December 20, 2014 | 1130 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2007 12:17:00 AM More reviews by shiningb3b3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ever since I was about 14, I've become very dependant on this liquid eyeliner. It was the first one I've ever used, and for it's price, it's dirt cheap, and I get pretty okay results with it. I've always used it, and I still continue to use it, even though I'm moving away from drug store brands now that I'm 18 and making my own money. I tend to go for more of the brand name items, in search of good quality, but it always gets pricey in the long run.
I would recommend this to young girls whom are financially conscious.
Not the best for creating the Super Dark Black EyeLiner Look, because I've had to use a pretty heavy hand with this liner, but if you pile it on a couple more times, it should stay black the entire day.
I have had flaking problems with it going into my eye, but it's not too big of a problem because my eyes aren't TOO sensitive (I wear contacts all the time and have become accustomed to it). Its formula is nicely designed to come off with simple non-pricey make up removers from drugstore brands like Almay and Annabelle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2007 5:21:00 PM More reviews by onthemove

I love this liner! Dirt cheap and long lasting. With a steady hand and a little practice-voila beautiful eyes! I purchased this in Sable(matte dark brown) and it looks natural and does not smear. NYC has quite a few fabulous finds-like the Browzer kit. Will repurchase and possibly buy the black liner as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2007 2:00:00 PM More reviews by femme_mystique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very good lining brush! I am impressed. It is just like drawing the line and the length of the brush is superb. Can't beat the quality for such a great price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2006 7:09:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

OMG!!! how can people give bad ratings to this product. it's a staple for me!! first of all, its dirt cheap and it sure does the trick. where else can you find a eyeliner for around 2 bucks that stays all day and looks great?? I really cannot live without it, and I will use this product forever

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2006 3:57:00 PM More reviews by xicyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was B1G1F at Ulta, so I picked up two. It's the first liquid liner I've used. I like to wear my eyeliner as close to my eyes as possible, and this was impossible with this eyeliner. If I got too close to my eyes, it would leak into them. I also had a really hard time getting a straight line with this. It felt very cakey while it was on, and it seemed to plaster my lower lashes down in its cakiness. I would not purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2006 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Dwivedi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Blah, this liner didn't do it for me. For one thing it definitely flakes as others have said and for another the brush is so tiny that my lines are pencil thin! I have to go over the same area maybe 2 to 3 times to get my desired thickness....I don't even want to finish using this up. Definitely will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2006 2:21:00 PM More reviews by piggytoes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is terrible. It flakes!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2006 8:27:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

So here's the thing: I have been using this brand of liquis forever - this is probibly the only reason why i still buy it. (old habbits die hard) I have tried other liquid eyeliners, but none I've fallen in love with, so I keep going for cheap. Yeah, the formula is kind of crappy - It flakes, but at least it doesnt smear everywhere like others do. This brush is the best of any liquid eyeliner i've used, but i also feel it is tricky to get the perfect line that starts thin in the inner corner and gets thinker by the outter. I have found that whiping of as much as you can on the bottel and doing it in two sweaps starting in the middle and goin in each direction helps. Forget about using it alone - it will not stay on. I use it on top of pencil & shadow right against the lash line. It does crack a little, but i make my line thin enough that you can't really notice. I would rally like to find a better formula with compairable packaging and a reasonabl price, but until I find it, yes, I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2006 12:19:00 AM More reviews by tropicaldreamx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had problems applying liquid eyeliner before..but other brands have gotten better coverage for me! The brush is very difficult to use and get the liner on the eye evenly. It's either a huge line or a skinny one. I've tried switching my hands around in different positions and still didn't work. It took me about 3 tries and half an hour before I got this stuff to work okay for me! I had it in my make-up case just incase I ran out but I don't think it's staying much longer! It flaked really badly when I did manage to get it on. I would not recommend buying it at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2006 4:37:00 PM More reviews by eyeslikeapril

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As many have said it flakes, doesn't stay, irritates; everything that can go wrong DID go wrong. The brush was also pretty crappy. Definitly will not buy again.