September 2, 2014 | 1861 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Fantak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product has been a God send.

Last year my skin suddenly had a bad reaction to the acne products I was using and has since been very sensitive to anything I use on it.

After months of flare-up after flare-up I became weary of putting any products on my skin, even moisturiser. This summer I was in London and having heard terrible stories about the water there decided to take a bottle of this stuff with me to use after I washed my face.

When I came back home and stopped using it I noticed the difference. My skin had been so much calmer and looked nice and hydrated when I was away and the only thing that had changed was the thermal water.

I now use it on my face, neck and chest twice a day. I am Muslim so I also use it on my face after I have washed for prayer, which is about three-four times a day, it is very hydrating and means I don't have to keep reapplying moisturiser (and therefore more chemicals).

It has made such a difference! My skin looks supple and hydrated. I can even use it instead of moisturiser during the day, especially now in the summer, it's that hydrating!

The packaging is nothing special, the usual spray cans. I do find the various sizes very convenient: I carry the really small ones everywhere; the medium ones I use when I travel; and the largest size I have at home to use everyday.

Would definitely repurchase.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2008 8:15:00 AM More reviews by rubyice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this at Singapore's Changi airport for 27.90 Singapore dollars. That's for two 300ML bottles. It's the cheapest retail price I've seen so far. I have one bottle in the office and one at home. I like it spray it on my face and eyes a few times a day to keep them moist. Honestly, I'm not sure if this is better than Evian, but it's certainly not more expensive. It's much better than plain water because of the fine spray. And water in a spray bottle will go bad.

EDIT: This does nothing noticeable for me. I now use DHC toners for moisture. I do this occasionally to moisturise my eyes in an air conditioned office.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2008 6:57:00 AM More reviews by vit_c

I have no idea water is supposed to be clean & if i made my own spray - i was supposed to change the water often! & anyway i was spraying myface with chlorine! (tap water)

I got this just for kicks to keep myself awake at work during the day from my breast feeding career at nite. I must say it does keep my skin nice & moist - not tight.

My pimples have subsided abit - i am going to continue this to see if this product attributes to the pimple improvement too.

I want to add - working in an airconditioned office, with combination skin, if i spray more than 5 times throughout the day - the skin will feel a little dry around the nose edges.

Best combination skin - around 5 times a day. Over use may cause the skin to dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ellyyang

I love Avene thermal water! It calms and soothes any irritation on skin, which I need while having such sensitive skin. I have been using this product for some years. Some people use it as a toner, saying that this is not a good product. I have to say they use it wrong. This is not a toner. So, don't expect it exfoliate, deep clean, and moisturize as a toner. It is, as it claims, a soothing and anti-irritating spray. And it does its job so well! The only little complaint I have is that sometimes you may get a bad spray head.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by letseat

I've been using this product for over a yr now and although I still think it's just water, I really enjoy using it. It's great for setting my mineral makeup or just as a toner after cleansing. Even after moisturizing to get that cool refreshing feeling. I bought the big can for $32 which I think is a little expensive for water but oh well. I actually swtich between avene and the shuuemura mist, and the only difference is that the shu uemura one has oils and frangrance :D

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to love this so much and thought that I have found my HG. However, I started to develop dryness and some irritation, so I had to stop, and it feels so much better now.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by WENAYI

The thermal water has a cooling effect due to the aerosol spray. Skin feels refreshed and it calms down irritated skin a bit but I'm not sure if it's mainly a mind thing. Since it's totally chemical free and safe for the body, I'd like to have a can of this around but cannot justify the regular price at $20 plus tax for 300ml. I spray on full face and neck twice a day and the biggest bottle only lasts a little over a month. I will stock when it's on sale.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2008 2:02:00 AM More reviews by severenwinter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this at first, it was so refreshing but it started drying my face and I got some irritation also ...after a few weeks of use

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 5:21:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No irritation to my skin at all. I use this after cleansing and then tissue off before moisturizing. The spray is finer than evian but to be honest, not really sure there is much difference between the two.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by lisasmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this out of desperation when my skin was very irritated. It was recommended to spray with this first before using the skin recovery cream . The two products really calmed down my lumpy ,itchy skin . I think this works if ,like me, you live in a hard water area where the stuff that comes out of the taps can be a bit aggravating. I suppose this must be soft water in a can. I've only tried this in hot weather and its very refreshing.
It cost 3 for a small can but I have since bought the large can which was 7.