October 25, 2014 | 1149 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by LAsCene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I never thought a can of water would do so much! I Love this stuff! If your skin is dry, sensitive or red.... This does wonders. I spray my face, wait a few minutes and apply my moisturizer. I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 1:54:00 AM More reviews by bluebyul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was kinda of suckered into buying this (If I bought 2 Avene products, I got a free full size cleanser :P). But I'm so thankful that I was! The larger bottles are $20CND, and I bought them on sale for $13.50. The saleswoman recommended it to me, because I had been having issues with my skin at that time, and she said a spray of it would help soothe the skin from whatever irritation I was having. I use it in the evening, after my normal moisturizer, and when I wake up in the morning, I am less oily than I normally am with the moisturize, and minus the spray. I have used it on burns before, and it does help to keep the irritation off that as well. I use it also for setting my makeup, to keep flakiness at bay. Though the price may be a tad steep, because it is "water", but I love it because it does the job its supposed to, and because it has so many different uses. Definitely will buy again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Cottoncandyandlollipops

Where to start...I guess I'll start by saying that this is more than just water.
A good friend of mine suffered from severe eczema since she was a teenager. It got so bad her whole arms and one cheek were covered completely. She got sent to the Avene treatment spa, spent 3 weeks there getting treatment with the water and came back with her eczema under control. She uses this spray and other Avene products only and her skin is under control to this day.

Now my story:
I have hypersensitive skin. I break out from pretty much 98% of products. This thermal water calms my skin, evens it out and moisturizes. I can't really explain what happens to my skn when I put this on other than it feels like it breathes a sigh of relief.
This along with the repair cream from Avene has saved my once blotchy uneven skin tone. Pure brilliance

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by reannahabib

This product is amazing. Great at setting makeup, but this is not why I purchased it. I am currently on two strong topical acne medications which leaves my skin in a horrible mess. I was unable to even apply moisturizer without an unbarable burning sensation. Not my mention my skin was literally peeling off. This product (along with other Avene products containing the thermal water) was the only thing that could soothe my extremely sensitive skin. It took away from the burning sensation and reduced redness. This stuff is a lifesaver! Worth every penny. I keep a 300mL can at home and a 50mL can in my purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2008 6:46:00 AM More reviews by 1234makeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This really calms my skin. I have very sensitive skin and rosacea, and using this consistently (along with the rest of the Avene cleansing line) has made a significant improvement to my skin. It doesn't often get tight, hot, or sting anymore. On the odd occasion that it does, I use the spray and it immediately feels better.

Another use that this really should be marketed for is diaper rash. When my oldest was a baby and had HORRIBLE diaper rash, I thought, "Hey, this spray works for my sensitive face...I wonder if it will work here?" WOW. I used it the first time at night by cleaning the area with the spray, patting dry, and using diaper cream (Sudocrem). By morning, the horrible sores and redness were almost completely gone, and I had never experienced this with the cream alone. I used it from then on when there was even a hint of redness.

In short, this stuff is really fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 3:08:00 AM More reviews by gina2685

It's fair to say, ever since I discovered it I can't live without this product. Recommended by my fabulous dermatologist, Avene Thermal Water is "calm skin in a can" for me. My skin is extremely sensitive, I have some allergies that affect it, I was treating it for seborrheic dermatitis, I have flushing very regularly and my face can turn red, rough and bumpy at any time, without notice. I use Avene's Ystheal retinol cream which helps a lot but when I need some instant aid then I spray Thermal Water. I use it during the day, everytime I wash my face, after I exfoliate, after I shower (since my face can be irritated by tap water), after I put on my makeup (it's the best at setting minerals) and, sprayed on a piece of gauze, as a compress when I want a total relief. The price is very ok but I have to admit I'd keep buying it even if it wasn't. The 50ml bottle is nice for starters and it'll fit nicely in your everyday handbag.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by hang02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

awesome product! great as a gentle toner :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Packalittlesin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this during the summer. Usually after being in the sun for too long, in the city, where the sun seems to bounce of the cement street and onto your face hotter than ever. It's super refreshing, and It doesn't mess up my make up. At first, I thought this..was just water, and what could it do...well..it does miracles to my red cheeks. It brings them down immediately to a normal color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 2:02:00 PM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hmm, I don't really know what's the difference between all these different brands of "Thermal Water", I used Evian when I lived in Paris because it's really cheap there, I think I have tried many other brands, but anyway, I just got the 300ml one, it seems to really help soothing my irritated skin, and that's very nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't entirely understand how, or why, but this is fantastic stuff that works. It is indeed just water, in a can (with nitrogen), that you spray on your face. Comes in various sizes: 300 ml good for home, 150 ml for work, 50 ml for travel.

Here's the uses I've found for it:

1. After cleansing, spray on face, wait a minute, then pat dry-ish, then moisturise.

2. Spray onto a cloth or cotton-wool pad and apply to any irritated or inflamed bits of skin, as a cool compress: great on time of the month spots, and really good after applying spot-treatment. Generally calms and soothes skin.

3. Spray on face when feeling dehydrated at work.

I gather this works better than other waters because of the low mineral, high trace element, and high silica content. The Avene spa proper uses gallons of the stuff in their treatments. Been there, done that, great results - though it might also be the lovely place, excellent food, and general relaxation. I also know many people with serious skin conditions who swear by the stuff and its transformative effects.

But all that aside - I still don't really understand this stuff, only know that it works very nicely indeed for me. I wouldn't claim it has miraculous powers, mind you, but am happy to keep forking out my hard-earned cash for it.

At least worth a try - the 50 ml small version would last you at least a good couple of weeks, used morning and evening and fairly liberally during the day. continued >>