October 23, 2014 | 2181 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I can honestly say I use this palette more than any other eye product I have (except for primer). I know there is controversy about it (probably mentioned in several reviews). Yes, I do not care for the redundancy in light colors, definitely di not have to have bot W.O.S and Foxy but I still use them all everyday. I use Venus sparingly because I prefer matte highlight colors under the brow, it however is pretty nice at the corner and under the bottom lash line. Foxy is okay and blends in nicely, although somewhat dry. W.O.S. is nice in conjunction with Foxy even though similar as I transition it between my transition color (yes I transition between the brow and the transition color lol, I have too much space). Naked2 is my absolute favorite and honestly why I knew the palette would work for me. The fist Naked palette was too warm for me. Warmth in colors shows up on me to the extreme. So while many like MAC Soft Brown, Kid or Texture to transition, I like colors like Omega. Naked2 is definitely in the Omega family and I adore it. It blends perfectly into my skin and does not add extra orange or redness that I don't want there. Faint is also a very nice everyday brown, which I strangely do not really have. It is not too dark or too light and is nice and smooth. Crave is like Foxy in texture in my opionion, a little dry, but I still enjoy having it in the palette and use it to darken up my looks. I can and do use this palette alone but it works well with everything I have. I pretty much keep it close and open it when I am doing my makeup. Very convenient and I am thrilled with it. I would like UD to create a true matte taupe, that would have been awesome but maybe they will one day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by tstgirl

If you already own a lot of neutral matte shadows or you do not like cool neutrals, this may not be for you. This palette to me is a complimentary palette for the naked 1&2, even in the size of the compact, i think UD's intention was to compliment the two naked palettes. I think you could definitely used this alone but to some it may be a bit blah. I love my naked 1&2, i love all the shimmery shades but i like using a matte shade for the crease. I dont own a lot of mac matte shadows as i find a lot of them hit or miss but i know UD mattte shadows are soft and pigmented so i really appreciate this palette. The only con about this is that its more cool toned which i personally dont mind because i prefer cool tone browns anyway but for those who prefer warm tones might not like this palette.

I love the packaging. It feels like nars rubberized exterior but because it light color, i dont get this dirty as much as the black nars packaging. It is also a nit difficult to open but that's just a minor flaw.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Kori3307

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore Urban Decay products...you all may know the Naked palette and the Naked 2 palette... This Basic palette recently released is fantastic! I used it for a straight week to make sure I approved of it, and my makeup looked flawless! Great for traveling; small and compact, and great for every day use! It allows you to create a day look, and even darken it up for a night look! I recommend this palette to anyone who is just starting out with makeup, or just anyone who is a fan of Urban Decay! In my eyes, you will not be disappointed!
Hope this helps!

- Kori

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Stellababe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

You have to approach this palette accepting it as it is (like much in life!), not expecting more or less. What it is: A fabulously packaged set of eyeshadow for everyday or evening, tailor-made for people like me who like a more subtle look. Venus is a wonderful brightener for the tear-duct area; Foxy and W.O.S. great for overall lid color; Naked 2 for the crease; Faint makes a perfect eyebrow shade for brown hair (for those like me who don't like dark eyeshadow); and Crave is a fantastic eyeliner when wet with a good brush. What it isn't: drama. That said, you could do a smokey eye look using Faint...
Overall, a winner. My only wish: wish instead of two lighter colors, Foxy had been deleted (since it is already in Naked 2), and a greyish taupe had been included instead. Then, this palette would be complete. Hope someone from UD keeps track of these reviews and those on Sephora's site since my opinion isn't unusual...

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by kleeshawn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ashy mess tried it an just does not look right I will return and try the naked 1

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by adriennewines

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was not impressed by this palette. The colors look very pretty and natural. But, the texture was not great. So I didn't feel it was worth the $27. I've heard so much about Urban Decay eyeshadows, how they stay on a long time and have a great texture, but I didn't find this to be true with this palette.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I should start this review by saying that I absolutely love the original Naked palette, didn't care for Naked 2 (too cool for my NC 35/40+ coloring), and have a strong preference for matte or light shimmer shadows in general. While I was a bit reluctant to give this palette a try (how many versions of the original Naked can Urban Decay concoct, after all?), I admit that I really do like this product. I tested it out yesterday by creating a pretty basic daytime look: Naked 2 on the lid, Faint in the crease, the (surprisingly lovely) demi-matte Venus as a highlighter on the brow bone, and a little bit more Faint to line the lower lashes. I was impressed not only with the user-friendly color range but the blendability of the shadows, and find that this palette lends itself to everything from a "no-makeup" look to a major smokey eye. I was prepared to send this one back if I didn't love it a solid 100%, but it's with me for good. The size and composition of this palette definitely lends itself to travel and/or everyday use, and the price is very fair, given its versatility and quality.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by adeleseddie

i love this instead of spending 100 dollars all together on the naked pallets i get a smaller one for less money with the basics it's pigmented and are great colors plus the packaging s great

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Loving this at the moment! I love all of the Naked palettes, while this is not my favourite palette, it is definitely worth buying. It does what it says on the packaging, its six basic matte shadows that are very nice to use alone or as a base for something else. I love venus as a highlight, it has taken over virgin & booty call as my new favourite. I think the only negative I would throw in is that it is a little expensive for what it is (it is very cute and tiny) but if you love matte looks or just taking a break from constant smokey looks this palette is definitely what you want.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I guess I am in the minority when I say that I am disappointed with this palette. I am totally enamored of my Naked 1 and 2 Palettes. What impresses me most about these, besides the dazzling array of colors, is the rich texture of the shadows. I was a little surprised at the texture of shadows in the Naked Basic Palette which I would describe as dry and streaky in application. To me, the quality is no better than some poor offerings at the drugstore ( I'm thinking of Revlon - despise their dried out powders). If you are looking for a very nice, matte collection of neutral eye shadows, Physician's Formula offers a lovely quad - "Canyon Classics."

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No