July 29, 2014 | 2094 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 1:47:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've changed my mind about this product so many darn times. I gave it a glowing review, only to then knock it down to now giving it yet another review. Here's the thing with this...you have to be very careful. Period. It's drying but it works. I figured that I can absolutely under no circumstances use this as a mask because it will literally leave a chemical burn on my face. This is best used 3-4 times a week, as a cleanser only. I wish this didn't have that menthol/chalky thing going on...I think thats the reason why it doesn't work for me sometimes gives those annoying side effects.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

I've used this product as both a mask and a cleanser.

This product is a little harsh for my sensitive skin. My face tingles the entire time the product is on my skin, and when I use it as a mask, my skin is red afterwards. I did not notice any improvement in my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by amd218

I have combo/oily/acne-prone skin and my dermatologist recommended this cleanser/mask to me about a month ago. I have tried so many different cleansers (expensive and cheap) and prior to this, I was using MD Forte's glycolic cleanser III. I had liked the glycolic cleanser for a while, but then I felt that it just stopped working and my skin has been breaking out for several months now. Salycylic acid cleansers usually do nothing for me, so the BP in this really appealed to me. I have been using it in conjunction with some prescription topical meds (Duac and Retin-a), and so far, so good.

Long story short, I've been really pleased with this product so far. It's winter time and my skin has become a little drier than usual, so I've cut back to using this once a day. I use the mask about once a week (again, since it's so dry outside). I will probably use it as a mask more often once it warms up again and my skin becomes oilier.

I give it 4 lippies because it dries out my skin a little "too" much if I use it twice a day.

EDIT: I wound up canning this product after a couple of months. It really dried out my skin and it did not help my breakouts in the long run. If anything, I'm convinced that they got worse (especially around my chin). I still don't mind it as a mask, but it's too much for everyday use for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by bwookie

I forget how much I love this cleanser/mask until I'm stuck without it. I had to go for 10 days without it in the Iowa winter and my face went crazy. I got a few huge cysts along my jawline but they started clearing up as soon as I got back home and started using this again. If this is too drying at first, you should start slow (once a day or once every other day) and then work your way up. It's very similar to Pro-Activ's cleanser but easier to find and cheaper. Plus, this makes my face feel tingling and super-clean and it works great as a mask. The mask part is great when traveling since this product pulls double duty.

Like another reviewer noted - the lid doesn't close easily. Other than that, I love it. No miracles, but this controls (doesn't eliminate) my acne, helps out as a mask when I do break out, is cheap and feels great on my skin. I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by ipreshuzi

I bought this product today, and I think it'l work well. As soon as I got out of the shower, my blackheads were *ALMOST* gone :D But I think I'll use this every other day, cause it makes my face really dry. So ladies (or gentleman) make sure you use a moisturizer! The cap won't SHUT >o<;

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is great as a mask. It stung my skin which made me panic and think I was having an allergic reaction, but it was just working deep within my pores.

This gets 5 lippies alone because it helped me extract a huge, stubborn blackhead I've had for a while. After I washed off this mask, I took a chance and squeezed it; and holy mother, it came out! Ecstatic. Over the successful extraction of a blackhead, haha. It also cleared the rest of my crater-sized pores and calmed a couple zits.

This is becoming my HG heavy-duty mask. Haven't tried it as a cleanser yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by inthetreetops

I love this stuff! I've been using it for more than 2 years now, and its the only cleanser I've found that actually does help my acne. Every now and then I get dry spots from the benzoyls peroxide, but it's easy enough to fix with extra moisturizer and staying away from the BP for a couple of days. I tried a different cleanser for a couple days one time, and the blackheads on my nose got visibly worse, it was pretty bad! So I went back to this stuff and it's great :) I don't use it much as a mask, I find it works much better as a cleanser. I hope they never discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by HeyJudes

Really good cleanser AND mask. I love using it as a cleanser because of the benzoyl peroxide in it. I find that salicylic acid doesn't really work as effective for me. It's not harsh as a cleanser or overdrying for me (I have combo/oily skin with acne) and I really feel like it deep cleans. The mask is also great, I feel like my pores are tighter after using it. It's a fast drying mask too which is nice since I don't have that much time for pampering. It's a great product for its price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

I normally don't like cleansers that don't foam but I really really really like this one because it gets results. To begin with, it cleans my skin well. Also, it keeps my skin clear! (I notice a difference in my skin if I don't use this cleanser.) Although I don't use the mask feature of this product often, I can tell you that it is a nice deep cleanser when I need it. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2007 3:51:00 AM More reviews by sammerz2388

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a sucker for BP and that "tight, fresh" feeling that a serious mask will leave on my superoily face. As a cleanser, it doesn't do much for me. I use it as a mask nightly (I'm not kidding about the serious oil factor of my face). I don't know that it does too much in the way of acne prevention, but I'm pretty confident that it has kept some baby zits from developing into full-blown mountain ranges. Ew, but true. Packaging is simple and works.