August 22, 2014 | 1803 users online

Conditioner - Matrix - Biolage - Conditioning Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2005 9:19:00 PM More reviews by kristis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this product after reading reviews on MA... must say I am pretty impressed! Bought the shampoo too - I have overstressed.. dry.. overprocessed hair and I have noticed a big difference in texture and I no longer need a leave in conditioner!
only gave it a 4 because I'm not sure about the smell..nice but too soapy

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2005 12:39:00 AM More reviews by TracieMom

A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with Graves Disease, which left my hair dry and brittle, and my dr. suggested I treat myself to expensive salon haircare to keep my hair as healthy as possible. I chose Biolage Hydrating Shampoo (which I still use and love) and Conditioning Balm. I was not impressed with this balm. First I hated the tub, it's clumsy in the shower and water can get in too easily. Second it's performance wasn't all that great in my opinion, I didn't feel detangled (long/shoulder-blade length thicker Portuguese hair!) and actually found a comb very hard to get through my hair leading to breakage and worse hair issues than I had to begin with. It's also very expensive and if it were awesome I'd have no problem shelling out bucks for it but since I was disappointed the price ended up irritating me too ;-) All in all just not a good experience for me. Two years later and now using Aussie Moist religiously my hair has returned to it's natural state - shiny and healthy, strong with little breakage and/or loss.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2004 6:30:00 AM More reviews by espoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It works ok and smells great, but you'd be wiser to save some dollars, since it's nothing spectacular.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2004 3:20:00 PM More reviews by missvega

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this conditioner! I only use it once a week but it is awesome. I have long, corse, frizzy hair and when I use this I pile it on my ends and leave it for awhile. My hair always feels so good afterowrds. the smell could be better, though :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2004 10:29:00 PM More reviews by LilShortie

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this when i don't shampoo my hair (every other day), and i follow with another conditioner.

The only this i don't like the the tub, hard to use in shower and hard to keep water out of.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2004 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Shannon25653

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This may work for some people, but it seems to suck the moisture from my hair. I love the smell though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2004 11:20:00 PM More reviews by sugarbomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice product--it gives my hair great "slip," which I love, since my hair tends to break when I'm combing it out, and this conditioner minimizes that. It also smells pleasant. The tub packaging is not the most convenient, but at least I can see exactly how much I have left.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2004 10:52:00 AM More reviews by jmn1483

I love this conditioner, it's my all time favorite. I always get the big tub of it. It's a little pricey, but it's worth it and a little goes a long way. It leaves my hair detangled, soft, and very manageable.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2004 5:58:00 PM More reviews by knitmc1

My all-time favorite conditioner. Maximum moisture without ending up with limp hair. Smells great, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2004 7:12:00 PM More reviews by anaromero

I use this as a leave-in conditioner and once a week as a deep conditioner for my fine curly hair. Suprisingly I don't like it as a regular conditioner because it's very heavy and weighs down my hair... go figure; I prefer shampoos and conditioners that leave my hair squeeky clean. I buy this in the 8oz tube since I only use a quarter-size amount every other day on my wet hair before styling, avoiding the scalp. My hairdresser says I shouldn't do this since it's not a leave-in product, but it's the only thing that makes my curls set softly with my styling products. I also leave it in when I blow-dry my hair straight with Matrix Sleek products.