L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 11/27/2012 10:13:00 PM

First off, I hate the Orginial TM Fndtn. I also couldn't find a good color, so I went with the lighter one.
I really like the packaging. Its a clear bottle with a silver pump. Im not a stickler for germs, but its always nice to have a pump. I usually use about 2 pumps of this.
This is a very nice, naturally luminous foundation. I have normal skin with a slightly oily nose, so I know when my foundation is greasy.
While this is very thin, it never really settles into my skin. When it does, its very oily. The sad part is that I really like the way it makes my skin look. I recommend this for those with drier skin who prefer a healthy glow from within look. If you have oily skin and REALLY want to try this, try applying it with a sponge such as the BB or SK Beauty Sponge. I imagine that a cosmetic sponge will give you the same affect. Good luck!

on 11/27/2012 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you are on the market for a light weight easy foundation try the lumi foundation. I got in in color 6W and it matches me very well. My only complaint is the longevity of it, but I don't want heavy coverage. I have dry skin so it doesn't look so dewy on me just natural. The pump is good for dispensing what you need. I have used it in my fingers, real techniques expert brush and Sigma F85 and it all works. my favorite is with my fingers though. This is a definite staple drug store foundation.

on 11/23/2012 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I had been using True Match Super Blendable for at least five years, but as I am getting older (and drier), I wanted to try something more moisterizing and dewey looking. I must say I really like how this feels! It seems a little runny, but the coverage is buildable and I was quiet impressed. I get so dry and flaky around my nose, but with this foundation, I saw a huge reduction in the dryness and flakes. I'm not quite sure someone with oily skin could wear this as I can see how it would make them appear oiler. I wear Neutral 1-2 soft/classic ivory. Only 4 lippies because of color selection...doesn't keep in line with the True Match colors I am used to.

on 11/14/2012 9:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this foundation BUT only for the colder days. This foundation is for dryer skin, this foundation feels so moisturizing on the skin, NOT oily just moisturizing!

I was not expecting to like this at ALL to the point where I already had regret in the checkout line at Ulta. (I have had bad luck with L'Oreal products for awhile.) Man, was I wrong. Since I got this 3 months ago it's the only foundation that has touched my face and I have no desire to try anything else. First, I LOVE pump packaging because it's neater to use and more convenient, IMO. One pump produces only a small dollop of product but I was shocked to see how well it covered my entire face. (I might use 1.5 to 2 pumps if I'm having a bad skin day or I'm going to be photographed, but most of the time 1 pump is perfect). It glides on like a dream and it blends seamlessly into the skin. It has good coverage but does appear cakey in the least even when you build it up a bit. This all probably sounds like ad copy, but for me it is the truth--L'Oreal really delivered on this one. Great quality product and I hope they never discontinue it!

on 11/7/2012 1:25:00 AM

1) Con: Shade selection is really strange, this is my main gripe. Revlon CS in Buff is a hair too light for me in the summer but it's perfect in the winter. L'Oreal Lumi doesn't have a W2, which would probably my color. I'm using W3 which works if I do a light layer and blend some onto my neck. My face and neck are lighter than my body though, so maybe this is a good thing? I need to think on this.

2) Con: W1-2 and W3 are also oddly peachy for a warm foundation. W4 is a lot better. Surprisingly, W4 also worked for me when I put on a light layer.

3) Pro: Offers great coverage in a lightweight formula. I can layer over areas that need it without it becoming cake-y looking.

4) Pro: Kinder on skin for dry winter weather. The main reason I looked for a new foundation. Revlon CS highlighted flakes and dry skin.

5) Pro: Formula works with my sunscreen. I switched to using a sunscreen on my face instead of a high SPF moisturizer because I was already moisturizing with argan oil. Revlon CS and Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 70 apparently do not mix well. The combination made me look like I had little flakes all over my face.

6) IDK. Upon application, this formula looks too dark and too peach (pink/orange) on me.

*Edit: can't take it anymore it is way too dark. Exchanging.
**Edit 2: Nope. My skin has a olive/green undertone, all of this line's foundations are too peachy on me. I took a bottle of my regular Revlon CS in Buff and compared it to all the foundations in the drugstore. It seems Revlon is the only brand that makes foundation that has the least amount of red/orange/pink in it.

on 11/6/2012 4:09:00 PM

Needed an everyday foundation that gave me good coverage, yet not heavy. This is a great option for me. I am now able to save my Lancôme foundation for weekends and going out. I highly recommend this foundation. Use a foundation brush to apply cuz a little goes a long way.

on 11/6/2012 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Highlighted all my flakes. Returned.

on 11/1/2012 9:53:00 PM

I was disappointed because there is no shade in between W1 and W2 although it said it's "true match". W1 was a little to light for me and W2 was way to dark but I got the W1 anyways. I like the natural finish of this foundation. But I hate the way it sits on top of my face and doesn't blend well. It makes me oily through out the day as well.

on 11/1/2012 1:26:00 PM

i've recently switched over to loose mineral makeup but in the cooler months my skin plays games with me and turns combo/dry instead of combo/oily.

i also feel like my skin loses all luminosity during the colder months and I'm not really for highlighting so I thought this luminizing foundation would do the trick.

I got W3 and it works for my NC25/30 skintone. The formulation is thin and glides on very nicely, blending into my skin naturally and evenly. I use 3 pumps for my entire face. I really like the light coverage it provides although I'm not how much luminizing is really going on. I top this with a light application of Cargo Blu-Powder and my skin stays relatively oily free for about 3 hours, then I have to blot.

I've noticed that this starts to break down after about 6/6.5 hours of wear, which isn't too bad for a light coverage foundation.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this, but in general I really like l'Oreal foundations anyway (except the original True Match).