April 20, 2014 | 1640 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by matt44bek

aaahhhhh... thats better ... so much better than your first BB effort Garnier (which i threw in the bin after 2 uses incidentally). This is what i have been looking for in a BB cream. Something for my inconsistent skin tone on those 'im not leaving the house days but dont want a face full of makeup". Having said that i would quite happily wear this with a bit of concealer in place of many foundations i've tried even on a 'getting out of the house' day. Medium suits my NW30 tone quite well (definately not as orange as the Medium from the original BB cream which was ghastly). Actually both the light and the medium were more yellow in their tonings although even at my Wintery best the light would still be too fair for me. Consistency is fluid, light & runny and blends into the skin well leaving a lovely uniformity without the disco ball sheen that came with the original BB cream. I probably didnt even need to set with powder but i did the T-zone anyway. I'm wrapped with this product and will happily repurchase. $14 Aus which is fine by me .

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by LivvyRose94

DETAILED OVER VIEW.

This product balances out. It's great for my oily/acne prone skin and it doesn't cake around blemishes. However it does have a watery consistency that means it has run out of the bottle beore you squeeze. I think the packaging could be re-thought to avoid this, but that would raise the price.

It goes on super smoothly and gives a lovely matte finish that appears glowy without the oily shine. It's color is slightly orange, but I find after being out for a little while it tones down.

The coverage is light, but is buildable and I find after two coats it's as good as Nude by Nature liquid night foundation without the cakeyness. It dries super fast - in a good way, not in a "it's so dry, I can't blend sort of way - so it's not a hassle to apply more than one coat.

The smell is faintly of paint, but doesn't last long. It's not - to me - sickly, but I understand how it could be. I don't smell it all day, and it is worth the product.

In Australia, I picked this up for $14 at Big W, which was well worth the price compared to something like Nude, or Natio Tinted Moisturiser.

At the moment I'm using this in Summer, when I sweat a lot. I find that this lasts a long time, and even as it fades (after about 10 hours) it doesn't wear off in patches, cling to dry spots or look streaky.

I have not used another BB cream or the original of this, so can not compare; but I do like this immensley over any other foundation I have used. It has the formula of a tinted moisturiser with the coverage (buildable) of a foundation.

Overall it is a fantastic product, but the bottle needs to be re-thought to ensure it doesn't spill and leave a dirty bottle (which I hate). I would re-purchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by dannieh00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product finally came out in stores here in New Zealand and I went out and bought myself one as soon as I saw it! I bought it in the colour medium. It was a pretty average price - $17.49 NZ dollars.

First of all, I wasn't very happy with the packaging. I guess it's because the product is really runny but as soon as I opened it, so much of it just dribbled out like lava, seriously. I will not be storing it the way it is made to be stored.

BUT the product itself I was impressed with. I was surprised with the amount of coverage it gave. For me, it is almost like a foundation. It has a matte finish but not too matte. Personally I think girls look ridiculous with completely matte faces because it somehow doesn't look right with their non-matte neck/shoulders etc. But this gives a almost matte and pretty natural finish - your face just looks like your face + more even and bright.

I like that it has no scent. Well other reviewers have said that it has a scent but I can't smell anything. I did however like that citrus-y smell of the original bb cream.

Speaking of the original bb cream... This oil-free formula is much better. Don't bother trying that one out if you're curious about both. The original is greasy and leaves you looking shiny... No, OILY.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'll start this review with the fact that I purchased the Garnier BB Cream in light/clair when CLEARLY (evident after my first useage) I should have purchased medium even after colour matching it with the foundation that I use telling me that I should buy it in light.

Pros: Product smells okay not overpowering or strong but a slight light fragrance. The packaging is really good will only let a certain amount of product out which I like.

Cons: The product it's self besides being REALLY REALLY REALLY light, is very runny. I found that it slid and I mean slid around my face. Oh a little goes a long way as well I would recommend using an amount smaller than a 5c piece (Australian) and then go from there.

I won't be purchasing this again, I found that after putting it on my skin apart from looking like a ghost I had to take every last bit of it off. It would be great for those looking for a tinted everyday moisturiser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by checotah44

Are all the reviews so far from the UK? I am in US and checked Walgreens, Target and Walmart and cant find this on line. GOTTA try it! Thanks. I did find this from someone in the UK on ebay...should be arriving soon...Funny...I called Garnier's hotline and the customer service rep I spoke to didnt know about this product and almost argued with me that the ONLY BB cream they have out IS oil free...I told her I understood that but there was a new one that actually says "Oil free" on it and is much better than the original which was too shiny and oily...I gave up and figured I knew more than she did obviously and ordered it from the UK!

Edit: march 2013, I'm no longer using this. Just didnt like it and even though it was oil free, I got super shiny. I'm not using Aveeno BB cream in Fair light which is light enough for my NC 15 skin and I LOVE IT!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by melissaem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely adore this BB cream! The original BB cream by Garnier left me looking orange and like an oil slick after just a few hours but this new oil free version goes on so smoothly, the coverage is buildable yet natural and it sets to a lovely powder finish. It's now totally replaced my foundation :) I find applying it with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush gives me a very natural look.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by equinn

Great coverage and staying for a BB cream. SPF of 20. Nice consistency moisturising but matifies in oily areas. I use it with a primer and a touch of powder in the t-zone. Only downside is the medium shade is slightly orangey on me but this can be couneracted by not applying too much. I find I only need a small amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by anity

Good value BB cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by XpugsX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The original Garnier BB cream was pretty terrible. I liked the colour, but the greasiness and overall look just made it unwearable. When I saw the alternative formula in my local Priceline, I did a test on my hand and it immediately set matte, so because of the cheap price, I purchased it. I found this quite difficult to apply. It sets to a matte finish very quickly, almost like colourstay formulations. I found the best way to do it, was to dot it over my face and then blend with a cellulose sponge. I used "light" and it was a great match for my very pale almost nordic skin tone. I always use sunscreen as my primer and am currently using Clarins UV Plus. Unlike the regular formulation, this version of Garnier BB cream stays not quite matte all day on me, but pretty close and that is without using any powder on top. I didn't notice any change in the colour of this one either, unlike the other formula. It's a shame that they didn't release this one first. It behaves more like a genuine BB cream and is far superior to the regular BB cream that they released first.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by MissMicky88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Love this BB cream, although it's not like the ones from Asia. It matches my skin perfectly even though i have a very light skincolor. (Most of them dont match!) The finish is light to medium and i love it, because my freckles are still visible and it covers the natural redness i have. Reminds me of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which i also own. The finish is slightly different though, i find this one more sticky and a bit shiny and it needs some time to kind of sink in my skin. Vitalumiere is less sticky and has a softer finish on the skin and i dont need to powder it.

Overall i would recommend buying the BB cream by Garnier, because its so much cheaper (in europe 10 euros and sometimes up to 50% off!) compared to the foundation by Chanel (about 45 euros!)