October 20, 2014 | 1988 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2006 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Holrk

I initially got this in a GWP, and loved it. I purchased a tube for myself, and still think this is a great product even tho I tend to like Philosophy Purity a tad bit better. You only need a small amount of the foaming cleanser to work. It lathers up nice, and works well to get off my m/u, but I do find a trace of my gel eyeliner once in a while. If you don't like your skin to be squeeky clean, then this is not for you. I can see how it is drying for some users, but it works great for my sometimes oily, sometimes combo skin. The only thing I don't like about it is it's packaging. As you get near to the end, it's hard to get the product out, even tho you know there is still a couple of weeks worth of washes in there. Also, the price on this has gone up :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2006 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sugar113

This product works great. It really leaves your fair squeeky clean ! But it smells horrid.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2006 2:47:00 PM More reviews by DrinkTilliesCute

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I normally use Head To Toe but I got this in a GWP. It seemed to really clean away all traces of makeup nicely but found it harsh around the eye area. It stung like heck when I got it in my eye. Other than that is pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2006 8:01:00 PM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this product as a gift a few years back and I've been looking for cheaper alternatives thinking that this cleanser was really expensive. Finally I got it again to get GWP but to my suprise it wasn't expensive at all. I love rich texture and its cleansing properties--it removes all traces of make-up and you need only a small amount. Plus it lasts ages

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2006 6:17:00 AM More reviews by ftnfrm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cleanser for an occasional deep cleansing. As previous posters have mentioned, you truly only need a pea sized amount to fully cleanse your face. Once it is activated with water, it creates a creamy soapy texture. It is recommended that you follow up wuth the 3 step system which is ridiculous since this cleanser removes all traces of makeup and makes my skin feel thoroughly cleansed. The cost is ridiculously low as you can expect this tube to last a year or longer. The one downside is that you cannot use this as an eyemakeup remover unless you want to burn your eyes. Pick up a tube during the next GWP. I don't think you'll regret it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 9:13:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went to the Clinique counter today because I wanted to buy the full size bottle of the new cleansing milk makeup remover. Well the sales lady looked at me (I have a few blemishes, but nothing out of control, and it was the end of the day so my makeup wasnt looking too fresh) and she said it wouldnt be good for me because it has oil in it, and it could break me out. I was angry for her insensitivity (considering her face was flawless) but at the same time sort of grateful, because she suggested this Rinse off Foaming Cleanser instead (and it was cheaper!). But like the previous reviewer said, this is to be followed by the clinique 3-step (it says so on the back) for the best results. Im using this solely as a makeup remover. I dont use too much eye makeup (only mascara and some shadow) so this takes care of that just fine. Before this, I usually washed my face twice with the liquid soap, just to get the makeup off, but this foaming cleanser really gets my face squeaky clean. I have normal cheeks/oily t-zone/sensitive/acne-prone skin, and this felt perfect. it rinsed completely clean. I follow with the clinique 3-step in the type III combination, and my skin feels great! You only need a small amount of this foaming cleanser (they really do mean it when they say "pea-sized"!) so this 5 oz tube will last a long long time. And its only $16.50, so it was 8 bucks cheaper than what I originally wanted to get (the cleansing milk). It has a flip-cap, so its super easy to handle. I can find nothing bad about this, and Im glad I listened to the insensitive sales associate. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 9:41:00 AM More reviews by sarathan

Am I the only one who uses this product the way Clinique says you're supposed to?? I use this soley as a makeup remover and then follow-up with the 3-step, just like it says on the instructions. I don't feel like I'm "over-washing" my face at all. Okay, so maybe this is Clinique's marketing ploy to get you to buy more products. But hey, if it works for me, then I'm not going to complain! I've always had good success with Clinique products and this is no exception. Before I bought this, I was washing my face twice with the same cleanser anyway because I just feel like I need to wash again after getting rid of the makeup. It does exactly what it's supposed to do...remove makeup. I'm not sure how this would work as a makeup remover/cleanser-in-one since I do feel like it leaves a slight film on my face afterwards. But this doesn't bother me since I follow up with my regular Clinique cleanser anyway. It's a little bit on the expensive side, but I think this tube will last a long time since you only need a pea-size amount. I have no problems with the scent like other reviewers have talked about. Also, this product is NOT meant to be an eye makeup remover and it really shouldn't get near your eyes at all, just like any other cleanser. I'm not trying to sound snotty, but I don't understand how people can give it a lowe rating for using it in a way it's not meant for, i.e. not removing eye makeup well and stinging eyes. Anyway, I really like this as a makeup remover and would buy again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2006 7:12:00 PM More reviews by sampayne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While this is good for removing all traces of makeup, it is very drying and I cannot use in to remove my eye makeup. I'll stick with my Purpose gentle cleansing wash: I can use that to wash my face and eyes at the same time and it isn't drying at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2006 3:45:00 PM More reviews by iriskw

I used this product for a year and I broke out terribly. I had multiple pimples all over my face, especially on my forehead. Why use it for a year if it caused so much problems? At that time (which was 6 years ago), I was ignorant to the world of face products. Thank goodness my face cleared up after I stopped using this product, but it took months for the blemishes to finally disappear. I would never use Clinique again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2006 7:40:00 AM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily skin, of the type that needs to be blotted every 90 minutes and requires serious cleanser. So when I say that this is a very drying cleanser, take me seriously.On the plus side, it cleanses well and requires very little for a rich lather. On the downside it reduces my normally sturdy skin to a tight, flaky mess. Will stick to Clinique's Liquid Soap Mild or Shiseido's White Lucent cleansers.