April 17, 2014 | 1809 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by vmelkic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really don't know how coul I live without this before :)
It's really amazing what you can use it for. It's really a great product, and best of all - it's cheap!

Love it and ofcourse I would buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 11:04:00 AM More reviews by xine_07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this prodcut after I strayed from Avene to try some Dermalogica products. I had a terrible reaction, my skin was rough, flaky, red and sore. I had not tried the water before, but decided to give it a shot for it's claim to calm and reduce redness. I openend it immediately and sprayed my sore face, and it quickly calmed my skin. To me it also toned down redness as well. I've continued to use it for about two weeks now and love the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by sypat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product and can be used as a toner (or pre-toner :), face refresher during the day, makeup setter and even help with dry itchy skin!! I spray this on my face every morning and night after cleansing and after putting my makeup on. It's an especially great refresher during the summer when it's almost 115F and YES I will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by MsMe

I found this product to be beneficial during the harsh summer months, when my sensitive/combo skin warps into oil slick/red blotch/desert patch territory. It calms down my skin and works well with the Avene Optimale Legere facial lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 7:52:00 AM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

I am really enjoying using this product. I mosly use it to tone/soothe may face after cleansing. I spray onto a large cotton pad and wipe over my face. It feels cooling and soothing and is great if you have irritated areas. I use it after having facial peels or microdermabrasions too. I'm sure this is soothing the red areas of my complexion. A lovely inexpensive product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by alioli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product does absolute nothing for me, it's just water, and i refuse to pay again 8€ (or something like that) for just 150ml of plain water.

now i'm using "moisture surge face spray" (clinique) and it's much better, it actually calms and moisturizes my skin.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by SnowJaz

My skin loves it initially. It helps calm my inflammed pimples when I have breakouts. But after using it for a few weeks, my skin hates it, I started to have more clogged pores, so I have to ditch it for another brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Update 1/20/13: I have found this product very useful. As I am now retired and wash my face after the gym in the morning, it is useful to spray it on before I apply serums, moisturizer and sunscreen in preparation for going to the gym. I also spritz it on after makeup application. It makes my skin glow and it prevents my foundation and powder from looking too heavy. Finally, it is very refreshing to spritz it on on my rare vacation beach days.

I'm on the fence about this. I think the only way I will know if it does anything is if I take a break from it. Next month I have to go on a business trip and will probably not schlep it with. Although, that may not be a great test since the trip is to Denver which I think is a lot drier than Philly.

I do like the fine mist. It feels great. I bought this product b/c I thought I needed to rinse away whatever is bad for skin about Philly tap water after cleansing at night or showering in the AM. But, my skin, which does not normally get irritated even after Renova application, looks about the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2008 3:24:00 AM More reviews by lexymiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I’ve just purchased this thermal water together with Eluage (which I’m about to start). I used Evian water before, and I thought it was pretty good before starting with this Avene water. But boy…. Have I been wrong….What a difference!!!! This truly instantly soothes!!!! It is a fine mist that my skin soaks up pretty fast, and feels very calming!

I’ve been lucky at keeping my facial redness at minimum using other products, but adding this to my routine completely erased my redness! I went from bright red to “flushed” using some great stuff. But when I added this Thermal Water, in just three days I’m completely flush free! I am positive it is this particular product that has done it, as it is the only new addition to my regimen! I use it after I cleanse, both morning and evening. I also add a spritz here and there, because it is so lovely. I have found my HG! Wonderful product!
UPDATE: (3/21) Yup........ still working wonders!!! Loving it!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 2:37:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own several cans of this and they are sprinkled all over my house. This is an essential part of my make-up routine. I use this to set both my mineral foundation (Lumiere) and blush. Apply make-up and spritz. Dewey, not pasty dry like some MM can leave me all by itself. I also use this to spray my face after I get out of the shower. It really DOES help to minimize redness brought on by break-outs. Another plus to this product is it doesn't "crystalize" on my face like some other spray water stuff I have tried. The SA at London Drugs says thats because it has less salt than those other waters. Another thing this product is great at is soothing irritated skin brought on by shaving/waxing. It's very expensive, about $19 in Canada but LD has a special running a while back that was 'spend $30 on Avene products and get a free Cold Cream facial cleanser" <---- MY HG! So all in all I am stocked with thermal water and got a great cleanser to boot. Check for those kind of sales at LD they happen quite frequently.