October 31, 2014 | 1531 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2006 12:19:00 AM More reviews by tropicaldreamx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had problems applying liquid eyeliner before..but other brands have gotten better coverage for me! The brush is very difficult to use and get the liner on the eye evenly. It's either a huge line or a skinny one. I've tried switching my hands around in different positions and still didn't work. It took me about 3 tries and half an hour before I got this stuff to work okay for me! I had it in my make-up case just incase I ran out but I don't think it's staying much longer! It flaked really badly when I did manage to get it on. I would not recommend buying it at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2006 4:37:00 PM More reviews by eyeslikeapril

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As many have said it flakes, doesn't stay, irritates; everything that can go wrong DID go wrong. The brush was also pretty crappy. Definitly will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2006 11:54:00 PM More reviews by you_killed_whatsername

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My first ever liquid liner. Easy to use, dirt cheap.
Love it, and I don't leave home without it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2006 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The formula itself is horrible, it flakes off within hours, so you're left with little black pieces all over your eyelid, and I didn't find that pairing it with a pencil eyeliner did anything to help that situation. But I agree with other reviewers, the brush is amazing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2006 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Shmabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So, the eyeliner itself is absolute crap. It would flake off during the day, it has absolutely no wear to it. Terrible stuff.
I have been using liqud eyeliner since I was a teenager, and the brush really is the best I've ever used. For a while I used the brush in my chanel eye liner, but it was inconvenient to open both tubes, swap brushes, etc. So I purchased a L'oreal eye liner and replaced their crappy brush with this NYC brush and now I'm happy as a clam. Worth buying just for the brush!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2006 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Eing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Pearlized Black because it seemed to be a great find for the price. The initial application is great- creating a smooth line of very visible color that coexists well with other eye makeup products. Usually I wore this on my upper eyelid and outer corner of my eye over an eyeliner pencil, but a few days ago when I decided to wear it alone I noticed that my original application had chipped off in places to create a dotted line effect, although it did not smear. I will continue to wear this product so as not to waste it in conjunction with another eye pencil, but will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2006 10:34:00 PM More reviews by SweetSoup

I have this in black, "borrowed" from my sister. It was my first liquid liner, and I pretty much use it everyday now. I like how I am able to make such a thin black line, it really makes a big difference in making my eyes pop. I have tried Urban Decay liquid liners, and these are soooo much easier to apply if you have a shaky hand, but I don't think they last any longer than my good ole NYC. I use UD's primer potion w/ this though. I'm not sure I'd buy this again b/c I'd like to either opt for a black UD liner or try another brand and then go back to NYC, b/c its pretty much the cheapest you can buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2006 8:12:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a fanatastic liquid eyeliner - as long as you get the matte shades- Black or Sable. I purchased the pearlized version in plum and black first and hated them so much I gave them away to my 14 yr old daughter to "play" with after one try. The "pearl" versions seems to take forever to dry and do not go on as smooth or easy as the matte shades (probably because of the glitter) However, the Sable shade is a matte dark brown, and it applies smooth and even. The little brush makes it easy to get a thin or thick line. Much better than the felt tipped liquid eyeliners from other brands (Cover Girl) that cost 3 times as much!!!!!! Never had it flake or chip and it lasts all day! May take slightly longer to dry than others I have used but for less than $2.00 I have found my new HG liquid eyeliner- now if they only had a good matte purple.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2006 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Sophalicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ew, NYC makes horrible packaging. It was cheap, and it didn't stay on. The brush dried up quickly, I found. It wasn't very smooth to apply, so don't buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2006 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Trinity_Jane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It cakes up very easily if I don't apply an eye moisturizer to it.