September 17, 2014 | 986 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2006 10:34:00 PM More reviews by SweetSoup

I have this in black, "borrowed" from my sister. It was my first liquid liner, and I pretty much use it everyday now. I like how I am able to make such a thin black line, it really makes a big difference in making my eyes pop. I have tried Urban Decay liquid liners, and these are soooo much easier to apply if you have a shaky hand, but I don't think they last any longer than my good ole NYC. I use UD's primer potion w/ this though. I'm not sure I'd buy this again b/c I'd like to either opt for a black UD liner or try another brand and then go back to NYC, b/c its pretty much the cheapest you can buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2006 8:12:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a fanatastic liquid eyeliner - as long as you get the matte shades- Black or Sable. I purchased the pearlized version in plum and black first and hated them so much I gave them away to my 14 yr old daughter to "play" with after one try. The "pearl" versions seems to take forever to dry and do not go on as smooth or easy as the matte shades (probably because of the glitter) However, the Sable shade is a matte dark brown, and it applies smooth and even. The little brush makes it easy to get a thin or thick line. Much better than the felt tipped liquid eyeliners from other brands (Cover Girl) that cost 3 times as much!!!!!! Never had it flake or chip and it lasts all day! May take slightly longer to dry than others I have used but for less than $2.00 I have found my new HG liquid eyeliner- now if they only had a good matte purple.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2006 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Sophalicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ew, NYC makes horrible packaging. It was cheap, and it didn't stay on. The brush dried up quickly, I found. It wasn't very smooth to apply, so don't buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2006 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Trinity_Jane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It cakes up very easily if I don't apply an eye moisturizer to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2006 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jenmae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff was awful and I've used all sorts of liquid eyeliners in the past 5 years and this has got to be the worst. It flaked and cracked and dried into the creases of my eyelids and it was just awful all together. I tried the pearlized black I think it was called. If you want a good liquid eyeliner try Maybelline, this is just a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2006 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Luv_MAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this at my groceery store. It was set up as anend cap by the cosmetics and baby items aisle. I hate NYC e/s and mascara so I don't know what posessed me to buy this liquid eye liner. Maybe the price. It was $1.72 on sale.
I can't recall the clor right now. It's shimmery black. I absolutely love the brush. It's perfect in every way. It doesn't smear or wear off during the day. I cannot believe how inexpensive this great liquid eye liner is. I went the next day and bought 2 more. And it's a good thing I did because a week later the end cap is gone from the store and NYC brand is no where to be found, not even in CVS.

This is a keeper and quite possibly a HG for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2005 7:07:00 PM More reviews by whatsyourdamage

this is the best liner EVAR. all you need to do is just wipe the brush off on the sides of the container. it makes you look great. i use it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2005 1:13:00 PM More reviews by jessers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to wear liquid eyeliner everyday but got to the point where I didn't like such a dramatic daytime look. I LOVE this liquid eyeliner because the brush is so thin that I have more control over making a thin line for a daytime look. I will buy this all the time!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2005 12:28:00 PM More reviews by cynpat2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dont understand why this hasnt gotten better reviews but everyone has their own opinion but this lasts all day and if you add wet and wilds glitter to it it can look amazing/........

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2005 3:16:00 PM More reviews by LeMermaid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't beleive this stuff doesn't have better reviews...I cannot get enough of this!! I'm always willing to try a drugstore brand even though they often don't work for me...this was a major exception!! I have super oily lids and even liquid eyeliner sometimes slides right off. This lasted from 7 in the morning all day (through a quick run and soccer practice!) until I took it off around 9 at night. The formula is nice and the color shows up wonderfully. I don't understand why the brush didn't work for so many people...I've never had any problems with it.