October 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off I love Nars and was blown away when I heard about the tinted moisturizer coming out. I love liquid foundations but for day to day wear its such a hassle and I wanted something lightweight that gave me the "my skin but better' and nars delivered. I got annapurna and although its a tad darker than my skin its only noticeable to me and I tan easily so I knew with summer coming up there was no point in getting st. moritzs which was the shade lighter. My perfect match is MUFE 153 golden olive/medium. But back to nars the tinted moisturizer is lightly scented, it doesnt give much in terms of coverage its very sheer, and once applied ( I use my hands) gives off a nice sheen very natural and subtle. Also I can't credit the formula for getting rid of my hyperpigmentation marks (two on my cheek) but I have noticed they have significantly faded over the last month or so. I wear this everyday unless I need more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by NARSGIRL2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love NARS. I love the packaging! I love this TM. I just got it today and can't adequately describe how amazing it felt when I put in on! AMAZING!
I am NW25-30 and Alaska is perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by shadowboxer

This product is obviously very popular and it's not hard to see why. It does on beautifully and gives your skin a flawless finish. I love it.

However..I've used this TM 3 times and by the end of the day when I watch my face, I've found new cystic acne. I'm prone to it and have to be careful with new products. Prior to using this I had none..now I have 3 on my chin, 1 on my cheek, and 1 on my upper lip.

Do I love this product? Yes, absolutely. Am I keeping it? Absolutely not, it's going back to sephora today.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by amandaw087

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this tinted moisturizer!! I've been using this since Friday and have been loving it! I previously was using Chanel vitalumiere aqua which was working pretty well for me, but I wanted to try something different. This stuff is definitely better than the chanel. The light smell is amazing, and it blends very well. It leaves me with a bit of a glow (the chanel definitely did not!!!). It has been lasting quite long (10+hours). The coverage is very good for a tinted moisturizer and feels amazing on my skin. I haven't had any breakouts yet, but it may be too soon to tell. The only negative is that the color selection for the fair ladies is quite limited. I was matched to Alaska (second lightest color) but i'm probably more of a mix between Finland (the lightest) and Alaska. That being said, even though it's a tad too dark, it blends super well and looks amazing on me!
EDIT Mar 22: this stuff looks amazing on and i continue to love it- turns out that its breaking me out! i'm actually really sad because I LOVE this but it made my skin a mess

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by AshleyFontenot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

very shiny, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Purchased Finland for winter (NC15-20) and Alaska for summer (NC20-25). My winter skin is usually one shade up from lightest foundation shade so Finland might not work for true porcelain skin. Light to medium coverage with a slight luminous glow. Doesn't overemphasize my dry patches and has great lasting power. Not as heavy feeling as the bb creams I have tried but coverage is comparable. On me it doesn't seem to minimize pores/lines (not much does) but certainly does not highlight them either, many products do. As others mentioned, these shades seem more yellow based than pink/neutral. Personally I like this because it helped tone down my pinkness and was sheer enough not to leave me with a jaundiced appearance. So far I am loving this.

Tinted Moisturizers I've tried:
Estee Lauder- Oxidized and the glow seemed oily.
Laura Mercier- Sheer-light and turned patchy on me (maybe my dry skin).
Pixe- Nice but couldn't deal with the subtle sparkles.
Cover Girl- Little coverage, low spf, and pore clogging.
Others: drugstore brands not worth mentioning that were moisturizers with a drop of tint.

FYI: My skin is dry so I moisturize and prime before using tinted moisturizers and foundations. This might sheer product down for me more than others.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by allens2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very nice product to use; however, agree with many of the other comments on the colour selection for lighter/fair skin and pink undertones. Not enough colour selection and both Alaska and Finland seem to be more yellow undertone than pink. Alaska is the better one for me. Would be regular user of this product if I could get a better match. I refuse to mix two shades. There are plenty of choices for darker shades so I'm hoping NARS will expand the product line.

After using for several days decided that Finland is the better shade for fair with pink undertones. Alaska is more yellow and flat looking on my skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am forever looking for an all-in-one product (medium coverage, light moisture and good sunscreen!) -- especially for summertime. I wear a MAC NC30 and am sadly in between shades in this product. I know other NC30s are successful with Alaska but it's a little too light for me and St Moritz is too dark. I hate buying two colors to mix - I really want the ease of carrying only one tube in my travel bag. If NARS comes out with a color for NC30 I will definitely purchase and have a new HG. Please NARS???

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing.

I had to try this out since I love Nars and TM. I dont have any skin issues to cover up other than dark circles. NC 37-40 skin, I use Stromboli (mixed with a drop of Syracuse if I am Tan) the few times I wear foundation (going out at night...I dont use products with SPF at night/photos).

I wear Origins Vitazing as my day to day everything and prior to that used Tarte Tinted Moisturizer in Disguise for day to day. I never like LM or BB TM's ...too greasy for me.

I am St. Moritz. Perfect match - but like another reviewer said must be careful with applying. This feels so light that's it easy to over apply - and then if you look in the mirror later you are pasty.

I have oily and prone to clogged noes and chin. This felt great and made me look amazing. This should be called Sheer Glow cause that's exactly it..you look sheer and luminous. Plus the convenience of the tube, SPF 30, and the long wear of it...(it stayed all day till I took off at night) is amazing.

Nars does it again..and these shades are GREAT for WOC...

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin but have some dryness and flaking on the surface. I love the glowing look but there is a fine line between that and an oil slick, which I tend to lean towards. This is by far the best TM I have tried! It feels like I am not wearing anything on my face but gives a little coverage. The colors run really dark so I am using Annapurna , which is classed as Medium2 (but I am MAC Matchmaster 6?!). It goes on a little dark but dries to a lovely smooth finish. I finish it with MAC Careblend powder. I do have some acne scarring which definitely needs concealer, but overall this is a wonderful product.