April 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Blush - NARS - Lovejoy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2003 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Aiko_Aiko

Loving this!! I too thought that this looked almost like a bronzer in the pan, but on my skin it shows up as a gorgeous bronze/peach/rose shade with the slightest hint of shimmer. I agree that this requires a light hand on fairer skin, as it is very pigmented. But it's so beautiful! It really warms my face up and makes me look healthy, without looking too made up or overdone. And like my other NARS blushes, this is a color that does NOT fade away in an hour, it lasts all day. Totally worth it! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2003 9:55:00 PM More reviews by scarlet773

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this and thought muddy brown blush and almost passed,but because it's NARS I figured I'd try it. I LOVE THIS!! it is so close to the way I blush naturally. I don't find it muddy at all. I have fair skin with yellow undertones. This really brightens up my face. Actually I can dust this all over my face and it looks natural. NARS truly makes beautiful blushes. BIG RAVE!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2003 10:35:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

I have to agree with the other reviewers who saw this and thought it was just an ordinary bronzer. Looks so boring in the pan, that i held off for a month before purchasing. On it is just a stunning blush. It is a rosy brown shade with slight golden shimmer. Really pretty and gives my skin a beautiful look! I absolutely love this color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2003 4:16:00 PM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW is this one gorgeous blush. I love Nar's blushes anyway but both of the new ones, Outlaw and Lovejoy are just spectacular.
Lovejoy looked so ordinary, similar to a light bronzer that I almost didn't buy it. I am so glad that I did because it is just perfect for my skin tone, hair and eyes. I use the Nars Laguna bronzer lighly all over, do my eyes with the Stila Due trio and use Lovejoy for blush and it is the perfect natural golden look.
This blush has hints of bronze, red, peach and gold so that you wear this one with many other things and it blends perfectly. It is really very pigmented so use a light hand or it can be muddy looking. Another beauty by Nars.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2003 8:44:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As of Nov 2st 2003 I'm changing my review for this. At first I thought that I loved this but in fact this shade looks so wrong on me! I have a light skintone (MAC C2) and this shade looks the same on my face as it does in the pan - brown! It makes my face look muddy and dirty snd it's just too dark and harsh for me to be able to pull it off. Rant from me on this one!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2003 7:38:00 PM More reviews by NYer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You know how sometimes you're tired and pale, well I went to the counter like that to see what this could do. And Wow, does this blush make me look alive! In the pan it looks blah but it has SO many undertones, bronze, red, peach that it should work for most people. The more I wear it the more I like it and you can vary the application for totally different looks. I've been reaching for it constantly and usually it's all the makeup I need. For me this is right up there with Orgasm as a favorite Nars blush. Lovejoy indeed!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2003 9:39:00 PM More reviews by ilovelauna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Lovejoy! At first glance, this looks to be a golden-bronzey type shade, somewhat similar to Stila Cocoa Bloom and Brava. But then you put it on (BTW, I'm a PPP with yellow undertones) and it shows up as a warm, golden rosey shade with gold shimmer, gorgeous! Nars Blushes are known for great quality and shade selection, and Lovejoy is nothing less! :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2003 8:06:00 PM More reviews by tyleka

I've read that this is "just a bronzer" or "just like Silvana", but it ain't so. Looks like a shimmery version of Silvana in the pan, but does not wear like Silvana at all. It also has too much rose in it, in my opinion- when worn to be used as a bronzer unless you already have darker skin. That said, it is much much prettier than any picture could ever capture. Use a light hand though, it is one of the most pigmented blushes I've ever owned. I'd say I'd purchase again, but probably will never have to because a little goes such a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2003 4:42:00 AM More reviews by artchick

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful blush. I almost didn't buy this thinking it would be to warm for me(NW20). I looks like I got some sun. Bronzey with rose undertones. LOVE IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2003 11:56:00 PM More reviews by funkykitty

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This is a nice shimmery bronze blush, darker than Silvana. I think will work well on most skin colors. It does show up on me when I am pale ( nc20) and when I am tan (nc30-35) and I use it as a blush or all over color. I like it better than Silvana since it has more color to it. Silvana I had to build up color to see it but this one is easier to use and I use less product.