New York Color Liquid Eyeliner

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I realize this is dollar-store product, but I do not care-- I use the black liquid eyeliner loyally because I adore the brush and find the felt-tip liners too hard to work with. The color is a solid ink black and it really does last. After 12 hours or so it flakes a bit, but I don't generally wear makeup that long so I have no problem with that. For a typical 8-hour day, it looks just as solid at the end as it did in the start!

on 9/3/2007 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this because the wnw black le was out. Its less than two dollars, and the color jet black is pitch black which i was looking for. The applicator is a bit long, but its lasts fairly well with yes, flaking. But I layered it on thrice, and did not have a problem with it afterward. It fades, but not in a smudgy way. Good stuff for the price, though I can see why it isn't that popular. This is actually pretty good for making super thin, straight lines though. I'll continue to use, but will not repurchase.

on 8/25/2007 4:07:00 PM

It costs less than two dollars and you get what you pay for. Flakes off FAST and I've never had a problem with that before. Fantastic brush for precise application, at least at first (another reviewer notes that it doesn't hold up well). Very thin, but fairly easy to work with. Shame the formula is so worthless. Got the pearly black one, in case you think it may matter.

on 8/2/2007 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was at Target one day and I happened to pass the NYC section and saw this dirt cheap liquid eyeliner for $1.99! I've gotten into the whole "liquid eyeliner" fad and have 3 different ones right now and so far this one is my favorite. I can't believe all the negative reviews on this! The brush handle is long and I can see how the bristles might separate a little but, but I can make a GREAT defined line . It still takes me some time [about 4 minutes doing top and bottom of each eye] using LE, but it looks so bold and nicely defined that it's worth it if I have time. I bought "Black"... yeah I wish they had these in more vibrant colors, but that's all right. I'll check out Wet N' Wild's LE. I haven't noticed hardly any flaking, it stays on until I'm ready to take it off, it hardly leaves residue when I wash my face unlike pencil/mechanical eyeliner, and it only cracks just a little. Nothing severe. I also use eye primer though whether it be Mary Kay's Eye Primer, Vaseline, or NYC's Reflect and Perfect's Eye Primer... Give this a try if you haven't. I guess it just works for some people while others it doesn't. Not bad for a cheapie! :P

on 7/28/2007 5:40:00 PM

I bought this in black for $1.99 awhile back when I was looking for a simple liquid liner to experiment with. The brush handle on this is a little long and hard to control, but I found the bristles on the brush itself to form nicely into a point and that somewhat counteracts the long handle. I gave the packaging quality a 4 because after owning this for awhile I nearly forgot what brand and colour it was because the name and brand were rubbing off.
I experienced some flaking when I first used this because I was applying it on too thickly. If you put some powder on before the liner it somewhat fixes this problem. After some time the liner began to thicken in the bottle and it was becoming sticky but that's what you get for paying so little.
The biggest plus for me on this product is that it's so easy to remove. So many times I've had liners and shadows that I need to use a whole bottle of remover to get it off - which resulted in my eye stinging.
I would buy this again, but I wouldn't say it's the best liner on the market.

on 7/28/2007 5:02:00 PM

I always have one laying around somewhere.

Pros: CHEAP, easy to apply

Cons: It always seems to leave black gunk in the corner of my eyes. It will start to go on too thick after about a month.

on 7/12/2007 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this product is really easy to apply, and wash off. And it drys really fast. and it's sort of waterproff. it won't come off against some small rain showers. great product.

but one bad thing is it if you rub it, it comes off easily

on 6/11/2007 12:21:00 AM

Horrible product- flaked like crazy!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

You can't go wrong with this, especially for $1.99! Jet Black is a pure black color, no bells or whistes. It lasts all day, and just needs a few quick stripes, to get good, opaque coverage. If you have any trouble with this staying on, as I do, when I use a super slick e/s, just quickly smudge a pencil liner in your lashline, before putting this on. Works like a charm. The brush on this is fantastic, thin and sturdy, you can easily make thin or thick lines. I am a tightlining fanatic, and this is the only thing that works the way I want

The quality of the product is very nice, not too runny. Removes easily, and greatly inhances your look. All of you girls looking to get into liquid liner, start with this one! Easy to apply, cheap, and a steal! It gets no better than that! (I've also reviewed Deep Plum, in it's own thread :-)

EDIT: I'm in a natural phase, so I've been using Sable (dark brown) daily. WOW! It's gorgeous, opaque...

I'll admitt, I was having problems with it skipping towards my outer lashline and flaking towards the end of the day, HERE'S HOW I FIXED IT:

***Smudge a pencil liner in your lashline, I prefer Rimmel Special Eyes because it's a crayon & is rougher, giving the liquid something to hold on to. It stayed on for a 13 hour day with NO flakes or smudges. I was AMAZED.***

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a terrible liquid eyeliner. I bought 2 of these in different colors because they were bogof. The formula of the eyeliner itself is bad, it starts to flake off after a couple of hours. Also, one of the two tubes had bristles that don't stick together to form a point. I've used a lot of liquid eyeliners and this is one of the top 2 worst liquid eyeliners I've had the displeasure of coming across...the other being Max Factor's line maker waterproof.