October 1, 2014 | 1892 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2006 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Janeybear

Wow this is even worse than I thought! It peels off in flakes and gets all over my eyes practically right after it dries, and I'm not anywhere around water so I shudder at the thought of what I would look like upon emerging if I actually wore this into the pool. Definitely pass!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2006 4:10:00 PM More reviews by PeachyGirl417

This is my HG eyeliner. I have oily asian eyelids where the crease is actually a fold right near my eyelashes. Any eyemakeup I wear is therefore constantly getting rubbed by my eyelid throughout the day. I can never wear pencil liners. (end up looking like a racoon)

I have gone though about 3 of these babies and they never NEVER smudge on me. The reason is because the formula dries to a plastic-like film. You can actually peel it off when it dries. It does dry a bit shiny like the other reviewer have stated. I usually draw a fairly thin line so this isn't a problem. If you are going for a cleopatra type eye then maybe it might look weird w/the shiny liner. I have taken a shower with this on & all my other eyemakeup melts off but the liner still remains.

The brush is very short and I find that this is much easier to control than felt tips or longer brushes. This liner isn't for those who redraw their eyeliner a few times. It isn't very forgiving when you go back and redraw overit. It does flake off at that point. To be more specific, rather than flaking the dried liner will peel off a little and stick to your brush. Like another reviewer stated, once you draw your line, don't mess with it. A downside to this liner is that once this stuff starts to dry out it gets all flaky and difficult to apply. For about $5 a pop I just trash it and get another.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2006 3:32:00 PM More reviews by shelby101

What's up with this eyeliner? It's hard to apply because the brush that comes with it sucks. I don't like it because it doesn't give you much choice as to if you want a thick line or a thin line. Maybe with a good brush it would be ok.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2006 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Lippyloo

I love liquid eyeliner, so have become a connoisseur. And really, Maybelline's is just as good as NARS, in my opinion. I can just put it on and forget about it all day and night... and into the next morning if I forget to wash my face! I got this in Taupe, sort of a medium-to-dark brown, for 25 cents on clearance, so maybe they are discontinuing this shade. Can't say the packaging is real inspiring, but the brush works well for me in tracing a thin or thick line at the base of upper lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2006 2:32:00 PM More reviews by and_crystal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ugh, I really don't like this product. I found it hard to control, messy, hard, and a pain to remove! I know it was only 6 bucks.. but still! I'm sure that there are cheaper liquid liners that work better than this crap!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by mygollie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about five years, and along the way I've tried many other, but keep coming back to this one. I have to admit, when I started using this eyeliner, I thought it had a terrible application compared to felt tip liners. But it just takes some getting used to. After that, I found that this liner goes on much smoother and faster than the felt tip ones.

Reading other reviews written about this product, I find that most people who raved about this product have similar eye makeup styles as me because I also do the cat-eye make up, and this liner is great for that. And like another reviewer mentioned, I also went to an amusement park wearing this liner and it lasted all day. That reviewer said something about tearing while on a roller coaster, but ME, I went on all the WATER RIDES and it didn't come off one bit. While all my girlfriends were running to the bathroom to fix their makeup (or just smearing them off) I was able to enjoy them asking me what eyeliner I used.

I've used some of the brand name eyeliners like lancome, and I found few of them to be excellent. But the results are so similar to the maybelline ultra liner that I don't understand why I would have to pay twice or even triple the $$. When I buy this product, I usually buy about 2 - one to keep in my handbags, and one in front of the mirror to do make up in the morning. I would keep using this product and would highly recommend to others.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2006 10:45:00 PM More reviews by DaisyH

What did they do to this formula? Several years ago, this used to be a great..ok, good..eyeliner for a drugstore brand. Now, as described by others, it flakes off and I find little specks of it in my EYE! And don't even try to make your line darker by going over it, you're just asking for a mess. You get one shot to get it right with this stuff or you may as well take it all off and start again..which in itself is a mess. I've pulled a line I've applied off in one strip, I kid you not. The waterproof formula is lousy, perhaps the non-waterproof version is better. I'd pass on this one though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2006 10:06:00 PM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Only one word can describe this eyeliner...TERRIBLE! It is not black enough, it is shiny, and it peels and flakes. The brush appears thin, but no matter how hard I try, I just cannot get a super fine line in the inner corner of my lids. It is a waste of money, even though it wasn't that expensive. You get what you pay for. (Well, most of the time.)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2006 3:19:00 PM More reviews by geeLICIOUS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What bugs me the most about this is that it starts to cake half-way through the day, even with a UD Primer Potion underneath. Even more bothersome, it peels off like a strip on a fruit roll-up. When it dries, it is not matte. It kinda looks plasticky. The handle is too short. I only put this on for a little definition with mascara. It's harder to maneuver the cat-eye with this as well. Don't waste your money on this. Try Revlon's Colorstay Liquid Liner. Much much nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2006 10:22:00 AM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this eyeliner...its the only one i use and have ever used since high school.
stays on ALL day even with my oil skin and sooo easy to take off. its true it comes off in long peices true, but that means no horrible racoon eyes so BE HAPPY!!^^
its impossible actually to get racoon eyes with this liner, and the brush is nice although in some bottles its kinda square on the tip wich if u dont use liquid regularly then it can make all your lines big. but with a little snip snip u can fix it soooo easily. also i have seen it flake on the outter ends of some peoples eyes but with my asian type eyes i dont have that problem. also dries super quick!!
100% happy with this product!