L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!

This compares to an Este Lauder foundation that I use for special events.

I have used all sorts of drugstore foundations in the past that were great, colorstay, the original true match, healthy skin, revlon whipped and let me just say that this tops everything else above.

I think the key to this looking amazing is moisturizing and priming your skin properly. And then setting it with a translucent mineral powder.

I use Curel ultra healing lotion because I have super dry skin, especially in the winter and I prime with a revlon primer. I apply true match lumi first, then on top in some areas I add a bit of revlon whipped. It's perfection.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wanted to try this product out for a long time, based on what I heard on youtube and makeup alley.

I have oily combination skin, and I still love this product, even though it's marketed as a 'luminous' foundation.

It is very smooth, doesn't seem to oxidize, and looks very natural, "like skin". I like that it is a pump applicator, and although costly, at about $13 each, it does last a long time.

Thiis buildable from light to medium coverage. It does a good job at concealing redness, and small blemishes.

on 1/26/2013 1:24:00 AM

Okay, I have a confession to make. Although everyone raves about the Revlon Color Stay Foundation and I have tried it and own it now, I just find the L'Oreal True Match line more appropriate to my complexion.

I have regular to dry mature skin and this foundation goes on easily and looks natural throughout a long day of work. I find it MUCH less "greasy" than the new Revlon "Whipped" Color Stay and much less off color that the Color Stay regular foundation.

So, I sometimes mix it with a few drops of concealer or a HE foundation I have but overall, for the cost I have always found the True Match foundations better for me. The Lumi line is no exception. Worth a try for the money.

on 1/22/2013 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this product. First off, it took me a while to find my shade, even though they have the colors categorized by warm/neutral/cool. I picked up the foundation in shell beige, which matched my skin tone pretty well, though it wasn't an exact match. The thing I really like about the foundation is the shine particles in the formula. I feel as though it highlights my face in the normal areas where I would usually put a highlighter. I love the luminous effect it gives my skin. However, the thing I do not like about this foundation is: the lasting power. I found that it lasted about 4-5 hours on me and then became very patchy on my skin. It made my blush look horrible! But, since I did really like the foundation, I decided to give it one more shot. Since the foundation is light coverage, I decided to pack on two foundations (since you would have to do two layers anyway for a medium-full coverage foundation). I first used my face primer, then used Maybelline Fit and topped it off with True Match Lumi. Best combination ever. I got the coverage I wanted, without the patchy-ness, but with the luminosity I wanted. The other thing I really liked about this foundation, is the pump. I gave the product 3 stars mainly because its some what of an inconvenience to layer two different foundations, when I could just buy a full coverage foundation, the lasting power, and the price. For the price, its a bit on the steep side. If you have oily skin, I would not recommend; mainly because of the shine particles in it. It will make you look more oily than you infact are. Other than that, I would probably repurchase it again.

Disclaimer: I do not use foundation because no matter which one I try, I feel like it makes my skin look fake. I would rather have blemishes than a skin color and texture not found in nature.

BUT I have been mixing one pump of this with Olay Total Effects 7 in one anti-aging UV Moisturizer fragrance-free (SPF 15). And it works well. It reduces the shiny effect of sunscreen and adds more protection to my skin.

Although, I started this product with the Garnier Fructis Clinical Overnight Peel and Dark Spot Corrector Vitamin C treatment. I don't know which product to attribute to my skin improvements.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So first off, I would agree that this foundation is not for those with really oily skin. Like many of you out there, I get oily in the summer, but just sort of regular t-zone oiliness in the fall/winter and I can take a lot more moisture in my products. This foundation is great for dry to semi-oily skin.

The pump is AWESOME, and two pumps is perfect coverage. I'd say the coverage is medium to full, and although it might seem light, it actually covers quite well and the texture is so smooth and easy to apply. I apply it with my fingers, and make sure to smooth it out all the way down my chin and partly down my neck, because it can cake up just a bit if you don't spread it all the way out. Another post mentioned using a brush to apply and that could work too but I havent tried it yet.

I've found that using the Nuance Translucent Finishing Powder on top of the foundation and concealer works the best. Leaves a beautiful, luminous finish that lasts for hours. Seriously, hours! I go out often after work, and I'm so impressed that with the combo of L'oreal Lumi plus concealer and Nuance powder, my skin still looks great over 12 hours later!

on 1/15/2013 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Honesty, this has to be one of the WORST foundations I have ever used. The only positive that I found was the packaging was good for a DS foundation..loved the pump.

That's about it for things I liked.

When I first applied this foundation, I was actually really pleased with it. It started out good, but after ONLY 2 hours, this stuff just looked and felt disgusting.

It started to get very patchy and then started to smear very badly. It set into my pores and omg...horrible. I could not wait to get home and wash this stuff off my face.

I have combo/dry'ish in the winter time skin and used a very good primer before applying this and it still melted off and looked disgusting.

I will never touch the stuff again. I liked the Revlon Naked foundation much better.

on 1/13/2013 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with the other comments in that if you have oily skin DO NOT try this! I would not use this foundation in the summer but it is a great light coverage foundation that leaves your skin glowy for the winter months! I do prefer more coverage so I use Mac studio fix powder over top and I end up really loving my coverage! Also, If I would have bought a shade darker I think I would enjoy this product more.

on 1/10/2013 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This is my 2nd liquid foundation that I have ever bought. The 1st let me say was a full coverage foundation, Mary Kay (very cakey and heavy - hated it), but again back then I did not know how to use it as well as I do today (with brushes and tips & tricks). I bought this at ULTA (with a $3 and $1 coupon), so it was just under $10 with tax ($12.99 reg price), which is on the cheaper side for drugstore foundation. btw, this is way overpriced in Canada $20.99 in Shoppers, it's the cheapest at Walmart for around $14.99. I was on the look for a liquid foundation and was almost on the verge of buying the EL Double Stay-in-place foundation ($46), I'm so glad I didn't cause this is equally good coverage at a fraction of the cost. So, I start with a primer and then apply this using a flat powder brush (from elf) and my face requires about 2 pumps of foundation (love the packaging). I just stipple it and then blend away. I then use my elf hd powder to just dust around my face. btw, I have normal/dry kind of skin so can skip the powder step to get a dewy look, but like how it looks after powdering as well.This gives it a matte finish after immediate application. I would say it's a medium to sort of full coverage. It's been 2 hours now since I applied it and it has set into a very, very slight dewy finish (which I love, btw) or is somewhat of a glow on my make up. It has amazing, flawless, yet extremely light feeling coverage. I think I'm in love with this foundation. I am not sure if i'll use this on a daily basis as yet, only because it takes me a little bit longer than just using my MAC studiofix powder and out the door. (Need to get this within a reasonable timing). FYI I got this in W6 (Sun Beige) which was the darkest Warm they have, I am a C40 in MAC Studiofix powder, which I think is NC40 in liquid.
**Update**
So staying power is great for 8-9 hours, with a primer (less by a couple hours without). This does not transfer at all and I checked this by pressing a tissue on my face during the day, and nothing got on the tissue. So for now this is HG foundation.

I love that there's a pump with this foundation. I wish more L'Oreal foundations would do that but then again that's probably why it costs more. If you have oily skin this foundation is NOT for you. Let me repeat, oily skin STAY AWAY. This foundation is a good choice for those with good skin that don't need much coverage and have normal to dry skin. It disappeared throughout the day and was medium coverage after applying a few layers. I'm fair skinned but even the lightest shade wasn't light enough for me. It almost reminds me of a good tinted moisturizer.

So more about the wear. I had to set it with a setting powder even to make it last and I have dry skin. It has a very natural finish so props for not looking cakey. Honestly? I prefer the original True Match that you can sheer out with your hands or a sponge with water. This was way too sheer even for my skin which has no glaring issues.