November 27, 2014 | 1734 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by ativan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised by all of the hype surrounding this. I was eager to try it, given the good reviews, but I'm disappointed. I find it on the heavy side, and it makes my face too shiny. I suspect this may be because of the high SPF; I've never found a product with good SPF that wasn't greasy-looking. So while I was excited about the sun protection, this just didn't work for me. Finland seemed like a pretty good match for my NC20 skin, but I was worried it might be slightly too pale for summer use. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the fairly small container for a pretty hefty price tag. I'm willing to pay big bucks for a good product (I've bought Revive TM before, which is $80), but this one just didn't live up to expectations, so I"m returning it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Murais

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ah, the call of the holy grail. In quest of this elusive relic, and hearing of it hidden in Nars TM, I recently hunted down a sample in Alaska. I must be darker or yellower than I'd imagined, because this Revlon CS Buff, Boots no. 7 New Ivory, Neutrogena tm Ivory-Fair, Chanel DPC Vanilla, NC20 found Nars Alaska a perfect match. First day I tried it on, I wasn't that impressed at first. Goes on smoothly, covers well for a tm, but no angels singing. A few hours later, however, I happened to take a look at myself in the bathroom mirror at work, and silently exclaimed, 'why, hello there!' My skin really did have this lovely, natural, been on long vacation, soft healthy glow! Not oil....but glowy sheen. And it held up all day without fading. And my skin still feels soft at night, so the tm does have some nice moisturizing properties. Plus it's got a dynamite full spectrum spf. My only personal regret is that its price tag precludes this plebeian from purchasing a full size at this time. None the less, a truly lovely tinted moisturizer, and well done, Nars.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by lucya67

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This product is fantastic! It applies wonderfully (I'm a brush fanatic but for this I can just use my fingers) and provides great coverage. It covers up my acne while letting my skin show through. Great buy even though it was $42. I'm an NC15 and got Finland and it's a great match

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by ESykes138

Great coverage for a tinted moisturizer! It goes on soooo smooth!! Expensive, but I don't regret it :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by PurplePerson

Amazing, Amazing, AMAZING. I've been using a Korean BB cream for a while, but it started getting a little thick/goopy. I was still looking for that perfect formula of SPF, medium coverage, non greasy, and hyperpigmentation treatment, and this is IT! I've tried Laura Mercier, and some other tinted moisturizers, and this one HAS it ALL! It reminds a little of Make-up Forever's Mat Velvet Foundation in it's consistency, but this one is packed with so much more! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Welcome to Finland, Finland. I'm NC20, and Finland is the best match for me so far. It is a little darker and more yellow than Laura Mercier Porcelain, redder than Stila Bare, less red than Urban Decay Halo. It might not work with ladies who are NW15.Then Laura Mercier Porcelain is better match. But I think for NW20, it is not too yellow, because Finland is more neutral and beigey than yellow. But if you are torn between LM Porcelain and Nude, like I was, then NARS Finland is your choice. It is medium coverage, not very light like UD, more like LM. Feels like silk. Love it.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Comfortable and lightweight with light-medium coverage. This formula is definitely more of a foundation than TM, which is my preference as traditional TMs dont offer enough coverage to me. Its really similar to the Sheer Glow formula, but with less pigmentation. Also, like Sheer Glow, this tinted moisturizer is not good for dry patches as it highlights and sticks to flakes. I applied with fingers and it dries very quickly. It leaves a matte finish, probably due to the SPF, so there is no dewy factor here, but this also means it will be a great formula this summer. Right now (Winter in NY), this formula is not moisturizing enough for my combination skin. St Moritz is a perfect color match for my Barcelona (Nars Sheer Glow) / NC30 light tan Asian complexion. I will definitely be wearing this once its warm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off I love Nars and was blown away when I heard about the tinted moisturizer coming out. I love liquid foundations but for day to day wear its such a hassle and I wanted something lightweight that gave me the "my skin but better' and nars delivered. I got annapurna and although its a tad darker than my skin its only noticeable to me and I tan easily so I knew with summer coming up there was no point in getting st. moritzs which was the shade lighter. My perfect match is MUFE 153 golden olive/medium. But back to nars the tinted moisturizer is lightly scented, it doesnt give much in terms of coverage its very sheer, and once applied ( I use my hands) gives off a nice sheen very natural and subtle. Also I can't credit the formula for getting rid of my hyperpigmentation marks (two on my cheek) but I have noticed they have significantly faded over the last month or so. I wear this everyday unless I need more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by NARSGIRL2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love NARS. I love the packaging! I love this TM. I just got it today and can't adequately describe how amazing it felt when I put in on! AMAZING!
I am NW25-30 and Alaska is perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by shadowboxer

This product is obviously very popular and it's not hard to see why. It does on beautifully and gives your skin a flawless finish. I love it.

However..I've used this TM 3 times and by the end of the day when I watch my face, I've found new cystic acne. I'm prone to it and have to be careful with new products. Prior to using this I had none..now I have 3 on my chin, 1 on my cheek, and 1 on my upper lip.

Do I love this product? Yes, absolutely. Am I keeping it? Absolutely not, it's going back to sephora today.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No