July 29, 2014 | 1564 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by USCgirlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Still really enjoying this tinted moisturizer. No breakouts, good sun protection. A few caveats: those who have fair skintones may not be able to find a color match easily (so definitely swatch before you purchase!), as only Finland can be characterized as a color match for fair skin, and Alaska for light-medium skintones. Also, I find that if I layer on the tinted moisturizer for additional coverage, my skin looks a bit lackluster. It looks best if I apply just one layer of tinted moisturizer rather than putting on more for additional coverage!

Original review:

Being a fan of NARS products, I was extremely excited for the launch of this product, so as soon as it was available at Nordstrom, I rushed to purchase it! I've used it for about two weeks now, and am very pleased with the tinted moisturizer.

-At first, I was a bit concerned about the shade selection for my NC30/NARS Sheer Glow Punjab/Make Up For Ever HD 120 skintone. I knew Finland (the first shade) would be too light, and after swatching St. Moritz (third shade), I realized that shade would be too dark. I was hesitant about Alaska since it is classified as a "Light 2" shade, but my normal foundation shade, Nars Punjab, is classified as "Medium 1." However, Alaska has proven to be a great match for my light-medium yellow-toned skintone.

-The coverage and texture have been excellent for a tinted moisturizer. I've tried a number of tinted moisturizers, including Laura Mercier's and Smashbox's. While I loved the convenience and low-maintenance factors of those tinted moisturizers, I wasn't a fan of their sheer coverage or how after a number of hours, the TM would feel slightly gummy and look shiny on my oily skin. With NARS, the coverage has been just as good as what I'd get with their Sheer Glow Foundation (which, to those who aren't familiar with Sheer Glow, isn't really sheer), but the TM looks more natural (doesn't settle into pores or lines) and feels absolutely fantastic, like second skin! Depending on how much you apply, I would classify the coverage as light-medium, and it can certainly be built to medium without looking unnatural.

-The lasting power of this tinted moisturizer has been impressive too. Besides its lightweight and comfortable texture, its staying power on my oily skin has been excellent. After a long workday, the tinted moisturizer is still intact.

-No breakouts on my acne-prone skin after a few weeks of using this.

I am very happy with this tinted moisturizer and am so glad to have switched from using foundation to this product. Sometimes, my skin will feel heavy after using foundation, and it takes more work -- I have to be careful to fully blend in the foundation. WIth this tinted moisturizer, I love how I only have to use one product (rather than a separate sunscreen and primer), and it feels and looks seamless on the skin. I highly recommend this product!

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I purchased the tinted moisturizer in Malaga (NC 44, Cadiz, C6) for reference, and the shade is a great match for my skin tone. I apply it like I do a facial moisturizer and I've gotten really great coverage. It evens my skin tone really well, so I don't even need to apply my foundation over it. I apply Malaga then I apply concealer, then set it lightly with MAC Studio Care Blend pressed powder. My skin looks just as glowy as it does with Nars sheer glow. I hope this product isn't limited edition. It has a light orange/citrus scent to it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Volvoqueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I ran out of work yesterday and got myself to Nordstrom so I could get a sample of this in Finland (I'm NW15 9 months out of the year).

Because I have such pink undertones I was a little worried because this does fall on the neutral side which is usually too yellow for me, but I dabbed allover my face, evening as much as possible and then took a buffing brush to finish after letting it set for a moment.

I'm pretty impressed with the setting quality, it was not sticky or gummy, which has been my experience with other TM. I set my T zone with some powder as I have combo skin, and well see how it wears, this is my first day, but I'm optimistic.

I like how much sunscreen it has, as I am pasty and need UV protection.

Update - texture is still great, but after using this and seeing it in many different lights I've come to realize its still a little too orange for this pale lady!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Dineenzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just got this yesterday also, I bought it in Alaska, and when i first opened the tube i thought it might be to dark for my skin. So i was pretty nervous, i tried it on this morning and i realized it actually matched my skin pretty well, especially since my neck and body are darker than my face. I would say i am more NC20 and would probably opt for the next lightest shade down next time, but for now this color blends in just fine! It is a great texture, creamy and liquid y. Blends beautifully, no sparkles, and i cannot believe that this has spf 30 cause it definitely does not feel like it at all! I would say one of the better TMs out there at this time, just make sure you check the colors out before you buy!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by CaramelBae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just got this yesterday and I am in love! I've tried a few tinted moisturizers from Mary Kay to Laura Mercier and I must say I am very pleased with this one. I picked it up at my local Nordstrom counter and tried the last few shades and two of them could have easily worked for me. The MA swatched it on my cheek and I fell for the shade Seychelles which is Med/Dark2. I am a Nc45 in Mac and this was the closest match for me. The shade range is pretty good I noticed more yellow in the shades than red so this will be great for WOC. There is 1.9 oz or 50ml of product in this and it comes in a squeeze tube bottle. It has SPF 30 sunscreen PA+++ and UVA/UVB protection. So I am very excited to use this during the summer! It feels very lightweight on my skin and gave a beautiful glow after application. It also has Vitamin C in it which is great for discoloration and dark spots on the skin. This is definitely good for sheer coverage but I used this with my sigma F80 brush just to add a bit more coverage to my skin and I noticed it covered up a majority of my acne scars. It left my skin feeling very moisturized and didn't leave that tacky feeling that you get from most tinted moisturizers from the sunscreen thats in it. It blends very well and is great for covering up redness. It has a lemon smell to it but the smell fades away after a while. I am excited to wear this out today and will be back with an update!!

21 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No