of the night, then it will give me a pimple or so. The coverage is medium b/c i apply it with my hands but if i use a brush, the coverage is definitely bettter.
Also, there isn't many colors available but the colors that are available work pretty well. They somehow adjust to your skintone. I have yellow undertones in my skin and I found that 'honey' and 'tan' work pretty well for me.

on 12/11/2009 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I was able to find a colour in this range that was just ok for my summer skin (which by the way would be ghost white for most people). I found that this foundation oxidized really badly so i was left with a slightly patchy orange looking face after a few hours.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ok so I am a makeup artist and have a studio where i sell only high end cosmetics. Unfortunently I am also extremely oily and prone to acne so I cannot use any of the foundations I sell because even though they do say oil free they do contain ingredients that hold the oil your skin produces which in turn breaks you out.
I have read a lot of the reviews on this foudnationa nd decided to try it for myself. Its only a couple of weeks but its a great product! I think the bad reviews are coming from people who either apply it without setting it or are using it over something thats counter-acting the effectiveness of the foundation.
If you're oily skip the moisturizer and definently don't use a primer!!! Primers contain silicone which holds oil and WILL break you out! I use Colorescience Let Me Be Clear Powder UNDER the liquid to control my oil...The powder has salicylic as well and rice starch that absorbs oil! I apply the foudnations lightly right over the powder and then I set it with the Colorescience foundation mineral powder thats waterproof!
All in all the whole regimen is very very pricey with the Colorescience but my skin has Never looked better! Again the bad reviews must be from people who are either applying the wrong moisturizer underneath or are not setting it with a powder which is essential if you want any cream or liquid foudnation to stay!

It's pretty good product! I am not expecting it to clear up my pimples or anything though, as long as it does not cause any breakouts i am happy. Also, the oil control power of this foundation is very very impressive. considering i have super oily skin, and at the end of the day my skin was only slightly oily, it's pretty awesome. the foundation blended well, it's a nice coverage, definitely gives me a better complexion. will buy again.

I was browsing and saw this on sale so I bought it. I hate the feeling of lotions and creams and have combo/oily skin, so I generally stay away from liquid foundations, because they gross me out. I bought some spongy wedges for application. I need to perfect the art of liquid foundation application (always have used powdered), but the coverage was good, it looked completely natural, and even into my ten hour work shift, my skin didn't oil through it!!!! I'm so happy with this stuff, I will never go to another make!! A bottle should last a while, but I do wish it came in a pump or with a pump option.

I love this foundation. Perfect for my combo skin, Nude is a perfect shade for me and it looks natural and FEELS clean and natural. I would have never expected this from a liquid!!!! Thanks, Almay!!

I bought this in buff and the first time I really liked it, it went on well and covered well, also. The second time I bought it it turned out to be too light and it was very runny, I thought it was just the few first applications but it still is, quite unlike the first bottle I had. If there's one thing I don't like, it's runny foundation, which is why I would give it a 2, but I do feel that it deserves a bit higher because it did seem to help blemishes.

on 9/28/2009 11:29:00 AM

Can't remember WHY I stopped using this product a while back but I have returned and am kicking myself for all of the money wasted on other products. Great price for an excellent foundation that does not make my skin break out. It provides light to medium coverage, so if you are looking for better covering up of acne this is not the product for you. However if you are like me and you experience a little break outs, this is a good choice because it controls said problems and covers up nicely.

on 9/18/2009 6:23:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

i would say this foundation is average, it's not the worse but i'm definitely not raving about it. i wish it would have better coverage because i really need that cuz of acne. i feel like it really dries out my face and looks a bit cakey.
as a few others have said, this was my first almay product and bought it because the idea behind it, what it said on package fit exactly what i was looking for. probably wouldn't buy again because i have the hope of finding something better but if all else fails this isn't horrible.