New York Color Liquid Eyeliner

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/31/2007 5:45:00 PM

Yep, i love this too. Doesn't flake on me, it earier to apply than mabyelline with the felt tip and, lasts just fine. Packaging is streamlined and simple, just how i like it. Costs pennies. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

on 12/18/2007 10:23:00 AM

Bought it because I never see any dramatic difference between eyeliners, and I was convinced: I am an eyeliner girl and I use it everyday so I need something that apply easily and stays fresh all-day, and this one does the trick for me: although I do prefer the pencil type of brush, I have no problem using the "plain straight" brush.

Will buy again, cause it is WAY cheaper than any other drugstore liner and it does exactly the same thing.

on 11/25/2007 10:08:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this liner since high school. I've gone through many tubes on and off but whenever I need a "go to" liquid liner I always run back to this. I love the brush, it's great for a fine line, cat eyes and tight lining. I think the brush design is really also friendly for anyone who's a newbie with liners. However the formula is iffy. Through using this on and off for years, I realize there is a way to limit the "flaking" problem. Solution is to draw a crisp clean line. It flakes if there's a lot of product and you take your time to draw your liner. If you do it quick with a stroke or too, it stays on relatively well. My main issue is that this isn't waterproof so I avoid using it during days with allergies or rain or... whatever issue because it'll run if you come in contact with water. That's one issue I don't have with the WnW liner (that merely just disappears with water). THOUGH I will buy this again because the NYC Deep Plum liner is gorgeous. No one seems to make such a shade, a deep metallic bronze.

Perfect for tightlining at $1.99! I use the pearlized black and get a precise, highly pigmented, long lasting line that lasts at least a work day with no flaking and no sensitivity. I see no reason to purchase anything but this for this purpose. I use a colored liner over this and just use it to enhance my lash line.

on 10/14/2007 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG eye liner! I'm actually surprised it didn't get better reviews. I don't find that it flakes, it works WAY better then the one I used to use in high school (I forget what brand but it was a higher priced and used to flake a ton!). This stays on all day, doesn't smudge, isn't tested on animals, and is dirt cheap! I have it in black. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I realize this is dollar-store product, but I do not care-- I use the black liquid eyeliner loyally because I adore the brush and find the felt-tip liners too hard to work with. The color is a solid ink black and it really does last. After 12 hours or so it flakes a bit, but I don't generally wear makeup that long so I have no problem with that. For a typical 8-hour day, it looks just as solid at the end as it did in the start!

on 9/3/2007 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this because the wnw black le was out. Its less than two dollars, and the color jet black is pitch black which i was looking for. The applicator is a bit long, but its lasts fairly well with yes, flaking. But I layered it on thrice, and did not have a problem with it afterward. It fades, but not in a smudgy way. Good stuff for the price, though I can see why it isn't that popular. This is actually pretty good for making super thin, straight lines though. I'll continue to use, but will not repurchase.

on 8/25/2007 4:07:00 PM

It costs less than two dollars and you get what you pay for. Flakes off FAST and I've never had a problem with that before. Fantastic brush for precise application, at least at first (another reviewer notes that it doesn't hold up well). Very thin, but fairly easy to work with. Shame the formula is so worthless. Got the pearly black one, in case you think it may matter.

on 8/2/2007 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was at Target one day and I happened to pass the NYC section and saw this dirt cheap liquid eyeliner for $1.99! I've gotten into the whole "liquid eyeliner" fad and have 3 different ones right now and so far this one is my favorite. I can't believe all the negative reviews on this! The brush handle is long and I can see how the bristles might separate a little but, but I can make a GREAT defined line . It still takes me some time [about 4 minutes doing top and bottom of each eye] using LE, but it looks so bold and nicely defined that it's worth it if I have time. I bought "Black"... yeah I wish they had these in more vibrant colors, but that's all right. I'll check out Wet N' Wild's LE. I haven't noticed hardly any flaking, it stays on until I'm ready to take it off, it hardly leaves residue when I wash my face unlike pencil/mechanical eyeliner, and it only cracks just a little. Nothing severe. I also use eye primer though whether it be Mary Kay's Eye Primer, Vaseline, or NYC's Reflect and Perfect's Eye Primer... Give this a try if you haven't. I guess it just works for some people while others it doesn't. Not bad for a cheapie! :P

on 7/28/2007 5:40:00 PM

I bought this in black for $1.99 awhile back when I was looking for a simple liquid liner to experiment with. The brush handle on this is a little long and hard to control, but I found the bristles on the brush itself to form nicely into a point and that somewhat counteracts the long handle. I gave the packaging quality a 4 because after owning this for awhile I nearly forgot what brand and colour it was because the name and brand were rubbing off.
I experienced some flaking when I first used this because I was applying it on too thickly. If you put some powder on before the liner it somewhat fixes this problem. After some time the liner began to thicken in the bottle and it was becoming sticky but that's what you get for paying so little.
The biggest plus for me on this product is that it's so easy to remove. So many times I've had liners and shadows that I need to use a whole bottle of remover to get it off - which resulted in my eye stinging.
I would buy this again, but I wouldn't say it's the best liner on the market.