Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 11/21/2006 6:54:00 AM

It seems really creamy when you first start using it. But too drying for my sensative skin. Skin turned flaky within two days of trying it. Back to my lotion (no detergent) cleansers.

on 11/18/2006 4:17:00 PM

While this won't replace my regular cleanser, it's great for washing up after workouts. I received a GWP and will purchase when done.

on 11/12/2006 9:43:00 AM

I am using this solely as a makeup remover. so far so good. it doesn't dry out my normal/combination skin and it is quite cheap. a little goes a long way. however, it doesn't foam well and i don't like the scent. as long as it does remove makeup, i'll repurchase it again.

I love this cleanser! I follow the Japanese advice on cleansing, and so wash my face twice with different cleansers, use different cleansers on different parts of my face according to need, and switch cleansers between winter and summer. For me this is a lovely summer cleanser for my entire face - mild enough it doesn't cause dryness, but astringent enough I don't get breakouts. PROS - easy to use pump-action dispenser, mild pleasant scent, cleans well and removes makeup effectively, doesn't cost too much. CONS - it isn't the cheapest cleanser by far. It is too astringent on very dry skin and probably not astringent enough for particularly oily skin.

on 10/20/2006 5:19:00 PM

I think this is a brilliant cleanser, and I've tried loads for my spotty skin. I first started using it as a gwp and found it worked great for my oily combination skin. I just use it as a cleanser and don't follow the 3 step (I used to, but didn't find it worked for me. It's not drying and removes make-up well. It's pricey but economical - lasts for months! As other users have pointed out, you only need a tiny drop to make enough lather.

I follow with witch hazel toner by Simple, Clinique DDM lotion and Stop Signs eye cream around the eyes; benzol peroxide 5% cream which stops my zits, and finally, moisurise my face estee lauder daywear.

on 10/4/2006 3:38:00 PM

I initially got this in a GWP, and loved it. I purchased a tube for myself, and still think this is a great product even tho I tend to like Philosophy Purity a tad bit better. You only need a small amount of the foaming cleanser to work. It lathers up nice, and works well to get off my m/u, but I do find a trace of my gel eyeliner once in a while. If you don't like your skin to be squeeky clean, then this is not for you. I can see how it is drying for some users, but it works great for my sometimes oily, sometimes combo skin. The only thing I don't like about it is it's packaging. As you get near to the end, it's hard to get the product out, even tho you know there is still a couple of weeks worth of washes in there. Also, the price on this has gone up :(

on 10/1/2006 6:39:00 PM

This product works great. It really leaves your fair squeeky clean ! But it smells horrid.

I normally use Head To Toe but I got this in a GWP. It seemed to really clean away all traces of makeup nicely but found it harsh around the eye area. It stung like heck when I got it in my eye. Other than that is pretty good.

on 9/29/2006 8:01:00 PM

I got this product as a gift a few years back and I've been looking for cheaper alternatives thinking that this cleanser was really expensive. Finally I got it again to get GWP but to my suprise it wasn't expensive at all. I love rich texture and its cleansing properties--it removes all traces of make-up and you need only a small amount. Plus it lasts ages

on 9/29/2006 6:17:00 AM

I love this cleanser for an occasional deep cleansing. As previous posters have mentioned, you truly only need a pea sized amount to fully cleanse your face. Once it is activated with water, it creates a creamy soapy texture. It is recommended that you follow up wuth the 3 step system which is ridiculous since this cleanser removes all traces of makeup and makes my skin feel thoroughly cleansed. The cost is ridiculously low as you can expect this tube to last a year or longer. The one downside is that you cannot use this as an eyemakeup remover unless you want to burn your eyes. Pick up a tube during the next GWP. I don't think you'll regret it!