July 25, 2014 | 1048 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I notice the shades run darker in this foundation compared to the original True Match. I am N 1-2, and I'm also NW20-25 in MAC. So it might be hard for very pale skin tones to match. I first read about this being used for fashion shows and during fashion week, so I've been waiting for it for some time. The intention of this foundation is what they call "expensive skin". Update: If this is a little too dry for my skin now, it will be hell in the winter. It seems to make my skin look dry and all the glow is gone within 20 minutes. I don't even set it with powder anymore... They should have left out the spf. It ruins foundations with a lot of potential. The best foundations all seem to have one thing in common, little to no spf in them. They can make people break out, cast a reflection on camera, and cause a more oily appearance (foundation that never sets or goes tacky).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by FlameDancer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

YES!! Finally, a holy grail foundation that doesn't break the bank!!

l'Oreal, This is for you: I assume you have market researchers and others who read these reviews -- You've seriously hit on a great formula that could easily reach cult classic status. Please introduce this into your permanent line and KEEP IT THERE. Add more shades. Advertise it heavily. Give it to prominent makeup artists and ask them to mention it to beauty writers. Send it to beauty bloggers and magazine editors. This is the first and only foundation I've ever experienced at drug store prices that delivers what the marketing for high-end foundations *claim to deliver,* but rarely do.

For the rest of us, here are some notes:

Formula and finish:

A little goes a LONG way. This spreads like no other formula I've used -- it's extremely fluid and distributes very evenly. And here's my favorite thing about it -- it's not really opaque, and has a light-to-medium coverage, but due to some kind of magic-fairy-dust-technologie going on here, it disguises redness, uneven texture, lines, pores, and ridges like nothing else.

I was nervous about the "lumi" quality, as the last thing I want is to look shiny , glittery, or noticably "glowy," as though I'd covered my whole face in a highlighting balm. But what this does is make my skin look genuinely like Photoshopped, near-perfect skin. Not like skin with a lot of makeup on it, just skin that has minimal flaws and a very even texture and color. It seams to scatter light out of the ridges below my eyes and in the naso-labial folds (smile lines/ridges) without looking like there's anything on my skin. It has ZERO glitter, shimmer, or anything else of the sort. It's a very subtle effect, but a very effective one.

Unlike every other foundation I've tried (EVER), this does not accentuate pores or flakey skin. It actually disguises them, and there other foundations seem to accentuate bumpy skin, this seams to make my skin texture look instantly smooth. Where I have extra redness or other discoloration, I just pat a little more of this foundation on with a fingertip, and it disappears without looking caked-on.

This works BEATUFULLY over freshly washed and moisturized skin, but it also holds up very well over serious sunscreens, almost just as beautifully.

Packaging:

There are no compromises on this stuff -- it comes in an attractive pump jar with an EXCELLENT pump mechanism that lets you pump just as much as you want. I much prefer pump foundations, as I find my skin has improved dramatically since I started being very careful about contamination and exposure to the products I put on my face. Nothing touches the foundation before it comes out of the jar, so you know that it's clean and safe.

Final Notes:

I've tried a lot of drugstore foundations, and even the ones that get rave reviews here just haven't worked on me. This one does. It's $13 give or take, and does what I thought I would have to spend $50 to get. I couldn't be more grateful that I found this. I can't recommend it highly enough.

27 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

Nice foundation. Problem was.. there isnt a pale shade. the N1-2 is too dark/orangy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by njs5068

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I am tough when it comes to foundations. And as I've reached the end of my 20's, I've realized I have classic combo skin. Oily on the apples if my cheeks, middle forehead, nose, and chin. I recently bought Chanel perfection lumiere for the matte finish. I hate it. So I went to the opposite end of the spectrum and tried a "dewy finish" with L'oreal Lumi. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. It feels a little oily going on, so I only use 1 pump. It sets in less than a minute. It has light to medium coverage, so a concealer is important for tough spots. I have been using it for 2 week and have noticed a slight (not dramatic) improvement in my skin. After application, it lasts approximately 6-8 hours, but keep in mind that I DO NOT powder...I have yet to find a powder that doesn't make me break out. C5 matches my skin beautifully.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by julees70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like others reviewers, I found the color selection challenging - W1-2 is way too light (would be great for the very fair-skinned gals), and W3 is just too dark. The texture was OK but not fab, I found it a little flat but still easy to blend. It did sink into pores about 5 minutes after I applied it, tho it didn't clog them or cause any breakouts. Even if I had found the perfect color, I probably wouldn't have kept it due to the pores issue. Now, I do have large pores on my t-zone, so if you don't have that issue and you can find a color that works for you, you may want to give this a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by panghoua

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First i noticed was the PACKAGING. i am a sucker for packaging. It comes with a really good pump. At my local walmart they had sample testers which i liked and i love the fact that loreal seperated the foundation into skin tones. their was WARM (Yellow tone *i have) Cool (Pinky tone) Neutral (both). It was easier to find my shade. The shade matched perfectly. The foundation does have a lumi finish like it said. It made my skin look healthy but overall for oil control it didnt do much. I would say within 2 hours i would get oily even if i powder. I personally dont hate the foundation but for the summer i would skip this product and wait til winter to try it out again. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this foundation goes really well! It brings a nice dewy finish to the skin! It applies really well,it goes on smoothly on the application! It last fairly long! I took w6 for my olive skintone,and it's perfect! I don't feel it on the skin as being heavy! It's a light foundation,that covers well and that brings a nice dewy finish! I got this also in n4 for a more neutral look!Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by XenaNg

I found this to be much more bendable than the original True Match. I'm W3 nude Beige, and this was perfect. The fact that it comes with a pump is even better. However, I did get oily faster than I thought I would. No big deal, since I could just top it with powder. I'd rather wear this in the colder seasons, as it was a bit much for me in the heat.

So far, it has been the best drugstore foundation I have used yet. The coverage is buildable and it did not break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by dollyhorse101

Great foundation! It has great coverage and applies easily with any kind of foundation brush. It was more liquidy than I expected but it doesn't really matter as long as it works! I LOVE the packaging, the pump is great! And the bottle looks really nice and elegant. I do find it slightly oily, but that can easily be fixed with powder! They also have a great colour selection. It was easy to find my right shade. I'm quite pale, with pinkish undertones. This foundation is probably best for summer though, because it is moisturizing but because of the more oily feel, it might not be nice in warmer weather or if you have oily skin. But with my dry skin it's really nice!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Would I buy this again..I don't know; I think this may be going back to the store.It is a perfectly good foundation-those who used Translucide in the past may find this to be somewhat of similar product.HOWEVER...
I have decent skin,but I'm also turning 40 in 2 months. Fine lines are a creepin' up on me,and I refuse to do Botox. My motto is this,stolen from the Facts of Life sitcom: "you get old,you get ugly,you live with it." So what I'm trying to say is that I need coverage-not a whole lot,but coverage that is light to medium,doesn't suck every ounce of sebum out of my pores (I lean to the dry side with oilier T zone) and doesn't cost a king's ransom. This is sort of good,but not excellent. Like others mentioned-get it if you don't need a lot,have a normal,even complexion and are just looking for a little glowy pick up. If this is you,you're very,very lucky.(And thousands of women hate you-just kidding!!)
I was very thankful for testers-(someone is listening; go L'Oreal!!) but found many of the shades ran light. If you're W3 in True Match,you may find yourself in a W4 or even W5 for example.I got W5 and I think it's still too light for my NC25 skin; it looked ashy.I had a far better match in the Visible Lift creme with Natural Buff,both for color and coverage.
If you run dry you want to go with the VL-it's a bit more $,but won't settle into your pores.
I found the cheapest at Wal Mart for 10.97 and had a $2 off coupon.Check your newspapers-there are at least 1-2 $2 off coupons every month for L'Oreal face products.It does contain a broad spectrum SPF 20,so that is a plus.If this doesn't work for you,definitely check out the new Visible Lift.I am in no way affiliated with L'Oreal; this is just my personal experience with both products.