October 26, 2014 | 939 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2008 7:52:00 AM More reviews by monica4xx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not my favourite product out there, but i don't hate it. My skin had that new feel to it after but it hardly lasted. My acne reddened slightly and i didn't feel as if my pores were unclogged. not a great product as far as Neutrogena goes. disappointing, i won't be buying again

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by angela_cheung11

Not sure whether this is the product I used because I couldnt find the one i was looking for, but i think in Australia this is called Skin Clearing cleanser/mask.
I loved the scent and menthol in this cleanser, left my skin cool and refreshed. Didn't clear up my acne though.
Good as a cleanser, good as a mask. Felt like pretty much the same thing.
I loved this product and I wish i could use it but i can't because of my acne, so i won't be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this product for a mask and was happy that I could use it as a cleanser too. I like it better as a mask; you put it on & you start to feel it tingle & when you wash it off it feels all nice, tingly, and clean. When I used to as a facewash (I was my face 2 times a day), it seemed to make my face a little drier than usual. I think it did more for my acne when used as a mask, but overall its still a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by suzzel

It's better than a lot of much more expensive masks out there.
I'd only recommend it to someone who rarely breaks out, doesn't use BP on a regular basis, and just uses it as an occasional mask when the skin is very oily after cleaning the house or right before their period.

Quite drying, slightly irritating cleanser, which is a bad idea if you actually have acne and are using a benzoyl peroxide gel daily (a lot more efficient than just using a cleanser containing one). You will flake from the BP and only want to use a very mild cleanser, since you can't "lift" the oil that is clogging your pores with a mask, unfortunately...
I'm also getting sick of products for oily skin that contain menthol to give the tingling, "refreshing" feeling... does menthol actually do anything for oily skin? I don't believe so.
With that said, as face masks for oily/combo skin go, this one is affordable, mattifies well and can probably help prevent the occasional break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by lovestosmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hello all! I use this product almost daily. I am a bath taker/soaker. I soak four aspirin (walmart brand) and mix it with a 1/2 teaspoon of this mask/cleanser and let it sit while I catch up on my "trash" mags. After ten or fifteen minutes I rinse. Viola, good to go! No need for any other product before bed. I read that BP even for a few minutes does the necessary job of bacteria removal. Just wash and moisturize in A.M. I do not use it to remove my makeup (purpose bar). This and mineral makeup(Everday Minerals) have cleared up my hormonal skin. YAH!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by watoto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Been waiting a few weeks to review, and the verdict is in-- it's great! Haven't had 1 blemish the whole time I've been using this. I'm surprised, since the BP is supposedly washed off so quickly that it shouldn't have time to work, but something seems to. It is tingly, and the first time I used as a mask, my face was red and a bit "hot", but it works so well. I use every night as a cleanser and 2 to 3 times a week as mask. Hasn't really helped blackheads, but neither does my BHA product (Neutrogena 3 in 1 Stress Control), but together they've helped my face look as good as it ever has. No miracles, but I'm happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2008 9:55:00 AM More reviews by GreenEyes85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the few Neutrogena products I will continue to buy. I only use this in the shower, because it is quite thick and difficult to rinse off. Once a week or once every two weeks, on days that I do not use my 2% BHA gel, I put this on in the shower like a mask, and rinse after a few minutes. I like the cool, tingly sensation, and it makes my skin feel soooo smooth. I don't like using it out of the shower as a mask because it's on for a long time and tends to make my skin red. I have used this as a cleanser and it is great at removing make-up, but I prefer my Skin Balancing Cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 1:47:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've changed my mind about this product so many darn times. I gave it a glowing review, only to then knock it down to now giving it yet another review. Here's the thing with this...you have to be very careful. Period. It's drying but it works. I figured that I can absolutely under no circumstances use this as a mask because it will literally leave a chemical burn on my face. This is best used 3-4 times a week, as a cleanser only. I wish this didn't have that menthol/chalky thing going on...I think thats the reason why it doesn't work for me sometimes gives those annoying side effects.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

I've used this product as both a mask and a cleanser.

This product is a little harsh for my sensitive skin. My face tingles the entire time the product is on my skin, and when I use it as a mask, my skin is red afterwards. I did not notice any improvement in my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by amd218

I have combo/oily/acne-prone skin and my dermatologist recommended this cleanser/mask to me about a month ago. I have tried so many different cleansers (expensive and cheap) and prior to this, I was using MD Forte's glycolic cleanser III. I had liked the glycolic cleanser for a while, but then I felt that it just stopped working and my skin has been breaking out for several months now. Salycylic acid cleansers usually do nothing for me, so the BP in this really appealed to me. I have been using it in conjunction with some prescription topical meds (Duac and Retin-a), and so far, so good.

Long story short, I've been really pleased with this product so far. It's winter time and my skin has become a little drier than usual, so I've cut back to using this once a day. I use the mask about once a week (again, since it's so dry outside). I will probably use it as a mask more often once it warms up again and my skin becomes oilier.

I give it 4 lippies because it dries out my skin a little "too" much if I use it twice a day.

EDIT: I wound up canning this product after a couple of months. It really dried out my skin and it did not help my breakouts in the long run. If anything, I'm convinced that they got worse (especially around my chin). I still don't mind it as a mask, but it's too much for everyday use for me.