April 19, 2014 | 1735 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2003 4:18:00 PM More reviews by MsNorton

I have been using this foundation for quite some time now and LOVE it!!! Occasionally I have switched to other foundations, but I always come back to this one. It looks really natural on, yet has great coverage. I use the Cypress Beige color, but in the summer I can go a bit darker with the tan color. If you are into powder foundations, this one is such a good bargain! I like it better than my MAC StudioFix!!! I really recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2003 7:34:00 PM More reviews by dancer2003

I read all the reviews about this product and I decided to try it. I have to say that this is a wonderful foundation. I have very sensitive, blotchy red skin, that becomes oily quickly. This stuff controls the oil all day and has awesome coverage. I find that using the foundation dry gives me enough coverage. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a good foundation for oily, sensitive skin with good coverage. The best part is it is cheap ($10).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2003 12:42:00 AM More reviews by flakatie23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation I have tried by far. I have oily skin that flakes very easily so I have to be careful. This foundation looks good both wet and dry. The lightest color matches my skin tone perfectly and doesn't give me an ashen look like Clinique City Base compact spf 15 does. Very nice! UPDATE: This broke me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2003 7:40:00 PM More reviews by silvercross

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for the past 4 weeks. Wanted to try it because of all the positive reviews here. This is an excellent foundation - great texture, very lightweight yet has buildable coverage. It also wears longer/better than any of the other powder foundations I've tried (MAC, Stila). For the price, this is a terrific product. I haven't experienced any breakouts yet. It's also very portable and great for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2003 5:56:00 PM More reviews by joya

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gosh Darn, this is a nice product! I was so impressed by this after 2 days of wear, that I had to write an early review. I promise to update if I change my mind.
I have dry, acne-prone, sensitive skin, and have used more foundations than seem imaginable. This is so easy to use, looks so good on, lasts all day, is very natural looking, is very reasonably priced, oh, I just can't find any drawbacks.

I purchased this because I wanted something to dust on over my face to even out skintone, and set my other new love (dior Hdrating Concealer). And, let me tell you, I normally hate powder, but this is so light and velvety, not matt looking, or dry, nor does it accentuate those fine pesky lines that I have earned in my mid-40 something years of life. Just a pleasure to own, wear, and carry around if you want to do touchups.
Check this out ladies, honestly. I am glad I did!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2003 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ozfan

Based on the reviews here, I was very excited to track down and finally buy this foundation. Unfortunately, it was very dry and cakey-looking on my combination skin. I tried it both wet and dry and did not like the texture or feel of it on my skin AT ALL. Luckily it was pretty cheap, and it's a nicely designed compact.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2003 1:36:00 PM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Yes, I jumped on the bandwagon... which is something that I don't normally do with foundations (hair products are an entirely different story). Basically, I am just sick of applying gloopy, messy liquid foundations. I have never before worn a powder foundation and at $10 + 30+ positive reviews, I couldn't resist.

I purchased my Palladio foundation at Sally Beauty Supply for $9.99. I picked up Cypress Beige for my FFF/MMM complexion (I also wear Px Traceless in 3 and I am a Stila C/D or 30/40 Watts). The color is actually just about a perfect match. When I apply it, I can barely even see it (even before smoothing it out) so I guess that's a good thing.

The texture is very soft, silky, and well... creamy feeling. The coverage is light, but I would say that it's also quite buildable to medium coverage. The BEST part of this foundation is that I can't really feel it on. Unlike liquids, which I feel right away... after I apply this, my skin still feels naked. :o)

I haven't used this long enough to say whether or not it will break me out (I'll report back in a few weeks), but so far, it's a keeper!

UPDATE: I am bringing my review down from 5 lippies to 3 lippies simply b/c after a few uses, I began to feel and look like I had a mask on. The powder began slipping into my lines and it gave me somewhat of a chalky look. I still think this is a decent powder, but not HG material for me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2003 11:30:00 AM More reviews by AndreaP

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I saw this mentioned on a recent rant and raves post so I checked out the reviews on MUA had to try it.

It is a pressed powder type foundation and the finish is just so perfect. My skin is pretty decent but I have some redness I like to tone down. My skin is also pretty dry right now and this doesn't settle into my lines or accentuate flakiness.

Most of the reviewers seemed to have oily skin but I find if I apply it dry right after I apply my moisturizer it doesn't feel the least bit drying. The coverage is sheer/medium when applied dry (and heavier when applied wet) and it is buildable.

It isn't too matte (an issue I have with most powder foundations) and makes my skin look flawless and just about poreless without looking masky or caked on. This is seriously the best my skin has looked in ages.

I've been wearing it for about a week now and no breakouts (I'm generally not breakout prone but some ingredients will break me out).

I bought it at Sally's Beauty Supply but I believe some Long's carry the line too. It was only $10

The only down side to this is the color selection is limited. The Sally's I bought it at only carried six shades. I bought the lightest shade (Laurel Nude) and fortunately for me it is perfect. Neutral enough to tone down the redness in my skintone. I'm normally the second lightest color in most foundations.

The packaging is certainly functional (there is a separate compartment for the sponge applicator) but it isn't all that attractive. Can't beat the price though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2003 6:11:00 PM More reviews by maandusa

i finally got this after passing by it several times in the past. i don't LIKE to wear foundation, but as i'm battling adult acne, i need something that will cover blemishes and scars without looking cakey or orange, that will still feel light, that won't contribute to more breakouts (and at best, will help heal them), and that i can still use once my skin clears...and THIS is IT! for $9.99, it's a steal. i got 400 Laurel Nude -- it's the lightest shade availabe. i love the packaging -- sleek and compact. i wore this when i went to Disney a few days ago, applied wet where i need the most coverage; the results were fabulous! the makeup never sweated off, the coverage was full but natural, and i never even felt like i was wearing makeup! i also invested in the rice powder blotting papers by the same company, but i didn't even need one while wearing this foundation! it absorbs oil so well, and my skin actually seems to be clearing up quicker than i expected! GO GET THIS STUFF!

EDIT: months later, and i STILL love this stuff! after getting a bit of sun on my face, though, i found that Laurel Nude was a little too pale for me (and that's odd, because i'm VERY fair), so i grabbed #401 Ivory Myrrh... which is slightly darker than i need if applied wet... but i apply the product with a big fluffy powder brush, and it's PERFECT! the effect is a lighter coverage, but with the same great benefits of applying it as an actual foundation.

for all the pale girls who've found Laurel Nude too dark: try applying it with a big huge fluffy powder brush, so the product doesn't go on quite so heavy. you might be pleasantly surprised continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2003 6:08:00 PM More reviews by maandusa