October 25, 2014 | 1020 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Welcome to Finland, Finland. I'm NC20, and Finland is the best match for me so far. It is a little darker and more yellow than Laura Mercier Porcelain, redder than Stila Bare, less red than Urban Decay Halo. It might not work with ladies who are NW15.Then Laura Mercier Porcelain is better match. But I think for NW20, it is not too yellow, because Finland is more neutral and beigey than yellow. But if you are torn between LM Porcelain and Nude, like I was, then NARS Finland is your choice. It is medium coverage, not very light like UD, more like LM. Feels like silk. Love it.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Comfortable and lightweight with light-medium coverage. This formula is definitely more of a foundation than TM, which is my preference as traditional TMs dont offer enough coverage to me. Its really similar to the Sheer Glow formula, but with less pigmentation. Also, like Sheer Glow, this tinted moisturizer is not good for dry patches as it highlights and sticks to flakes. I applied with fingers and it dries very quickly. It leaves a matte finish, probably due to the SPF, so there is no dewy factor here, but this also means it will be a great formula this summer. Right now (Winter in NY), this formula is not moisturizing enough for my combination skin. St Moritz is a perfect color match for my Barcelona (Nars Sheer Glow) / NC30 light tan Asian complexion. I will definitely be wearing this once its warm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off I love Nars and was blown away when I heard about the tinted moisturizer coming out. I love liquid foundations but for day to day wear its such a hassle and I wanted something lightweight that gave me the "my skin but better' and nars delivered. I got annapurna and although its a tad darker than my skin its only noticeable to me and I tan easily so I knew with summer coming up there was no point in getting st. moritzs which was the shade lighter. My perfect match is MUFE 153 golden olive/medium. But back to nars the tinted moisturizer is lightly scented, it doesnt give much in terms of coverage its very sheer, and once applied ( I use my hands) gives off a nice sheen very natural and subtle. Also I can't credit the formula for getting rid of my hyperpigmentation marks (two on my cheek) but I have noticed they have significantly faded over the last month or so. I wear this everyday unless I need more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by NARSGIRL2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love NARS. I love the packaging! I love this TM. I just got it today and can't adequately describe how amazing it felt when I put in on! AMAZING!
I am NW25-30 and Alaska is perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by shadowboxer

This product is obviously very popular and it's not hard to see why. It does on beautifully and gives your skin a flawless finish. I love it.

However..I've used this TM 3 times and by the end of the day when I watch my face, I've found new cystic acne. I'm prone to it and have to be careful with new products. Prior to using this I had none..now I have 3 on my chin, 1 on my cheek, and 1 on my upper lip.

Do I love this product? Yes, absolutely. Am I keeping it? Absolutely not, it's going back to sephora today.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by amandaw087

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this tinted moisturizer!! I've been using this since Friday and have been loving it! I previously was using Chanel vitalumiere aqua which was working pretty well for me, but I wanted to try something different. This stuff is definitely better than the chanel. The light smell is amazing, and it blends very well. It leaves me with a bit of a glow (the chanel definitely did not!!!). It has been lasting quite long (10+hours). The coverage is very good for a tinted moisturizer and feels amazing on my skin. I haven't had any breakouts yet, but it may be too soon to tell. The only negative is that the color selection for the fair ladies is quite limited. I was matched to Alaska (second lightest color) but i'm probably more of a mix between Finland (the lightest) and Alaska. That being said, even though it's a tad too dark, it blends super well and looks amazing on me!
EDIT Mar 22: this stuff looks amazing on and i continue to love it- turns out that its breaking me out! i'm actually really sad because I LOVE this but it made my skin a mess

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by AshleyFontenot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

very shiny, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Purchased Finland for winter (NC15-20) and Alaska for summer (NC20-25). My winter skin is usually one shade up from lightest foundation shade so Finland might not work for true porcelain skin. Light to medium coverage with a slight luminous glow. Doesn't overemphasize my dry patches and has great lasting power. Not as heavy feeling as the bb creams I have tried but coverage is comparable. On me it doesn't seem to minimize pores/lines (not much does) but certainly does not highlight them either, many products do. As others mentioned, these shades seem more yellow based than pink/neutral. Personally I like this because it helped tone down my pinkness and was sheer enough not to leave me with a jaundiced appearance. So far I am loving this.

Tinted Moisturizers I've tried:
Estee Lauder- Oxidized and the glow seemed oily.
Laura Mercier- Sheer-light and turned patchy on me (maybe my dry skin).
Pixe- Nice but couldn't deal with the subtle sparkles.
Cover Girl- Little coverage, low spf, and pore clogging.
Others: drugstore brands not worth mentioning that were moisturizers with a drop of tint.

FYI: My skin is dry so I moisturize and prime before using tinted moisturizers and foundations. This might sheer product down for me more than others.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by allens2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very nice product to use; however, agree with many of the other comments on the colour selection for lighter/fair skin and pink undertones. Not enough colour selection and both Alaska and Finland seem to be more yellow undertone than pink. Alaska is the better one for me. Would be regular user of this product if I could get a better match. I refuse to mix two shades. There are plenty of choices for darker shades so I'm hoping NARS will expand the product line.

After using for several days decided that Finland is the better shade for fair with pink undertones. Alaska is more yellow and flat looking on my skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am forever looking for an all-in-one product (medium coverage, light moisture and good sunscreen!) -- especially for summertime. I wear a MAC NC30 and am sadly in between shades in this product. I know other NC30s are successful with Alaska but it's a little too light for me and St Moritz is too dark. I hate buying two colors to mix - I really want the ease of carrying only one tube in my travel bag. If NARS comes out with a color for NC30 I will definitely purchase and have a new HG. Please NARS???

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No