Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 7/15/2008 11:37:00 PM

BP products tend to work well for me where salicylic acid products fail. This seems to be a fairly gentle, yet effective product on my skin. I use it as a cleanser most often, rather than as a mask. Like another poster mentioned, if you get hormonal breakouts, use this the week before you know it typically happens! Avoids the whole need to use a mask in the first place. I would never leave this stuff on overnight, but it seems okay when I use it as an occasional cleanser.

on 7/13/2008 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I am a huge fan of Neutrogena products, but I am not too big on this particular product. I bought it liking the idea of the product being a 2 in 1 cleanser/mask hybrid. I got it at Target for around 5 or 6 dollars and when I got home I used it as a cleanser. The consistancy is really thick-like a mask, and things got a little messy. I get random breakouts so I expected the product to help with my acne seeing as it has 3.5% benzoyl peroxide. I tried the product as a mask, after washing off, my skin felt tight and stung a little. I will not be repurchasing this product but it is definitely not the worst product I have tried. Three lippies!!

on 7/7/2008 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

DON'T BUY THIS IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO BP!
i thought i'd give it a try cause it just has 3.5% bp. A HUGE BLUNDER! i left it on my face overnight as spot treatment on areas that needed help, and now my face is all red all over. it's itchy too. and it just worsened my zits.
don't take chances like i did.

i really like this mask.
i suffer from acne around the chin and nose area and occasionally on the jaw line and this clears it right up

i dont use it as a cleanser much but i do use it as a spot treatment at night by applying a dab on a pimple letting it dry a bit and then going to sleep

when i wake up its almost all gone!
its less swollen, red, and inflamed.

once in a while i use it as an all over face mask but i think that makes me breakout more cause essentially masks draw up the impurties to the surface of the skin, makes you purge, and then clears up your skin...well according to my derm at least

i will definately repurchase this time and time again
i have already gone through 3 tubes, and almost done with my 4th

on 7/3/2008 6:10:00 PM

It made my skin red, blotchy and dry...yuck. Didnt like it. Wish I did cause I got 2 new nasty zits from the Aveeno calming cleanser and now I dont know where to look for a new deep cleansing, but calming cleanser.

on 6/29/2008 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after reading about it in a magazine. When I first tried it, I thought, wow this is really refreshing. That feeling goes away after a couple of uses. As for helping my acne, it didn't. My skin was breaking out just as much as it was before. I gave this product about a month and a half before I stopped using it. I got tired of it not helping my skin, but bleaching my clothes like crazy! As for the mask part of this product, like I said before, it is refreshing but I don't think it cleans my pores much. I perfer Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask (see my review) to this when it comes to a cleansing mask. Overall, this product just didn't work for me.

on 6/17/2008 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I had horrible acne as a teen. Birth control improved it slightly as I got older, but it wasn't until I added Clear Pore that my skin significantly cleared up. I still get one pimple (as opposed to an army) when I am nearing my period, but that isn't close to enough to get me to stop using this. I think it works best as a mask, just apply at the start of your shower/bath and rnise when you are wrapping up. I don't see how you can't see a difference!

on 6/7/2008 11:50:00 AM

This really makes my skin feel soft and clean! I used this for awhile, but was running low and didn't bother to repurchase. The thing was, this cleanser is really good at getting rid of clogged pores! I have a handful of clogged pores on my forehead and my forehead hasn't felt smooth and bump-free in years until after I started using this cleanser regularly for about two weeks. Once I stopped using it, one by one, the clogs came back... Don't know why I strayed! Since it has menthol in it, though, I don't recommend it for use around the eyes. Use something else to take off your makeup, and then use this stuff.

on 5/30/2008 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG AM face wash. While my skin isn't perfectly clear (and I don't think it ever will be), this really helps keep it in check. I don't use it at night, as I have bleached a few pillow cases with it. At night I use a salicylic face wash and Stridex BP power pads.

on 5/24/2008 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is wonderful for getting the gunk out. I use it as a mask mostly (and sometimes even sleep with it on) It dries out pimples and just makes my complexion look fresh and even. Very satisfied with this product and the price is very reasonable.