July 22, 2014 | 2413 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to love this so much and thought that I have found my HG. However, I started to develop dryness and some irritation, so I had to stop, and it feels so much better now.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by WENAYI

The thermal water has a cooling effect due to the aerosol spray. Skin feels refreshed and it calms down irritated skin a bit but I'm not sure if it's mainly a mind thing. Since it's totally chemical free and safe for the body, I'd like to have a can of this around but cannot justify the regular price at $20 plus tax for 300ml. I spray on full face and neck twice a day and the biggest bottle only lasts a little over a month. I will stock when it's on sale.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2008 2:02:00 AM More reviews by severenwinter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this at first, it was so refreshing but it started drying my face and I got some irritation also ...after a few weeks of use

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 5:21:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No irritation to my skin at all. I use this after cleansing and then tissue off before moisturizing. The spray is finer than evian but to be honest, not really sure there is much difference between the two.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by lisasmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this out of desperation when my skin was very irritated. It was recommended to spray with this first before using the skin recovery cream . The two products really calmed down my lumpy ,itchy skin . I think this works if ,like me, you live in a hard water area where the stuff that comes out of the taps can be a bit aggravating. I suppose this must be soft water in a can. I've only tried this in hot weather and its very refreshing.
It cost 3 for a small can but I have since bought the large can which was 7.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 5:39:00 AM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't believe the soothing properties at first (it's just water, isn't it?), but after a particularly sensitive, irritable face incident, I sprayed some on. The discomfort quickly vanished. My skin was re-balanced, normalized! I am sold :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know if this really actually does anything, but it feels nice. Psychologically I get fulfillment from this product and it's not too expensive. It's French and it's refreshing. It does not have any smell. I use this often in my car since I don't have a/c and to refresh throughout the day. It's just a little pick-me-up. I don't know if this is any different than the Evian mist I have. I have both. I also just ordered the thermal water from La Roche Posay. The small cans are great for your purse. The large cans I keep at home and use before and after makeup application. To cool off and rehydrate. Before bed...right after putting on my night moisturizer or sometimes instead of moisturizer. Like I said, I have no idea if this water does a thing, but it seems to calm and refresh and cool. I like it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by RoxieFoxie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Avene Thermal Water as I had an allergic reaction on my cheeks and I needed something to calm the itching. I have been using the water for about 10 days , but there's no particular effect from it.

I found it really good for refreshing in very hot weather ( and summer here has some very high temperatures) and nice to set my make-up on my face.

Dont think they do anything for calming your skin , I'll update after sometime in case this changes. I will buy it again, though an expensive product for my budget.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by kekecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love , love, love this stuff! I bought it primarily to set my mineral foundation as I was a bit put off by the overly matt texture. Matt no more, i can now use mineral makeup and look a little dewy. It just sets it off and smoothes it all magically. I don't know how but I don't care....its just brilliant. I can't comment on reduction of red patches or complextion enhancement etc because i haven't used it as a toner (i use DHC Acerola toner) but i imagine it would work lovely for sensitve skinned peeps who find normal toners are too much. very refreshing to use, esp. in hot weather. I bought the travel size to try it out (2 - Bargain!) but will def buy the full size when its done.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 7:10:00 AM More reviews by ketidule

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it, will not be without it again! HG!!! My friend got it for me, but I did not use it regularly, beacause I thought: it just water!? After it got a bit warmer I started using it and it is fabulous. If totally washes away any redness, calmes the skin and evens out the tone.