L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

This is a hard one for me to rate. There are some things I really liked about it, and others...not so much.

When it comes to foundation there are 3 things that are most important to me. Long-lasting, lightweight, and natural looking coverage. I have tried countless drugstore brands Loreal, Rimmel, Cover Girl. But I have the same problem with them all. They do not last. Even the ones that claim to last 16 or 25 hours do not last anywhere near that long on my face. I am lucky if I can make it last 4 hours with decent coverage. It looked great when I first applied it, but after only a few hours (generally 3-4) I could see redness and shine peaking through. By the end of the day, I had only minor traces of the make-up on my face. It was frustrating to say the least. When I bought this foundation, I did not have any clue how to find the right shade. In a couple of other drugstore foundations, nude looks best on my skin. But in this foundation, I had no idea if I was warm, cool, or neutral. So I bought the shade W3. I have since learned that I, in fact, have a cool complexion. But I didn't know that then. The W3 was a bit too light. It didn't make me look super-pale, but it was definitely a little off. I unexpectidly ran out and had to quickly buy some foundation before work. I didn't feel like dealing with the headache and hassle of trying out a new foundation, so I bought another bottle of this. The second time I purchased the N3 (Natural Beige) it seemed like a much better match to my skin. But even so, It looked great when I first applied it, but after only a few hours (generally 3-4) I could see redness and shine peaking through. By the end of the day, I had only minor traces of the make-up on my face. It was frustrating to say the least. I really like the pump on this product. I prefer the pump over just a open bottle top. It makes it so much easier to control how much comes out. I also have very sensitive skin and this didn't give me any itching or irritation at all.

I also wasn't crazy about the coverage of this make-up. I would describe it as light-medium coverage. It did cover the redness and imperfections on my face, but like I said earlier, it lasted at most 4 hours. I am not one to touch my face a lot, but I do tend to be oily on my nose and cheeks especially. I also have a lot of redness on my cheeks, nose, and forehead. If you have normal skin with very few imperfections, and need only moderate coverage, this would be a great foundation. But I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with oily skin. It just does not stay on well. I will be purchasing this foundation again.

In my opinion, a much better option for around the same price is Boots No 7 Beautifully Matte foundation. It is oil free, lightweight, hypoallergenic, long-lasting, and full coverage.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My absolute favorite foundation! I always keep trying new ones- but keep coming back to this one... I really do see an improvement in my skin after a few weeks of wearing this! That's cause it contains antioxidants. Why else do u think it has the word healthy luminous in the name?! I get the shade N4 buff beige in the summer and one shade lighter for the winter- N3 buff chamois. Doesn't oxidize. I hav an oily olive complexion and it matches and stays on pretty well! The pump is great and the packaging is high quality worthy. Will repurchase!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It took me a bit of time before I grew to like this foundation. It is very thin and very light coverage (but buildable) and I needed concealer and powder to really get the look I wanted everyday. I don't think it lasts very long its own either. I did like the way it made my skin look, the finish, and my skin did look good when I took it off. The packaging is definitely a plus as well.

I wear this in W4, and it became my favorite foundation. It gives you a very luminous glow, and decent coverage. I use my Sigma F80, and looks great.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

PROS:
-Fairly inexpensive
-No mess pump style bottle
-Blends easily
-Color is true to skin tone (at least for me)
-Does not look heavy or cakey on skin
-Lasts most of the day

CONS:
-Not really a full coverage foundation

Overall, this is a great drugstore foundation and I would recommend it!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Sad to say this looked like a mask on me. Perhaps I did not purchase the right shade.

This foundation goes on smoothly and the finish is dewey and luminous like the name implies.

I did not wear this long enough to know the lasting power but I did wear it long enough to know it is not for me.

I felt it looked heavy and unnatural. I got the shade W6 and W7 and both colors were wrong for my skin tone.

The packaging is the only thing I liked about it.

I'm nc40 and I'm w5 in this foundation. In regular true match. I'm w6 tho. It's so nice and glowy on u skin! Since I have combination skin I do have to blot but its fine. Nothing new for me. I love this for a fresh look. Not full coverage but definitely build-able.

This product is not a true match like it states. I have a warm skin tone and bought the W1-2 and it is too light but the next one up was too dark. Living in Florida my tone doesn't change too much throughout the year. I would have to buy two of them and mix them daily to get the correct color but this one is close enough. I normally wear this and then put a dark tinted moisturizer or powder over it and it works fine. However this product is wonderful. It is light weight so that I don't feel like it is melting off my face. It has not proved to be a problem with my oily skin either. I normally put a bit of the ELF tone correcting powder over it and I have NO problem throughout the day. Wear last me at least 4 hours. The container is cute and easy for transport. It pumps out a bit too much for me but the pump is very versatile and allows you to get different amounts of product depending on how much you press down which is a really good quality for me. For the girls who wear light makeup this could last you at least 4 months of daily use.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have super dry skin. It's so dry that its a constant struggle to find foundations that don't settle into patches and pores. This foundation is friggin beautiful. I have an oily t zone but I use mac blot powder on my nose and I'm good to go. I use the shade W1. This is light and creamy. It blends like an absolute dream. I actually have that doll skin effect. This is my new HG foundation. BUT if you have hard to control oil just stay clear of this product. My t zone is controllable, but I don't get oily anywhere else but my nose.

****UPDATE*****

My skin has HORRRRRRIBLE breakouts happening. Turns out this is the problem. While it looks good it is causing some teenage boy madness. Sighs.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have mostly dry skin with a bit of oiliness on my forehead. While using this foundation, I noticed my skin looked oily after only a couple of hours, even in places where my skin is very dry. After three hours the feeling of the foundation on my skin was unbearable. I noticed that with or without a primer (I used several types), the foundation settles into fine lines, and it becomes patchy. It's an incredible disappointment because the foundation looked and felt great immediately after application. I used my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply it, which I preferred, and I used a Beauty Blender -- both gave a similar result, and my skin looked glowy (NOT shimmery), healthy, and smooth.
This is an extremely light foundation but also very buildable. I found it covered any redness pretty easily, but for blemishes and the like I needed more coverage. If this somehow doesn't make your skin feel like an oil slick, I imagine it would feel like nothing as it's so light.
I had the color nude beige, W1-2 (I think), and while it looked too light in the bottle, the color was a perfect match for my skin. I like the packaging -- it looks nicer/more expensive than it is.
I returned this product to the store. I would not even consider repurchasing.