November 21, 2014 | 1708 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by lindyhopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, as usual, it creased on me pretty quickly, unless I put on the thinnest layer ever (and sometimes even then). I still have yet to find any sort of primer or eye base that doesn't cause creasing. (I tried it with primer, without, with eyeshadow over it, without).

The color also seems a little dark for me as a lid color, but then again I don't really like to wear dark eyeshadows in general very much.

It is kind of OK if I just throw on a very, very thin layer when I'm in a rush, but it feels kind of sticky and heavy on my eyelids like it's weighing them down.

I wanted so badly to love it, but I feel very "meh" about it. I'll keep using it and trying it in different ways because sometimes I dislike something at first and then get it to work, but at the moment I'm not into it.
I wish I didn't buy it...it

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In LOVE! This is the first color I have and it's amazing! I love the staying power! With the help of a primer this stuff doesn't crease! I use this with just eyeliner and mascara and I'm ready to go! I put this on my lid and in the crease. It automatically looks darker in the crease because of my double lid so there is no "packing on the color" that needs to be done. I am definitely buying the purple one next! Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Chyna18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! i can't wait to buy more colors the orange and purple are next on my list... this shadows goes on easy and stays all day... i use it as a base as well and the pay off is excellent..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shade is the creamiest shade of the line. It is still a bit drier than most paint pots. While it does not replace paint pots for me, it is a nice cheaper "cousin".

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Cidster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As most people have said, love this product! It lasts forever on my oily eyelids. I especially love the way I can blend out the color from lash line to brow bone, throw on a little liner and mascara...and have a great look all day. For me it's very buildable so I can easily darken the corners all with the same shadow. I can't wait to get more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by AndieHeartsMAC

This product is really excellent. I apply this with my finger over a shadow base (Nars) and the color lasts all day. No creasing, no fading. This lasts through my 12 hour work shifts with ease. I find the pigmentation to be good, and it does seem to build well.

I have oily lids, and no other cream shadow has ever not creased on my lids. I have since bought 3 more. I hope Maybelline will add more neutrals to their line up in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Teacakeanyone

I was so very surprised to find, after initial skepticism, that I LOVE this! I have very oily lids; after applying some UDP, this genuinely manages to last all day for me. Few things do, powder shadows included. I tried Tough as Taupe, but as others have mentioned it's not the same color on the skin as it looks in the pot. It's also very matte, which I find difficult to blend decently and defeats my goal of a fast eye look. Bad to the Bronze is phenomenal, though. I'm very pale and first thought this was too gold or warm. But its chameleon-like shimmer makes this change color depending on the angle viewed from. It's also delightful in that adding more makes it darker, so a touch more of this in my crease and outer V darkens the look. I also find, since it's a nice light-ish color, I can place this along my lower lids and I don't look zombie-like. Big fan actually! Huge fan for only around $6-7!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

I first off want to say that these are the best eyeshadows I have ever used. I bought all ten of them. They do not crease or fade (very much). My eyelids always absorb eyeshadow within a couple of hours and/or crease like mad, and I have not had this problem with any of the colour tattoo shadows.
This is a great bronze colour. You can wear it sheer if you like, but you can easily build it up- it still will not crease.
Definitely would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Color looks gorgeous in the pot but on my lids, it came out more to a browny taupey silverish color!! I was expecting more of a bronZy-brown shade. I use my sephora concealer brush to apply all over the lid. Nice color but I wouldn't repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think that these Maybelline cream gel eye shadows are worthy of purchase overall. I bought this one and the one in Bold Gold. I almost didn't purchase this (Bronze) one, because when I went to get it specifically and saw it, I noticed that it really didn't appear to be the bronze color that I was expecting in the pot. I decided to get it anyway and, once applied, it sure isn't bronze at all, it's more of a taupe. For that I am disappointed.