July 26, 2014 | 1915 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by mylychee

This is a staple for eyeshadow applying. Made of good quality and the brush is tightly packed. You would only need one of this brush and it does the trick. I like that the brush is white so I can see how much color I pack on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ThinkPink2683

I have purchased this brush again...I have two of them! This is THE brush to have for packing on any pigment or loose mineral eyeshadow! I can't get it to pick up and apply the MAC MES duos/trios though...I need something fluffier with thinner hairs (the 228, 213 and 226!!) The bristles on these are a little thicker than other brushes, but they are as soft as silk. I can't comment on regular pan shadows, because I only use loose minerals, MAC Pigments, and piggies that I have pressed myself. If you ever had a Bare Minerals shadow that seemed like it had no payoff, apply it with this baby!

I've said it once, and I must say it again (if I didn't use MES's) the 231, 217, and 224 are all I really ever need!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this brush. It's so soft and makes it so much easier to pack on eyeshadow and since the bristles are white you can see how much product is getting on to the brush. This and my 217 are my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great eye shadow brush. I use this brush everyday to apply eye shadow to my lids. This is the perfect sized brush for me since it picks up the right amount of shadow on the brush, and does not allow shadow to go outside the eyelid area. This is a basic must have brush for anyone applying eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by stephiem

After using cheap brushes for applying make up for years I finally went to MAC and picked up some nice brushes (this being one of them) and wow I am so impressed. I can't believe I used those crappy brushes for so long! This brush really picks up and distributes colour so nicely on my eye! I would definitely recommend this along with a good blending brush! DOOO IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by itzjuzKT

You can never go wrong w/ MAC brushes especially their eye brushes, I loved the 217 for picking up shadows and blending, however, the 239 picks up the color precisely and just enough on your lid. The bristles are very soft and well made and though it is a lot for some people it is an investment in the long run and with a MAC brush, even the dirt cheap eyeshadow can appear amazing on you

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by 2lilmonkees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

MACs brushes r LOVE!!! they make everything so much more perfect and beautiful. this eyeshadow brush is awesome. picks up more/less than u need. always the perfect amount. the shadow never falls off onto unwanted areas of ur face. correctly goes on ur eye where put. amazing. the MAC SA told me if i ever was gonna buy a brush of any kind, THIS needed to be it. and ive nvr looked back. ive had 2 in the last 4 years. i wash vigorously, frequently. and only buy a new one every 2 yrs cuz im a germ phob. but WOW!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by klsjackson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best brush for applying color to the lid, espcially pigments. I spray my brush with Fix+ and then pick up pigment and apply to lid. The fix+ keeps the pigment from falling from the brush and helps give a smooth finish. This brush is not good for blending, but it puts the color exactly where you want it on the lid.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must say I am every bit as in love with this brush as most people on here. I didn't believe the hype for many years about brushes being essential in achieving the 'look'. Look, just buy it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmm I think the raves for this brush on the site are more Hype than deserved. I bought this and have been using for about 3 weeks and do not see any difference to my Laura Mercier Eye shadow brush. Based on all the commentary and the number of times this is recommended on the borads I did expect a bit more. While the brush make is easy to apply eye shadow it is not any better than BB or other brands out there. I really regret not buying the Prescriptices Eye Paint brush which is a bit thicker. I think I would return this if I could based on the fact that I already have one from LM. I expected a super product just to find that it is not that super after all. For those looking for a eye shadow brush and do not already have one then this will work fine - it is a very soft brush and the quality is not bad. If you already have one that is functional then it is not worth it to get this one.