October 25, 2014 | 903 users online

Blush - NARS - Lovejoy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2003 11:26:00 AM More reviews by proflady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As others have said, looks are deceiving, and thank goodness I didn't listen to my instincts on this one. While it looks like a muddy brownish bronzer in the pan, it has a totally different appearance on my PPP complexion. It is a warm rose flush with a hint of shimmer. Since the color is both warm and cool, it goes with just about anything. So pretty and so wearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2003 12:39:00 AM More reviews by DawnH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful blush....especially for those who have a difficult time pulling off warm bronzy colors (me). This makes me look healthy and a little glowy. It has just enough rose shimmer to keep it from looking muddy on fair skin. This blush is what I had wanted Cargo Topeaka and Chanel Mystery blush to look like. Don't let the color in the pan fool you! I am usually a pink/plummy blush girl and this really is one of my favorites.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2003 11:30:00 AM More reviews by DeedeeL

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love love NARS blushes- excellent pigment. Great colors. This color looked like dirt on me though. And it was the first NARS blush to break me out.I'm MMM/MAC NC35. Had to swap it. This is NOT a warm color; it's a cool shimmery brown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2003 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Aiko_Aiko

Loving this!! I too thought that this looked almost like a bronzer in the pan, but on my skin it shows up as a gorgeous bronze/peach/rose shade with the slightest hint of shimmer. I agree that this requires a light hand on fairer skin, as it is very pigmented. But it's so beautiful! It really warms my face up and makes me look healthy, without looking too made up or overdone. And like my other NARS blushes, this is a color that does NOT fade away in an hour, it lasts all day. Totally worth it! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2003 9:55:00 PM More reviews by scarlet773

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this and thought muddy brown blush and almost passed,but because it's NARS I figured I'd try it. I LOVE THIS!! it is so close to the way I blush naturally. I don't find it muddy at all. I have fair skin with yellow undertones. This really brightens up my face. Actually I can dust this all over my face and it looks natural. NARS truly makes beautiful blushes. BIG RAVE!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2003 10:35:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

I have to agree with the other reviewers who saw this and thought it was just an ordinary bronzer. Looks so boring in the pan, that i held off for a month before purchasing. On it is just a stunning blush. It is a rosy brown shade with slight golden shimmer. Really pretty and gives my skin a beautiful look! I absolutely love this color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2003 4:16:00 PM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW is this one gorgeous blush. I love Nar's blushes anyway but both of the new ones, Outlaw and Lovejoy are just spectacular.
Lovejoy looked so ordinary, similar to a light bronzer that I almost didn't buy it. I am so glad that I did because it is just perfect for my skin tone, hair and eyes. I use the Nars Laguna bronzer lighly all over, do my eyes with the Stila Due trio and use Lovejoy for blush and it is the perfect natural golden look.
This blush has hints of bronze, red, peach and gold so that you wear this one with many other things and it blends perfectly. It is really very pigmented so use a light hand or it can be muddy looking. Another beauty by Nars.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2003 8:44:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As of Nov 2st 2003 I'm changing my review for this. At first I thought that I loved this but in fact this shade looks so wrong on me! I have a light skintone (MAC C2) and this shade looks the same on my face as it does in the pan - brown! It makes my face look muddy and dirty snd it's just too dark and harsh for me to be able to pull it off. Rant from me on this one!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2003 7:38:00 PM More reviews by NYer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You know how sometimes you're tired and pale, well I went to the counter like that to see what this could do. And Wow, does this blush make me look alive! In the pan it looks blah but it has SO many undertones, bronze, red, peach that it should work for most people. The more I wear it the more I like it and you can vary the application for totally different looks. I've been reaching for it constantly and usually it's all the makeup I need. For me this is right up there with Orgasm as a favorite Nars blush. Lovejoy indeed!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2003 9:39:00 PM More reviews by ilovelauna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Lovejoy! At first glance, this looks to be a golden-bronzey type shade, somewhat similar to Stila Cocoa Bloom and Brava. But then you put it on (BTW, I'm a PPP with yellow undertones) and it shows up as a warm, golden rosey shade with gold shimmer, gorgeous! Nars Blushes are known for great quality and shade selection, and Lovejoy is nothing less! :-)