Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 3/13/2007 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the look of liquid liner and have worn it for almost two decades. I have tried dozens of brands in all price ranges but keep coming back to the Ultra Liner. The brush may be hard to work with if you are a novice, but I love how I have mastered it so I can get great cat-eyes, lines that can go from thin to thick and back again with one stroke, and I adore how this stays on until I decide to take it off. The price is amazing for the quality of the product. This gives a very traditional, glossy black liquid line. If you want subtle, this may not be your best bet. The packaging keeps the liquid from gooping or drying out, I seem to have to replace it due to time/bacteria fears before it has run out or changed texture. It doesn't feel heavy, it doesn't crack or crease and I am jsut utterly and hopelessly in love!

on 1/26/2007 2:08:00 AM

Why is everyone knocking my HG liquid eyeliner? This stuff is the best liquid eyeliner hands down. I've been using this liquid eyeliner for the last 6 years and not only is one bottle enough to last for ages, this stuff will not come off my eye until I want it to come off. I am Asian with a small double eyelid and I have the greasiest eyelids in the world, this stuff will not come off and it doesn't smudge. I can make a fine line, a thick line, I could draw daisys on my face with it and it'll last until at least the next day. I've tried the the hard tipped liquid eyeliners and application wise, this is so much better. All it takes is practice!! I used to mess up in the beginning too and still mess up from time to time. What matters is that it's black black black, makes a beautiful line in the shape that I want, lasts, doesn't make raccoon eyes, doesn't flake for hours and can hold up on a greasy asian eyelid. It's the shiznit. (I never even say that word, but it's true!)

on 1/21/2007 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Ick. What a waste of good money this was. The brush doesn't hold much of the liner on it because it's so small. And even with the first application I had clumping issues. Despite being waterproof, it is not smudge proof. After only a couple of hours of wear it started to flake off giving me racoon eyes. Save on money and frustration and buy a felt-tip liner instead, like the one that Avon makes.

on 12/10/2006 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this at the last minute, since my old liquid liner was lost. Horrible, terrible choice. I needed one under $10 (US) and this was $7. The brush fibers kept seperating from each other, which difficulted application. The forumla itself would not stick. It peeled and clumped greatly. The worst part was that people would notice the clumps and comment them! Embarrassing. Never buying this again, and so relieved to buy my usual. :)

on 11/7/2006 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I wasn't too impressed with this liner. It didn't go on very smoothly. It had a tendency to clump. It also lasted pretty well, but after awhile it started to peel off. The brush is almost impossible to use.

on 8/25/2006 2:55:00 PM

I hadn't used liquid liners in years but I bought two of these when they were reduced to $1. each at my local drugstore. I think they're great--they're easy to apply and they stay on without smudging for hours. The trick is that I apply Ultraliner OVER powder liner---actually dark eyeshadow applied with an angle brush. I don't have to worry about a perfect line; I simply retrace the outline that I've already drawn. The shadow powder sets the liner and vice versa. The shadow also softens the line.

I think it works as well as gel liner but is less of a hassle.

on 8/7/2006 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This eyeliner peels off in strips. However you draw it on, you'll see it start to peel off after like 3 hours. Also it doesn't stay on like it's suppose to. When I put it on, it's smooth and like an hour later when I check my face, parts of smooth edges are now rough looking and not pretty. Bleh, I'm over drugstore makeup.

on 7/24/2006 3:48:00 PM

Wow this is even worse than I thought! It peels off in flakes and gets all over my eyes practically right after it dries, and I'm not anywhere around water so I shudder at the thought of what I would look like upon emerging if I actually wore this into the pool. Definitely pass!

This is my HG eyeliner. I have oily asian eyelids where the crease is actually a fold right near my eyelashes. Any eyemakeup I wear is therefore constantly getting rubbed by my eyelid throughout the day. I can never wear pencil liners. (end up looking like a racoon)

I have gone though about 3 of these babies and they never NEVER smudge on me. The reason is because the formula dries to a plastic-like film. You can actually peel it off when it dries. It does dry a bit shiny like the other reviewer have stated. I usually draw a fairly thin line so this isn't a problem. If you are going for a cleopatra type eye then maybe it might look weird w/the shiny liner. I have taken a shower with this on & all my other eyemakeup melts off but the liner still remains.

The brush is very short and I find that this is much easier to control than felt tips or longer brushes. This liner isn't for those who redraw their eyeliner a few times. It isn't very forgiving when you go back and redraw overit. It does flake off at that point. To be more specific, rather than flaking the dried liner will peel off a little and stick to your brush. Like another reviewer stated, once you draw your line, don't mess with it. A downside to this liner is that once this stuff starts to dry out it gets all flaky and difficult to apply. For about $5 a pop I just trash it and get another.

on 7/11/2006 3:32:00 PM

What's up with this eyeliner? It's hard to apply because the brush that comes with it sucks. I don't like it because it doesn't give you much choice as to if you want a thick line or a thin line. Maybe with a good brush it would be ok.