November 28, 2014 | 2023 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2006 3:57:00 PM More reviews by xicyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was B1G1F at Ulta, so I picked up two. It's the first liquid liner I've used. I like to wear my eyeliner as close to my eyes as possible, and this was impossible with this eyeliner. If I got too close to my eyes, it would leak into them. I also had a really hard time getting a straight line with this. It felt very cakey while it was on, and it seemed to plaster my lower lashes down in its cakiness. I would not purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2006 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Dwivedi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Blah, this liner didn't do it for me. For one thing it definitely flakes as others have said and for another the brush is so tiny that my lines are pencil thin! I have to go over the same area maybe 2 to 3 times to get my desired thickness....I don't even want to finish using this up. Definitely will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2006 2:21:00 PM More reviews by piggytoes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is terrible. It flakes!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2006 8:27:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

So here's the thing: I have been using this brand of liquis forever - this is probibly the only reason why i still buy it. (old habbits die hard) I have tried other liquid eyeliners, but none I've fallen in love with, so I keep going for cheap. Yeah, the formula is kind of crappy - It flakes, but at least it doesnt smear everywhere like others do. This brush is the best of any liquid eyeliner i've used, but i also feel it is tricky to get the perfect line that starts thin in the inner corner and gets thinker by the outter. I have found that whiping of as much as you can on the bottel and doing it in two sweaps starting in the middle and goin in each direction helps. Forget about using it alone - it will not stay on. I use it on top of pencil & shadow right against the lash line. It does crack a little, but i make my line thin enough that you can't really notice. I would rally like to find a better formula with compairable packaging and a reasonabl price, but until I find it, yes, I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2006 12:19:00 AM More reviews by tropicaldreamx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had problems applying liquid eyeliner before..but other brands have gotten better coverage for me! The brush is very difficult to use and get the liner on the eye evenly. It's either a huge line or a skinny one. I've tried switching my hands around in different positions and still didn't work. It took me about 3 tries and half an hour before I got this stuff to work okay for me! I had it in my make-up case just incase I ran out but I don't think it's staying much longer! It flaked really badly when I did manage to get it on. I would not recommend buying it at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2006 4:37:00 PM More reviews by eyeslikeapril

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As many have said it flakes, doesn't stay, irritates; everything that can go wrong DID go wrong. The brush was also pretty crappy. Definitly will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2006 11:54:00 PM More reviews by you_killed_whatsername

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My first ever liquid liner. Easy to use, dirt cheap.
Love it, and I don't leave home without it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2006 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The formula itself is horrible, it flakes off within hours, so you're left with little black pieces all over your eyelid, and I didn't find that pairing it with a pencil eyeliner did anything to help that situation. But I agree with other reviewers, the brush is amazing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2006 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Shmabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So, the eyeliner itself is absolute crap. It would flake off during the day, it has absolutely no wear to it. Terrible stuff.
I have been using liqud eyeliner since I was a teenager, and the brush really is the best I've ever used. For a while I used the brush in my chanel eye liner, but it was inconvenient to open both tubes, swap brushes, etc. So I purchased a L'oreal eye liner and replaced their crappy brush with this NYC brush and now I'm happy as a clam. Worth buying just for the brush!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2006 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Eing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Pearlized Black because it seemed to be a great find for the price. The initial application is great- creating a smooth line of very visible color that coexists well with other eye makeup products. Usually I wore this on my upper eyelid and outer corner of my eye over an eyeliner pencil, but a few days ago when I decided to wear it alone I noticed that my original application had chipped off in places to create a dotted line effect, although it did not smear. I will continue to wear this product so as not to waste it in conjunction with another eye pencil, but will not repurchase.