November 23, 2014 | 966 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by mgjolley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the SE version first. It's great! I honestly don't think there is much difference b/w 239 se and 239. Anyway, my 2nd regular size 239 is on the way. I'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush along with the 217, both are a MUST HAVE if you are just starting out with MAC brushes. This is great for packing on color and the tip I find is great for applying color on my lower eyes. The white bristles on this brush and the 217 is my favorite part because I can easily tell which color was on which side when I'm doing multiple colors on my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Cerebro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow brush does the job for applying pigment evenly. It doesn't blend at all though so you'll have to get another brush for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by cathymakeupart

AMAZING!!! The greatest base colour applicator for eyeshadow, or to blend (concealer, not stiff, very soft so it doesn't pull, and never streaks since the hair is so soft, yet fully bundled). I've had mine for a year and it works so well! It's difficult to find soft brushes that apply color as opaquely as this brush. I have to say, my MAC brushes were some of the best investmets in my makeuo kit! Have to be willing to spend to get a professional grade application and proper blending!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by mylychee

This is a staple for eyeshadow applying. Made of good quality and the brush is tightly packed. You would only need one of this brush and it does the trick. I like that the brush is white so I can see how much color I pack on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ThinkPink2683

I have purchased this brush again...I have two of them! This is THE brush to have for packing on any pigment or loose mineral eyeshadow! I can't get it to pick up and apply the MAC MES duos/trios though...I need something fluffier with thinner hairs (the 228, 213 and 226!!) The bristles on these are a little thicker than other brushes, but they are as soft as silk. I can't comment on regular pan shadows, because I only use loose minerals, MAC Pigments, and piggies that I have pressed myself. If you ever had a Bare Minerals shadow that seemed like it had no payoff, apply it with this baby!

I've said it once, and I must say it again (if I didn't use MES's) the 231, 217, and 224 are all I really ever need!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this brush. It's so soft and makes it so much easier to pack on eyeshadow and since the bristles are white you can see how much product is getting on to the brush. This and my 217 are my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great eye shadow brush. I use this brush everyday to apply eye shadow to my lids. This is the perfect sized brush for me since it picks up the right amount of shadow on the brush, and does not allow shadow to go outside the eyelid area. This is a basic must have brush for anyone applying eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by stephiem

After using cheap brushes for applying make up for years I finally went to MAC and picked up some nice brushes (this being one of them) and wow I am so impressed. I can't believe I used those crappy brushes for so long! This brush really picks up and distributes colour so nicely on my eye! I would definitely recommend this along with a good blending brush! DOOO IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by itzjuzKT

You can never go wrong w/ MAC brushes especially their eye brushes, I loved the 217 for picking up shadows and blending, however, the 239 picks up the color precisely and just enough on your lid. The bristles are very soft and well made and though it is a lot for some people it is an investment in the long run and with a MAC brush, even the dirt cheap eyeshadow can appear amazing on you