MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 2/21/2009 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was completely worth the money.. I cannot remember the price but I think it is anywhere from $22-$24. It's an outstanding quality brush that can do many things. It packs on color easily, it can be flipped on end to work the crease, or under the eyes. It's has many uses, you just have to experiment with it to find the best ways. It has enough weight to it, so the handle feels solid. It's one of the best starter brushes for MAC. If you are new to their brushes, get this and the 217 first. You don't really need anything else. I go for being practical first and having the most real use you can get out of a brush.
I don't feel the need to use brush shampoo, because gentle baby shampoo is the same thing. Lay them flat to dry and your brush should last forever. If you don't, and they dry brush end up, your handle may crack from the water. MAC brushes are handmade, made of teak wood, and goat hair. Brushes cannot do all the work for you, it's up to you and the products to do the rest.

on 2/17/2009 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The best brush ever! This brush could really do it all if you had a couple 239s. It pack on color, softly lines the lower lashes, and it's fluffy enough at the tip to do crease work. Really the best!

on 2/13/2009 12:30:00 PM

This is a must-have brush every make up beginner, expert or whatever will undoubtedly NEED for eyeshadow application. It's dense enough to pack the colour on and the size and shape allows it to be extremely versatile. I use it for everything- from eyelid to crease to highlight. This brush does it all. Bought it for 38AUD but it is most definitely worth it. If I had to choose one brush and only one brush to have for eyeshadows this is it.

on 2/13/2009 1:27:00 AM

I bought the SE version first. It's great! I honestly don't think there is much difference b/w 239 se and 239. Anyway, my 2nd regular size 239 is on the way. I'll love it.

on 2/8/2009 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I love this brush along with the 217, both are a MUST HAVE if you are just starting out with MAC brushes. This is great for packing on color and the tip I find is great for applying color on my lower eyes. The white bristles on this brush and the 217 is my favorite part because I can easily tell which color was on which side when I'm doing multiple colors on my eyes.

on 2/7/2009 12:40:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This eyeshadow brush does the job for applying pigment evenly. It doesn't blend at all though so you'll have to get another brush for that.

AMAZING!!! The greatest base colour applicator for eyeshadow, or to blend (concealer, not stiff, very soft so it doesn't pull, and never streaks since the hair is so soft, yet fully bundled). I've had mine for a year and it works so well! It's difficult to find soft brushes that apply color as opaquely as this brush. I have to say, my MAC brushes were some of the best investmets in my makeuo kit! Have to be willing to spend to get a professional grade application and proper blending!

on 2/6/2009 10:57:00 AM

This is a staple for eyeshadow applying. Made of good quality and the brush is tightly packed. You would only need one of this brush and it does the trick. I like that the brush is white so I can see how much color I pack on.

I have purchased this brush again...I have two of them! This is THE brush to have for packing on any pigment or loose mineral eyeshadow! I can't get it to pick up and apply the MAC MES duos/trios though...I need something fluffier with thinner hairs (the 228, 213 and 226!!) The bristles on these are a little thicker than other brushes, but they are as soft as silk. I can't comment on regular pan shadows, because I only use loose minerals, MAC Pigments, and piggies that I have pressed myself. If you ever had a Bare Minerals shadow that seemed like it had no payoff, apply it with this baby!

I've said it once, and I must say it again (if I didn't use MES's) the 231, 217, and 224 are all I really ever need!!

on 2/5/2009 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I am in love with this brush. It's so soft and makes it so much easier to pack on eyeshadow and since the bristles are white you can see how much product is getting on to the brush. This and my 217 are my HG.

Popular Makeup Brushes