November 28, 2014 | 1846 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2006 4:52:00 PM More reviews by aandfgirl133

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't too impressed with this liner. It didn't go on very smoothly. It had a tendency to clump. It also lasted pretty well, but after awhile it started to peel off. The brush is almost impossible to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2006 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Shulamith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hadn't used liquid liners in years but I bought two of these when they were reduced to $1. each at my local drugstore. I think they're great--they're easy to apply and they stay on without smudging for hours. The trick is that I apply Ultraliner OVER powder liner---actually dark eyeshadow applied with an angle brush. I don't have to worry about a perfect line; I simply retrace the outline that I've already drawn. The shadow powder sets the liner and vice versa. The shadow also softens the line.

I think it works as well as gel liner but is less of a hassle.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2006 11:12:00 PM More reviews by carolineee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner peels off in strips. However you draw it on, you'll see it start to peel off after like 3 hours. Also it doesn't stay on like it's suppose to. When I put it on, it's smooth and like an hour later when I check my face, parts of smooth edges are now rough looking and not pretty. Bleh, I'm over drugstore makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2006 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Janeybear

Wow this is even worse than I thought! It peels off in flakes and gets all over my eyes practically right after it dries, and I'm not anywhere around water so I shudder at the thought of what I would look like upon emerging if I actually wore this into the pool. Definitely pass!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2006 4:10:00 PM More reviews by PeachyGirl417

This is my HG eyeliner. I have oily asian eyelids where the crease is actually a fold right near my eyelashes. Any eyemakeup I wear is therefore constantly getting rubbed by my eyelid throughout the day. I can never wear pencil liners. (end up looking like a racoon)

I have gone though about 3 of these babies and they never NEVER smudge on me. The reason is because the formula dries to a plastic-like film. You can actually peel it off when it dries. It does dry a bit shiny like the other reviewer have stated. I usually draw a fairly thin line so this isn't a problem. If you are going for a cleopatra type eye then maybe it might look weird w/the shiny liner. I have taken a shower with this on & all my other eyemakeup melts off but the liner still remains.

The brush is very short and I find that this is much easier to control than felt tips or longer brushes. This liner isn't for those who redraw their eyeliner a few times. It isn't very forgiving when you go back and redraw overit. It does flake off at that point. To be more specific, rather than flaking the dried liner will peel off a little and stick to your brush. Like another reviewer stated, once you draw your line, don't mess with it. A downside to this liner is that once this stuff starts to dry out it gets all flaky and difficult to apply. For about $5 a pop I just trash it and get another.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2006 3:32:00 PM More reviews by shelby101

What's up with this eyeliner? It's hard to apply because the brush that comes with it sucks. I don't like it because it doesn't give you much choice as to if you want a thick line or a thin line. Maybe with a good brush it would be ok.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2006 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Lippyloo

I love liquid eyeliner, so have become a connoisseur. And really, Maybelline's is just as good as NARS, in my opinion. I can just put it on and forget about it all day and night... and into the next morning if I forget to wash my face! I got this in Taupe, sort of a medium-to-dark brown, for 25 cents on clearance, so maybe they are discontinuing this shade. Can't say the packaging is real inspiring, but the brush works well for me in tracing a thin or thick line at the base of upper lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2006 2:32:00 PM More reviews by and_crystal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ugh, I really don't like this product. I found it hard to control, messy, hard, and a pain to remove! I know it was only 6 bucks.. but still! I'm sure that there are cheaper liquid liners that work better than this crap!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by mygollie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about five years, and along the way I've tried many other, but keep coming back to this one. I have to admit, when I started using this eyeliner, I thought it had a terrible application compared to felt tip liners. But it just takes some getting used to. After that, I found that this liner goes on much smoother and faster than the felt tip ones.

Reading other reviews written about this product, I find that most people who raved about this product have similar eye makeup styles as me because I also do the cat-eye make up, and this liner is great for that. And like another reviewer mentioned, I also went to an amusement park wearing this liner and it lasted all day. That reviewer said something about tearing while on a roller coaster, but ME, I went on all the WATER RIDES and it didn't come off one bit. While all my girlfriends were running to the bathroom to fix their makeup (or just smearing them off) I was able to enjoy them asking me what eyeliner I used.

I've used some of the brand name eyeliners like lancome, and I found few of them to be excellent. But the results are so similar to the maybelline ultra liner that I don't understand why I would have to pay twice or even triple the $$. When I buy this product, I usually buy about 2 - one to keep in my handbags, and one in front of the mirror to do make up in the morning. I would keep using this product and would highly recommend to others.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2006 10:45:00 PM More reviews by DaisyH

What did they do to this formula? Several years ago, this used to be a great..ok, good..eyeliner for a drugstore brand. Now, as described by others, it flakes off and I find little specks of it in my EYE! And don't even try to make your line darker by going over it, you're just asking for a mess. You get one shot to get it right with this stuff or you may as well take it all off and start again..which in itself is a mess. I've pulled a line I've applied off in one strip, I kid you not. The waterproof formula is lousy, perhaps the non-waterproof version is better. I'd pass on this one though.