July 31, 2014 | 1299 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Teacakeanyone

I was so very surprised to find, after initial skepticism, that I LOVE this! I have very oily lids; after applying some UDP, this genuinely manages to last all day for me. Few things do, powder shadows included. I tried Tough as Taupe, but as others have mentioned it's not the same color on the skin as it looks in the pot. It's also very matte, which I find difficult to blend decently and defeats my goal of a fast eye look. Bad to the Bronze is phenomenal, though. I'm very pale and first thought this was too gold or warm. But its chameleon-like shimmer makes this change color depending on the angle viewed from. It's also delightful in that adding more makes it darker, so a touch more of this in my crease and outer V darkens the look. I also find, since it's a nice light-ish color, I can place this along my lower lids and I don't look zombie-like. Big fan actually! Huge fan for only around $6-7!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

I first off want to say that these are the best eyeshadows I have ever used. I bought all ten of them. They do not crease or fade (very much). My eyelids always absorb eyeshadow within a couple of hours and/or crease like mad, and I have not had this problem with any of the colour tattoo shadows.
This is a great bronze colour. You can wear it sheer if you like, but you can easily build it up- it still will not crease.
Definitely would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Color looks gorgeous in the pot but on my lids, it came out more to a browny taupey silverish color!! I was expecting more of a bronZy-brown shade. I use my sephora concealer brush to apply all over the lid. Nice color but I wouldn't repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think that these Maybelline cream gel eye shadows are worthy of purchase overall. I bought this one and the one in Bold Gold. I almost didn't purchase this (Bronze) one, because when I went to get it specifically and saw it, I noticed that it really didn't appear to be the bronze color that I was expecting in the pot. I decided to get it anyway and, once applied, it sure isn't bronze at all, it's more of a taupe. For that I am disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by lls4f

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best shade of the best drugstore cream eyeshadow available. The color is a beautiful shimmery cool bronze that dries to look just like a powder. It can provide a very nice wash of color on its own, or can be easily layered with other colors. My personal favorite is to use UDPP, then this, then put Urban Decay's Smog from the original Naked palette on top. Lovely color, great price, and sturdy packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by mua_freak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

very creamy, and blends well. i like that it dries to a powdery finish. not as dark as i though it would be, but its buildable. not amazing staying power, but its great for days when i dont have a lot of time for makeup. if you dont like shimmer, dont get this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

I think that this is the only one in the bunch that is wearable for me. TAT made me look bruised. I really like this cream shadow but it's not as nice as the MUFE aqua creams. These color tattoos don't become part of the skin like the aqua creams do. But for a drugstore cream shadow, this is amazing. And the color of this one is really pretty and looks great on blue eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by grits75

I have super oily lids and so far no primer has worked to completely keep my eye shadows from creasing until this product came to town. Paint Pots make my eyes water and eventually crease my shadows. UDPP hasn't been that much helpful either. I'm amazed at how great this product is and easy to blend and wear with my other eye shadows. Now, if they would just make something matte like a painterly paint pot, they would truly be the bomb diggity!! ☺

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by snis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a cheap e/s and I am glad since it did not work for me I found application messy with both brushes and my fingers. It had too much glitter and too much silver sheen. You would think a product called bronze would be warmer but this was not the case on my NC 44 skintone. It was a very icy cool tone shade. It probably looks better on fairer skin.

There are pricier dept store brands like MAC that are much better, I will stick with those.
I will either toss this or give it away to someone else. It was a waste of money and I will not purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-no creasing on my oily lids after 8hrs (haven't gone longer yet)
-sheer wash that can be layered beautifully with Naked palette
-cheap
-creamy then doesn't budge

Cons:
-available colours are too bold; wish there were more neutral shades
-wish it was buildable

I initially bought Tough as Taupe thinking it was a cheaper dupe for MAC Painterly but Tough is more putty than taupe. I gave it another try by buying Bronze and I love it. I do love this sheer wash. If I wanted bolder colours, I layer on shades from my Naked palette.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No