Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/9/2013 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

My first proper eyeshadow pallette! I was skeptical of getting the naked pallettes as i prefer buying single eyeshadows that I really use. The shadows are well pigmented and easy to blend. Packaging is cute and sleek with a mirror that fits both of your eyes while you're using it. I only wish it comes with a tiny brush that will make it perfect for travelling

on 4/7/2013 11:12:00 AM

At 51 with hooded eyes I stick to matte products which seem harder to find these days. Everything seems to have some glimmer or sparkle to it and that just highlights my eyelids in the wrong way. Not only are these beautiful base colors that can be used by all complexions (I'm blonde with fair skin and my daughter is brunette with a light tan skin tone), they are well pigmented and go on easily with a light touch. I think it is a bit expensive but it is worth it for the quality of the shadow. It works well as a shadow and wet it makes an excellent liner.

on 4/7/2013 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The best matte shadow product on the planet.

Love this shadow combination. It is your primary infrastructure to your eyes. Hence, the name is Naked Basics. You can create simple, or elegant or dramatic or classic or powerful eyes or truly any style you want with this essential primary base. If you are in your 40s looking for no shimmer or sparkle and a shadow that will enhance your eyes this is IT!!!! You do not need to be a talented make up artist to create beautiful eyes. There are no sparkles or any inappropriate glitter that would detract from the eye. A true to form matte finish that lasts.

PROS:
Lasting Power
Buttery soft texture blends beautifully on my lids
Does not leave creases. (I have hooded eyes I know crease issues)
Colors work for any skin tone Cool, Warm, Dark, Light, .. works!!!!
I use this as an eyeliner that is how great it works.
I got mine for $15.00 a steal as a singe UD shadow is $18

CONS
Tiny! This is a small compact not like NAKED2
I wish there were more colors... I know this is their basic pack but even one shimmer copper would be wonderful...Okay I am asking too much\.

Will I buy this again? Heck YES! And I have already bought.....

Suspect
Chopper
Tease (this was one too much like faint)
Hijack (daughter just stole this from me as she loves it)
Shattered

on 4/7/2013 7:41:00 AM

I absolutely love this palette. I bought the naked 2 palette and was quite disappointed in the lack of matte colours so I purchased this palette and instantly fell in love with it I basically use it every day in one way or another. I was surprised by the size but to be honest it's great to carry around or travel with it. I very rarely reach for any of my other neutral palettes now.

on 4/5/2013 5:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This palette is much smaller than I expected but I love it all the same. I recently received it as a gift from hawaii and I love it. The packaging is cute and the shades are really nice and neutral. One downside: there is no brush inluded.

on 4/2/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm a bit confused about this palette.
Are the eyeshadows good quality? Yes.
Are they wearable? Yes.
Is it travel friendly? Yes.
Is it a good deal considering the price and the amount of product? Yes.

The thing is... which of us doesn't have a satin off white like Venus? Or a matte black like Crave? A neutral brown like Faint? And W.O.S. looks exactly like painterly. Naked 2 is a cooler Wedge and Foxy is a powder form of a lighter Soft Orche - and I already have these.
Still got the Basics palette since I like soft earthy mattes for everyday, but I could achieve the provided looks with the eyeshadows I already own - most probably won't repurchase.

Edit: up to 5 lippies and would repurchase, the texture is a pleasure to work with. Even though they tend to be a tad powdery they're also buttery smooth and soft.

Foxy and WOS are great browbone highlighters. I adore matte highlighters and I'm glad they included a warm and a cool shade - I use them both equally according to the look of the day.

Crave is one of the best pitch black eyeshadows for lining the upper lid.

I can even use Naked 2 and Faint for my eyebrows depending to if I'm goint for a softer or a bolder look. I have dark blonde hair and they are both PERFECT.

Also Venus makes a beautiful cheek highlighter for fair skin, just be sure to use a fan brush and blend well - as with every powder highlighter.

I wasn't impressed at first but now I use it every single day and cannot live without it. Naked Basics is a true workhorse.

Absolutely love this palette! It has 5 matte shades with a highlighter Venus). These colours can easily transform day to night and it a great size to carry around I just wished it came with a brush!

I use Venus as a highlighter under your brows and the inner corners of your eyes. Then I would create the smokey eye effect with crave, naked and foxy. Then a day look with w.o.s and naked and possible foxy in the outer corners.

on 3/28/2013 9:56:00 PM

Been wanting a Naked palette for a while now, saw this lovely matte palette and bought it. I LOVE it! Absolutely beautiful colors that I think anyone can wear. Perfect for a soft but pretty day look and can be smoked out for a beautiful classy night eye. I know I will use the heck out of these pretty shades! I can't wait to get a naked palette which is next on my list for shimmery shadows.

on 3/27/2013 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My first UD product! I was super excited to try it out and it didn't disapoint I love this product. The eyeshadows are so pigmented and they are perfect for an everyday look but I love how you can use this palette for a more dramatic look as well. The packaging is really nice and sleek, love the mirror! My favorite color would have to be Venus because it's only slightly shimmery and super flattering !

on 3/26/2013 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I'm an avid user and believer in both the Naked 1 & 2 Palettes, so when I heard about the Naked Basics palette with all MATTE shades, I was like Whaaa!??? So excited!! I picked one of these little guys up the other day, and of course, I love it! Just like I knew I would. The colors are ultra pigmented (at least on me) and they blend nicely. They're super soft and velvety, and never chalky. My go to shades are definitely Virgin for highlight, WOS for an all over lid/base shade, and I'll often use Faint with a light hand - I'll just throw a little bit in my crease and go. These colors together create a flawless, everyday, go-to natural look for me. The palette is cute and small and fits nicely in my hand, so it's very travel friendly and can definitely be tossed in a purse and pulled out for touchups throughout the day.

Another thing I love about this palette is that you can go from day to night with the snap of your fingers. If you're out and get a last minute invite to grab dinner or a drink, you can just run into the bathroom and pop some of the "Crave" (matte black) shade in your crease or in your outer corners and BOOM - you go from day to night like that. This is a very versatile palette, and the only complaint I have is similar to that of many - I wish they wouldn't have included both WOS and Foxy. WOS has pink undertones, and Foxy has yellow. Those are both decent all over lid/base shades, but I feel like they could have included a nice matte grey shade instead of both of those shades. Meh. I guess I can't complain much. At least UD finally gave us some matte shades! Also, I found a pretty good use for Foxy - sometimes I'll use it to set my undereye concealer, because the yellow undertones are just perfect for such. I will continue to use/love this palette, and would repurchase tomorrow.
xx

NAKED
PRO Palette
PRO Palette

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Palettes