Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Diisostearyl Malate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake]

on 2/6/2012 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this in "Hot Tamale" and i really like it. The bouncy concept is really fun. I think people have way to high standards for these things. They dont sell this product saying it gives you the richest pigment and best color pay off. They say its a cream feel with powder wear. Which it certainly is. The brighter shades like the one i got and "Candy Coral" give a nice color pay off. I think the lighter shades are for a natural-barely there blush. Stop putting these with the MAC or Rock&Republic blushes, theyre Maybelline with a fun concept. I think they are very fun and the deeper shades are well worth the money.

on 2/6/2012 12:40:00 PM

This product was very disappointing. I was expecting a similar quality to the maybelline mouse blush. The color pay off is awful and it's barely pigmented. I will never buy it again.

on 2/5/2012 5:09:00 PM

I am not obsessed with this product but I do really like it. I'm gonna be completly honest, I am not a blush person but I wanted to buy this just to feel it. I felt it, and of course it has this cool feeling and kinda bounces but then I used it and found I really liked it. I dont really like creme blushes cuz I hate using my fingers to put on make up but them again if it was a powder I probably would not like it at all. I use a blush to put it on and it is kinda hard to put on mr for blush or fingers but I like how it isnt that pigmented but it can be built up. They need more of a selection of colors.

on 2/5/2012 2:27:00 PM

I have this blush in orchid plum. It isnt very pigmented at all. The blush does feel pretty cool though. I wouldn't call it bouncy though because when you press down on it, it doesn't bounce back. I have to keep rubbing my finger on the product multiple times to get color that is visible on my skin. These blushes are also kind of hard to blend. I don't think I'll be buying another one of these.

on 2/4/2012 5:04:00 PM

If I want a gel blush this is fine. It does seem like I will get through it quickly since it is easy to make a dent in. Also once i have opened it, i feel like i will need to use it or it may dry up. I think I have better Lucy with blush sticks, powders and liquids, though.

on 2/2/2012 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like the idea of this blush and the texture is pretty cool, but the color payoff is not very good at all. I literally have to swirl my blush brush in this this for like 5 mins just for the color to show up on the bristles, and the bristles are white. Kinda disappointing bc like I said I like the idea of it but there are way better DS blushes

on 2/1/2012 11:38:00 PM

I originally purchased this blush in Candy Coral. I LOVE this blush. I know everyone seems to be having different experiences with this product but here is mine:
I apply this with my fingers. I do find that I need about 3-4 layers of product to get a good color in my cheeks (I like a bright blush). Don't be afraid to press hard on the bouncy surface to pick up more color!
This blends beautifully and I have worn it for about 7 hours without needing a touch-up. I have also worn it through a 2 hour dance class and it was still there afterwards! My blush usually does not last through a dance class.

I have since purchased the other 9 shades of this blush. I haven't received them, but am really looking forward to them!

Very poor color pay-off. Such a struggle to get it to be seen! I hated tugging on my face that much. While the texture is definitely interesting, it doesn't work well at all.

on 2/1/2012 9:30:00 PM

I have this in Hot Tamale, and I have medium-dark skin with yellow undertones.

HOW I APPLY: Two fingers, give it a swirl, then blend with circular motions unto my cheekbones. Top it with my usual powder blush (Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in "Blissful")
FINISH/APPEARANCE: Bright pink/red that blends more sheer. Blending is very easy, and it wears nicely underneath my powder blush. I get a "just been outside" kind of flush.
WEAR THROUGHOUT THE DAY: This is the dealbreaker for me, this fades within maybe 2 hours, and I feel like it took my Tarte blush with it (which usually has fantastic staying power on its own). I had no blush on by lunchtime.

I guess due to the hype I was expecting an HG product, which this is not. The texture is as unique as everyone has said, but I think the gimmick is what carries this so far. For the price ($8-9), I don't think it's worth it in the least. I think the mousse blushes were better because they still had a cream consistency that actually stayed on, whereas these just seem to fall right off when they become powder. I will not repurchase

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blushes are cream blushes with a gel formula. They're meant to feel "light like a powder, yet melt into the skin like a cream". This product comes in 10 different colors. Maybelline products are tested on animals. This blush was made in Korea. This line of blushes is dermatologist and allergist tested, and is non-comedogenic. I purchased my Bouncy Blush at Ulta for $7.99 for 5.9 or .19oz of product.
Packaging for the Dream Bouncy Blushes is too plain. For a product with a cute, playful name, I think Maybelline could've done better than a tan pan with clear lid. The logo is cute, but once again, Maybelline could've done better than just white. Why not aqua or yellow, they would've stood out more against the pink blushes. I mean, even my mum thinks this is a packaging failure.
Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blushes have a unique texture, but I don't think "bouncy" is the write word to describe it. If they were actually bouncy, they'd spring back after you touched them, instead of just moving around. I think "squishy" would be a better descriptor, but "Dream Squishy Blushes" doesn't really have a ring to it. The texture of these blushes is soft and malleable, and really really fun to play with.
Bouncy Blushes are meant to be applied and blended with your fingers. I use two fingers to pat the top of the product, and three fingers to blend it across the cheeks, in sweeping, semi-circular motions. The soft texture of these blushes makes them really easy to blend. Of course you can use a brush to apply these, if its dense enough and made of firm, synthetic fibers, but I prefer the results when blended with fingers.
The coverage of this blush is really sheer, but buildable. It annoys me when people complain about them being sheer because they're supposed to be that way. Maybelline's website says so. How about doing some research before buying a product, or complaining about it? These blushes can be built up to have more color, worn sheerly for just a bit of dewy color, or layered under powder blushes. I like how Candy Coral looks with ELF's Natural Radiance Blush in Glow dusted over it. See swatches here.
Candy Coral is a pretty coral that leans mostly pink with just hints of orange. It dries down to a satiny, dewy finish that gives you the look of a natural, glowing flush. It's a pretty effect. Candy Coral isn't the most flattering color for me, cause its a bit too warm. It might look better on me in spring and summer.
The wear time for Dream Bouncy Blushes is poor. I only get about two to three hours of wear before Candy Coral fades away to almost nothing. It doesn't even get me through my short work days. I'd like to get at least six hours of wear from these, which you could probably get via layering, but on its own, Bouncy Blushes just can't stay put.
To be honest, I kinda agree with everyone who says that Maybelline's Bouncy Blushes are gimmicky, novelty products. Now that I've reviewed it, once I get tired of squishing it around in the pan, I probably won't wear Candy Coral very often.
The texture is fun and interesting, but that doesn't make up for the wear time failure. I can't complain about lack of pigmentation, because that's how this product is meant to function. I find the price tag a little bit too high for the amount of product you get. I'd like to see this more in the area of $5-6, instead of $8. I'd suggest getting these on sale if you really want them.
If Maybelline tweaked the formulation slightly, these would be a much better product. I won't be repurchasing this shade, nor trying any other. I only recommend Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blushes if you're really curious about the texture, if you like layering blushes, or if you want a super subtle, natural, glowy blush without much color pay off.

Popular Blush Products